Till The Clock Strikes Gone

By iyahartwrites

❝In class, you said I reminded you of someone. Who is she?❞ ❝My wife. You remind me of my wife.❞ ... More

|| foreword ||
PART ONE
letters to Eliza : ONE
o1 | maybe
o2 | turn of the tables
o3 | darling
o4 | a gift
o5 | find me
PART TWO
letters to Eliza : TWO
o6 | moonvale
o7 | the man from the future
o8 | a memory of her
o9 | no more his
10 | yes?
PART THREE
letters to Eliza : THREE
11 | William Ray
12 | little witch
13 | a helping hand
14 | beautiful
15 | a stranger so own
PART FOUR
letters to Eliza : FOUR
16 | gone forever
18 | dear Eliza
19 | unstable
20 | never
PART FIVE
letters to Eliza : FIVE
21 | love
22 | stay
23 | ignis aurum probat
24 | future
25 | doomed
PART SIX
letters to Eliza : SIX
26 | my heart
27 | lover at your door
28 | my only love
29 | faith
30 | a christmas tale
PART SEVEN
letters to Eliza : the last letter
31 | drug of the night
32 | always yours
33 | conflicted
34 | never leave my view
35 | the time machine
36 | brave for love
37 | letters
38 | oblivion
39 | moonshine
40 | the return
a letter to William
41 | James
42 | home
epilogue: the boy
BONUS One: Peace
|| afterword ||
NEW BOOK | Behind Your Walls

17 | fantasy

9.2K 679 49
By iyahartwrites

It was the last day before vacations started at LunaVale University — the 14th of December and the murmur of excitement among the students was enough to make them pay attention to everything except their studies.

Students were busy planning for their holidays, even James and Arabella, but Eliza didn't join in the conversation because her eyes were fixed on William. He had been absent for two days and today, he was here and yet not here. Eliza hadn't seen him for two days and she was feeling anxious. His door was always closed and she was sure that he didn't get out of his house because she had kept an eye on his door through her bedroom window.

She had developed a fascination with this new character in her life. He infuriated her with his mysterious charm and half-answers but she liked testing his patience. He hadn't even appeared at her house and when she asked her Papa what happened, her father had looked at her like he was seeing her for the first time. He patted her shoulder and went to lock himself in his workshop in the backyard. Eliza spent the entire two days with just James for company, who was too busy talking about himself instead of asking her about her life. She wanted to see William but he was lost in solitary confinement and now that she could see him, she felt sad.

He looked devastating. His eyes were gloomy and full of pain. He had dark circles underneath them and his face looked paler than usual. He didn't speak much when he entered the class.

When he entered, his eyes fell on Eliza, who was once again seated at the first desk. But, unlike other days, he didn't look at her for more than a second and went to sit on his chair after telling the students to do whatever they wished too. Eliza felt scared because the last time she saw him was when he carried her home and she had decided to repay him by vandalizing his house. She took a glance at James, who she saw, was observing William too. He had a small smile playing at his lips and when he noticed her looking at him, he winked and she turned around. For the first time, her heart didn't flutter with James's attention.

William had his arms crossed over the desk and his head lay between them. He was sitting in that position for as long as she had been watching him. He didn't move, didn't say anything. He didn't even tell the students to keep it low when they started chatting loudly amongst themselves.

"Where are you planning to go?" Arabella's high pitched voice pulled Eliza out of her gaze and she turned around to find that the group had pulled their chairs together and were sitting in a circle.

"I am sorry?" she asked, waiting to be filled in by the conversation. She felt James gaze on her.

"What's up with you?" he questioned. "You okay?"

"Yeah...I am fine," Eliza said, looking at her fingers as they scanned the fabric of her jacket. Today she had been bold enough and chose to wear her white jacket, not the usual black leather.

"I think you are stressed. Want me to help you?" James asked, taking her hand in his. She lifted her eyes to look at him.

James looked like he had everything settled and was always the more resolute among them. He had his whole life planned out, although he never shared his plans, not even with her.

As Eliza watched him, he leaned in from his chair and kissed her. She gave a weak smile but he took that as a chance to invade her mouth with his tongue. He tasted of the rich cologne he put and beer.

Once again...beer.

Eliza clutched his jacket, trying to push him away but he grabbed her hand as he continued kissing her more hungrily than ever. His mouth was too rough like he wanted to cause her pain. She winced when he bit her lip too hard. Eliza knew that kiss. It was the kiss of jealousy and anger. It was very rare but noticeable. She made a faint attempt to push him again but he only groaned in frustration.

"Hey man...people are watching," she heard Thomas say.

James didn't pay any attention as he moved his hands to her hair and pulled her deeper.

Eliza was feeling desperate and she attempted to close her mouth to stop James but then she heard him.

"Stop that!" William commanded in his deep voice and it was louder than ever.

James broke the kiss and she saw his red, flustered face as she tried to breathe in the oxygen she had lost. She looked at James and then turned her eyes to William.

He looked like he was seething with rage; his palms were balled into fists and he was standing like a tall, dominant tower ready to crash on James. His eyes were throwing sharp daggers at her boyfriend and the latter appeared to be intimidated.

"This is my class. Just because I permitted you to do whatever you want doesn't mean that you can do that," he bellowed at James and the whole class stared at them in silence.

"Yo man," said James, raising his hands in defence. "She's my girlfriend."

Eliza saw William's jaw tick at the mention of that word.

"I don't care. You piss me off again and I will be forced to give you detention on the last day."

Eliza felt her heart flutter as she watched the veins in his forearms appear when he clenched his fists tighter. He was wearing jeans and a maroon sweater, he had folded the sleeves and his black digital watch contrasting with the ivory skin of his body gave him the look of a perfect fantasy subject.

Her face heated up as she wondered how he must have been with his wife. How he must have held her with those strong hands as he thrust into her again and again. She had a vivid picture of him naked and entangled in a mess of sheets with a woman...his wife. She once again wondered - where was his wife?

Her eyes suddenly drifted to James when he brushed his feet against her jeans. She turned to look at him. His jaw was fixed with anger and Eliza feared what was going to happen. He was upset with her. He must have seen her watching William. If only she could tell him that she couldn't help it. Her boyfriend was her loyalty but the new teacher in college was her fantasy, a fantasy she couldn't keep her eyes off.

She tore her gaze away from him when she heard the rush of footsteps all around them. She looked and saw William tucking his phone into his pocket.

She looked around and saw the other students leaving. She saw James getting up from his seat and in three large steps, he was out of the door with his backpack over his shoulder not even looking at her. Arabella, Thomas, and Knight followed him. Knight gave her an apologetic smile; Eliza didn't smile back.

Something felt wrong about James. She did everything she could to please him and yet he always appeared unsatisfied.

She looked around and saw William take his seat back on his desk. He didn't seem to have any inclination to leave.

She was alone with him. It was a golden chance. She picked up her backpack and walked towards him. He had once again taken his position back with his head lying between his arms. She stopped near his desk and he looked up at her.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his voice, gruff and raspy, like the ones people have after they had cried for a long time.

"Just wanted to say goodbye. I mean, I know I will be nearby you but still... It's the last day and I wanted to let you know that things don't have to be so harsh between us," she said as she bit her bottom lip.

William gave a small smirk and looked straight ahead, instead of looking at her. "You are already gone," he whispered in a low voice, more to himself, than to her.

"What?" she asked, not understanding him.

"Nothing," he said, standing up and moving to get out of his desk but she blocked his way.

"Excuse me, please," he said, expecting her to move.

Eliza wasn't wearing her boots today. Her feet ached and so she chose to take a break from them. She wore her converse and as she looked at him, she found him way taller than her. He towered over her small frame and she found that she liked it very much. It was exciting — being alone with him, away from the rest of the world. He was like the secret she had longed to have just to later talk about it when she was old and sitting in her lonely apartment with her grandkids.

She placed a hand on his chest and pushed him, making him fall back on his seat.

He watched her in awe. "What are you doing?"

Eliza leaned in a bit so that their faces were inches away from each other.

"I was just thinking...if I kissed you, will you push me away?" She smirked, leaning closer. Her nose brushed his. His breath was fresh and warm against her lip.

"Don't do that please," he spoke in a low voice, pleading with her.

"And what if I don't listen?" she teased him.

"You will have to. I can't take it. Please go," he begged, but Eliza ignored him. Instead, she held his right hand and put it on her waist, the other one instinctively followed making her smile to herself.

"Please...don't," she heard him say again, against her lips. She could smell the cologne he put and her skin tickled with his hot breath.

"I know that you are attracted to me. I'm giving you a chance to live your dreams. You said that I remind you of your wife," she said and he groaned.

"Please, don't."

"Make love to your wife," she commanded, before placing her lips to his.

He froze for a moment and then, he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss as she opened her mouth to let him in. His taste was nothing like James. He didn't taste of weed or beer. His taste was different. It had no name but she knew exactly what he tasted like. He tasted like him.

He tasted as William Ray would - beautiful, confident and manly.

He pulled her closer until she was sitting on his lap, her legs straddling him. Her backpack was long discarded on the floor and she had no idea what the time it was or if someone was waiting for her outside. All she could do was feel his mouth on hers and his deep, hungry kisses that were full of pain.

His tongue devoured her and she suddenly felt like he knew exactly how she liked to be kissed. His kisses were not like James. James was rough, wanting and demanding, but William was passionate.

Passionate and firm, yet gentle.

She felt like she would die of excitement as her hands travelled to his hair and she caressed her fingers at the nape of his neck. He groaned and she fought hard to control her smile. She was happy and she felt strangely satisfied. A satisfaction she had never felt with James. She kissed him deeper, hungrier like it was not just his lips she wanted; she kissed him like she wanted all of him.

She could feel the beating of his heart against her own. He grabbed her hips and she gasped when she felt him hard between her thighs. His hold was strong and muscular. Power oozed from every inch of him. There was a tune to his lips, his actions and his heart and she wanted to learn it. Her hands travelled down his body until she found the hem of his sweater.

She wanted so much more but then, all of a sudden, William stopped.

He left her lips and exhaled deeply to calm down. Eliza tried to control hers too but she didn't want to stop; the growing familiar pain under her abdomen was making her crazy and she needed him not to stop.

"What happened?" she asked, innocently.

He broke from his thoughts as if finally realizing it was her. He looked at her, wide-eyed, before letting go of her and Eliza got down from his lap. He stood up too but didn't face her. She kept watching him, expecting an answer but his eyes were looking everywhere but her.

"I shouldn't have done that," he said finally, and Eliza's heart sunk in her chest. All the feelings of happiness were gone.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." His voice was full of regret. "I'm so sorry."

He didn't look at her as he picked up his book and moved past her and soon, he was out of the room leaving her embarrassed, confused and ashamed.

What had she done?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 3K 81
Year 2095, couples are now decided and set by the Marriage Matchmaker application, and any other romantic interaction besides this match is strictly...
517K 11K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
47.4K 1.3K 27
Sequal to 𝙱𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙳//𝚆𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 (https://www.wattpad.com/story/217574936-%F0%9D%99%B1%F0%9D%99%BB%F0%9D%99%BE%F0%9D%99%BE%F0%9D%99%B3-%F0%9D%9A%86%F...
18.4K 1.6K 40
**A Romance, Teen Fiction, and YA Featured Novel** Worlds collide when a formerly overweight teen befriends a blinded football player and is forced t...