~13~

*POV: Oaklyn*

Alex took a few steps forward so that he was in front of everyone else.

"Not another step." Alex told the man named Topher, trying to sound intimidating. The man just chuckled

"I got you people tilted, huh? Don't worry, amigos. I'm not gonna hurt you."

Molly and Topher began to converse back and forth switching between english and spanish before Chase intervened.

"Did you follow her home? 'Cause I'll kick your ass right now." Chase said talking a few more steps towards the man, causing him to back up a bit.

"Not quite fast enough, lindo.

"Let's ask some questions first." Alex told him.

"Ah, the leader, eh?" Topher questioned "I'd shake your hand, but doesn't look like we're there yet."

"Who are you?" I said taking a few steps foward, quickly scanning the man as I stood a step behind Chase.

"He's an undercover cop." Gert spitted out, not moving from where she stood.

"He's gonna bust us and send us back to our parents who'll murder us or he's just a cold blooded killer and he's gonna murder us right here." She continued with, still rambling.

"Or he's a blackmailer and he's gonna demand money which we don't have- we will end up murdered." She finished with, taking a minute to breathe.

"Everyone take a deep breath, okay? If you saw a little girl pick up a car, you'd check it out, too." He said as she wandered his way towards the bottom of the stairs "Muñeca is a hero, for real." We all turned to look at Molly for some sort of explanation.

She sighed.

"This guy on the street was messing with this lady, and I tried to talk him out of it.. with my fists. She said as some of the others looked towards the ground.

"I had to protect her." She said to us.

"You didn't think to mention this to anyone?" Gert scolded.

"I'm mentioning it now."

"When I heard them talk about the girl with the yellow eyes, I had to check it out." Topher admitted as he kept wandering around the room. "Did u think it would lead me to a mansión arruinada? "

"He means 'ruined mansion" She translated with a small smile "It's so poetic."

"But now that I'm here, give me the name of your decorator, 'cause this place is dope as shit!" Topher exclaimed, stunned by the house that stood before him.

"Cone of Silence." Nico stated, holding the glowing Staff in front of her.

Soon, a clear but muffled cone swirled around him, incasing him with the sound of silence.

"He can't hear us now." Nico said as she turned back towards the rest of us.
"What do we do with him. Discuss."

"Let's get rid of him." Chase suggested.

"I'm with Chase." Alex responded with.

"Isn't he just like us?" I empathized. "So what we find safety then we just abandon everyone else?"

"We are Brentwood people." Gert muttered

"That's wrong. Let him stay." Molly exclaimed. "The cops aren't even looking for us anymore."

"Who knows if we can trust this kid?" Nico interrupted with.

We all turned looking at Topher, we stood there tapping on the barrier around him.