Save Me

I go outside and lock the door only to be greeted with the painful witch headache. I drop down in agony then I'm thrown into darkness.

I wake up weak. My brown locks fall in my face as I take in the surroundings. I shake them out of the way and I find myself chained down to a metal table.

"Look who's awake. And in perfect time. The new moon is almost upon us." I look up to see 3 women.

"Who the hell are you? What do you want?"

"I am Clarice, this is Malika and Roseana. We are witches. And you're about to die."

"No, please. I have a husband, and children. Damon will kill you all. He'll kill you."

"Ah, the doppelganger procreation. I see you used that to your benefit. That is very convenient. We will draw on you and your unborn child. Then, we will make the child grow to 9 months then kill you both."

"I'm not pregnant."

"You are. You're 6 weeks pregnant." They join hands and stand in a circle around me. They start chanting and I feel pain. I see my stomach start to grow and I scream. After about 3 or 4 hours, it's fully grown. I feel them cut into me and I let out a blood curdling scream. Soon I hear a cry, and I see my baby. Damn, if only that could- wait, focus Elena, you're in a life threatening situation. One of the women, Malika, wraps my baby in a white bundle and lays her down on a table like mine.

"Congradulations, you have a girl. What would you like to name her?"

"Audrey. I'd like to name her Audrey."

"Beautiful. A beautiful young girl. Such a shame this beauty has to be wasted."

"Why am I being sacrificed?"

"Because you're the last doppelganger. We've seen into the future, your children will produce no more doppelgangers."

"Please, I'm not a danger to you."

"But you are. You are the only one who can break the spell."

"What spell?"

"The spell of eternal misery."

"What the hell is that?"

"Clarice, Roseana and myself were cursed with horrible luck for over 1,000 years. We cannot die.  This ends that."

"Why do you have to kill my baby?"

"We won't. If you cooperate. We'll drop her on your front stoop along with a letter saying that you're dead."

"Can I write it? He needs it. He does love me so much. It needs to be from me."

"Fine." She does some sort of spell and my arms become unbound, but not my ankles. She hands me a piece of paper and a pen.

Damon,

I know this is a horrible way to say goodbye, but it's all I have. I want to say a few things before I die.

Thank you. You gave me a love that consumed me. You gave me passion, an adventure, even a little danger. You're my everything, and I love you. Sometimes I wish I could've said that a lot more.

There were these witches. They found out I was pregnant with this baby and they grew her then took her out of me. If I cooperate, it'll be okay; she'll be okay. Her name is Audrey Rose Salvatore. Don't spiral without me, and always take care of our kids. They'll need you.

I love you Damon Salvatore. For eternity and after I'll love you. I'm at the Lockwood Cellar. Come here if you want to find my body.

Love, Elena