~6~

*POV: Oaklyn*

I stared at my newly owned sword in awe. I has happy it had finally arrived because now, I can use this to protect myself. I slid the newly purchased item out of its casing and looked at the blade, feeling along the edges of it. I practiced some moves I learned from class with it and it worked better than I thought it would. I slid the sword back into its case and walked it over to my closet, handing it behind my clothes by its strap. I changed into some plaid pajama pants and a black tank top and slid under my covers, falling asleep as my head hit the pillow.

*Time Skip*

I woke up the next morning, rubbing my eyes as I made my way downstairs. I went to the kitchen and got some cereal, sitting down at the table as I ate. My parents walked in talking about PRIDE. I smiled and said good morning to them like I always do.

"So, Oaklyn, are you ready for the PRIDE Gala tonight?" My mother said making me spit out the orange juice I was drinking. I had completely forgotten about that. I mean I had an outfit prepared but I thought it was next week or something, not today.

"Yeah I guess." I responded as I cleaned myself up with a napkin.After I finished eating, I put my dishes into the sink, and made my way up the stairs.

After I made it to my room, I locked my door and headed towards my closet. I slid open the door and reached towards the back to grad my new weapon. I practiced some combo moves before talking to anyone about the gala. I practiced some basic strikes, spin moves, and blocks to get myself used to it. I was debating on bringing it to the party tonight just in case. I then decided I wasn't going to bring it because it would look really suspicious.

I got a text message to meet at Timely Coffee, so I changed into a basic outfit of leggings, a navy blue pull over, and some white vans, I wore my hair in a high ponytail with two strands hanging lose on the sides of my face. I grabbed my backpack that contained stuff like my phone and keys, got in my car, and made my way to the coffee shop.

When I arrived at the coffee shop, only Gert, Molly, and Chase were there. I got my drink and made my way to where they were sitting. I sat down next to Chase as we all started to talk about random stuff before everyone else arrived. Slowly, every started to arrive until we were all seated in a circle. After a few moments, Gert spoke up," So, what's the plan Alex?" she stated. "Yeah, Alex?" Molly added on with a smile that never seems to fade.

"Why does everyone assume Alex has a plan? Someone else might have a plan." Chase said sounding frustrated. "Great, let's hear it." Alex said turning his head towards him. "I just meant hypothetically." Chase said looking down at the table. I chuckled. "Guys, all I meant is are we carpooling or going separately, and how dressed up is everyone gonna get?" Gert said. I could tell she didn't wanna go all out. "Oh, uh, suit, no tie." Chase said. "Oh, so that you have a plan for." Alex said not looking surprised. We then made talked about if we were going to all arrive together or not. We decided we were all gonna take one limo to get there and then we recapped the plan, we were going to expose the video that we found in the basement to everyone there, after that, there is no going back.

I made my way home and started to get ready. I invited Gert and Molly to get ready at my place and they agreed. I got out everything that I would need. My dress, shoes, some makeup, and my hair tools. As soon as I got everything set up, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Who is it?" I questioned, running to throw my sword into my closet in case it happened to be my parents. "It's Gert and Molly!" I heard on the other side of the door. I let out a sigh of relief and let them in. I gave them both hugs as they placed their dresses on my bed.

"Before we get ready, I wanna show you guys what I just got." I said, running to my closet. I pulled the blade from my closet and showed them. Their mouths dropped, not expecting me to own something like this. As I slid it out of the case,I said,"I just got it in case I need to protect myself since I don't have any fancy powers like you guys." I said with a laugh. They stepped back as I showed them some basic moves. They were impressed that I knew how to use it, probably forgetting I took classes. I then placed the sword in its casing one again and rested it against my wall. We started to get ready(see outfit above), we put on our dresses one by one and they both looked great in their outfits. I love my dress even though I rarely wear fancy stuff, It was a nice periwinkle color and I wore it with some sliver heals.