~3~

*POV: Oaklyn*

I got up the next day still in shock from last night. I went to take a shower to take my mind off of everything and got ready to meet up with everyone.(See outfit above)I put on some black ripped jeans, a plain white crop top, a black zip up over, and i put on my vans. I threw m curly dirty blond hair into a ponytail. I got my stuff together to head to the beach. As I was walking to where we were meeting, I kept on thinking how this was even happening. I mean just yesterday morning I was talking to my parents thinking they were the chillest people in the world with average lives, now every time i look at them i see red robes and a human pod.

I arrived at the top of the beach and looked around for the others as I stood awkwardly by myself. I soon saw Alex and started to make my way down to where he was. I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Chase.

"Yo Oaklyn, wait up!" Chase said rushing down to catch up with me.

"Hey Chase" I said trying not to be too awkward. I mean I talked to him for the first time in two years yesterday and before that I thought that he was an absolute jerk, charming, but still a jerk.

As we walked to where Alex was in silence, I began to see everyone else emerge from little groups of people, soon, we were all there except for Karolina.

"Let's get this over with." Nico stated really not wanting to be here.

"It's six out of seven. We do have a quorum." Alex said wanting to start this as much as the rest of us. "No, We should wait for Karolina." Chase said.

"Maybe she's running late." I said trying to be the voice of reason. After I said that Karolina comes running up.

"Hey, guys, sorry! You have to see this." Karolina said as she was running up to the table we were at.  We all leaned in to see what was on Karolina's phone.

"Holy shit" Alex says "What is that?" Nico adds on, I look down at the phone drowning everyone's voices out to see a picture of the girl Destiny we saw yesterday in London. I stare at it confused and i snap back into reality when Chase says,

"Means I could have slept in." I roll my eyes at him . I walk over to sit down at the table staring off into the distance.

"See? Destiny is fine. We don't have to worry." Karolina says. "Uh, photoshopped much. This picture could be a total fake." Nico says crushing Karolina's hopes. "I know you want to believe, but this isn't proof to me." Nico told her. I zoned out of Nico and Karolina's little argument while i was thinking back at that picture. I honestly could be photoshopped, but what if its not. What if we are all freaking out for nothing. At this point I don't know what is real or fake anymore.

"Look, guys, there is an easy way to get to the bottom of this. Alright? We do some P.I. work and let cooler heads prevail." Alex said snapping me back into reality. "Hopefully, in a couple of hours we know that out parents are just weird and not killers."

"You had me at P.I."Gert said with a smile, but i couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not. "I could check in with the youth group at my church, make sure Destiny's really on this trip." Karolina says. "Not that I think we need to." Karolina starts as she is interrupted by Chase, "Cool, Ill go with her." getting up from is spot on top of the table.

Before Chase gets anywhere with his plan Alex stops him. "I'm all for the buddy system, but I think we need to prioritize." Alex says stopping Chase in his path. "Yikes." I say looking over at Gret exchanging smiles as I get up to join the group.

"I mean, you said it yourself, your dad's new Leapfrog has a mega sized trunk. I'm thinking he put that glowing box in back and took it home with him." Alex says. Honestly, if we didn't have Alex in the group, we would be so lost.