Our Destiny

By that_basicbitch_

Destiny is a funny thing... It will bring two together and just so happen to be the same thing that rips and... More

forword
THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
THE GOLDEN AGE
one
two
three
four
five
PRINCE CASPIAN
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
narnia: without the kings and queens of old
one
two
three
After Narnia
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
THE END

fourteen

6.1K 153 42
By that_basicbitch_

{ chapter fourteen ~ all hail the ice queen }

The smiles of the family of four seemed to disappear as Peter began talking. The young Princess quickened her pace at the sight of the depressed-looking faces of the siblings. Her slightly wavy hair blew behind her as she ran towards the four and their small picnic area. "They need us. All four of us." Lucy said in protest. Mila joined their side. "Lucy it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" The Princess coughed slightly, making her presence known to Peter. She saw the crystal-like tears threatening to fall from his sapphire, blue eyes. "Which is why we have to stay," Edmund mumbled as he smiled at Mila. "Hey, look at me." She whispered to Peter. "I understand you want to protect your family, but Narnia needs you, it needs us." She smiled slightly, "I need you, Peter, I don't think I could handle you leaving Narnia and I don't want to think about that right now. Edmund and Lucy may have been in danger. And Susan may face it. But you can prevent that. You'll keep your promise to your mother. Be the protector, you want to be." She watched as he quickly wiped the few stray tears from his cheeks. "She's right. I've seen what the White Witch can do and I've helped her do it. We can't leave these people behind to suffer!" Mila raised an eyebrow at Edmund, a beaming smile on her face. She was proud of him. "You'll need training," Mila told the four. "I'm practicing with Orious later? Sword fighting. You're welcome to join." She told them. Susan shook her head. "I think I'll train with the archers." Mila nodded. She then looked at Lucy. Who had a look of uncertainty painted on her face. "Lu's not fighting." Peter quickly said. Mila nodded, "Of course not, but she'll need some simple self-defense." The small girl grinned. "I'm sure someone will teach you, just ask around. Everyone's friendly enough." Mila watched as Lucy and Susan jumped up. "Where are you going?" Peter asked them. "To get in some practice." And before the three knew it, the two Pevensie girls were on their way.

Peter turned to Mila. "Thank you for that." He whispered to her. "Thank you for everything." He spoke once more before lightly kissing her cheek. Mila, who now has pink cheeks to match her purple dress turned to Edmund. Who was grinning. "How are you, Ed?" She quickly stated, not wanting Edmund to speak about the situation. "Oh, I'm fine." He glanced toward his brother who was scratching the back of his neck. "But you're going to have to catch me up. So since when have you been all lovey dovey Pete?" Mila watched as the older brother grinned at the younger one. "Since the first day I came here." Mila blushed even more, which only caused Edmund to tease her. She shook her head. "Did someone say sword practice? Yeah? Okay, let's go!" She rushed her words before quickly running towards her tent.
Edmund grinned at his older brother, who simply playfully pushed him. "Oh shut up," Peter told him before he began walking to join Mila. "I'm happy for you!" Edmund called before rushing off to join the hopelessly in love duo.

"Good! You're getting it!" Mila called as she practiced with Edmund and Peter. "Lunge faster Peter or you'll get yourself killed!" She told him, "Your cute when your bossy!" Peter shouted over the noise of the clashing blades. "It would be cute right now if you two stopped flirting!" Edmund mumbled as he lunged for Mila. She sighed as the boy tagged her shoulder slightly. "Oh, I'm sorry." He paused. "No, no that's good! Keep practicing and you'll probably become Narnia's best swordsman." The boy grinned, "Even better than you?" Mila chuckled. "Notice I said swordsMAN Ed, not swordsWOMAN." Peter smiled, "What about me?" Mila pretended to think about it. "You've got your pretty face and personality to make up for being moderately okayish at sword fighting." He rolled his eyes, "That was hurtful Mila, but being able to practice with you makes up for it." She nodded before standing on her tippy toes to lightly kiss the lips of the boy. Edmund groaned. "You know, horse riding and sword fighting together is a good skill to have during battle." Peter grinned. "Finally something I'm good at!"
The princess watched as the boys saddled up two horses. "Aren't you coming?" She nodded, "I'll catch up." Peter watched as the girl lightly fiddled with the hem of her sleeve. "You can't ride can you?" She groaned. "No, I can't! I never got that white pony to have lessons on!" Peter grinned, "Come on." He told her before reaching for her hand. "We'll go together."

It was only Mila and Peter in that moment as they rode to meet Susan and Lucy. The wind blew softly through her hair as her laughter matched the breeze like a perfect melody. Peter often turned to check on the girl. He noticed her smile would grow wider as he turned around, this only caused him to smile too. Mila often shouted into the wind as she told Peter about all of her favourite places from her childhood. A field full of flowers that lay beside Cair Paravel was one she mention a few times. The two simply admired one another as they learned new things, and each time they both fell further and further into the trap of love.

Edmund couldn't stop grinning as he observed his brother and someone he could call a dear friend. However, he no longer saw the two as what he thought they were. He saw them as destiny. A match made to perfection. Through his eyes, Mila and Peter were soulmates.

The voice of Mr. Beaver stopped the two boys during their sword fight. "The witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan." Mila's breath stopped as she loosened her grip on Peter's waist. "She's on her way here!" Mila gulped lightly before jumping from the back of the horse. She ran, she didn't know where she was going to go but she didn't want the Pevensies to see her cry. She ignored their shouts of concern as she darted behind a rock.

She was scared. Mila had never faced the White Witch in person, yet, she was still the woman that terrified her. Mila was still a Princess who should have died alongside her family hundreds of years ago. And surely the White Witch still wanted her dead, in fact, she potentially needed her dead. A few tears fell from her cheeks as she remembered the witch's doing. The blood that coated the white shiny floors of Cair Paravel still haunted her dreams. The three simple scratch marks that engraved her father's throat was an image that still haunted her mind often. She had just managed to push those thoughts aside.

"Mila." the voice caused her to quickly wipe her tears. "I'm okay." She told the blue eyed boy who had come so quickly to check on her. "No. No, you're not." Peter whispered as he hugged the girl. "I didn't want you to see me cry." She began saying. "I'm supposed to be strong. I'm supposed to give you and your family hope. If I'm scared how are you supposed to have that?" Peter gave the girl a comforting smile. "Being scared is in human nature. It's the witch, isn't it? Mila nodded, "I should have died Peter.  I got away, surely she's mad about that." The boy frowned. "I won't let her hurt you." Mila took a deep breath. "I know you won't." She whispered, she hugged him tighter as she spoke. "I'm angry too." She chuckled slightly. "You have every right to be." He told her as he took her hand. "Now let's go show that witch what a strong and beautiful Princess you've turned out to be!" Mila nodded, her tears seeming to disappear like magic. She smirked slightly as she and Peter walked to camp. She was going to do what she should have done a long time ago, and that was facing the White Witch.

"The Queen of Narnia!" Mila raised an eyebrow as she watched Ginarrbrik introduce the witch. She joined in with the shouts of protests. Only stopping at the sight of her carriage. She hadn't even seen the woman but she had already felt the cold, evil stares in her eyes. So had Edmund, Mila noticed that as the small boy grabbed her hand. "We'll get through this." She whispered. "She can't hurt us."

Mila felt the Witch's eyes fall on her straight away. "You have a traitor in your mist Aslan." Those were the first words she spoke. Mila shook her head, a snarl etched on her face. If she didn't want the war to start any earlier she was mentally prepared to kill her right there and then. Edmund squeezed her hand slightly. "Don't listen to her Ed." The Witch glanced at her, "Have you forgotten the laws on which Narnia was built?" Mila gulped. She knew the law. "Do not cite the deep magic to me, witch." Aslan roared, "I was there when it was written." Mila's eyes glanced towards Aslan before firmly remaining upon the Witch. "Then you'll remember that every traitor belongs to me." Mila shuddered. "His blood is my property." Peter unsheathed his sword. "Try and take him then!" He told her. Mila pushed Edmund slightly behind her. Her fear had suddenly left her body. She too held her sword. "Do you really believe meer force will deny me my right, Little King?" Mila chuckled unconsciously. "Your right?" She raised an eyebrow. "You shouldn't have any rights!" Jadis simply observed the girl. "You may think you're a Queen but you have to deserve such a title!" Mila hadn't realised she was now so close to the witch she could draw blood. Jadis smiled, she lifted a finger slightly before pushing the Princess' sword from her face. "Ah Princess, it's a pleasure, I must say." The girl tensed, her eyes settled upon the icy stare of the villain. "My secret police have told me all about you. The fugitive Princess, how sweet." Jadis grinned. "How's daddy." Mila's breath caught in her throat. "I hear my wolves did a good job with ridding Narnia of four out of five of the royal family. Your time is still to come." Mila still didn't reply, instead, she just watched as Jadis walked out of the grasp of the young teen. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood like the law demands. All of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water. That boy will die!" She said pointing to Edmund. "On the stone table!" Mila could barely hear the speech from the crowds around her, "And the little Princess must also face her fate! It was her destiny to perish a long time ago." Jadis made eye contact with the girl. "She too will die on the stone table, as is tradition. You dare not refuse me!" Mila glanced towards Aslan. A look of worry and beg on her face, not for herself but for Edmund. "Enough, I shall talk with you alone."  Mila only allowed her body to relax once the 'Queen' was out of site.

"Mila?" Peter questioned. "Are you alright?" The young Princess remained still for a second before placing her sword back inside its cover. She turned to the Pevensies siblings. "I'm fine." She said through gritted teeth before joining their side. "Don't worry Edmund. I won't let her hurt you." The rightful rulers of Narnia waited in silence. Mila rested her head upon Peter's shoulder. He knew she wasn't fine as she had previously said. But he also knew she probably didn't want to speak about it.

The noise of the tent curtain opening seemed to slash through the silence, claiming an uproar once again. Mila stood hand in hand with Peter. Her free arm clung onto Edmund as the two awaited their fate. They acted strong as she walked towards them, a smirk and look of triumph etched upon her icily, pale face. The two awaited to be pulled away from the camp instantly, probably dragged kicking and screaming but that never came as Jadis made her way back to her 'throne'. "She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood." Mila smiled as the army began cheering for the safety of Edmund. "How do I know your promise will be kept!" Aslan roared, which caused the cheering to fulfill maximum once more. "Your time will come Mila." The White Witch snarled to the girl as she sat upon her throne. "That's Princess to you, Witch!" The chuckle of Orious caused Mila to grin.

The Princess let out a sigh as she turned to hug Edmund. "Safe for another day?" She whispered. The boy chuckled before hugging her back. "Safe for another day." He repeated. As Edmund was taken into the arms of Lucy and Susan. Peter took his chance to grab Mila. He held her by the waist as he twirled her around. The two's laughter was lost within the happiness of the crowd of Narnians. "I don't know what I would have done if she took you to the stone table." He said to her as her feet touched the grass once more. "Hopefully you'd come to save me." She whispered to him. Peter knelt slightly before kissing the girl's pink lips. The cheering of the Narnian crowd only seemed to grow louder, but in that moment, there was nothing but silence around Peter and Mila. Destiny may have failed for the White Witch. But a destiny had been completed also. And that was the destiny of a Princess and future King.

Edited - 19/04/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 34.2K 63
What is Destiny? Does something like destiny exists in 21 century? When life has turn all modern. Where people believe that soulmates, true love are...
409K 7.6K 62
[ P E T E R P E V E N S I E ] • the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe ✔ + pevensie 15 year reign ✔ • prince caspian ✔ • the last battle ✔️ | bas...
966K 29.8K 32
As an ordinary girl living in the quaint little district of Finchley, London, Mary Brown isn't someone you'd expect to go on adventures with kings an...
211K 6.6K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...