With Life Comes Death

Sam's been sleeping a lot lately. She's about 9 months in, and the baby is due in about 3 days. I'm getting nervous, because I'm 16 and I'm about to be a father. A father. It's surreal. I'm excited, and I know Sam is too. When I picture our little girl, I see her with beautiful raven hair and dark blue eyes. And... I'm planning on proposing to Sam the day Holly's born. She's the one, I can feel it.

I open my eyes and Sam sleeps peacefully. Mom can't really walk anymore, and she sleeps a lot too. I get up and I go into the kitchen.

"Morning."

"Hey Dad. How's Mom?"

"Hating the fact that she can't walk. She's a stubborn one. Much like your sister."

"I can hear you." Aimee comes downstairs and stretches.

"Morning sweetie." He kisses her head and she smiles.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon."

"Awesome!" He smiles then looks outside.

"I tested the lake yesterday. I went all the way to the center and back. I even jumped on the center and it didn't budge."

"Does that mean we can go ice skating?"

"Yes. And I'm gonna get your Mom to get outside. She needs the air." I smile.

"Sam can keep her company."

"Yeah. Ice skating and pregnant? Not a very good reality show." Aimee laughs and takes the tray.

"I'm going to take this to Mom."

"Okay." She goes into the bedroom and I run a hand through my hair.

Elena's POV

I wake up and Aimee smiles at me.

"Morning Mom."

"Hey sweetie. Where's Daddy?" I mumble.

"He's talking to Alex. In fact, Dad said that today we can go ice skating."

"That's awesome! I won't miss it."

"You haven't been outside in about 2 weeks. It'll be good for you."

"Yes it will." I sit up and I feel 2 thumps against my hand.

"Go get Aunt Mer."

"Okay." She runs off and I stretch. Meredith comes in and smiles.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. Can I stand up though? I want to watch the skating."

"You can walk around the room, but I'm gonna have to draw the line at anywhere else. So I can get the wheelchair while you change into something warm, then you can go outside."

"Yes Mom." She chuckles then goes upstairs. I change into a red long sleeved dress then I pull a pair of leggings on. Meredith brings the wheelchair down. She pulls a pillow off the bed and places it in the wheelchair.

"I also got you a blanket so you're nice and cozy."

"Thank you." I put it on and my giant baby bump sticks out from underneath.

"I wonder what they're going to look like."

"I can imagine Adam looking like Damon. Kind of like how Alex looked when he was little. Sometimes fraternal twins can look like each other a little bit. But since the genes in the hair are dominantly brown, I think both of them will have crystal blue eyes, but Adam will have Damon's back hair and Audrey will have brown hair like you."