Time Tells All (Book 4)

Oleh kthaler

Fourth Book in Kidnapping Series!!! Kyle is in charge now, the whole book is about him and his struggles of m... Lebih Banyak

Watching
Memories
Partners
Interesting
The Plan
Ireland
Catherine and Jim
Letter
Author's Note
Impossible
Really?
Bahamas
Alive
Proposition
Information
The Knock
Promise
Suspicious
Kidnapped
Bygones Be Bygones
Mistake
Punishment
Shocking
Her Story
Russell
Island
Bang
Payback
Torture
Solitude
Clean Up
Free
Moving On
Heart Broken
Epilogue
Amanda's Story
Update

Death

1.4K 60 12
Oleh kthaler

            Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. A gun shot echoed throughout the air and I knew it was Robbins. I had called her up and told her where to be at when I headed for the island. In my defense, I wasn’t sure if she would be there in time, since we hadn’t talked since the text I sent her to meet at the island and come in from the side, so she couldn’t be seen from the house. I had called her the day before about my suspicions and had her fly out here just in case I needed her. When I saw Dole heading towards the island, I knew I needed her help.

            As soon as the man behind Kayden slumped to the ground with a bullet hole in his forehead, Kayden’s gun aimed towards me. Without hesitation, I fired back, hitting him in the leg. I had did that on purpose so he wouldn’t die instantly, I wanted him to suffer. When I realized I hadn’t been shot like I thought I had been, I knew it was Amanda who had been shot, not me. Her screams echoed the island, and I turned my head to see her fall to the ground, clenching her stomach.

            Kelly quickly scrambled for Kayden’s gun as he cursed, holding his leg, trying to stop the bleeding. Kelly aimed the gun at him, looking as powerful as ever. This is why he loved her, even in the worst of situations, she was brave. Knowing Kayden was taken care of for now, I focused my attention back on Amanda, who was lying in the sand, moaning with red blood oozing from her abdomen. I quickly sank to my knees, holding pressure on her stomach.

            “Well, it was finally nice to see you again.” She joked.

            “What all happened to you?” I asked, seeing the pain in her eyes made me tear up.

            “Let’s not talk about that right now. All I want to tell you is that forget whatever happened while I was gone. You still have a chance to live a life. I’m aware of what happened with Kelly, but you are a good guy, I know that for a fact.” She moaned, biting down on her lip from the pain. I could tell talking weakened her, but she had always loved to talk and I always listened.

            “Thinking about you was the only thing that kept me through my torturous years; I’m going to die knowing that I got to hear your voice one last time.” She smiled.

            I could feel my heart breaking into pieces at her words. I wasn’t exactly sure what all happened to her but if it had anything to do with Kayden, I’m sure it was terrible. Now the feeling I had wasn’t like when I thought Kelly died. This was a totally different feeling. I’d had moved on from Amanda, excepting that she was dead for quite some time now. I was, well still am in love with Kelly, and seeing her “die” shattered my very existence. With Amanda, yes I loved her, but it wasn’t the same love anymore that I had for Kelly.

            “I’m so sorry this happened to you. He will pay for what he did to you. I love you, Amanda.” I spoke, choosing my words carefully.

            She nodded her head in response, there was so much I wanted to tell her but there wasn’t enough time. I knew it was her time to go. Every part of my body was screaming at my mind to try and save her but it was useless. The once bright red blood turned black, letting me know that the wound was worse than expected. I shifted Amanda’s head, so that she was resting comfortably on my lap. I ran my thumb down her cheek, trying to calm her down. Her breaths were shallow, her facing paling, and her hands were shaking.

            I heard someone run over to us and I didn’t have to look to know it was Kelly.     

            “Kelly, I need you to tell him everything I told you.” Amanda spoke softly, and that’s when I looked up at Kelly, seeing tears in her eyes as she nodded in response.

            I frowned because I knew how badly Amanda was suffering. There was absolutely nothing I could do for her and that about killed me itself. Instead of showing my emotions, I hid the fact that I was dying like her inside.

            “I’ve always loved you, and when I went away, I knew you’d move on, and I’m happy you found someone like Kelly, please don’t hurt her anymore.” She spoke, taking to me again.

            She had told me she knew everything I had done to Kelly, which made me feel guilty because of how I hurt both of them. Amanda had to life with the fact that I was now a cold-hearted monster and I about ruined Kelly’s life. If only I could make it up to them. Then she pulled me down to her, and whispered in my ear so Kelly couldn’t hear.

            “You’re not a terrible person. She may have hated you, but I can see it in her eyes that she wants to forgive you, despite all the wrong you’ve done in your life. Just remember you aren’t a monster.”

            I sat back up nodding, Kelly didn’t question what she said to me and I was thankful for it. It was like Amanda read my mind when she said I wasn’t a monster. I tried to look emotionless as I stared down at my bloodied hands. This wasn’t the first time I had dealt with blood, though I wish it was. Then without even thinking, I lifted my hands from the wound, knowing that more blood would pour out. I wanted to put her out of her misery. The look in her eyes told me she understood and approved of it.

            “I love you, Amanda. He will pay for this, I promise.” Kyle spoke softly, knowing those would be the last words she heard.

            Before dying, she wanted to hear my voice and that’s exactly what she got. I had surprised myself but how calm and collected I was, but that was just the kind of person I was, in any situation I wouldn’t lose my cool. Amanda smiled, just before closing her eyes and taking her final breath. I bowed my head down, ashamed that such a wonderful woman had to die in my arms.

            Kelly had left my side and the only reason I was snapped away from my mourning thoughts was when I heard a punch broke the silence of the air. I turned to see Kelly lunging at Kayden, Robbins standing, letting her get a hold of him. In Robbins’ defense, she was probably shocked by Kelly’s outburst. A small smirked appeared on my face when I saw that she had busted his lip open. That was my girl all right. Kayden’s cocky attitude faded when she had attacked him. I knew I had to stop this though as much as I loved it. I didn’t want Kelly getting hurt.

            “You bastard! Hadn’t you tortured her enough? You’re a monster.” Kelly growled and that’s when I decided to pull her off of him, holding her back away from Kayden.

            Kelly being the size she is was extremely strong, but I’d always known that. She struggled against me, wanting to kill Kayden on the spot, but I wouldn’t allow that. I would make sure Kayden paid for everything, but I was going to be the one to do it. 

            “Calm down, I’ll deal with him.” I whispered in her ear, and I felt her calm down.

            “Remember what I said, Kelly, you’re protecting the wrong person here. He’s just as guilty as I am.” Kayden smirked staring at Kelly who was pushed back behind me.

            I swung my arm back and punched him across the face, making him shut up very quickly. I had come prepared on what I wanted to do with Kayden. I pulled out a rag that was covered in chloroform and shoved it against Kayden’s mouth. Surprisingly, he didn’t resist, and the chemical knocked him out instantly. I slipped my shirt off and tied it around Kayden’s leg to stop the bleeding. As much as I wanted him dead, I didn’t want to let him off the hook that easy. He would suffer before dying. I could see the confusion in Kelly’s eyes and I knew what she was thinking.

            “Just keeping him alive for now.” I answered her unspoken question.

            I glanced over at Robbins and hinted her to follow me. Robbins trailed behind me and thankfully, Kelly stayed back, letting the two of us talk in private. I watched as Kelly walked over to Amanda and that’s when I focused my attention back on Robbins.

            “The plan worked.” I stated the obvious.

            “Yes, but at what cost? Dole and Amanda are both dead. I don’t care if he betrayed you; he was still your friend.” Robbins shot back and I knew she was pissed.

            “We can talk about this later. I’m going to do what I do best, give revenge to the man who hurt Amanda, Kelly and turned Dole against me. At the end of the night, no one will ever know what happened to Kayden. It’ll be like he was erased from existence.” I replied, thinking of all the things I would do to him when he woke up.

            From the corner of my eye I saw Kelly staring at us, wondering what we could be talking about. When our eyes met, she glanced away, frowning. I could tell she was upset and all I wanted to do was comfort her, but was that even possible now? After everything I’ve done to her, could she ever forgive me? I know Amanda believed that could happen, but was she just trying to make me feel better?

            “Listen, I want you and Kelly to head back to the hotel on the mainland and I’ll come later after I’m finished with him. We’ll find out what happened from Kelly and get answers to the questions only she knows. Just get her out of here and I’ll deal with the rest.” I spoke, truly caring about her safety.

            “Alright, and I’ll give you two a minute to talk, I think she needs you right now.” Robbins shockingly said.

            Her words surprised me, and that’s when I knew forgiveness was possible. I will admit a million times I’ve made the worst possible mistakes in my life but I was hurting and I know that isn’t the best excuse but that’s all I have. We walked over to Kelly; the sorrow in her eyes both infuriated me and also saddened me.              

             “I’m going to wait on the boat, just come when you’re done talking.” Robbins spoke softly, walking away, leaving Kelly and I alone.

            I was about to speak when she stunned me once again by wrapping her arms around me, holding me tightly. This girl never fails to surprise me and I love that about her. I could know every single detail about her, yet everyday she would say or do something that would shock me. I instantly hugged back, loving the warmth I felt when holding her close to me. See this is what I wanted all along when I first met Kelly and I approached everything the wrong way.

            “Everything is going to be okay. Trust me, he’s going to pay for what he did to you and Amanda. I really don’t care right now what he did to her, all I know is that he hurt her and that’s not alright. Robbins is going to take you back to a hotel on the mainland, and I’ll see you guys later tonight and we can talk.” I spoke, my eyes deepening into her. God, she was the most beautiful eyes.  

            She nodded, and I knew by looking at her that she was in shock from everything. I’d seen that paled skin, wide eyes, shaking body before. She had witness three more people die. I gave her a small smile, trying to comfort but my rage was building up when I saw her this hurt and to think it was because of Kayden infuriated me. I turned to walk over to Kayden and tie him up inside for when he woke up when Kelly spoke.

            “Kyle,” she paused as I turned around, “Make sure that bastard suffers every ounce of pain Amanda did. Make sure he gets what he deserves.”

            “I promise you that’s what will happen.” I said.

            Kelly turned and walked over to the boat with Robbins. I watched as she sat down, not saying a word. The two of them took off in the boat, and once they were no longer in eye sight, I got down to work. Now was the fun part.

Hey everyone I'm so happy that I've already finished the next chapter!!! I also entered my Kidnapped Series into the Wattys!!! What did you think of Kyle’s view on everything? Happy almost Thanksgiving to everyone too!!!! I'm starting the next chapter soon, so hopefully in a few days I will update.

So I want to hear any ideas you all have for the ending of the book. What do you think will happen??? I plan on having like 6 chapters left, and have a general idea of what will happen.

Please keep commenting and voting because thats what encourages me to write faster. It makes my day when i read all the wonderful comments from you all.  I love hearing all your opinions about i! It's hard to believe that you all think i'm such a great writer. This chapter's dedication goes to @Dreamingofperfect21. You're comment was amazing along with the others. If you wonder how i pick who my dedications go to, its kinda by random. I look at the comments and try to pick the one i like the best and who i think i havent given a dedication to lately haha. Anyways, Happy thanksgiving to everyone and i will update as soon as i can!!! :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8 0 1
Six teenagers and three kids are kidnapped by a man who has already caused too much pain. They must fight to survive, but not all of them will... Thi...
738 21 7
Here's an extremely cringy book I write awhile go! (*cries* don't judge me, okie? I was like 15 when I wrote this!) Warning! Read at your own risk...
478 10 15
Years ago, she was a defenseless child, crying from all of the pain and humiliation the vile men forced her to endure. "One of these days, I'll come...
1.7K 23 110
What happens when betrayal mars innocent hearts in love? What happens when innocence is destroyed and a monster is created? What happens when judgeme...