โœ“ | ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜† โช le...

ุจูˆุงุณุทุฉ ssourwolfs

โ– ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—ฌ. โ what a plot twist you were. โž ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ... ุงู„ู…ุฒูŠุฏ

๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—ฌ !
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ญ๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ข !
๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ๐—ง๐—ฃ๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—ง !
zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
fourty.
fourty-one.
fourty-two.
fourty-three.
fourty-four.
fourty-five.
fourty-six.
fourty-seven.
fourty-eight.
fourty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.
sixty-seven.
sixty-eight.
sixty-nine.
seventy.
seventy-one.
seventy-two.
seventy-three.
seventy-four.
seventy-five.
seventy-six.
seventy-seven.
seventy-nine.
eighty.
eighty-one.
eighty-two.
eighty-three.
eighty-four.
eighty-five.
eighty-six.
eighty-seven.
eighty-eight.
eighty-nine.
ninety.
nintey-one.

seventy-eight.

952 34 11
ุจูˆุงุณุทุฉ ssourwolfs

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

olxxviii. trying to save stein ( again )

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"HOLD HIM STEADY!" Cisco told the team, as Steins head was alight with a blue flame.

"Hes dropping out." Caitlin told them.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on." Cisco frantically spoke.

"Cisco we're losing him!" Caitlin and Chloe both yelled.

"Got it!" Cisco called stepping away from Stein, and going to the computer and tying things in, stabilizing Stein.

"Oh, Dios mio. Thank god." Cisco raised his hands to the air, sighing.

"He's getting worse." Barry spoke worried.

"Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Doctor Wells' original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. Best I could find was the one from his wheelchair." Cisco told the team, Chloe walking by Caitlin as she asked, "And how long will that last."

"Let's hope long enough." Chloe told her, a soft smile on her face.

"Well that's what the problem is, we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the Metas powers during our little rouge air trip with Weather Wizard and company. I think we got a few days tops." Cisco told the three.

"And he's stuck in bed?" Barry questioned.

"Obviously." Chloe let out a small scoff, before covering it with a cough, she totally wasn't mad about Barry locking her boyfriend up, no. Cisco sent a look to the redhead, before saying much calmer than her, "Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this, give him a power cane, get him moving."

"We gotta figure out a way to save him." Barry spoke.

"I think I might know how to do that." Caitlin told the team.

The three gave her confused looks, making her move over to the computers and click a few keys before walking back over to the three and explaining, "When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular processes that occurs in within his body. Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize." The screen showed the two figures go into one and zoom into little atoms.

"And that's where Ronnie came in." Cisco realized, pointing a finger in Caitlins direction.

"Yes, and now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein--" Caitlin was cut off by Barry.

"Those molecules don't have anything to bond to."

"And the longer he goes without merging, the more unstable he becomes." Caitlin continued.

"What now?" Chloe spoke up, arms crossed.

"Ugh. All right, so what do we do?" Cisco asked at the same time.

"We find another... Participant." Caitlin told the two.

"Okay, cool." Cisco clapped his hands together, "So, how do we do that?"

"Yeah, how the hell are we supposed to find another person Stein can bond with?" Chloe questioned after, raising an eyebrow.

"Are we just gonna make a Tinder app for potential Meta-humans?" Cisco sarcastically asked after, "'Cause I'm pretty sure merging with Stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest "swipe left" of all time." Chloe let out a small laugh at that.

"I mean, even if we could find someone willing, Stein can't just merge with whoever he wants." Barry spoke up.

"No, he can't, but I have done some research, and I found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him." Caitlin told him, walking over to a computer the rest slowly following after the woman. She clicked a key, "They both were affected by the dark matter, and they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation. And they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie."

Chloe looked at the two candidates, Jefferson Jackson and Henry Hewitt.

"All right." Barry nodded, before shrugging a bit, "I mean, this is more than an organ donation. We'll need more than tissue typing to see if their bodies are compatible."

"If I can isolate myself the genetic locus of the two candidates and cross reference it with the mutations in Professor Stein, I might be able to find a match and save his life." Caitlin told the team.

"What do you need to do that?" Barry questioned.

Blood samples, she needed blood samples. So Barry sped off and got said blood. He sped back into the cortex, giving the blood to Cisco and Caitlin, seeing as Chloe now sat in her desk chair. "All right, blood samples from both potential candidates." He told them.

"Damn, that was fast even for you." Cisco praised, as Chloe fiddled with her necklace lost in thought, but she was still listening to to conversation.

"I may have skipped the asking for permission part." Barry told them, making Chloe let out a small scoff, thinking, Barry seems to do that a lot.

"Let's see if we can't find a match." Caitlin said as she grabbed the other sample from Cisco.

THE NEXT DAY, Stein was now up and awake. "Well, I must admit, I never imagined the Sphinx's riddle about a man requiring three legs would ever apply to me, but if this device keeps me mobile, then I will gratefully oblige." Stein told the team, now with the cane Cisco had built.

"Hopefully, you won't need it for much longer." Caitlin put a hand on Steins shoulder before going over to the computer, "There was no agglutination in the blood samples, and cross referencing was negative for both, and it appears that the dark matter from the Particle Accelerator explosion mutated their genes in a very similar way it did to yours. I think there both potential matches." She turned to the monitors that displayed the two men.

"So, who do we go with?" Barry questioned.

"Well, my first choice is Henry Hewitt." She pointed to the man on the top monitor, "He graduated summa laude from Huston University with a double major in Applied Physics and Bioengineering."

"A Hudson boy, I like him already." Stein added in.

"What about the kid?" Chloe asked from where she stood as Barry questioned, "Now, what about it his other guy, Jefferson Jackson? High school quarter back, 4.0 student. He's got the physical attributes." He paused, before turning back to the monitor, "And it looks like more of his alleles match that Hewitts. Doesn't that mean he's more compatible?" Barry asked Caitlin.

"She's just biased 'cause Hewitts got a degree in Bioengineering." Chloe spoke up, shrugging, as Caitlin turned back and sent her a slight glare before turning back to Barry, "On paper, perhaps, but Hewitt is a scientist. Clearly he's trying to make something of his life. I think he'd be open to something like this."

"Damn, thats rude. You haven't even met either one of them and you're already deciding that Hewitts a "better" option because he's a scientist?" Chloe questioned, quite coldly, her arms crossed again. Her whole team turned to her, confused at her cold attitude, but Barry broke the silence, "I think we should meet with both of them before we make a decision."

"That's an excellent idea." Stein nodded in agreement.

"I'll see if I can get Hewitt here." Caitlin told them.

"All right, in the meantime, we'll meet with Jefferson Jackson." Barry motioned to Stein and Chloe.

"And I will try to find something else to help keep you stable." Cisco told Stein.

CHLOE CRINCKLED UP her nose in amusement as she walked into the mechanic shop, Jefferson Jackson worked at with Barry and Stein, stuffing her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Anything you want. Anything you need." Blasted through speakers.

"Are you two sure this is the tight place?" Stein asked the two Allen's.

"Yeah. Jefferson's a mechanic." Barry told him, ringing the bell. Chloe laughed, the amused smirk still on her lips, "That's not gonna work." Barry just gave her a look.

"Could indicate a strong technical aptitude. That's a positive." Stein spoke up, looking around.

"Oh, prone to allergies. That's definitely a negative." Stein added, "Not to mention his taste in music."

Chloe sent a slight glare in the older mans direction, before a clank of metal was heard and a voice spoke up, "Would you prefer Celine Dion instead? I got the "Titanic" soundtrack in back there."

Chloe chuckled from beside Stein, "Nice one, kid."

"No, thank you." Stein told him.

Barry quickly walked over, sticking a hand out for a shake, "Jefferson Jackson, right?"

Jefferson shook his hand, "People call me Jax."

"Ooh, catchy." Stein told him, making Chloe grin, "Nice to meet you."

Jax nodded in her direction, as Barry grabbed his notebook speaking up, "My names Barry Allen, and this is Martin Stein and Chloe. We're with the Department of Safety. It's a small, newly formed agency."

"Very new, we probably don't even have a website, do we?" Stein questioned to Barry, going on with the lie. Chloe had a tiny smirk on her face, they weren't that good at lying.

"You need to see our licenses?" Jax questioned, believing the lie, "I mean were all up to code here."

"No, no, nothing like that." Barry told him, "Uhm, we are compiling data on people who were affected by the Particle Accelerator explosion two years ago."

Jax sighed, "Look, man, I lost enough time in my life 'cause was that stupid thing going wrong." He turned to Stein, "Now, you don't get a car I can fix, I can't help you."

"If- If you would consider coming back to STAR Labs with us, I believe we can help you." Stein told him.

"Help me how?" Jax questioned.

"Well, we already know what the Particle Accelerator did to you-" Barry was cut off.

"Look, I already told you, I don't talk about that night." Jax told them.

"Why is that?" Stein demanded softly.

"If he doesn't wanna tell you, don't make him." Chloe glared at Stein, before sending a small smile to Jax, who gave a nod of appreciation in return.

"Because that's when everything changed. I got hit hard. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. Busted up leg, torn ACL. The look on my moms face, I knew any dreams I had of playing pro ball were over." Jax told them anyways.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Barry told him.

Jax looked down, "Yeah, well..." He trailed off, "Look, I gotta get back to work." He made his way over to the tray, grabbing something.

"Yeah, um... Here, it's just... It's our number." Barry set down the piece of paper, "Just think about it, okay?"

Jax just shook his head a bit, going back to working on the car. With that the three made their way out of the shop, Chloe looking back to see Jax had picked up the paper, making her turn back a small smile on her face. Hopefully he'd pull through and would take up their offer, for Steins sake.

"CAITLIN, WHAT'S GOING on?" Barry questioned walking into the cortex. Stein and Chloe looked around as well, Henry Hewitt stood by the woman.

"What the hell?" Chloe demanded, looking over to the man.

"Hi, I'm glad you're back. This is Dr. Henry Hewitt. This is Barry and Chloe Allen and Professor Martin Stein." Caitlin introduced.

"You didn't think to tell us before you brought him here? And you didn't put Flash's suit away?" Chloe questioned harshly, glaring. Caitlin just shot her a look, warning Chloe to be quiet.

Chloe huffed, crossing her arms and stayed silent, she didn't want to deal with this right now, already stressed out about her boyfriend being in prison.

"The illustrious Martin Stein." Hewitt shook the mans hand, totally ignoring Barry's outstretched hand.

"I've read all you papers back at Hudson, especially on transmutation. Fascinating." Hewitt told man, "You're a legend."

"Oh, please. I think you're overestimating my contribution to the field. I appreciate your enthusiasm." Stein told him, as Chloe walked over to them as Stein and Hewitt conversed.

"Isn't he great?" Caitlin asked, excited.

"He's got an ego the size of Texas, but, yeah, he's all right." Cisco told them.

"So where's Jefferson Jackson?" Caitlin asked.

"We just need more time." Barry told them only to be cut off by Chloe, "You didn't tell him everything right?" The redhead was ignored as Cisco told them, "We don't have more time. I couldn't find another power source for the cane and that things running out."

"Okay, then let's do the merge. Hewitts in." Caitlin spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Barry questioned, "You told him the details of the Firestorm Matrix?"

"Absolutely, becoming Firestorm is a huge life change. He needs to know what he's getting himself into."

"What if it doesn't work?" Chloe hissed quietly, aware of Hewitt behind her. She wasn't answered for Steins voice piped in, "If I remember correctly, vector, variance, hypotenuse-"

"Proton, neuron, go H.U!" Hewitt finished, him and Stein high-fiving.

"Aw, look at that, that's so cute. We'll have two Professor Steins if this works." Cisco grinned, shrugging. Chloe sighed as Caitlin said, no doubt in her voice, "It's gonna work."

"Yeah." Cisco squeaked.

Barry nodded, "Okay."

Chloe huffed, crossing her arms, apparently her input didn't seem to be needed. She closed her eyes for a few seconds sighing, but then again, when did they - beside maybe Cisco - ever really take her input seriously?

CISCO HELD THE splicer, now in front of Hewitt, explaining the process, "When I put this splicer on your chest you're gonna feel a rush. That's a molecular primer being released into your body. Then you can make physical contact with Professor Stein, and..." Cisco made a whoosh sound, "Firestorm Matrix will take over."

"Easy enough." Hewitt tilted his head a bit.

"Ready?" Caitlin asked Stein.

"No time like the present. Thank you, my dear." Stein told the woman, as she took his cane.

"Okay." Cisco let out a small sigh, before placing the splicer on Hewitts chest.

Hewitt chuckled. Then Stein and Hewitt connected hands, them doing the same as Ronnie and Stein when they used to merge. But then it stopped, and they didn't merge.

Chloe eyes narrowed in confusion, yes, she had her doubts but now she was confused as to why it didn't work.

Caitlins grin fell, as Stein said, "Try again." Chloe had a feeling it wasn't going to work. With that though the connected hands again, but nothing happened.

"This is unexpected." Stein let out, shocked.

Hewitts face had fallen completely, he turned to the team, "Something's supposed to be happening, right?" There was a pause as the four all looked at each other. "Why isn't it working?" He all but yelled.

"I don't know." Caitlin softly let out, eyes wide.

"Uh, well, looks like you two aren't compatible after all." Cisco started, grabbing the splicer, "I'm just gonna..." Caitlin gave Stein his cane back.

"So all this was for nothing?" Hewitt questioned, disappointed and hurt.

"Believe me, no one is more disappointed than I am." Stein tried to reassure.

"Yeah, don't be so sure about that." Hewitt retorted.

"You don't have to be such an asshole, dude." Chloe spoke up, earning a glare, to which she returned.

"Next time, try to get your act together before you get someone's hopes up." With that Hewitt grabbed his coat and stormed out, Chloe scoffing as he left.

THE NEXT DAY, Chloe stood by Cisco, her arms crossed and a sour look on her face, she was going to go visit her boyfriend finally. But she had been called into work.

"I'm really glad you decided to come." Barry told Jax, him having showed up to STAR Labs.

"I thought STAR Labs had to shut down." Jax spoke walking around.

"It's under new management." Barry told him.

"Huh." He let out, "Whoa, what kind of treadmill is that?" Jax questioned, looking into the room where Barry's treadmill sat.

"Cosmic." Cisco told him.

Jax laughed softly, "Cool." He walked into the cortex, "So, let's get started. You got some "Billion Dollar Man" technology that gonna fix my knee?"

"Not quite." Chloe snapped at him, a glare on her face, before it slowly softened, telling him softer, dragging a hand through her hair, "Sorry, I'm having a really bad day, kid." He just gave a confused look.

"Actually, Jax, this isn't about fixing you knee." Barry told him, less vague and snappy than Chloe.

"What are you talking about?"

"When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the energy wave that collided with you is known as "dark matter."" Stein told him.

"And, it didn't just hurt your knee." Caitlin went on.

"It- It changed the molecular structure of your body." Martin told him, only to be cut off.

"Whoa, hold on, Grey. So you're saying I'm like one of those Meta-humans I keep hearing about on the news?" Jax questioned.

"Yes, I am. Please, call me Professor." Stein corrected him.

"We think you have potential capabilities." Barry added in.

"What kind of capabilities?" Jax questioned, crossing his arms, eyes narrowing.

"The same as Professor Stein, the ability for your body to process fission and fusion." Caitlin said, smiling.

"And you can harness excess energy and turn it into these massive nuclear blasts." Cisco told him excited. "You can also fly." Chloe added in, stuffing her hands into Leonard's jacket pockets.

"So you're saying you can do all this?" Jack asked Stein, grinning in disbelief.

"Only during times of convergence with a willing partner." Stein explained.

"Convergence? You and me?" Jax chuckled with a scoff softly.

"Yes." Stein nodded. There was a silence before Jax laughed, "No, this is crazy." He started to walk away, flailing his arms a bit.

"No, Jax, this is your chance to right the wrong that was done to you." Barry told him.

"Yeah, sorry, you got the wrong guy. I don't want nothing to do with this." Jax went to walk away.

"Wait a second!" Caitlin exclaimed, "We are giving you the chance to be a superhero, and you're gonna say no that quickly?"

"Damn." Chloe laughed, "You guys are on something else. Not everyone wants to be heroes."

"Yeah, we know. Just look at who you're dating." Cisco spoke up, sarcastically.

Chloe glared, "Don't disrespect Lenny like that!"

"He's literally kidnapped me, Caitlin and you!" Cisco retorted, keeping the banter going. It was always fun to annoy his best friend.

Chloe scoffed, though there was a small smile on her face, "It was better than when Thawne kidnapped me!"

"Oh, Come o-" Cisco started only to be cut off by Barry, "Guys! Shut up!"

The two turned realizing the team and Jax were staring at the two bickering. Really it was always in good fun. That's just how they're friendship worked.

"Who the hell are you dating?" Jax questioned.

"Leonard Snart." Chloe deadpanned.

"The thief?" Jax asked the redhead. Chloe nodded, humming, a smile on her face.

Jax shook his head, turning back to Caitlin, "Yeah, as she said-" He pointed to Chloe, "Not my kind of thing."

"If the man isn't willing to participate-" Stein was cut off by Caitlin.

"Look, I saw your test scores, Jax. Your grades were good enough to get into college, but you didn't go. Why?" She demanded, "Is this the type of guy you are? One setback and you fold? Well, then maybe you're not the guy for us anyway."

"Well maybe I'm not." Jax agreed.

"What did you think he was gonna do? Give in to your reverse psychology?" Chloe questioned, a laugh escaping her lips. The woman was just ignored.

"Jack-" Barry was cut off by Jax storming away.

"Maybe, this just wasn't meant to be." Stein sadly spoke, walking away.

"Cait, come on, I mean, Jax could be our last chance at saving Professor Stein." Barry softly spoke.

"He said no to being a superhero. Who does that?" Caitlin demanded, earning a scoff from a certain redhead as she went on, "I mean, you didn't say no when you had the chance. Cisco, would you?" Caitlin dragged Cisco into the conversation. Chloe looked over to him, knowing that he was most likely a Meta, and Caitlins question could set him off a bit.

"Chance to have superpowers? Sign me up." Cisco said nervously, putting a strand of hair behind his ear. Chloe frowned softly. She knew that was something Cisco never wanted. He just wanted to help people.

Caitlin nodded, turning back to Barry as he said, "Look, were asking Jax to change his entire life, to sacrifice what he does have. I mean, that's not a decision that can be mare lightly. It took me a long time to figure out this whole hero thing."

"Exactly, which is why we need someone who wants to do this." Caitlin told him, walking away.

"Where are you going?" Both Barry and Chloe demanded.

"To get Hewitt back. We have to try again." With that she stormed away.

Chloe groaned, "Ugh- It's not gonna work? It didn't work last time, did it?" Chloe asked the two in the room, them just shaking their heads. Chloe groaned once more, plopping down in her seat. What a great way to start her day.

"WHAT'S BEING DESCRIBED as a "spontaneous energy malfunction" erupted last night at Eikmeier Technologies. Wanting for questioning is scientist Henry Hewitt." The news reporter spoke, before Caitlin shut off the TV.

"Hewitts dormant abilities must have been triggered when we attempted the merger." Caitlin told the team.

"This could be catastrophic." Stein spoke only to be cut off by Chloe, who was sitting in a seat beside Cisco, "Yeah, no shit, Stein." He gave her a look before going on, worried, "If his powers are anything like mine, he requires a grounding mechanism to stabilize his volatility. Otherwise-"

"Yeah, he's gonna pop his top, and he's got a long history of violence, according to his police record." Cisco finished.

"Police record?" Barry questioned, confused.

"I didn't find a police record." Caitlin told the man.

"Yeah, of course not, it was sealed." Cisco spoke in a duh like tone, "But guess what, ya boy hacked in and-" He turned to the his computer, "Hold on, wait for it." He typed some keys, "One count battery, two counts aggravated assault, court ordered anger management therapy."

"He seemed like such a nice guy." Caitlin spoke, "He even knew your Hudson nerd song."

Chloe chuckled, "Seemed like a douchebag to me. Had a Chad fucking Foster like esc."

"Isn't that--" Cisco started, being cut off by Chloe, who simply stated, "Yes."

Suddenly Stein started gasping out, making the four look over extremely worried. Cisco got up, as he and Chloe ran for the man, "Whoa, you okay?"

"It appears Mr. Hewitts stability isn't the only one in question." Stein spoke, sighing, "I think I need to lie down."

"Yeah, well come with you." Cisco told him as Chloe also helped Stein walk. "Thank you." Stein nodded to the two.

CHLOE HEARD BARRY speak up, walking over to the door frame, "Caitlin." He sighed.

"What's wrong?" Caitlin worriedly asked.

"Come here." Barry told her, the woman running over, Chloe saw Jax behind her.

"Oh, good, you're here. This thing, it ran out, like, 30 minutes ago." Cisco spoke, relived.

"His temperature is 142 degrees and rising fast." Barry told Caitlin.

"He's going into rapid oxidation. We need to find a coolant."

"I think it's too late for that." Both Chloe and Cisco spoke.

"I'll do it." Jax spoke up, making all heads snap to him, Chloe giving a small smirk, "I'll merge with him. You said this is a chance for me to be a part of something brigger than myself, to help people. That's what I want."

"You're sure?" Barry questioned, "Once you merge, there's no going back on this."

Jax sighed, "And you said I could fly, right?" He asked Chloe.

"Oh yeah." Chloe responded as Cisco let out, "Damn right."

"Okay." Jax nodded, "So what do I do?"

"Okay well here's the abridged version." Cisco all but squeaked out, leading the man away, Chloe following. Cisco grabbed the splicer as he explained walking back over, "This is it."

Jax nodded as Cisco applied the splicer to his chest the familiar whirring sound admitting. "Whew." Jax let out.

Cisco and Chloe slowly backed away as Stein was carried in by Barry and Caitlin.

"You came back, Jefferson, thank you." Stein weakly said.

"Well, like my coach always said, "Out of yourself and into the team."" Jax nodded, "So hows this work?"

"Okay, all you're gonna do is touch him."

"And then what happens?"

"You merge." Chloe stated, as Caitlin said, "You become Firestorm."

"Okay." Jax nodded, before Caitlin and Barry slowly backed away. Jax and Stein moved to merged the two actually merging together, unlike what had happened with Hewitt.

"Jax?" Caitlin questioned the flaming man.

He tuned to her, Caitlin asking, "Is Professor Stein-"

"How will I know?" Jax cut her off. "Oh, so I get Grey as my copilot." Jax suddenly spoke up, seconds later he asked, "So when do we get to take this for a test spin?" An alarm suddenly buzzed, Chloe letting out a sigh, "Now, apparently."

"It looks like Hewitt is recharging at Central City High Schools football stadium." Cisco added. Barry zoomed off, grabbing his suit, Jax saying, "Wait, that was where I got hurt." Jax quickly sped into action leaving the building.

"Cisco, cut the power to the field so he can't draw anymore energy." Barrys voice came through the mic.

"I'm on it. Stand by." Cisco told the man, Chloe sat in the seat besides him, as Caitlin peered over her shoulder. "Boo-ya ka!" Cisco yelled as he clicked the last key.

A long few seconds later, Barry's voice came in again, "Hey, guys, cutting the power didn't work. It's like the more we anger him, the stronger he gets."

Caitlin snapped her fingers, "That it, it's like one of those, uh, controlled fusion devices. Um..." She trailed off.

"Tokamak?" Cisco questioned.

"Yes, exactly, and the more powerful they become, the more unstable they become. Barry, make him anger, and he'll blow his fuse." Caitlin told the man. Chloe smirked, she liked this idea.

"You up for a little game of "catch me if you can?"" Chloe beard Barry ask Jax, and with that she guessed they were off again. Hewitt had been caught, and turned to the pipeline. Chloe sighed, bidding farewell to her fiends, before making her way home that night.

She really needed sleep. . if only a few hours. Sleeping without Leonard was tough. She wasn't sure how much longer until she broke down once more.

THE NEXT MORNING, Chloe walked beside Cisco and Barry, sipping on her coffee, she was going to try and visit Leonard later that day.

"And how is Mr. Hewitt?" Stein questioned.

"Seems like that last burst of energy has burnt him out." Caitlin informed.

Cisco put his hands above his head, "Our Tokamaks gone dark." He joked.

"Yeah, we're just gonna jeep him safe and sound in the pipeline till he decides to keep quiet about all this." Barry explained smiling.

"So you're gonna meet up with Clarissa?" Joe asked Stein.

"We're meeting in Pittsburgh in three days." Stein told him.

"Why Pittsburgh?" Jax asked.

"A colleague of mine was monumental in helping train Ronald and me. She's graciously ordered to help the two of us as well." Stein explained to Jax.

"How's she gonna help us?" Jax questioned.

"Well, there were many aspects of our abilities that we never quiet achieved. Hopefully now, we can fully realize that potential." Stein turned back to Caitlin, "Oh, my dearest, Dr. Snow." The two then hugged, when they pulled away, Stein told Cait, "Ronald may be lost to us, but he will never be forgotten." He then walked off, Caitlin going over to Jax.

Stein soon hugged Joe, before moving on to the other three standing. Chloe stood by Joe as Stein talked to Cisco, before they pulled away from their hug, Stein speaking up, "And, now I believe it's time for on take this show on the road- Or to the sky, if I am to be literal." He made his way over to Jax, the others letting out laughs at his comment. Soon they all stood by, watching as Jax applied the splicer and the two merged. Jax flying off into the sky, the others watching with grins.

"All right." Barry said.

"See you later." Caitlin told him.

"Yeah." Barry replied watching the three walk away.

"So, where are you going after this, you seem happier than you've been these past days." Cisco spoke up to the redhead, who was taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'm gonna go try and visit Lenny. Hopefully they let me." Chloe told him, smiling.

"That's good. Have fun." Cisco laughed, pulling Chloe into a side hug. She returned it, "I'll see you guys!" She called going into her car. Off to see Leonard she went.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

AUTHORS NOTE | word count : 4791

And that's episode four!

I wanted to make this all one chapter- it's almost 5,000 words OMFG-

AND NEXT EPISODE WHEW-

AHH- it's gonna it's gonna be tough-

i have a whole ass almost 2000 word chapter Im VERY proud of sitting in my drafts called "chapter blank" cuz i didn't take into account when the episodes took place lol-

so tHaTs So FuN-

IM SO PROUD OF IT TOO-

CHLOE S N A P S AND I L O V E IT-

okay that's it- not spoiling-

but how'd you like this chapter/episode?

Favorite Part?

2021 edit; i love cisco and chloes banter so much omfg - theyre friendship is just so good in the first couple seasons and it only GETS BETTER AS TIME GOES ON BRUH

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

ูˆุงุตู„ ุงู„ู‚ุฑุงุกุฉ

ุณุชุนุฌุจูƒ ุฃูŠุถุงู‹

274K 5.1K 51
(Season 1 Of The Flash) Growing up without parents is hard enough, but it's even harder when no one understands you. That was Chloe's world...
20.8K 545 23
Scarlett Luna Rios is Best friends with Barry Allen and Iris west. She has a huge crush on Barry but never had the courage to tell him. Then she meet...
268K 6K 21
"I'd say it's a pleasure, but now I'm topless!" A story in which a girl moves to Central City and becomes something she never would have imagined...
311K 13.1K 56
we fall in love till it hurts or bleeds or fades in time. [ barry allen x original character ] [ book one in the red series ] [ the flash season one...