Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts

1K 42 3
By Skyslovely

As stated in the title, this chapter contains simply of mini shorts of your time in Black Butler.

"It's been a while since I've last been here," you commented glancing around the Trancy Manor, recollecting each detail of the manor you dimly remembered seeing when you had last been here months ago.

"I'm just glad that you decided to come visit me yourself!" Alois happily exclaimed, doing small playful spins while you watched him with an amused expression on your face before stopping in front of you with a large grin. "It's been ages since you've last been here even though I can understand why..." He began, throwing a glance over to the staircase before guiding you away from the area, an action that you were thankful for.

"Anyways!" He started, attempting to cover up the small quiet moment that had been present. "I was growing terribly dull being here in the manor. There's nothing fun to do when it's mostly just me and Claude. That boring butler just kept piling work on top of me, it's a wonder I'm even breathing right now." You chuckled at his exasperated expression drawing his attention over to you before he gave you a large smile. "But you're here now and that just makes my day even better!"

You were caught off guard by his sudden outburst, but gave him a smile at his sincere words and nature. "Well then I'm glad that I was able to make your day! But what about the triplets and Hannah? I'm assuming they're somewhere around the manor." You curiously asked, peering around the manor as if this would allow you to somehow find the other demons that also resided in the manor.

"The triplets are somewhere here in the manor and Hannah had to go into town to buy some more supplies for the manor. She also plans on buying food, I'm guessing she's going to cook us dinner when she returns," Alois answered, leading you further into the manor. You glanced behind you to see Claude slink off from the two of you, he himself heading down another hallway before disappearing down its corridor. This struck you in surprise as you were sure that he would most likely accompany Alois, but you considered the fact that all of you were at the manor and that you were here for the day concluding that he probably thought Alois was fine by himself.

"So how have you've been Alois?" You asked the blonde boy glancing over to find him lost in thought.

He snapped to attention once he had heard your voice, glancing over and giving you a smile. "Things are better now, though it's a nuisance having to handle all of the paper work that the Queen gives me."

"Do you really have to work for the Queen?" You softly asked, glancing down at the younger boy. Seeing how hard both he and Ciel worked to complete duties for the Queen always made you feel pity for both boys as they shouldn't have to work as much as they did. A look of surprised crossed his expression at your sudden question before he shook his head.

"I have a duty to serve the Queen as her Spider," Alois stated to which you only sighed making you piece together one of the similarities both he and Ciel shared.

"Alright if you say so," you responded with a deep sigh. As always you wished that they both would stop their duties with the Queen and actually live a life of their own, yet you knew this would never happen. At this time, the two of you had crossed further into the manor almost nearing the back of the manor. Still, you hadn't catch the glimpse of any of the triplets and you were growing terribly curious as to where they were around the manor. "Hey Alois," you began causing him to look over at you. "I just wanted to say again. Thank you for what you did last time. You know taking me to the ice cream parlor when things weren't exactly well for me."

"Oh, of course (Y/N)," Alois began giving you a sincere smile. "Like I said, I care about you. I would do anything I could just to see you happy again," he said glancing back in front of the two of you as he lead you down the hallway. You were curious as to where Alois was taking you for all you knew was that he continued to lead you to the back of the manor.

"Thank you Alois," you told him genuinely.

"It's been a while since we've last seen you," two voices remarked making you pause and glance over to the side to see the triplets. You concluded that it was Thompson who had spoken, the demon standing alongside his brothers.

"Oh Thompson, Timber, Canterbury. It's been a while since I've last seen you three," you remarked giving the triplets a smile as you fully turned to face them. "How have you guys been?"

"We've been," Canterbury began.

"Doing," Timber said.

"Good," Thompson concluded.

"That's good to hear," you cheerfully said. "I hope Alois hasn't been working you guys that hard," you playfully commented, saying this to tease Alois.

"I do not work them that hard!" Alois sputtered, giving you the reaction that you had wanted and you playfully tapped him on the shoulder gaining his attention. "I'm just messing with you," you mischievously told him. "I'm sure you wouldn't work them too hard," you commented before turning back to the triplets.

"We should get back," Timber said.

"To our duties," Thompson finished.

"It was good seeing you (Y/N)," Canterbury stated and with a wave the three of them disappeared back into the shadows of the manor. You watched them go with a wave of your hand before turning back to Alois once they had left.

"Come I have something the two of us can do!" Alois suddenly exclaimed grabbing into your hand and dragging you through the rest of the manor.

It only took a minute before the two of you had exited the back entrance of the manor and you both stopped at the edge of the manor. You gazed out across the backyard shockingly upon seeing the massive expanse of snow that covered it in a white blanket. Slowly, you glanced around the backyard before turning to face Alois who seemed smug at your expression. "But... How is there still snow here? It's almost spring. All the snow has melted back at the Phantomhive Manor and most of London."

Alois laughed as he gestured to the snowy expanse. "I asked Claude if he could keep the snow around for a while. I'm not to sure as to how he was able to do it, but it hasn't melted yet even though it's almost spring."

An almost childlike excitement welled up in you as you stared out across the landscape. Throughout the months, you barely had any chance to actually take the time to enjoy the winter season. Your gaze trailed down to Alois and noted that he was wearing a thick furred coat along with a pair of black and white gloves. No wonder he had been wearing them. "Here I'm sure you'll be wanting this," Alois said holding up a jacket similar to his.

"Thanks Alois," you commented, taking the jacket from him and shrugging it onto your shoulders. You gave another glance back at the snow, a large grin spreading onto your face before glancing back at Alois. He gave you a large ecstatic smile before grabbing onto your hand and pulling you out into the backyard. Snow crunched underneath your shoes as the two of you raced your way across it, prints being left behind as your feet slightly sunk into the white mass. The weather was clear today, a slight breeze lingering in the air, and the cerulean blue skies were devoid of any clouds. You had been too lost admiring your surroundings to have noticed Alois slipping his hand from your grasp and heading away from you. Something collided against your back making you turn around to see Alois mischievously grinning at you a snowball in his hand.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Alois mischievously asked, tossing the snowball in his hand before tossing it at you.

You dodged the snowball at the same time leaning down to scoop up some snow before rolling it into a ball and tossing it at him. Alois was to slow to dodge and the snowball pelted him directly in the face making you laugh upon witnessing it. The snow slid off of his face leaving a wet trail, yet he joined in with your laughter. "You won that round, but I'm sure going to win the next time," he declared.

"We'll see about that," you humored to him. You dashed after Alois with a happily glad that you had decided to visit Alois for the day. Maybe later the two of you could also build a snowmen.

+

"And where exactly are you bringing me Mr. Edward Midford," you humored to the male as he continued to gesture for you to follow after him. Your shoes clack down the sidewalk as you headed through the streets of London, well dressed gentlemen and ladies passing by and kids racing alongside the carriages, happily laughing as they played with each other.

"You'll have to wait and see for yourself milady," Edward playfully answered from where he slowly walked in front of you, taking the moment to spin around so that he was facing you. He continued to walk, making others move around him in an attempt not to run into him and a couple shot him dirty glares as they passed.

You gave them a sheepish smile as they passed, though you couldn't care for their irritated expressions as you focused your attention back on Edward. "You're going to run into someone walking like that." You laughed quickly moving forward to move Edward to the side before he had a chance to run into a lamp post. "Point proven." You stopped alongside a small clothing shop pulling Edward to a stop next to you.

"You're in such a hurry, you didn't even tell me just where we were going." You pouted causing Edward to give you a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry about earlier," he said apologetically, flashing you a small smile to which you could only sigh, but return the gesture.

Earlier that day, Ciel had informed you that someone was coming to the manor to bring you somewhere. No matter how much you begged him to reveal to you the identity of this person, he had remained quiet simply informing you that they wished to remain a secret. Ciel had seemed almost disgruntled about this when he had told you as if he didn't want you to leave the manor or as if he wasn't happy about the person who had asked you. Based off of this you could only speculate that it was Alois as although Ciel had slowly began to tolerate the blonde boy, he still didn't exactly like him.

Just like you, the servants were equally as curious as to who this mysterious person was, Mey-Rin getting distracted in her fantasy that the mysterious person was actually some exotic prince that had come to sweep you off of your feet. You scoffed at this, but it didn't help the fact that your thoughts had drifted to Soma curious if the mysterious person was by some chance him.

You had even gone to Sebastian himself, inquisitive if even the demon butler himself knew of the figure, but he had simply given you a sly smile. It wasn't until later on in the day that there was a loud knock on the door, causing you to frantically race your way toward. By then, Sebastian had already reached the door and you peered around the corner to find yourself staring at a different blonde than you had been expected.

Standing there with a pleasant smile on his face was Edward Midford, Elizabeth's brother and now a good friend of yours. You would occasionally venture to Weston to visit him, though Ciel didn't always approved of this as the campus was a considerable distance away from the manor, but he knew that you were capable of defending yourself and you had the ability to teleport.

Edward simply explained that he was bringing you somewhere for a surprise and curious to what it was, you had left with him, with quick goodbyes to everyone in the manor.

Currently, you were still drilling Edward, trying to get him to admit just were the two of you were going. Sure you loved surprises, but sometimes your curiosity got the best of you.

"Haven't you learned about patience," Edward teased, turning to curiously peer into the window of the shop the two of you were standing in front of. You noted the way his eyes lingered on a green tie that was placed by the window and a small grin crossed your face as an idea coming to mind for later.

"Haven't you learned that you shouldn't leave a girl in suspense," you taunted back as a smile graced your lips. A clock chimed in the distance causing Edward to snap out of his slight fawning over the tie.

"Quick!" He grabbed onto your hand, his own slightly calloused against your soft ones, but heat radiated from his palm, warming up your slightly cold ones and unconsciously you tightened your grip causing him to look back at you with a warm smile. "If we don't hurry we might miss some of it!" He exclaimed, pulling you away from the shop.

You glanced back at the shop, noting down the name and where it was as you planned on coming back later. "Hurry (Y/N)!" Edward called to you, taking a quick second to glance behind him at you. He flashed you a quick amused smile when you shouted at him to pay attention to where he was running. Without a seconds break, the two of you dashed your way down the street, dodging and ducking pedestrians and carriages that crossed their way across London. To anyone watching, they would see two frantic young adults madly dashing their way down the street, but wouldn't realize that they were having the grand of fun. Once again, you were glad to have discarded the dresses you would usually wear, as with pants, it made it easier to follow after Edward without worry of tripping, though it was slightly difficult convincing Edward that it was okay for women to dress down like you did as he believed that women should dress conservatively.

By then, you noticed that you were getting further from the crowded streets of London and you peered around Edward's running shoulder to transfix your gaze on a large park that was steadily getting closer. "A park?" You exclaimed to the knight over his shoulder as he pulled you over to its entrance finally stopping and allowing you to draw in quick gulps of air between your panting. "I wasn't expecting to have to run for the day," you breathlessly chuckled from where you bent over. You peered up at Edward from your crouch form, noticing that he was already gazing down at you bemusedly. "You didn't say that there was going to be running," you humored straightening up and peering past the entrance of the park. "So you wanted to come to the park?"

"This is where I wanted to bring you for the day. There's something here that I wanted to experience with you," Edward stated, glancing into the park and you could tell that he desperately wished to head in and not wanting to stall him any longer, you informed him that you were ready to head in. "Great! Let's go then!" Edward beamed, a large smile crossing onto his face as he suddenly grasped onto your hand pulling you inside the gate area.

"More running," you humored as the two of you dashed through the park, leaves crunching underneath your shoes as the two of you raced along the sidewalks. The weather today was surprisingly warm, displaying signs of the upcoming spring season and a light breeze drifted through the trees marking a perfect atmosphere for being outside. From where you raced underneath towering cedar and jacaranda trees, you noticed that they were speckled in foliage and small purple buds had begun to spread over the branches.

As the two of you headed further into the park, you began to notice that it was beginning to get more packed. More people began to crowd around the area, and in due time both you and Edward had to carefully navigate through the crowd. "What's going on?" You questioned just as you began to hear a chorus of music echoing from further past the crowd.

"You'll see," Edward answered, giving you an amused smile from around his shoulder, before pulling you deeper into the crowd. You unconsciously tightened your grip on his hand as you attempted to navigate your way through the people after him. Upon getting closer to the front of the crowd, you managed to peer over Edward's shoulder to see where you were going. Your eyes widened upon noticing a large concert stage in front, groups of people huddling near the edge loudly cheering or dancing, while a few sat on blankets enjoying the music.

"You brought me to a concert!" You happily exclaimed glancing around the area with wide eyes before settling your attention onto the stage. A small band was on the stage playing several instruments as backup to a main singer who at the center of the stage. From the crowd that had gathered to listen to them, you could assume that they were fairly popular and you had to admit that a couple of their songs were pretty catchy.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Edward's voice asked making you turn around to find him seated out on a large blanket, a small picnic basket next to him.

"You did all this?" You breathlessly asked, eyeing the picnic basket and the blanket before glancing back over to him with a large happy smile. "Why?" You asked, taking his outstretched hand as he guided you down to the blanket.

Edward gave you a sheepish expression as he unconsciously scratched his left cheek glancing over to the concert that was going on. "You're always having to come meet me at Weston, I figured I should do something different for you this time. And you always take the time to come see me at my concerts, I guess this is my way of saying thank you."

"You really didn't have to," you shyly protested while you settled down onto the blanket getting comfortable. Your face felt unusually warm, but you wrote it off as heat from the sun. "But thank you, this is really nice."

"You like it?!" He seemed to beamed when he asked you this and you laughed with a nod of your head at his brightened nature.

"Of course!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 4.1K 37
Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any sort, and she wasn't secretly the 'chose...
44.2K 1.3K 21
Black Butler, Sebastian x Ciel fanfic. (I don't own this manga/anime, only my own fantasies about it) -THIS BOOK IS TO BE READ FIRST BEFORE THE CAGED...
107K 3.9K 41
(Y/N) was chilling on her couch Saturday evening (like she always does) when she is transported to the world of Black Butler! What will happen then...
17.2K 994 47
The third book in the series The Queen's Lion. The Queen's Lion and The Queen's Lion: Disciplined can be found on my page and are needed to understan...