Reckless Love

By babystar42

Elena Gilbert. She's famous practically, being a doppelganger and coming back from the dead after being sacri... More

I Love You
A Date from Hell
Surprises
A Proposal
Shocking Revelations
A Perfect Day
Happy Birthday
Aimee Marie Salvatore
Fights, Cuteness, and Surprises
More Revalations
Thank You
10 Years Later
Save Me
I Remember
Tragedy Strikes Those Who Love Another
A Surprise Guest and A Ball
Issues and Resolutions
Memories of Us
Blood Sharing and A Missing Person
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 Months Along
With Life Comes Death
Epilogue
Author's Note

Romance Troubles

842 21 4
By babystar42

It was about a week after we got home that Meredith could schedule an appointment for Elena.

We head out of the house and Elena giggles.

"I love that you're already showing."

"Barely."

"It's enough for me." I whisper. I press my lips against hers then we head over to the office. We sit down and wait for Meredith.

"Mrs. Salvatore, Dr. Fell will see you now." We stand up and head to the office.

"Damon, Elena, and oh my god." She looks at her already showing stomach.

"What is it?"

"How far along did you say you were?"

"About 9 1/2 weeks, why?"

"Hmm... I should probably take a look." Elena gets up on the table and Meredith spreads the gel on her stomach then looks around. Her jaw drops.

"Oh. My. God."

"What is it?"

"Is the baby okay?" I add.

"Take a good look." Elena and I both stare at the screen until Elena grins.

"So they're okay?"

"They?" Elena points to the screen.

"1, 2." I smile.

"Twins?"

"It was abnormal that the baby was so big, but here's the explanation. You're having twins." Elena squeals and I lean down and kiss her. Meredith cleans her stomach off.

"Can you give an estimate on what we might have?"

"Well, if you look close, one is sort of bigger than the other, so I'm guessing they're fraternal twins so a boy and a girl. But we won't know for sure until about 4 1/2 to 5 months, same as usual." Elena smiles at me as we gaze at our little Salvatores.

"Oh and Meredith, you're invited over for Thanksgiving."

"I'll be there." We smile at her then we head home. Caroline attacks us.

"So? How's the baby?"

"You mean babies?" Elena looks over at me.

"They're fine." Caroline's eyes nearly pop out of her head.

"Twins?!?" Elena and I both nod. She squeals like Elena did and wraps her in a hug.

"Congratulations to the both of you!" Elena smiles up at me and I press my lips to hers softly.

"So, who's up for turkey?"

"Meeeeeee!!!!" Katherine's little son, Nathan runs into the room. Oh... Did I mention Stefan and Katherine had another son about... 2 years ago when Hayden was 11? Hmm... Maybe not. Caroline and Klaus' daughter, Kaitlyn, runs into the room. Damn it! Did I forget to mention that Caroline and Klaus had a daughter 2 years ago too? Damn, I'm really bad with these things.

"Uncle Damon, can I have some milk?"

"Not my call sweetie, that's Mom's call." She pouts then runs off. She got Klaus' dark blue eyes and Caroline's wavy blonde hair along with her pout. I secretly hope that one of them is a girl and she gets my smile like all the kids have. Aimee and Alex run in.

"Is our little sibling okay?"

"Actually, you have 2 little siblings."

"Wait, twins?"

"Yup."

"I hope it's 2 boys so we can all terrorize you." Aimee crosses her arms over her chest.

"And when it's 2 girls I'm going to laugh in your face when we decide to make you our model for play makeup."

"I bet 50 bucks it's 2 boys."

"I bet 50 bucks it's 2 girls." I lean into Elena's ear.

"Are we going to tell them about the fact that Meredith thinks it's a boy and a girl?" She shakes her head.

"I'll make you both a bet. If you're both wrong, I get 50 bucks from both of you." Elena states.

"Deal." We all shake hands and Elena smiles.

"I might have just gotten us a really nice dinner and a new outfit for me." I smile. We go into the kitchen to start helping with food, then Sam comes down the stairs and Alex grabs her. She laughs and Elena turns to me.

"Okay, okay. So what? He got her pregnant. But those two are so in love."

"They remind me of a young and playful us, it's hilarious."

"Shut up!" Alex yells from the kitchen.

"Didn't Dad ever teach you it's not polite to eavesdrop? What the hell am I saying, it's your father."

"Harsh." I pout then pull my lips into her favorite smirk.

"I love you." She says, smiling at me.

After Thanksgivng dinner, I take Aimee to the piano room.

"Have you been working on A Thousand Years?"

"Okay I know you think the movies are demeaning, but I did learn Bella's Lullaby from Twilight."

"Is that a no?"

"No, I can play it but you should be more open minded. Now watch and learn Daddy, I'm about to blow you away." Her hands gracefully slide across the piano and she starts the first few notes. She opens her mouth and she sounds like an angel. She's going to go on to do great things. I watch as her fingers move and the song partially evolves into the Twilight song but back to A Thousand years. She finishes with a smile and I give her one as well.

"Now, Aimee, you have to promise me you won't get famous and move to LA where Mom and I will never see you okay?"

"Nah. I think small town singer songwriter more fits me."

"Do you write your own songs?"

"Um, well this one I've been working on doesn't have lyrics yet, but I have the piano tune. And it's a surprise so no you can't hear it." I smile and gently kiss her head. We head out into the hall and Aimee locks the door behind her. Elena turns the corner and I smile at her.

"Hey."

"Hi." She looks too tired.

"Are you okay Elena?"

"Yeah. I'm just probably going to need a lot more sleep during this one."

"Come on." She sets the pan down and we head into our bedroom.

"Get your PJ's on Mrs. Salvatore, we're watching a movie. And tomorrow we're going to spend the entire day laying in bed, watching all those chick flicks you love."

"Um, Damon, do you not remember what happened when we mixed pregnancy hormones and chick flicks last time?" Oh... right.

"Okay then we can watch fun children's movies with our two little Salvatores."

"Can movie day wait until tomorrow? I'm so tired."

"Of course." I'm not saying I'm disappointed, but Elena and I need to boost our romantic life a little. I mean, we're about to have 2 more kids and our grandchild will be here in a few short months. I decide to take it all out in a diary nobody knows I have, not even Elena.

Dear Diary,

I'm struggling with the fact and concept that Elena and I are getting busier, juggling 2 teenagers and one of those teenagers being a father. I want to take her somehwere where we can have the romance that she always loved back. I feel like the only reason we're together is because of Alex. I know it's horrible of me to admit, but... I can't help but think about if she really loves me. If she had feelings for me when we slept together in Georgia. Maybe she loved me once, but not anymore. She can't. Why else would she be turning away? I feel like I'm losing her and it's killing me.

D. G. Salvatore

I scribble in the diary until I fall asleep, worried about my marriage.

Elena's POV

When I wake up, there's an unfamiliar book on the pillow. I pick it up then I go downstairs into the parlor. I sit down in a chair and I read. Damon keeps a diary? Huh. Tears well up in my eyes and I slam it down. I flash into some real clothes then I grab my keys, running out of the house. I drive to the place where I feel safest, the falls. I flash up to the top and I sit down. Tears fall out of my eyes and I gently rub my baby bump. My phone rings and I pull it out. Damon. I decline then I look out at the rising sun. What reason have I given him that makes him think I don't love him.

"I hope you're not thinking about jumping." I turn around to see Katherine.

"I'm stupid, but not that stupid."

"Why are you here?" She asks.

"Did Damon send you?"

"He was worried that you were mad at him. You didn't leave a note, so we were worried about you."

"I doubt he's worrying."

"What happened? I didn't hear you two fighting."

"He wrote in his diary that he thinks I don't love him anymore. He thinks that the only reason we're together is because of Alex. Kath, I've never given him any reason to doubt the way I feel."

"Are you still in love with him?"

"He's my whole world! I love him more than life. I can't help it. I can't loose him but he feels like he's losing me."

"Prove him wrong."

"I don't know how. I don't know if he still loves me but all I know is that if Damon makes the choice and leaves me, that's it. I would go back to him in a heartbeat, but if he doesn't, I'm never going to be with anyone else."

"Tell him that."

"I can't face him right now, Kath. I'm scared I'm going to loose him. I can't loose him. Not after everything we've been through."

"How about we go somewhere. Just the two of us. Your parent's lakehouse, maybe?" I smile at her and I nod.

"Why don't you wait here. I'll pack your stuff so that you don't have to face him."

"Thank you for being such a good friend."

"I guess I owe you one." I smile and she pulls me into a hug. I go down to the car and I wait for Kath to come back.

When she does, she looks over at me.

"Damon says there's no way in hell you're going so I called him a controlling ass then I left." I smile a little. My phone buzzes.

"I'm just going to talk to him." I answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm not going to say."

"Elena-"

"I've never given you a reason to doubt my feelings for you. And yes, I had feelings for you in Georgia. I've had feelings for you since the night we met." Tears stream down my cheeks.

"Elena... please come back to me."

"I can't. At least not now. But I want you to know that I will always come back to you." I hang up and Kath gently rubs my back. I wipe my eyes, then we head out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 39 21
Elena chose Damon, unable to fight her intense attraction. Now, ever since Stefan left town she can't stop longing for him to come home. Between the...
148K 2K 37
It has been four years since Stefan has left Mystic Falls, due to all the drama and life threatening situations. There's also the fact of Elena leavi...
850 23 7
Her sister had her story, now it was her turn. Elena Gilbert has fought and loved; won and lost, but now it was Sofia's turn. Sofia Gilbert was Elena...
155K 2.9K 45
Yes I am Bella Swan... Well I was. Now I'm Elena Gilbert. I was once the girl who ran with vampires. Now I'm the girl that grew up. Who is stronger...