Beautiful Mistake

By AngieAngC

Book 3 in the 'Beautiful' trilogy. Elena De Luca, the 26-year-old Mafia Princess. The daughter of the notori... More

Main Character List & Trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Setup
Chapter 2 - Blood
Chapter 3 - Breaking Away
Chapter 4 - Taken
Chapter 5 - Desire
Chapter 6 - Playing With Fire
Chapter 7 - Struggles
Chapter 9 - Confidence
Chapter 10 - Body Say
Chapter 11 - What Afterglow?
Chapter 12 - Night Terrors
Chapter 13 - Dinner
Chapter 14 - New Indulgence (Part 1)
Chapter 15 - New Indulgence (Part 2)
Chapter 16 - Her Smile, Her Laugh
Chapter 17 - Our Demons (Part 1)
Chapter 18 - Our Demons (Part 2)
Chapter 19 - Our Demons (Part 3)
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - Display
Chapter 22 - Eleventh Floor
Chapter 23 - Heal
Chapter 24 - Deep
Chapter 25 - Bounded Touch
Chapter 26 - Bold
Chapter 27 - Roses
Chapter 28 - Martina Di Mauro
Chapter 29 - You Have Me
Chapter 30 - Bachelorette
Chapter 31 - You Are Mine
Chapter 32 - Fun & Games
Chapter 33 - All The Truth
Chapter 34 - Discoveries
Chapter 35 - Showdowns
Chapter 36 - Rescue
Chapter 37 - Say Something
Chapter 38 - Fixing Mistakes
Chapter 39 - A New Elena
Chapter 40 - Return
Chapter 41 - Funeral
Chapter 42 - Gush of Emotions
Chapter 43 - Decisions
Chapter 44 -True Identity
Chapter 45 - He's Gone
Chapter 46 - Hope
Chapter 47 - My Home
Chapter 48 - Past Token
Chapter 49 - Heirlooms

Chapter 8 - Decisions

9K 345 66
By AngieAngC

Elena's POV

I sat there with the phone still next to my ear as I made my final decision, a decision I know has consequences.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll message him, Dad. Don't worry. Alright, I love you too. Bye." I spoke into a silent phone.

I then brought it away from my ear before glancing up to meet Angelo's gaze.

"I just need to text my brother to calm him down too." I lied. His eyes, at first, narrowed on me before signaling for me to continue.

I tilted the phone slightly, away from his view but discreetly enough to not raise any suspicions. I went into the phone's settings, scrolled all the way down to the last option. Once I entered the file, the option I was in search of appeared on the screen. Factory data reset. Everything on this phone will be wiped... Erased...

My eyes made a quick movement upwards, looking at him as he pushed himself off of the wall. It's now or never, Elena. I clicked the option and watched as the phone began wiping all the information. Within seconds, the chosen option had been carried out but Angelo was now in front of me. I glanced up and saw his eyes scan over my phone's screen. His jaw tensed as his eyes went darker. He was about to explode on me and I knew my next move would surely cause more trouble, but I needed to make certain.

I shot up from my seating position, sidestepped him and pulled my arm back. I threw my phone, with all my available force, at the wall. I watched as it flew in the air, cracking the glass as it connected with the wall. The rest of the phone's body smashed away before it bounced off and landed on the floor. I swallowed the lump in my throat, nervous to turn around and meet the demon I had just elicited.

I turned around slowly, glancing up to his face. He stood there, mouth agape while staring at the wall. It took him a moment to process what I had just done. Soon after, I watched him shut his mouth, he gritted his teeth and his jaw clenched tightly. His hands balled into fists and his pupils dilated, that beautiful earthy color turning into contrasted darkness. His eyes covered over like a gathering of clouds ready to unleash its torrent wrath upon the world.

His eyes finally found mine, his lethal stare piercing me instantly. I could feel his disdained coldness from where I stood. I felt myself take a step back, but I never looked away. I never took my eyes off of him.

"Fucking unbelievable." He spoke through gritted teeth. He started taking steps towards me, my feet instinctively taking steps back.

"You just have to keep on acting like a bitch, don't you? You just keep on pushing and pushing. Tell me, Amore (love), what are you going to do when the monster you keep poking at snaps?"

I felt my back hit the wall, indicating to me that I had nowhere else to go. He was still a few steps away, making me too confident when I turned to move. He sped up and caught me, his arm around my waist. He pulled me back, using both his hands to shove my body in front of him.

He had me trapped against the wall, his body covering any space to escape. He leaned his fists on either side of my head, leaning in closer.

"I've had enough of your attitude! There is only one reason why you would do that! You don't want me to know who you are! Who the fuck are you!!?" He growled at me.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look into his pools of terror.

"Eva Vi-" I tried.

"BULLSHIT!!" He roared at me, causing my head to turn to the side and away from his scorching breathe on my face.

He pulled back his one fist, then slammed it hard into the wall, next to my head. My body flinched slightly as my eyes widened, staring at his fist that was now beginning to bleed down his knuckles from the impact.

"Look at me!!" He growled once more.

I shook my head in response, but this time he didn't plead with me, he didn't even give me another moment's chance. He simply grabbed my chin and yanked on it until my
face was in front of his. His eyes scanned my face as his hand let go of my chin and slid further down until it wrapped around my throat, pushing me against the wall.

He leaned in closer to me, his lips inches from brushing against mine.

"Last chance, who are you?"

Now, my brother smokes and my father smokes the occasional cigar. I never truly understood the addiction. I never truly comprehended it. But tonight, at this very moment, was one time I knew what it felt like to desperately want to place your lips upon something that is bad for your health.

I gathered every last bit of courage within me, gathered the true essence of who I truly am - the Don's fucking daughter. I glared into his eyes, penetrating him dreadfully.

"Fuck. You." I spoke each word on its own with every bit of emphasis, refusing to allow my fear to show.

I observed him as his eyes widened, my reaction to his inner demon not what he was expecting. I'm sure he is used to having every other person cowering down, bowing before him.

His eyes flashed differently this time, a form of something else appearing deep within them. A more of a need than a want. Leaning in further, his lips brushed my earlobe as he spoke.

"You are playing your little fucking games with the wrong person, Amore (love). I've entertained them until now. I've entertained them long enough. You're not going to like what you see." He seethed into my ear.

He then did something I never expected, a different approach to this situation. A different approach to me. His lips connected with the side of my neck for a few seconds before his teeth gripped the flesh and bit down onto it. I gasped in surprise, mixed with pleasurable pain. My mind was in a conflicted altercation as it needed to decide on whether to allow this and enjoy it like my body already was. Or end this right now, standing my ground against him.

It didn't take me long to choose as I took my hands and placed them open-palmed on his chest. I shoved him as hard as I could, causing him to stumble slightly. I then pulled back and punched him on the side of his jaw. He stumbled further back, leaving himself open while I shoved him once more. His face was filled with utter incredulity.

I watched him take a step back to gain his composure again, while I took a triumphant step forward. I went to shove him again but his anticipation halted my plans. Before my hands could land on him, he had my wrists gripped tightly within his hands. He pulled me into him before placing his one hand on my hip and using that as a support to turn me. He drew my back into him, holding both my wrists against my chest with one hand.

"I don't fucking hit women. I refuse to. But fucking hell, I have never met a woman like you! You are fearless, challenging me with that provocative attitude!" His voice was raspy as he spoke into my ear.

His grip tightened around me, pulling me further in, as his lips grazed my ear.

"You know, not even the most elite and dangerous men challenge me around this part of the world. They wouldn't dare. But here you are, fucking testing the fire while adding fuel to it! I should fucking kill you. I should want to fucking kill you, but instead, I find myself wanting you!"

My eyes widened at his tantalizing confession. My breathing hitched and I was ready to abandon it all. Abandon every piece of common-sense my body was throwing at me. I wanted to surrender and tell him to fucking take me. I nearly faltered. I was about to give up and give in just as the door swung open and his cousin stood at the entrance of the room. His eyes scanned the scene before him, glancing over the broken phone to the indented wall then falling onto us. He observed his cousin's hand followed by where he had his hands placed and then finally settling onto his face.

"Angelo!?" His voice was slightly shocked.

Angelo didn't move. All I could hear was his erratic breathing before he groaned and shoved me away from him, stalking out of the room and knocking Gio's shoulder on the way out.

"Are you ok?" Gio walked in, concern written all over his face.

"I'm fine, Gio. He didn't hurt me. He wasn't even trying to." I remarked with a small smile.

He nodded his head slowly before closing the door after exiting the room. I released a long breath as I sat on the edge of the bed. I let myself fall back, my feet still touching the ground. How much longer can I keep this game going? I pushed him too far today, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't fucking recklessly enjoy it. I shook my head, shaking the thoughts out of my mind. It didn't take me long to fall into that threatening slumber, my body exhausted from the past days.

Angelo's POV

I sat on the deck, downing another gulp of whiskey directly from the bottle. I slammed the bottle down on the table before lighting a cigar. I took one long pull of it, letting the cherry fruit and wooden flavors flow around my mouth, with a hint of the rich soils from where the tobacco was grown.

My hand went to press and soothe my jaw as I released the smoke into the night air. She landed one heck of a punch on me. It fucking startled me beyond anything. That just further reiterated to me that she is of this world.

The stunt she pulled on me now should have been her last breathe. If it were any other person, they would be laying in a pool of their own blood. But with her, everything is different. Everything changes. Because with her... My whole body reacts to her. My body fucking craves her as if it has already sampled her. It craves her as strongly as a fully blown addict would.

"Do you need some ice for that?"

I looked up to see Kat standing beside me with a bag of iced peas in her hand. I grabbed them from her and placed them against my jaw. She took a seat in the chair across from me, sitting back as she observed me.

"Gio told me what happened." She mentioned.

"Yeah, and?" I snapped back.

"Relax yourself. I'm making a conversation. You know I'm here because I want to know what the fuck is going on." She leaned forward, placing her arms across the table.

"I didn't know it was her, Kat. I don't know who she really is." I began.

"She told me her name was Eva," Kat remarked.

"Yeah, that's a lie and after tonight I am certain of it." I scoffed.

"Of course it's a lie. I noticed how she contemplated which name to use when I introduced myself to her. But, why is she here in the first place?"

"My father was gunned down in New York last month and I took over as Capo, as you know. I instructed Vinny to bring me my father's killer. He brought me her. He claims to have had a connection that confirmed she was the last one to see him alive. She was the one that killed him." I took another long swig from the whiskey bottle, chucking the frozen peas on the table.

"Angelo, you are letting your emotions cloud your judgment here. Being the last one to see your father alive and being his killer are two very different things. What proof do you have of either one of these possibilities?" Kat spoke calmly.

"None. I've tried interrogating her. I've tried gaining information from her but she fights me at every turn. She has this fucking feistiness about her and I don't know what more to do. She won't talk, she won't eat most of the time either, and I know she's lying." I run my hand frustratingly through my hair.

"Firstly, Angelo, I do not believe that girl killed your father. Or anyone for that matter and I am almost certain that deep down inside you feel the same way. Secondly, have you ever tried being nice to her? You could get a lot more from a person when you're not an asshole to them." She gave me a knowing look with a sweet grin.

"I have! I've fucking tried to talk to her nicely. I've tried feeding her, letting her out of that cell, placed her in a proper room with a proper bed, allowed you to take her out. But still, she is always ready to battle and challenge me each time." I sighed in annoyance.

"But you always lose your temper. You never give her time to adjust and trust your kindness because you give her whiplash as you retreat back into that cold-hearted prick." She remarked.

"Wow, Kat, please be honest, why don't you?" I sarcastically mentioned causing her to laugh.

"It's the truth and you know it! Let's take a different approach. Let her roam the house freely. Let her get clothes. She has nothing to wear and I had to give her some of my new clothes today." Kat sat back as Gio walked out onto the deck.

He handed Kat her usual glass of wine which she gladly accepted. He then sat down beside her, swinging her leg over his.

"You want me to let her leave the premises?" I looked at Kat dumbfounded.

"Yeah. I'll take her shopping and you can send as many guards as you want. Where is she going to go, Ang? We're on a freaking island that you practically control." She pointed out.

I nodded, gradually agreeing with her.

"Fine!" I raised my hands in defeat.

"My next question..." she trailed off, unhooking her leg from Gios and shifting to the edge of her seat.

"What are we going to do about the engagement party?" She had her brows raised as she questioned me.

"Fuck." It was all I could reply.

"It's being hosted here. So, what are you going to do? Lock her up for the night like some animal?" Kat's tone was heavy, disappointed with the possibility, with a hint of suggestion.

I glared at her, knowing full well what she wanted me to authorize.

"For fuck's sake! Fine! She can come to the party, but she is your responsibility. There will be other leaders here that I need to give my attention to." I warned her.

"Of course!" She jumped up excitedly, clapping her hands before downing the rest of her wine, then making her way back into the house with a swing of her step.

"Good luck, Cugino (cousin). That one is quite a handful." I stated to Gio.

"Yeah, maybe. But think about how that feisty energy is in between the sheets." He shot me a wink while leaning back into the couch.

"And this conversation ends right here!" I instructed, prompting a burst of laughter to escape him.

I sat back and enjoyed the rest of the night air around me. It was cool and the seas misty breeze would blow through it, carrying that salty smell with it. I don't know what tomorrow holds for me, but I had a feeling my whole world was going to be flipped upside down and the fear of not having any control over that made me anxious. I sat bopping my leg up and down while drinking the remnants of the whiskey bottle, a small headache beginning to form in the middle of my forehead. After some time, I bid adieu before heading to bed. The next week was going to be interesting, to say the least. And a part of me was apprehensively shaking in excitement for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 76.9K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...
93.1K 1.2K 16
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 Four years have passed since they last saw each other. And in these four years, a lot has happe...
776K 24.7K 53
Book 2 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Niccolo De Luca, now 26 years of age and next in line to take over as The Don of the notorious De Luca family Maf...
516K 13.3K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...