Mistakes (Marvel Runaways)

gardenrose85

Oaklyn Smith is a your average teen. The only abnormal thing about her life is that her parents work for an o... Еще

~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~

~1~

3.5K 54 8
gardenrose85

*POV: Oaklyn*

          It was like any other morning in the Smith household. I woke up at around 6 o'clock for school. I slowly walked downstairs rubbing my tired eyes as I stumbled down the stairs. I was greeted by my mom and my dad as they made breakfast for me and at the same time got ready for work.

"Hi honey." My mom said to me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hi mom, hey dad." I said as I walked to the table. I sat down and ate the food that my mom prepared for me. It has been two years since Amy's passing and I was wondering what they were doing today..

"We have a PRIDE meeting tonight at the Wilder house, you should go and hang out with Alex. You guys haven't talked in a long time." My dad stated as he finished packing up his briefcase with "important" documents for work.

Hard pass.

I shoved I fork full of pancakes into my mouth, shaking my head at my father. I haven't spoken to Alex of the rest of the group in two years, there's no way I'm going to the PRIDE meeting with them tonight. My dad just sighs and waves my mom and I goodbye before he leaves for work. I thank my mom for breakfast and head upstairs to get ready for another day of school.

I take a shower while singing "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye. As I'm belting my music in the shower, I hear my mom leave for work. I finish taking a shower, I change into a pair of leggings and an oversized dark green hoodie, I comb through my curly dirty blond hair and put it up into a pony tail. I throw on my adidas slides, put in my earbuds, and grab my black backpack as I walk to school. (See outfit above.)

I get to school and as I'm walking to homeroom, I see Gert and Molly, two more of the people I used to be friends with before Amy's passing. It looks like Gert is passing our fliers for a new club she's running. As I see them talking with each other, I see another former friend, Chase Stein, he's now turned into a major douchebag, but that's besides the point. Gert approaches him about her new club, he crumbles up the flier and walks away laughing..

"What an asshole" I mutter under my breath. I walk over to Gert and I ask for a flier, at first, she seems confused but then she hands me a flier and smiles. I smile back, and start making my way towards homeroom, I sit down at the back of the classroom and wait for announcements to start. I zone out, doodling on my paper until I hear Gert's voice. She's talking about her club. I put in my earbuds for the rest of class, I'm sort of invisible when it comes to school so I dont have to worry about anyone noticing me.

At the end of homeroom, I hear Alex talking to Chase. I ignore it until I hear Gert and Karolina join in, I then decide to start walking towards the door, At the same time, I over hear Chase saying how now, he makes fun of people like us, also known as nobodies, I look over at Chase before he leaves and shoot him a disapproving look before carrying on with my day.

*Time Skip*

After school, I got home and did my homework like a normal student,  as I'm working on an English project, I get a text from Alex. Its a picture of the whole group, Me, Alex, Gert, Molly, Chase, Nico, and Karolina. I then get chills all over my body. I look at the photo again, its a picture of all of us when we were still all friends. In the photo, Nico actually wore color, Gert's hair was long and brown, Molly had he hair in braids, and Alex's hair was shorter. Karolina and Chase still looked pretty much the same though. As for me, my hair was just a little bit shorter than it it's now, and in the photo, I was wearing my black framed glasses. I sigh to myself and I know what I have to do.

I start making my way over to Alex's. As I'm walking I keep thinking if anyone else is going to even show up. Caught in my own thoughts, I soon realize that I'm standing at the front door.

"Well, here goes nothing I guess" I say to myself as I pull out my phone to let Alex know I'm here. As I'm waiting for Alex to open the door, Chase, Karolina, Molly, and Gert arrive as well, I decided not to make direct eye contact with anyone, luckily, they had the same idea in mind. We stood there for what feels like hours until Alex finally appears at the door.

"We all got your text." Chase states as he breaks the silence between all of us.

"Manipulative, sending that photo." Gert adds on.

"But effective, since you're almost all here." Alex responds with. As Alex is speaking, Nico shows up completing the group of our former friendship.

As Nico is walking up to the door she looks like she had just been crying.

"Room for one more?" Nico asks as she looks around at all of us.

Alex chuckles as he looks down at his feet.

"So... you gonna let us in?" Chase asked impatiently.

I roll my eyes as I continue to not make eye contact with any of them, feeling more awkward than usual in this situation. Alex then lets us in as we head to the guest house where he had pizza and soda waiting for us. Alex then starts to explain what games and types of pizza he has there for us. Gert then expresses how we aren't twelve anymore

Alex gave up on the games and pizza and went to sit down in one of the chairs when Molly states that that was "her chair" referring to Amy. Nico then states that it doesn't matter anymore because she's gone. We then sit in very uncomfortable silence.

"This is too weird." Chase states as he looks around. Everyone is still looking down in their own thoughts.

"Maybe we just dont work without her." Karolina adds on. Chase then stands up and heads for the door as he says he's leaving but I am tired of just sitting here quiet all the time.

"Come on, guys!" I say as I stand up form the couch I was sitting on. I them continue, "At least he's trying to have us all hang out again. I know none of us has made an attempt in the past two years." Chase and the others then look at me and after that I sit down again in the same spot on the couch where I was before.

"Listen, we cant blame Amy, for the fact that we dont hang out anymore."

After Alex said that, that it was all downhill from there.

Chase then began to say how its Alex's fault because he didn't show up to Amy's funeral. I completely zoned out from there. I wasn't in the mood to be sitting in a room with all of my former friends throwing a fit. Then Gert said something referring to not showing up when expected. Then Chase said how him not being there was the first crack in the wall but then Karolina chimed in saying how that wall was always coming down. Then more stuff was said about how we were always gonna drift.

"Plus its kind of hard to stay friends with someone when all they care about is being the perfect church girl." Gert says clearly throwing shade at Karolina.

"Better than the insufferable social justice warrior." Karolina fires back.

"Or a dumb jock." Alex adds in bringing Chase into the conversation.

"Yeah, or Molly." Chase says. Then he adds on with "I've got nothing against you. You're really nice." Then again, I dont think anyone has anything against Molly.

"What about me?" Nico says with sadness washed all over her face. We all turn our heads towards her not saying a word.

"Whatever I am now, its not Amy. Sorry to let you all down."

"What? Nico no one is thinking that about you" I chime in after sitting quietly for a while. I feel bad for Nico, she's been through it a lot for these past two years.

"Great party, Alex. Thanks for all the pizza and sadness." Chase states as he plops back down onto the couch. Gert then states how all of us where doing fine before today. Karolina then says how none of us our fine and hoe she's tired of pretending that she is. I then glance at everyone else and as I'm doing that I make eye contact with Chase. He just stares at me with a straight face then he looks back down at the ground.

We sit in silence for a few minutes until Chase breaks the silence. "Fine. Then I'm gonna need some alcohol." standing up, heading for Mr. Wilders office where the alcohol is kept. I chuckle to Chase's comment then get up to follow Chase to the office in the main house. I slip in my earbuds and start singing "Cough Syrup" by Young the Grant as I'm walking behind everyone else ignoring all the side conversations that are going on around me. When I enter the office, I go from singing to myself to humming the melody of the song as I sit down at the counter where Chase is. I over hear Chase apologizing for something to Gert and how he was a total douche today...

Shocker.

Alex goes to get Gert a coaster for her drink when a secret door opens on the wall. I still scrolling through Instagram but when I saw everyone turning around I got up and took out my ear buds.

"What the hell.." I say as I get up walking toward the secret passage that opened up behind a case of bookshelves.

"What just happened" Chase said as he stood there standing at the door. "You mean other than a secret passageway opening?" Alex stated just as shocked as the rest of us.

"Where does it go? Nico said looking back at everyone else while I was looking down the doorway to find out if I could see anything.

"Bomb shelter?" Gert stated hoping this wasn't something you would see out of some sci-fi movie.

"No, a kick-ass wine cellar, definitely." Chase states walking towards the entrance. Karolina then began talking about what these things could be in religion aspects but I wasn't really paying it any attention.

"There's only one way to find out." Molly said.

We all hesitantly made our way down the stairs to wherever this leads to. I was in front of everyone by a few feet, with my eyes wandering around whatever this place is.

The hallway was dark, with it's only light source being a few yellow lit torches every couple of feet. The hallway went on for a bit until there was an opening. It was a balcony. I lean over the railing and freeze in shock.

"Um guys... you may wanna see this." I say with a concerning tone.

I look down, I see all of the members of PRIDE in red robes surrounding some black oval shaped pod

"What... is... happening?" Alex states as everyone else looks over the balcony just as shocked as I am.

"I dont think they can hear us" Gert states as we all look to see that they are preforming some form of ritual. Alex pokes the air in front of us to see that their is some sort of force field type of barrier surrounding our parents.

"What kind of charity meeting is this?" Chase states with a look of disgust on his face. We then see a girl in a white robe enter the room with Karolina's mom. I look over at Karolina and a wave a terror washes all over her face.

"Wait guys that's my mom!" Karolina states now more invested into what is happening in front of us.

"Who is she with?" Molly states in confusion. "I know that girl!" Karolina exclaims as our parents are giving the stranger a drink in some sort of chalice. As the girl finishes the drink, the begin to take the robe off of her with her having no clothes on underneath.

"Okay, the creep factor just went up to, like, eleven" Gert states as she gets visibly grossed out but continues to watch to see what happens next. Gert then pushes Molly behind her as they continue to watch. Nico's mom then raises a staff opening the pod that has white light illuminating from it. Alex's dad picks up the naked girl and carries her to the empty pod and places her inside. I look over at everyone else who, including myself, are filled with fear. We continue to watch as the bright white light begins to blind us all, blocking it with our hands so we can still see what is going to happen. The pod then begins to close with the naked girl still inside.

"What just happened?" Nico states in complete shock of what just happened. "Gert I wanna see too." Molly says as she whips out her phone camera with the flash on attempting to get a picture of what is happening. Molly clicks the button as we are trying to stop her, but it's too late, the flash goes off. We immediately start to sprint back to the staircase from where we just were on the balcony, unsure if they saw the flash or not, trying to all process what we just witnessed.

AN: Hey guys! This is my first story so sorry if it kind of sucks lol. I just wanna state that I do not own any of the Marvel Runaways characters or storylines. The only thing that I own is my character Oaklyn Smith and her own storyline. Well anyways ill probably update eventually but for now thanks for reading and ill see you guys next time<3

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

88.4K 2.6K 49
Harper Wilson, 15-year-old, having discovered her best friend, Leo Dooley's inventor stepdad has three bionic, super-powered teens living cloistered...
Vengeance ✓ × ALLISON ×

Любовные романы

1.4K 125 37
Scarlet wasn't supposed to be a runaway. She wasn't the kind to pack up her belongings and just leave. Or at least that's what the town she had grow...
12.8K 687 42
┍━━━━━━┑ ⠀⠀𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 ┕━━━━━━┙ ❝ 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬 ⠀𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐜�...
249 5 26
Hanker Sore adj. finding a person so attractive it actually kinda pisses you off. What happens when you just run away? Lucia has never had it easy to...