Shocking Revelations

"Damon, can I introduce myself or do you want to introduce me." He looks down at me.

"M-Mom, D-Dad, this is Elena Gilbert. My fiancé and mother of my son and one on the way."

"Damon, don't lie to us, vampires can't procreate."

"Not regular vampires. It just so happens that Elena and I are the two last living doppelgangers. When doppelgangers are turned, they can procreate even as vampires."

"You look very familiar." Damon's father points at me.

"Okay let's not focus on our lives let's focus on yours. And how you even have lives."

"Damon, calm down please." I grab his hand and I rub circles in his palm with my thumb. He looks down at me and I smile up at him. He gives me a half smirk in return and I blush. The baby starts kicking and I smile. Damon calmly goes up to his father. Giuseppe lets out a menacing growl.

"Who are you to challenge me?"

"I'm not afraid of you anymore. Do you know what I've sacrificed over the last 2 centuries? How much your abuse changed and transformed me into a killer? I mean, I'm no Stefan for sure, but do you know how long it took me to come back? It would've taken a hell of a lot longer if it weren't for her. She couldn't admit it yet but the love she felt for me kept me alive. It wasn't Katherine. It was the hope of finding someone that actually loved me. It was hard. But I somehow managed to come back here."

"You should be afraid of me."

"Get out of my house. Don't come around, and especially stay away from Elena."

"Alright. Here's my phone number in case you change your mind." His mother says. Damon looks like he's debating it.

"Just go." He says quietly.

"Damon-" But he's already pushed them out the door. I gently rub my baby bump.

"So, this might be a bad time but guess what tomorrow is?" He turns to me and looks at me questioningly.

"Tomorrow is the day we find out the gender. And I want you to invite your parents."

"What? You're kidding me right?"

"Damon, they're your mom and dad. You haven't seen them for over 2 centuries and you're pushing them away. I want to get to know them."

"No. You don't."

"I get it. You've told me before how your father treated you. But Damon, I love you. I'm going to love you for the rest and all of eternity. You and I have something special and I want to share it with your family. We both just found out that our children have grandparents. I think you need them in your life."

"All I need is you, Elena."

"That's not true. You wanted her to stay." His eyes flick up to mine.

"Call her. Tell her to meet us here at 3:00." He tries to protest, but I'm already walking up the stairs.

Damon's POV

I debate it. Elena's right. I need her. Not him. My mother. I pick the phone number up. I should at least give Dad a chance. She picks up on the 3rd ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey. This is... Damon. I'm just calling to ask if you and Dad want to come to Elena's ultrasound tomorrow. It's the appointment when we find out the baby's gender."

"Thank you Damon. For giving us another chance."

"Be at the Boarding house by 3:00."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."