Arknights: Dr.(Y/N)'s Riposte

By VioAndBio

A story about an independent doctor named (Y/N), who is well known for his reputation earned from his career... More

1. Clinic is closed... Permanently
2. Meanwhile...
3. Back to Conscious
4. The Aconite & Lilies
5. Hostile or Friendly?
6. The Haste
7. Chernobog (No Crownslayer bullies)
8. The Movement
9. Different Polars Attracts (Part 1)
10. Just Like Before
11. Burning Skies, Fallen Heart
13. Modern Problems, Modern Solutions
14. She, The Elafia
15. Old Bonds
16. W's Zorn
17. A Survivor's Will
18. Hands From LGD
19. Different Poles Attracts (Part II)
20. The Last Agent
21. Behind the Curtains
22. W
23. The Initial Insanity
24. Turn Coat
25. Lovely Elafia
End of 1st Ark
2nd Arc: 0th Stasis
26. Atonement
27. The Pinky Promise (Part 1)
28. The Pinky Promise (Part 2)
29. The Other Side
30. Filia and Mio, The Anti-hero and The Agent
31. The Truth
32. Lungmen Arrival

12. Elafia & Demoness

6.9K 208 1.2K
By VioAndBio

(A/N: I forgot to show how Firewatch looks like, above)

Firewatch's P.O.V

Using the bombs too much are going to hit some tolls on my mentality.

I stopped using my tactical transceiver and put it back into my new bag pack. Using them any longer would attract some attention, like the Reunion.

Besides the massive rock, there are some tall buildings tilted and crashed on its side. An idea came into my mind, where I enter those tilted buildings and use it as a stairway up above the rock.

As long as it works, I do not mind.

I found some dead bodies torn in half, pierce by metal poles and blacken by burns. It is not that I care, but I cannot do anything else to save them.

I am not a god or a divine being, but just a veteran elafia girl whose clan was burned down to the ground when she was still little.

Every day I was thinking of vengeance and the other person who survived. (Y/N) and me, we were the only ones left from the clan. Even though he was the only human, we were able to accept him.

I smile a bit remembering the small bits of happiness I gained before. But in this mission I set for myself, I need to maintain a professional manner.

*Trik!*

Lifting my large crossbow in my hand, I scoped my surroundings in the gloomy building. Remembering the source of the sound, I aimed at my north-west direction and saw a small silhouette moving.

I could not feel any subtle of bloodlust from it, but it was moving towards. Footsteps could be heard as I lowered my large crossbow upon realising the silhouette.

It was just a kid. I guess 10 years of combat experience made me feel more sceptical about small details too much. Resulting in me forgetting about innocence still exists in this forsaken world.

[Aunty?] - Child

It was a child with a thin body, I do not want to really assume his or her gender because this child could be both. If someone were in my place, I bet they will say the same.

[C-can aunty help me for a bit?] - Child

Do I look that old? I just turned 19 years old yesterday.

Thinking about it, I never look at myself on the mirror for all these years. Plus, I do not even have any knowledge of cosmetic too... Maybe I should try it once, or not at all.

Other than that, let's help this child first. I guess there is enough time to spare.

[Help in what?] - Firewatch

The child seems to be taken aback from my words.

Do I look that scary to you?

Hhhmmm... Maybe I should look at the mirror once. I do no want to look intimidating in front of children.

Being aware of oneself is necessary for operators.

[My cat fell into a h-hole, I can't reach for my cat...] - Child

This kid reminds me of myself in the past, always asking for help. I asked others instead of trying to help myself first. Only to meet a mistake at the end of my childhood life.

I hope this child would not end up like me before.

[Which hole?] - Firewatch

Stop tearing up, my face is not that stoic...

Maybe a little, I do not know. I need an expert for this.

[Follow me aunty...] - Child

After a minute of walking, we are at the edge of the building. To be precise, it was not a hole but the cat could be seen at the platform below and was far from my reach also.

Even though it is possible to get the cat if I do some acrobatic movement, its no use because...

[Sorry but, your cat is already dead] - Firewatch

The child's eyes widen in shocked after receiving the news. The cat was not moving and it's lower half was between broken pieces of the building.

[RAAAHHH!] - ?

I sighed and parried a stranger's sword with the metal part of my large crossbow. My eyes landed on him and I instantly recognised his uniform.

A reunion soldier...

My strength was not a match but my flexibility is high, so I let his sword hit the ground and camouflage with my originium ability.

Confusion derailed him into trying to find me. I pull out my sidearm, which is a revolver named Welrod MKll and shot him in the head from the back.

There was no shoot sounds, just the sound of his blood splat onto the ground... And on the child too.

Ummmm... Sorry...

This is kind of bad... Nightmares are going to haunt the child tonight.

[Ki-killer!] - Child

The child points at me and fell down on the floor.

A naive child... If it if from a grown-up person, I know most of them would use that to taunt my mind. But if it is from a child... It does make me feel a bit guilty.

[But that was a-] - Firewatch

[Stay away from me!] - Child

The child shouted with teary eyes and grabbed the nearest broken metal pipe. He or she swung it in front of me as a form of defence.

Even if I say more, the child would still deny without considering my words. There is no use for me to linger around with inexperienced people.

I harden my heart and took my steps away from the child. Only my back faced the child as I walk towards (Y/N)'s location.

..................................................................

[101 metres deep....] - Firewatch

Considering the size of this rock I am standing on, it is not surprising. Still, it is hard to do this alone.

Thinking about that, I scoffed at myself.

Did not all of my missions before are hard too? Good thing that I brought myself a thick polyester rope with a hook. The con was this rope can only reach 100 metres length.

The device I used to check the depth of the hole can only give estimation results. So, the hole can be longer or shorter than the estimation.

[Around, Here...] - Firewatch

I sunk the hook at the edge of the 30-metre diameter hole and clipped the robe on my hiking belt. I climbed down a bit and settled my feet against the walls of the hole.

Taking a few deep breaths, I lowered myself down as the sunset signals the end of the afternoon.

After 30 minutes, I safely reach onto the ground and unfasten the rope. It was dark but fortunately, I brought a flashlight along with me.

I light up my surroundings and pieces of broken rocks could be found in every direction, missed with pieces of buildings.

I thought that it will take more time to find (Y/N) until I saw something blue below the debris.

Suspicious things made lead to a goal... Or a bad turn.

My steps sounded out within the hole as I approached it. Kicking some rubbles I saw (Y/N) curled up on the centre with pale complexions.

Laying my knees on the ground I tried to insert my hands, but the energy-like barrier repelled them. According to Kal'tsit's intel, his stepfather's originium ability is related to shielding.

It was weird that Kal'tsit only knows his stepfather's ability and nothing else besides that. She got that little information from an unofficial biography... Meaning that his stepfather is hiding something, or does not involve himself that much in public.

Shield type originium have duration so, it will eventually disappear.

[I'll wait here... With debated breath] - Firewatch

Other than his stepfather, (Y/N) himself is more mysterious...

There was no information about his date of birth or where he was born...

Even the clan we live in found him somewhere else...

Abandoned...

..................................................................

Wiya's P.O.V

[The radar says here...] - Wiya

I looked at the rectangular device on my hand as a blue dot flickering on its screen. Stuffing the radar back into my pocket, I stood in front of a hole where weirdly, there is a hook nearby.

[Whoops!] - Wiya

The metal hook fell into the hole after I accidentally kick it. I know there is someone trying to dear (Y/N) out, but that person is not my ally... So, I am not giving any chances~

The fact that he still went out of my hometown after reading the note I left, made me kind of... Pissed.

[A? Why did I think of that?] - Wiya

I should have control myself more- HAHAHAHHA- than this. Hhmmm... Maybe I am out of the weather today..... Nope.

[Whoever down there~ wait for me!] - Wiya

Wait, I should not have said that because the hook falling in there was already surprising enough.

The Talulah, Crow and the whole army should be enough to hold off Chernobog and Rhodes Island. Talking about the latter, it is a high chance that the person down there is one of them.

I did remember fighting one some time ago? It was quite fun teasing her, and I did not even use half of my originium arts too.

I direct my originium towards my fingers and concentrate at the nails, making them become harder. With this, I do not even need some safety equipment for going down.

Maybe later, I can thank (Y/N) for letting me absorb his white originium all these years. Now, I can even use his abilities!

[Horryah!] - Wiya

Kicking my feet off the ground, my leg strength was increased by my originium as well which able me to jump to the other wall inside.

Where is the fun if you do not make things more challenging?

My harden fingers and nails sunk into the walls with ease. The gravity pulls me down deeper as the rocks are breaks.

Basically, I was sliding down while cutting the walls down with my nails. It was not that long for me to reach down while focusing some originium into my sight to gain self night vision.

[Oh, you again!] - Wiya

I shouted and gaze towards the woman I fought back then. I did a bit of research about her, and know some of her backgrounds... Seems like I have a rival.

Looking that she went through lengths to come to (Y/N), it seems obvious. Looking from this, I do need to learn how to wipe off some skanks from him.

Especially in silence...

[I thought all Reunion members are distracted by the main force... And you cut off my way up too] - Firewatch

[Excluding me!] - Wiya

I heard her groan in displeasure and pull out a Welrod MKll handgun.

Woah! That is a magnificent old sidearm she got there. Let me... assemble some parts here... and done!

[That is.....] - Firewatch

[Yes! RPG-7D!] - Wiya

Her reaction was amusing, but that will die down after getting by one of my explosive ammo.

*FLAASSHH!*

After pulling the trigger, the rocket within my RPG propelled towards her and some of my originium help guided the ammo.

Somehow, the rocket exploded at midway. The accuracy this woman named Firewatch have, sure is plausible.

Let me load in another-

*Tik!* X2

Ogghh... She shot my RPG-7 away. Oh well, I always have my trusty combat knife and Glock-18 handgun.

[You're a headache....] - Firewatch

[Huh? That is quite the opposite of what (N/N) always said] - Wiya

Hoho! Look at that face! How scornful~

Do you detest me that much~?

Put a tick mark on that annoyed face with a pinch at the forehead and there! You will get a perfect art for an angry character in a manga!

[Hahaha! I managed to put you off the balance did I?] - Wiya

[At least I'm not much of a p***y to steal a kiss. If I were you, I would have done it] - Firewatch

....die

I held up my Glock-18 and unloaded all the magazine on her. Due to my overflowing originium, my handgun and bullets were covered in dark-crimson flames.

She flips herself to the air and landed behind human-sized rubble, shielding herself from all of the bullets.

I could not feel any mercy for anyone today, as an airborne silhouette of myself appears in front of her. Which I, in a blink of an eye teleport to my silhouette and deliver my leg towards her head.

*BREAK!*

My enhanced kick was blocked by her arms but, I broke her bones in the process and flung her towards a wall with cracks appearing behind her back.

After a few seconds, my raging emotions died down and I saw that Firewatch was unconscious in the dent of the wall.

I wanted to enjoy some more... But it seems like I went too far... Oh well, as long as (Y/N) is in my hands again.

I remember that I saw that woman was near... There! The blue thingy shield!

Walking towards it, I saw (Y/N) at the centre with visible dry tears near his eyes... He's having a hard time too... Do not worry, I will make sure that you do not have to face the world again and stay by my side all the time.

It hurts me when I see you suffer... It hurts me more when I see you with another woman.

I extend my hands forward to the shield and envelope it all with my dark-crimson originium. Bits by bits, small openings start to work out.

___________________________________________

(A/N: Sorry for the tedious waiting, when I was writing halfway, I got called to sew some clothes. Anyways, I got it done and satisfied by this... I think. I feel like I do have to expand my vocabulary and read more light novels because I could see some repeated flow of writing style in my chapters. See you all in the next chapter, Au Revoir.

P.S. I think it is possible for me to upload another chapter tomorrow)

(2234 words excluding Author's Notes, and any questions of anyone's ability in the story? Not the game versions but in this version)

Picture sources: -

1. Firewatch's (Filia) fanart: https://www.zerochan.net/2849914
Entry by SubaruSemuragi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97K 3.4K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
859K 40K 171
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
485K 10.7K 56
Reneé Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneé is taller and older then reader unless requested
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...