Blood Sharing and A Missing Person

Elena giggles as we lay there breathless. I smile devilishly at her and she blushes in return.

"I love you, Elena."

"I love you too Damon." I pull her closer to me then I start thinking.

"Elena, have you ever heard of blood sharing?"

"No, what's that?"

"It's when vampires who are madly in love feed off each other. It's more personal than sex. Once you've blood shared with someone that kind of determines if you're their soulmate and if they're yours." She smiles.

"Would you want to try it?" I say, the hope clearly evident in my voice.

"S-Sure." She starts shaking a little.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just a little nervous."

"Me too, don't worry."

"You've never done this?"

"No. I've been thinking about it for a while now. It bonds two people more than marriage and I didn't know if you wanted that."

"Damon, I have a clear vision in my mind of what my future could be like. There are a lot of different ones, but there isn't a single one of them that doesn't have you. I want to be with you for all eternity." I smile at her.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Damon." She bites her wrist and offers it to me.

"Forever." I bite my wrist. We both bite down at the same time and fireworks- no, nuclear missiles explode in my mind. Elena let's out a gentle moan and I do as well. The sensation fills the holes in my heart that Katherine left and makes me whole again. Eventually we have to pull away. She whines and I laugh.

"Elena, if we would have taken anymore, we would've passed out." She laughs this time and I smile at her.

"You're my soulmate," she whispers.

"And you're mine." She smashes her lips to mine and when we pull away she smiles in thought.

"Damon, imagine if someone had told you that you'd be in love with me and I'd be in love with you. How would you react?"

"Depends on the time."

"How about your whole 'Katherine everything' phase?"

"I would've laughed in their face and say, 'that's my brother's girl. And she's human and never wants to be a vampire so you're crazy.' How would you react?"

"I would just smile." I tilt my head at her.

"When I first met you the second time, laid my eyes on you, I was terrified. Because I thought for one second that I was going to fall in love at a first glance. And I did. It was always my plan to try to fall for Stefan, but it just never worked. I could never feel the same thing he could. But with you, your love consumed me. I told lies that hurt both of us because I knew that I would never forgive myself if I just up and left Stefan for you. I knew that he would shut off his humanity and I wouldn't be able to live with that. So I waited and you found me. And I've loved you for so long, it's like a natural instinct. I can't describe it. But all I know is that choosing you, is by far the best decision I've ever made in my life. I love you, Damon." He smiles then presses his lips to mine. There's a knock at the door, so I wriggle out from underneath him and he groans. I pull my robe on and he tries to pull me back down.

"Damon, I have to get the door."

"No you don't." I giggle and flash out of his arms to the door. I open the door and Klaus stands there.