A Dreamy Reality - Book 1

By realjackiehdz

Katie McGrath x Reader *Currently editing* #2 katiemcgrath: 04/10/2020 #1 katiemcgrath: 05/04/2020 #1 katiemc... More

A Glimpse of the New Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - Part 1
Chapter 24 - Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 37
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note

Chapter 3

4K 187 35
By realjackiehdz

(Y/N)'s POV:

I left the apartment early, trying to not be late to Miss McGrath's class again.

Alyssa was still sleeping. The way she behaved yesterday had my mind going in circles all night.

Entering the classroom, I pushed the thoughts away.

No one was inside, not even the professor, so I took a seat in the back.

I got a book out from my backpack, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, and started reading. I loved the story, but I really hated the fact that love for Mr. Rochester had led him to a physical state of vulnerability, losing his eyesight and one of his hands.

About fifteen minutes had passed when I felt someone touch my shoulder.

I looked up, surprised to find Alyssa staring back at me. For some reason, I was expected to find Miss McGrath in Alyssa's place. 

What I really wasn't expecting was Alyssa to be here this early today. We still had about fifteen more minutes until the class started, and knowing Alyssa, she would rush in at the very last minute.

"You're early." I raise my eyebrows in complete and utter surprise.

"Well, you left me all alone." She retorted, leaning down and surprising me with a sloppy kiss.

I kissed her back and soon stopped when I heard her heels against the floor.

Alyssa noticed this and rolled her eyes as she pulled back and took a seat next to me.

I wasn't sure if Miss McGrath had seen the kiss, but I was hoping she hadn't even if chances were slim. 

Embarrassed, I buried my face in my book.

"You know what? I'm going to buy some breakfast. Do you want something?" Alyssa asked as she stood up from her spot.

"No, thank you." I quietly responded.

Katie's POV:

When I walked in, they were kissing. (Y/N) probably thought that I had missed it, but truth was I saw everything.

If yesterday (Y/N) called her 'friend', today they were probably something more. 

I watch as then girl leaves the room, leaving only (Y/N) and I.

I clear my throat to get her attention. She slowly looks up.

She's a beautiful, young girl. I can tell she gets flustered easily when she's around me. Many students of mine react this way - the guys mostly - but I know (Y/N)'s attraction to women is no secret at all. She displays it every day with her outfits and broadcasts it to the world when she participates in the activities organized by the LGBTQIA+ community at our school. I've assisted a few myself, but I've never had any type of romantic interest on any of my students at all. Except for now, of course. 

"Wouldn't you like to sit in front? You'll be able to focus better." I suggest, pointing at the open spots at the front.

"Uh... yeah, of course. I would love that." She accepts the offer, grabbing her book and backpack.

A small smile forms on my lips at the thought of her reading one of my favorite books. She seems like a very grounded person, and I wish to know her better. I had seen her a couple other times before on campus from far away too, and her professors had all spoken amazing things about her to me, but I refused to believe the prodigy she was until I saw it with my own eyes. I knew this was her last year before graduating, and I had the privilege to share my knowledge with her before she took off on her next adventure. 

I'm ready to comment on the book, but I can't say more as students start coming in. I look at my wrist, searching for the time. Class will start soon. I'll leave the conversation for later.

***

"(Y/N)? Could you please help me pass these papers out?" I interrupt her conversation.

She looks up, nodding as she takes the papers from me. 

She does as she's told and the bell finally rings. The students all stand to leave the classroom, many conversing with each other as they leave. 

I make my way over to her seat and ask, "(Y/N), would you please stay for a couple of minutes?"

Her brown eyes lock with my own, "Yes, ma'am."

(Y/N)'s POV:

"I guess that means I will see you later." Alyssa takes my hand and pulls me in, placing a kiss on my lips yet one more time. I reluctantly kiss her, feeling a bit uncomfortable because I knew Miss McGrath was watching. There's no doubt in my mind that she saw it this time.

Alyssa leaves, and I slowly walk up to her desk.

I feel my heart racing every second I get closer to her, and my eyes wander down to the floor in hopes of keeping my gaze away from hers. The fact that she saw that kiss is mortifying, and I secretly wanted the ground to swallow me alive. 

"I was right, wasn't I?" Her sexy accent forces me to look up at her.

Why did she bring it up?!

I anxiously play with my hands before responding. "I-I'm confused about what you mean...", I lie, "but yes, I suppose teachers are almost always right. " I chuckle nervously, rubbing the back of my neck, already feeling the heat on my cheeks.

Why did I have to blush and make it so obvious? Gosh, I hated this about me. 

I let my eyes fall to the ground, and when I look back up at her, I see a smirk on her face. It's almost as she's enjoying this. 

"Well, I'm not almost always right. I am right, always. Understood, Ms. (L/N)?" She winks, and the butterflies in my stomach start flying everywhere. Holy shit, the confidence this woman has is very attractive. I like it way too much. 

"Uh, w-why did you want me to stay?" I stuttered, trying to change the subject.

I needed to calm down. She made me so nervous and it was definitely showing. I was an open book in front of her and I hated that. 

"Well, I could really use your help, Ms (L/N). I just moved here and things are a bit different."

I loved the idea of spending time with her, but that had taken me aback. She was NOT new here. I've seen her on campus before, and I've been here for the past three years. She's a fourth-level professor, so I never had the chance to meet her until this year. I had always thought she was beautiful from afar, but being this up close to her, it's a different type of feeling. I loved her excuse though.

Hearing no response from me, she proceeds to say, "Well, I can find someone else if you prefer not to."

She stared at me intently. Almost begging me with her beautiful orbs to say yes. 

I got lost in her eyes for a minute and immediately said, "No, no. It'll be my pleasure to help you." I also added, "But I'm also new here." A small smirk appeared on her lips, and she bit her lower lip, looking away. Her eyes were shining with delight, "You got me, Ms (L/N)."

I chuckled at her reaction. "We can pretend."

"I like that idea." She smiled, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Well, on that note, would you like to be my TA? I figured you were my best candidate for that since..." She trails off as her eyes travel down my body and up again to my eyes. She clears her throat before continuing, "Uh... maybe we can talk about that later."

I wasn't expecting her to change her mind, so I'm surprised to hear this. I push it instead, "Actually, I would love to be your TA." I accept the offer on the spot.

She abruptly gets up from her seat and snakes her way around the desk, coming closer towards me. She finally stops a few inches away from me and whispers, "I hope it's not a bad idea." 

"Sorry?" 

She leans against the edge of the desk, crossing her arms and smiling, "Then, I hope to see you here more often."

Katie's POV:

She was blushing, and I knew she was nervous. I was enjoying the show way too much for my own good, and I knew this was a dangerous game I was playing. I realized that I got carried away and checked her out without meaning to, and I saw the way she stared at me after, which is why I retracted from the offer, thinking this could possibly be a bad idea. 

"Likewise." She slightly smiled before walking away.

"Why do you always have to leave?" I whispered as I watched her exit the room.

Something about her just compelled me, intriguing me. I read one of her essays from last year that a professor showed me. I loved the way she expressed herself in writing, and since then I've been hooked even more. 

I returned to my seat and proceeded to plan my next lectures.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 50 9
๐—œ๐—ป ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜. ๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—ป...
329 49 50
William x female reader x Timothee Chapters. Sorry if I made mistakes on spelling! Enjoy:) KarabumSarahโš˜โš˜โš˜ Best Story Rankings; #21 williamfrankly...
205K 2.8K 39
REQUESTS CLOSED Here we go again... Started: June 19th 2021 Completed: May 10th 2022
675K 15.7K 90
"How come she married him? She hated him!" "Nah, she didn't." ~ ~ ~ #6 in evans - October 2020 #1 in lilypotter - November 2020 #3 in prongs - Decemb...