π“π‘π’πœπ€ 𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐧 |~πš‚πš™πšŽοΏ½...

By Slytherin_Pop_Tart

Delaney Leroy starts a new job at the Behavioral Analysis Unit in the FBI. There, she meets her best friend... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue
Thank You!!!
Bonus Chapter?
The Wedding- Bonus Chapter
Hiking- Bonus Chapter
Disneyworld (pt. 1)- Bonus Chapter
Disneyworld (pt. 2)- Bonus Chapter
Disneyworld (pt. 3)- Bonus Chapter

Chapter Forty-Two

4.3K 89 2
By Slytherin_Pop_Tart

The next morning, my Dad came to Virginia. I called to set up a doctors appointment to see if I had HD. 

I almost didn't want to know. 

A couple days later was the morning of my doctors appointment. I nervously ran my fingers through my hair as I walked into the kitchen to make my dad breakfast. 

I hadn't told him about Spencer and me yet; we hadn't even had a real date.

I made some toast for my dad and ate with him in silence. Then, we were off to the doctors. 

All they had to do was take a blood sample. They told me the results would come in a week or two. 

The next week was the longest of my life. I was waiting for the call that could doom me to die early. 

I knew it was dumb; I would get HD whether I knew about it or not. But, I wasn't sure that I wanted to live knowing that I would die around age 50 after all of my nerve cells were killed off.

I was just leaving the BAU when I got the call. I stopped in my tracks and looked at my phone. It was the doctor. 

I dropped my bag, clamoring to answer the call. "Hello?" I asked. 

"Delaney Leroy?" 

"Yeah." 

"We got your blood tests. You tested negative for Huntington's." 

"Oh!" I couldn't beleive it. "Thank you," I said, ending the call. Spencer, who had stopped walking when he saw me answer the phone, looked over at me. 

I grinned and ran towards him throwing my arms around his neck. "I didn't inherit it! I'm safe!" 

He smiled. "That's awesome!" 

I turned around and hugged JJ. She smiled at me. "That's great, Leroy." 

I collected myself and continued walking out of the BAU. As I got into my car, I thought about telling my dad and my spirits fell. 

Was he going to be mad at me for not having the disease? I felt awful, being happy about not having the disease when my dad did. 

I pulled into my driveway and walked inside, seeing my dad on the couch. He looked up at me. "Did you get a call?" 

I nodded. "I tested negative. I'll be ok." 

He jumped up and hugged me tightly. "That's great, honey." 

I frowned. "I'm sorry." 

He held me at arms length. "Sorry? Why are you sorry, angel?" 

I rubbed my elbows. "You have to suffer and I get to live a long life."

He hugged me again, pressing my face into his chest. "Laney, I'm just so happy that you can have a long and happy life. I don't know if I'd be able to live with the guilt of knowing that I gave you this disease." 

I let a tear fall from my eye. "I love you, Dad." 

"I love you, too." 

-ok ok i know this was another filler. ill update in like 30  minutes tho. i'll be so speedy you wont even know what hit ya-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.6K 30
Y/n has been working at the BAU for 4 years, as she slowly begins to develop feelings for her best friend Spencer Reid...
12.7K 116 13
Dr. Brooke Ross, encountered her idol, Dr. Spencer Reid when she gets a job at the BAU. Their friendship grows as the story goes on. ~This Story is b...
262K 3.9K 50
Madeline Roberts, top SSA with the BAU, director of the FBI. On her journey to becoming Director she realizes she has feelings for her co-worker of...
10.1K 125 12
TW- @buse When Lydia joins the FBI behaviour analysis team she doesn't expect that they'll be able to read her so easily. With her abusive boyfriend...