Key To My Heart (On Hold)

By Ali___Ha0203

Lucas Knight is a cold hearted billionaire who doesn't take no for an answer and is very arrogant. He doesn't... More

Prologue
Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Author's Note
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16

Chapter-2

65 7 1
By Ali___Ha0203

I woke up by the sound of alarm. I lazily got up from my bed. I went to the bathroom and finished my morning routine. I changed into my clothes and went to have breakfast.

After eating I grab my phone locked my doors and went to get a cab.

By the time I reach it was 7:45 am. I went in the building. I greeted the receptionist whose name I got to know was Lily. I reached my floor and went to Mrs. Collins,"Good morning, Mrs. Collins."I greeted. "Good morning Olive. Oh I hope you don't mind me calling you Olive?" She asked unsure."I don't mind. So I guess you would tell me about my job." I said after she sent me a warm smile which I returned.
"Yes, Lucas told me. Come with me, I will show you your office ."she said and went towards my office with me. "Lucas?" I asked not knowing who she was talking about."Lucas. Lucas Knight our CEO."she replied."Oh" was all I replied. So his name is Lucas."Dear this is your office. The door over there leads to the office of Lucas. You will be scheduling his meetings,  attending the  meetings with him and taking notes also to bring his coffee. He likes his coffee black with no sugar and he takes it 2 times a day. One he wants as he arrives and one after noon." She said my to do list.
" When does he arrives?" I asked. " He comes at 9." Ok,thank you Mrs.Collins." I thanked her. "Oh dear call me rose."she said and I just nodded smiling. Then she showed me around. I loved my office though everything was black but still it was very beautiful

He came at 9 o'clock sharp. He was looking handsome in his suit. I didn't get to see him properly yesterday as I was very nervous and all the time during the interview he working while asking me questions.
He truly is devilishly handsome with his sharp jawline, dark brown eyes. His lips.... ahh snap out of it Olivia. He is your boss. I had already made his coffee and kept it in his office. I also collected his schedule for today from Rose as she was handling it untill he find himself a assistant. I grab his schedule and went to his office.

I knocked on the door. After hearing "Come in". I went inside. "Good morning. Mr. Knight." I greeted and he just gave me a nod." Today you have a board meeting at 10:30 am. Then you have a meeting with Mr. Parker. And you  have a conference meeting with Mr. King." I told him his schedule and look up to see he that is already looking at me. He stared at me for a few more seconds then clear his throat,"Ok. Arrange this files in your office and revise this file also I need you to come in the board meeting with me. Remind me about it  later." He said and went work in his computer. I went to my office and started arranging the files. After 1 hour I was done with it.

I was now following Mr. Knight to the conference room. We went inside. He went to his seat in the front and I went to sit on the left of him. The meeting started and I was taking notes. He was asking questions about the progress of the company and giving and taking opinions. The meeting finished after two hours. I was doing some paper work when the adjacent door open and Mr. Knight came,
"I am going to have my lunch outside." He said. "But sir you have meeting with Mr. Parker." I said."I am going to meet him at lunch instead." He replied. "Oh" was I could say.

I had my lunch with Rose as I don't know anyone else. After lunch I came back ,he wasn't back yet. So I started to do the paper work. I was almost done with it when I felt someone's gaze on me. I look up and saw him looking at me. I cleared my throat to get his attention.
" Are you finished with the file I gave you?" He asked. "I am almost done." I replied. "Okay. I need the file in an hour." He said. "Okay, sir" I replied. He nodded  and went to his office.

I am finished with the file  so I am bringing it to him. I knocked on his door twice and went inside. "Sir here is the file." He took it from me." Bring me my coffee." He ordered me. Can't he be a little bit polite. Oh how can I forget he is famous for his cold attitude and arrogance. He is known as the devil in business world.

I went to the break room made his coffee and went to him with it. I gave him his coffee and went inside my office to start the next file. It was 5 my work ends at that time. I went to his office and knocked in his door. After he said come in. I went inside," Sir, it's already 5pm, i am done with my work. Do you need me for anything?" "No, Ms. Smith. You can go." With that I went to my office and grab my bag and went out of office.

I unlocked my door. Drop myself on my couch as I was exhausted. Finally home sweet home.  My first day went pretty well. I changed my clothes ate my dinner and went to sleep.

The next few days went well. It was Friday and was currently talking with Mr. King's assistant Jenny.
"I am sorry but Mr. King will not be able to come on Monday. As he have some family matter to take care." Said Jenny. "Ok can we reschedule it in  Tuesday."I asked. "Sure its fine." Jenny replied. I thanked her and hang up.

I pick the files which Mr. Knight needed for the next meeting and made my way to his office. "Here is file that you asked for and Mr. King will not be able to come Monday as he have some family matter to handle. I have rescheduled it for Tuesday."

" Ok book my ticket for LA for tomorrow, I will not be coming to office untill Monday." I nodded," I want you to complete this files. Before I return." He said in his usual cold tone, by this time I have got used to it ."Okat, sir".I replied and went to my office carrying those files. I settle those in my office. And started working on it.

This is the third file I have done. Does he really have to give me 20 files to compete. Jerk. I guess I have to bring it home with me. Here goes my weekend.

It 8 pm. I should go home and complete this, I thought and got up to see if he was still here. I went to his office knocked and went inside. "I am going home, do you need me for anything?" I asked. "Are you taking the files with you?" He asked. If he wasn't my boss I sure as hell I would slap the hell out of him. "Yes, sir" I replied in a monotone. "Ok ,Ms. Smith you can go." I went out of his office to mine. I grabbed my bag and walk out of office. I took a cab home. When I reached I paid and went to my apartment, unlocked my door let myself fall on the couch. I am so tired. That asshole . Does he need really need to give me 20 files to complete that to with in Monday. Like seriously I was thinking to spend my weekend relaxing as I that was a hectic of a week. Yeah I know that have started like what 3 weeks but that devil was not easy on me. He would give me tons of work to do and shout at me for silly things. I freshen up, ate my dinner and started with the files.

I was on my 6th file. I have completed 3 files in the office. I decided to go to bed now as I was drained. I got up went in my bedroom changed my clothes brushed my teeth and I went to bed. I was out  as soon my head touched the pillow.

I woke up and turned to see it was 11 in the morning. I never slept this much before. I did my morning routine and went to eat after I was complete I cleaned the apartment. I started with the files.

I was on my 10 the file when my doorbell ring I answered it and saw it was Layla.  "Olive, what are you doing sitting in your house in Saturday?" She asked." Well hello to you too. And I am not sitting here  because I wished. My jerk boss made me." I said letting her in.
"What do you mean?" She asked with a confused look. I sighed and showed her the files. " My goodness girl. Is he crazy or something?" She exclaimed." I know right. So tell me what brings you here?" I asked as we settled in the couch." Oh I had came to asked you if you wanna hang out with me and David." She said. " I would love to but you know I have complete this before Monday. So I guess next week. I promise." I made a my puppy eyes before she can argue. She signed "ok." We catch up a bit then left me doing the files.

It was dark outside and I had just 5 files were left. I will do it tomorrow I thought and ordered take out for dinner. After I finished eating I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

It was Sunday afternoon and I am  just  finished with the files. I had to go to grocery shopping. So I changed my clothes into a light blue jeans and a black shirt. I put my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my phone and bag and went out. After I was done shopping I went to at a cafe nearby as I was hungry. After I reached home I put away the things I brought. I got changed brushed my teeth and went to bed. Before I sleep I thought that I was going to meet the devil tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 183 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
3.3K 280 40
In the fast paced corporate world, Lucas Knight is the founder and CEO of THE KNIGHTS' CORPORATION. He is a man of action rather than words, and a re...
9.5M 289K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
1.1M 40.6K 39
Jacob Parker,CEO of Parker's Inc. Very wealthy and successful CEO. Arrogance,anger and hatred is what he has in his heart. On the outside,he seems li...