10 Years Later

Alex might be taking 10th grade too far. He's 16 now, and Damon and I are hesitantly letting him date. And then there's him wanting to join the the football team. What if he doesn't make it? He's worked so hard for that.

I pull myself out of bed and I go to wake Alex up. His room is navy blue with a black bed spread. I open his door and he lies there sleeping peacefully. I shake him gently to wake him up.

"Mom, too early."

"Get up, come on. First day of school."

"Early." He pulls the pillow over his head and I sigh calmly.

"Alexander William Salvatore, you better get your 8th grade ass up or I will get your father and you know he'll bring the horn." He sits up, his raven hair messy.

"5 more minutes."

"Ass. Up. Or I'll take Dad's advice and reconsider our dating age as 16 and you won't date until you're 30."

"Okay, okay, I'm up." He makes his way over to the bathroom and I hear gentle footsteps from the other room. I push Aimee's door open and she stands by her bed stretching.

"Good morning. Did you sleep good?" She nods and we both head into Damon and I's room to wake him up. Aimee jumps up on the bed and Damon groans. Her straight long brown hair bounces and her crystal blue eyes sparkle as she jumps up and down on the bed. She just turned 10 in June, a party thrown by the one and only Caroline Forbes.

"Damon, wake up." I purr in his hear. He groans, then sits up.

"I also want to talk when we get home." He looks at me questioningly, then I walk out of our room. Alex comes out of his room in a dark blue shirt and a pair of jeans.

"How the hell did you get ready so fast?"

"Calogne and already perfect hair."

"Don't be cocky."

"Mom's right, that's how I got her to marry me. Well that and-" I elbow Damon hard in the stomach making him groan. Alex laughs and I ruffle his hair.

"Mom, not the hair."

"Oh, bite me."

"Elena, that's-" I shut him up with a kiss and Alex groans.

"I have weird parents."

"No, you have vampire parents. And we're very much in love." Damon states

"Aww, are you getting soft?"

"Get your ass to school." They start bickering back and forth, yelling. They've been fighting because of the whole dating rule. I don't know how he's going to react when Aimee wants to start dating.

"Both of you, cut it!" I snap. They stop.

"You, grab some breakfast then get your ass in the car! You, go get Aimee ready for registration! And both of you, stop arguing!" Alex goes downstairs and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Elena-"

"Just please, go get Aimee ready? We're going to be late." I kiss him gently and he runs off to get Aimee. I go downstairs to see Alex filling a green Gatorade bottle with blood.

"Good idea. So you don't eat the kids." He laughs and I smile.

"So the tryouts end at 4:30, pick me up then."

"Alex, you've told me that a million times over." He smiles at me. He got Damon's smile and his dimples. He got my nose and ears and the shape of my head with Damon's jaw set. I go upstairs and I pull a pair of skinny jeans on then a black long sleeved shirt and my flats. I grab my purse pulling my hair up and I head downstairs. Alex sits on the couch on his phone.