~9~

*POV: Oaklyn*

We all stood there, facing our parents with our weapons raised ready for anything. Karolina stood there glowing, Molly's eyes still yellow, Chase's Fistigons charging up, and me holding my blade. The parents stood there in disbelief.

"Looks like all your kids have something extra." Catharine said, not removing her eyes from us seven.

"Not Gert, alright? She's just a regular kid." Dale said the the rest of the adults. Just as he said that, we heard a loud roar, making all of the parents turn around. We saw Gert's dinosaur running towards us.

"Disobeyed me." Gert told the dinosaur. "Good call."

"That could of only come from one place." Tina said turning towards the Yorkes.

Stacey started walking towards Tina. "I've been meaning to bring you all up to speed on that."

"I got this." Dale said as he raised a tranquillizer gun, pulling the trigger and shooting the creature in the neck with it.

"NO!" Gert screamed, running to her dinosaur's side.

"Fine, if that's how they wanna play, let's bring it." Chase said to us, stepping forward and firing at the group of parents.

Tina held up the staff, creating a force field around themselves, absorbing the blast of orange energy into nothing. Karolina stepped forwards, shooting rainbow light at all of them, making them cover their eyes. Her mom called out to her but she just ignored her. Molly ran over to a side of the construction site, picking up a barrel ready for it to be thrown, but before she could, she got blasted by a white light. We all turned around to see Frank Dean and an unfamiliar man. The parents all moved out of the way as the stranger walked towards us, Frank trailing behind him.

"Chase, run!" Janet screamed to her son.

"Jonah, dont." Tina told him. "Let's try to reason with them."

Jonah's chest started to glow as Tina held out the staff in front of him. He shot it out of Tina's hand, making it unreachable.

"I swear, Jonah, if you hurt my son-" I head Geoffrey saying before his wife, Catharine, stopped him from saying something he may regret. Leslie turned to Jonah, saying something to him. He looked at her before returning his focus back to us, his chest and hands started to glow again as he reached out towards us. He shot a white beam of light at us, sending us all flying backwards. We all struggled to return to our feet as our parents watched in horror. We all got up slowly, making our way closer to Jonah than we were before, with Molly and Gert rejoining us showing how we aren't gonna go down without a fight. Jonah took a few steps forward, laying his eyes on Karolina.

"You guys have to go. He came for me." She told us. We all looked at her like she was insane.

"What?" Alex told her

"Are you crazy?" I said.

"Were not leaving you." Nico told her.

"I'll hold him off, and I'll meet you outside, okay?" she reassured us "It's the only way."

"Don't do this, please, I'm begging you!" Nico exclaimed with tears forming in her eyes. I placed my sword back into it's casing as our parents were still screaming at us. "You can't do this alone." Nico told her.

"Go!" She told us, we all started to run except for Nico, still trying to talk Karolina out of it. They exchanged a few last words before Nico ran away from Jonah with the rest of us, obviously not happy about leaving Karolina behind. As we ran, I could hear power surging up behind us, I picked up the end of my dress so I wouldn't trip. We all started to pant as we ran behind a metal fence.