~16~

*POV: Oaklyn*

I woke up the next morning, changed into (see outfit above) an old black sweater, some black leggings, vans, and my signature beanie. I made my way downstairs after Alex had yelled for a meeting. We sat in the foyer as Alex started to explain what was happening.

"You've gotta be kidding me. He's saying the Death Star is buried underground?" Chase exclaimed

"The Death Star is an orbital battle station, but I'll give you credit for trying. Yeah. That's exactly what he's saying." Alex said to him.

"Spaceship in Compton. That's kinda boss." Molly said with a smile.

"No, this can't be real. This has gotta be
another of our parents' tricks." Chase reassured.

"His dad is telling the truth. There is a ship down there." Nico said, emotionless.

"How do you know?" I asked.

Karolina spoke up.

"She doesn't. I do. I've seen it." 

"How?" Gert questioned.

"I've... been down there...with Jonah." She said as she stood from the couch.

"You better talk fast, because I'm about to get really pissed." Molly exclaimed.

"He's my father."

"I guess I saw that coming." Molly said, relieved in a way.

"The family that glows together, grows together, right?" Gert joked.

"And we thought our parents were the messed-up ones." Chase muttered.

"He's been teaching me. Explaining everything." Karolina explained.

"Including the part where we all die in a catastrophic earthquake?"

"That's not going to happen." Karolina said. "Molly's parents didn't understand how his ship worked. Their calculations were based on our technology, not his."

"Are you saying that my parents were stupid? And that they died for nothing?" Molly fumed.

"No, not at all, Molly. I'm just saying that there are things about him they couldn't have known." Karolina explained.

"And you trust him?" Alex asked.

"Yes."

"No."

"Maybe. He let us escape from the church that day, and he showed me things that are wonderful. And now he just wants to leave. That's all he's ever wanted." The blond reasoned.

"Wait. He's leaving?" I asked.

"How can you be so sure he plans on not taking you with him?" Nico added.

"He hasn't asked me to go, so..."

"Just think about it. Is there a possibility that he takes you onto that ship and then leaves the rest of us behind to die?" Chase honestly asked her.

"He wouldn't do that."

"I'm gonna go with 'I'm pretty sure he would." Molly spoke.

"I would know. We're connected in this weird way on a deeper level." Karolina sassed.

"And that's why you're staying behind today." Alex told the tall blond.

"Of course, you would say that. I mean, leaving Karolina behind is kind of your thing." Chase mentioned.

"No. No, Alex is right." Nico agreed.

"What?" Karolina questioned.

"You betrayed us. All of us."