Arknights: Dr.(Y/N)'s Riposte

By VioAndBio

A story about an independent doctor named (Y/N), who is well known for his reputation earned from his career... More

1. Clinic is closed... Permanently
2. Meanwhile...
3. Back to Conscious
4. The Aconite & Lilies
5. Hostile or Friendly?
6. The Haste
8. The Movement
9. Different Polars Attracts (Part 1)
10. Just Like Before
11. Burning Skies, Fallen Heart
12. Elafia & Demoness
13. Modern Problems, Modern Solutions
14. She, The Elafia
15. Old Bonds
16. W's Zorn
17. A Survivor's Will
18. Hands From LGD
19. Different Poles Attracts (Part II)
20. The Last Agent
21. Behind the Curtains
22. W
23. The Initial Insanity
24. Turn Coat
25. Lovely Elafia
End of 1st Ark
2nd Arc: 0th Stasis
26. Atonement
27. The Pinky Promise (Part 1)
28. The Pinky Promise (Part 2)
29. The Other Side
30. Filia and Mio, The Anti-hero and The Agent
31. The Truth
32. Lungmen Arrival

7. Chernobog (No Crownslayer bullies)

8.4K 231 373
By VioAndBio

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

After supplying the bus with originium for 3 hours, the lines of light on my body disappears as I try to calm down my ragged breath. I tossed the wires to the side and looked over to see Crow able to stand up back.

My torso was bearing with pain as I fall down and sprawl on the floor.

[How did you do it?] - Crow

I looked up to see her gazing down into my eyes with curiosity. With a reassuring smile, I gave her a thumbs-up before letting my arm fall to the floor in exhaustion.

[I will tell you later...] - (Y/N)

[Answer, right now] - Crow

Yeesh... Quite a persistent woman. I am too tired and sweaty to explain- no, I meant by lying to her and get out of suspicions.

[For real though, I will tell you EVERYTHING when we get into the city] - (Y/N)

I emphasized that word to get it through her head so that, I could have time to relax mine from using too much originium. Of course, I won't tell her the truth, why would I want to risk my life in doing so?

[Promise?] - Crow

[Yes, yes. And to prove that, here....] - (Y/N)

I stuck out my pinky finger to her, but she looks clueless on what I did.

[You don't know pinky swear?] - (Y/N)

[No? What is that?] - Crow

AAAAAAAAA!!! SHE DOES NOT KNOW A PINKY SWEAR! And I am about to lie to her about myself...

Is she a loner? I swear that if she is, I will feel terrible by the time she found out.

[A pinky swear is where two people link their pinkies as a form to confirm a promise] - (Y/N)

[Like what friends do?] - Crow

[Ye-] - (Y/N)

That is fast, she instantly linked her pinky with mine.

[To finalise it, I have to say... I promise] - (Y/N)

[You better] - Crow

Her eyes show joy and I could feel that she is smiling behind that mouth cover, making me feeling more guilty to lie to her.

Sorry, Crow, I have to survive to reach my objective.

[Help me up, please?] - (Y/N)

Crow nods as she wraps her hand around mine and pulled me up. My sweaty clothes felt very uncomfortable for me.

My legs feel a bit wobbly, but that was not enough to stop me from going outside. Forcing the door open, I exit the bus and stood a few metres away from the city.

[Chernobog seems majestic as ever before] - (Y/N)

[Excluding the citizens, then yes, I would agree too] - Crow

Crow and her team went out of the bus joining me to see the view of the tall city's walls.

I could feel the resentments in her words, and I do not need a reason to ask why. For how the Reunion has experienced, almost the whole world knows. Bias, cruelty and rage are what they receive each day, just because they are infected.

But, it is not every day they spent most of their time for revenge. Despite being cast to the slums, they still can create happiness among their selves. Thus their movement name... Reunion.

[Come on, the immigration po-] - (Y/N)

The blood surged up through my throat as I did my best to cover my mouth. I intend to hide this weakness of mine and if were Crow to know this... by the time she knows my real identity, she will use this against me.

I felt a hand on my arm and forcefully turned to Crow.

[Your nose is bleeding] - Crow

Looks like it was about to be exposed, BUT! I have the perfect counter for this.

[Sorry, I was thinking about you...] - (Y/N)

This is one of the ways I learn from my patients, on how to make friends faster than normal.

[Ha?] - Crow

She released my arm and took a few steps back. I gulped the blood in my mouth to prevent grabbing more attention to Crow.

Plan success...

Look at how confused she is, for a skilful fighter... She sure cannot handle a normal conversation.

[You're messing around with me right!?] - Crow

Do not glare at me, glare at someone else.

It is kind of my fault for using her emotion to mask my pain, but the situation calls for it and I do not have any other choice.

[No, no. What I said were genuine true] - (Y/N)

Crow did not buy it this time.

Actually, I did think about her like when should we both get the pizza? Maybe later.

Right now, I should calm this woman down before I get some of my arse kick.

[I get it now, you're a womanizer!] - Crow

[Eh? I don't usually talk like this, except with you] - (Y/N)

Yup, my words work again. From the looks of it, she does not seem to suspect about my condition. I need to hold onto this pain in my chest until I get to the rental apartment room.

[Quit it! Stop!] - Crow

She shouted while throwing punches bashfully and 'playfully'. Her subordinates were laughing at Crow who was being flustered by me.

I could hear my arm bone-cracking... FFFFFF-

[Okay! Okay! Let's get into Chernobog first] - (Y/N)

She stops and glared towards her team which made them stop laughing.

An idea popped up into my mind... if I were to be friends with a reunion member, that means I have the privilege of not being attack by them right? PPPPFFFTTTT! As if that would work... Maybe.

[Gather around and check your passport, since we will be stepping on Chernobog's floor soon] - Crow

She ordered her team and they obliged by searching in their perspective bags.

[Let's move already. The pizza will get colder if left too long in the store...] - (Y/N)

Stop Crow, keep glaring at me and I would force you to pay more than half for the pizza.

Just kidding, I am not that kind of a bad person... Except for the lying part.

___________________________________________

Crow's P.O.V

I have a feeling that (N/N) is having too much fun teasing me. That was kind of annoying to me but, somehow seeing my new friend happy because of me felt satisfying for me.

[Next group!] - Immigration Officer

We are currently in the check-up section near the entrance of Chernobog. I would be lying that if I say that I am not feeling nervous about the infection check.

Maybe I should consult to (N/N) about an 'alternative route' to enter the city.

[Ummm... (N/N)?] - Crow

[Yes? (N/N) is here] - (Y/N)

He turns to his back with his eyes meeting with mine.

[Could we use other entrances?] - Crow

[There are other entrances? I think its better with this though] - (Y/N)

Better? Should you not worry about them finding out that you're an infected too?

[Well, you see we are...] - Crow

[Next!] - Immigration Officers

[Infected too? Don't worry, trust me... Here, hold onto this thin copper wires and stand near to each other, tell your subordinates to do the same...] - (Y/N)

Sounds like he has a plan... Of course, he does, if not then he would like a fool of going straight into the check-up without one.

We pick our bags that have already been scanned through an x-ray machine. My lackeys have thrown away their swords back in the forest since the reunion hideout in Chernobog has more anyways.

My knife was fine to bring because its in the law regulations, which is seen as a form of collection hobby.

The officer held a scanning device in his hand making me feel a bit anxious. I tightly grip onto the copper wire which the 6 of us are holding in our hands hidden from others eyes.

The moment the officer waves the device around us, I felt a jolt of electricity entered my body. It was not painful but rather soothing with a tad of numbness.

Oh, now I see what (N/N) is doing... Is this how he passes every infection checkup?

[You 6 are good to go] - Immigration officer

I never thought the day that I would be able to pass through a check-up without bribing officers with some LMDs (money).

After passing the entrance, I turn to look at my back to see my subordinates were in a daze as well. At some location in the street, we went to an isolated area to open a conversation.

[See? We got through] - (Y/N)

He gave me a thumbs up while grinning.

I do not really mind him being playful, this pose of his relieves some of my tension for the upcoming operation. It is good to have a friend...

[Thank you (N/N), for real] - Crow

I said while bowing along with my team, causing him to feel surprised. A pair of hands straightened me up as (Y/N) look straight into my eyes.

[You don't have to bow... We are friends, right? This is what friends do, we help each other] - (Y/N)

[Really?] - Crow

[Yes] - (Y/N)

He let go of my shoulders and stare to the other 4.

[You 4 as well, we are friends too] - (Y/N)

I think I should send them to the hideout first, to report about our arrival and (N/N).

Should I recruit him? It would be nice to have a unique person like him. I could train him into a Reunion operator too but... I have to know more about him first.

[You four, go and report to the hideout...] - Crow

I whispered to them before they walk away towards the specific location, leaving only (Y/N) and me.

[Your teammates are not going to join us?] - (Y/N)

[Nope, they say that they wanted to rest... We should be going to Pizza Centre now] - Crow

I shut his question down immediately to prevent him from further questioning me. He shrugs his shoulders and indicated me to follow him with his hand.

With a smile behind my mouth mask, I followed him to go to the pizza place under the beautiful night sky.

[Sure, let's go. I think the store is open 24 hours after all] - (Y/N)

His sentence made me realized that it was already night. I looked down at my wristwatch showing 12:05 a.m.

Its already midnight...

[Can you explain how you did the surgery on me before?] - Crow

[Hold your horses there... First, I want to tell that the bacterias that managed to slip into your body have been sanitised by the enhanced needle back then] - (Y/N)

Now that is something good to hear, I was worried about that back in the bus.

[Next, my originium allows me to enhance my body and non-living items. That's all I will tell you] - (Y/N)

Guard, vanguard, specialist or medic? Which would suit him the best? Putting that matter aside, how did he know to do surgery?

[I ask about how did you know about doing surgery? And not your originium... Unless you're a doctor] - Crow

[W-well] - (Y/N)

A bit of stuttering? That managed to make me frown.

[Dr.(Y/N) teach me most of the amazing surgery techniques and... Please don't tell anyone that I did an illegal surgery on you...] - (Y/N)

He said with a wry smile causing me to sigh. I doubt that he is a secretive person.

[That Dr.(Y/N) is amazing?] - Crow

[Oh hell yes he is, you should have seen him....] - (Y/N)

[Him...?] - Crow

I looked at his face that seems to be down. He looks kind of... Disappointed in himself? Maybe, must be my imagination.

[Wait! Do you where Dr.(Y/N) is right now? I need to meet with him quick] - Crow

Thank god that (N/N) mentioned about the doctor, if not I would have forgotten about my task.

[Um... I will tell you tomorrow, I'm not sure where he is right now] - (Y/N)

He scratches his own cheek with a finger.

To confirm what he said, I will use what he taught me earlier.

[Pinky swear?] - Crow

[I promise] - (Y/N)

His pinky links with mine, giving me the joy of using this symbol of bonding. I know it not necessary to do this but, I cannot resist doing something new.

[Is this the place?] - Crow

I looked at my left seeing a store with pizza logo on top of its door. Strangely, all of the lights were already out.

Redirecting my gaze to (Y/N), I could see the sadness in his face as he stares at a note on the entrance door while reading it

['Sorry, pick-up customers but we will be closing for a day due to public hol-' NNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!] - (Y/N)

He kneels down on the pathway and I continue to read where he stopped at.

[At least they will be giving one same pizza free after opening back....] - Crow

[My honey garlic pizza...] - (Y/N)

Scratch off all of my experiences of seeing people crying for their lives and family... This is the first time I see a man crying over a pizza.

___________________________________________

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Public holiday... I want to hate it but it gives me time to rest back when I was still studying at university.

Just this once, I will forgive the public holiday... More than that, I WIL-

[(N/N)? You're chill about it now?] - Crow

Thank you for the tissue Crow, but a piece of soft paper could never bear the tears of a real man.

[I think I'm good now] - (Y/N)

I stopped my steps after seeing my apartment room number... 420.

[So, this is your stop?] - Crow

[Yup... Wait, where are you going to stay Crow?] - (Y/N)

She giggled at my question as I felt that my sudden guess is right, which is her roo-

[We are neighbours] - Crow

AICJFJEKSOCIDJWJS!

A reunion member is my neighbour, great. I feel very safe sleeping tonight.

.... Now that I think about it, would not I be safer with Crow as my neighbour? Like, she could protect from random serial killers... Well, this is a 'what if' thingy, do I would not expecting much even though I do.

[I'll head into sleep... Its already late now...] - (Y/N)

I insert the key into the doorknob and open the door.

[Wait...] - Crow

[?] - (Y/N)

[Here's your money back...] - Crow

With both of her hands, she shows me the money that I gave her back on the bus.

What a thoughtful woman she is...

[Because we didn't get to sleep in the motel...] - Crow

I sighed seeing this scene unfolding in front of me. Crow being mindful and caring towards her friends is cute but, if she is not careful enough... Someone would use her for their own benefits.

[I already told you right? It's yours now... Keep it and use it, your decision and not mine] - (Y/N)

[But, it is originally yours...] - Crow

I pushed the money and her hands gently towards her with one of my hands. Smiling one more time, I slowly close the door.

[Now it is yours, and that will be a sign of our friendship... Nighty night] - (Y/N)

I fully close the door and lock it. After a few seconds, I heard the footsteps from the outside with the sound of a door opened and closed.

Before that, I definitely heard Crow whispered... 'thank you' with the sound of a droplet fell on the ground.

Don't tell me... She teared up?

Suddenly, a surge of pain banged in my chest causing to clutch onto my clothes. I cough a few times before running wildly towards a small room that seems like a bathroom.

Both of my hands grab onto the sink as I let out mouthful amount of blood. More of my red liquid was splashed out of my mouth.

I was lucky that I was able to hold in the pain...

A line of blood could be seen beneath my lips and I felt getting more dizzier every second pass.

With a hollow laugh, my down fell down on the cold floor and darkness invades my vision.
___________________________________________

(A/N: SL- Ahem, with that... Crownslayer is a good waifu, no bully. If you bully her, don't be surprised that your favourite pizza store will be wiped out from the surface of Earth. Also, is there anyone that likes girlsfronline fanfic? Anyways, Au Revoir)

(2689 words excluding Author's Notes)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
211K 5.2K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
177K 3.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
259K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.