Best Of Enemy's

By Hazel3630

We all have someone that grinds our gears. That person who just annoys your soul. Someone who you just wish w... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight

Five

43 1 0
By Hazel3630

Pulling up into his drive way. I felt some butterflies in my stomach. This was kinda weird. He parked the car and got out heading toward his front door. When he got to the door he looked back and saw I was still in  the car. 

"You coming?" He asked. I nodded. I pushed the door open. Stepping out the car and walking up the path. Their house was pretty big. It was built from the ground up. It made all the other houses look like cabins.

When I got to the door  he opened it, giving me the right away. "Ladies first." He smiles. I walk in. The place was even bigger on the inside. I'm sure my face showed my shock and amazement.

"Make yourself at home." He says heading towards the back. I walked into the living room sitting on the couch. I heard a fridge open, then close, he came back into the living room with two bottles of water. 

"Loosen up." He encourage. He put space between us on the couch. He sat down facing me. Was he trying to make me feel comfortable. He looks at me and smiles. "Alright break this down for me Lopez." He used my last name so casually.

"Well this bet will have the same standard as a real relationship, so I expect you to understand what comes with one." I start off. He looked kinda confused.

"So this means what exactly?" He asks. I sigh. Of course he doesn't know the standards of a real monogamous relationship. He's been banging girls religiously for  years.

"As a boyfriend you have to love and respect me." I explain slowly.

"Love?" He asked confused.  His face seemed to blush a bit.

"I meant like ideally." I add on.

"Sure you did." He teased poking my side. I smack his hand away. Why does he feel the need to touch me.

"Anyway. All that to say, no cheating, Meaning no kissing or sleeping with any females and/or males." I tease.

He sighed. "Sounds easy." I could tell he was unsure.  Oh this was in the bag.

"Is that a issue? Cause we can end the bet here and—"

"Nope, you got it girlfriend. no hanky panky with other girls.....or boys." He winked. I chuckled.

"Okay. Matter of fact let's list them out." I pulled out my notebook from my book bag and started to write out my requirements. After I was done I handed them to him. He read them aloud.

"Number one, No cheating ( kissing or any sexual contact)
Number two, No lying. Number three, Be loyal. Number four, Take me out every Friday night. Hey
Number five, Do not tell anyone." He smiles. "This seems doable."

I scoff. "It's doable when you care and want to commit to someone." I explain. Nods his head in understanding.

He looked at the paper and squinting. The he looked at me. "What does "3 strikes, 2 outs" rule mean?"

"You have three times to mess up in terms of  rules 2 through 4 but 1 and 5 are automatic outs."

He then stood up nodding his head then held out his hand. "Shake on it?" He had that cocky smirk in his face

"You gotta deal."

We shook hands.

"Oh your going down Nathan," I say confidently. I had this in the bag. "See you tomorrow boyfriend." I say walking out the door. I strolled across his lawn to my house. That position was mine.

**********

My grandma was making her famous chicken fajita soup. It smelled heavenly, almost godly. She smiled as she stirred the pot. The kitchen was my Grandmas favorite place in the house. She was in her element here, all her stressing and worries leave a soon as she starting a-cooking. It was her escape.

"Do you think I should dye my hair Red again?" My nana, had beautiful hair, soft to the touch. The black and little lines of sliver from her roots slowing turning red you go down.

I shake my head no. "I actually love your salt and pepper hair. Maybe try some braids?" I suggest.

She laughs. "Oh please, I could never pull those off at my age." She adds garlic pepper into the pot shaking her head at the idea.

"Is it almost done Grandma?"  I ask looking over the pot, red chili fajita soup.

She side eyes me and chuckled, "No Tania. You been asking me that for 20 minutes."

Sighing dramatically, "I'm starving..." I whine. She smiled at me and Pointed at the fridge. "There's some fresh guacamole in there, top shelf. Chips on top of the fridge."

My mood instantly boosted as I darted for the chips and guacamole. I dug right in. The best guacamole in all the world. I looked up as I hear someone walking towards the kitchen. It was Maxwell my aunts husband. He brought in some groceries. "Here ya go Maria."  He set them on top of the counter.

"Thank you Max." She hugs him.

"Hey Nia, your aunts wants you,  she's at the car."

I nod and head to the door. I see my aunt at her car unloading her trunk.

"Hey! Tania please you help me grab these."

I jogged to the car and saw the pots and pans. They looked sleek and expensive.

"You bought her a new kitchen set." I say excited.

She nodded and smiled. "Mama been wanting these for months so I finally was able to get a good deal on it."

"How much?" I ask. She side eyed me and mumbled something. "Huh?" I ask not hearing anything she mumbled. "Three hundred forty three dollars." She said  lightly and clearly this time.

I almost choked on the little bit of chip I was still chewing on. "What the hell, where did you get that money?"

"Hey watch your mouth and Nia I work a job."

"You barely make 10 bucks a hour at that job,"

"Let me guess Maxwell bought it, telling you not to worry and he's got your back."

My aunt blushed. "My husband loves me and my family, is that a crime?"

I shake my head, "Its just your starting to become dependent, 6 months ago you guys were headed for divorce and we were gonna move back in with Nana."

"Well things are good now, really good actually. He wants to renew our vows for our 5 year anniversary." My aunt seem to be officially back in cloud nine with her husband, which isn't a bad thing it's just they seem to be two different people and they always butt heads, how could that work in a lifetime partnership.

I shrugged and nodded my head. "Congrats."
My aunt smiled at me and gave me a hug, "I love you Tania, you know that? as if your were my own. We're gonna get you into college I promise."

I smiled into her neck. "Thanks Auntie."

One thing was for sure I had a great family who had my back and loved me to death and I was grateful but love couldn't pay tuition.

Today felt like a off one, as soon as I woke up, everything seemed to be different. My mind had seemed to forget about all my problems for a spilt second and then the reality washed over me.  My mind seemed to be dazzled over the choice I had made putting my future in the hands of a bet.

My confidence had went down from before. The little seeds of doubt filled my mind, the maybe's and what if's. No way Nathan was gonna win but what if exceptions didn't exceed reality. 

I had had been reading the same page over and over.

Schools offered to let kids come one hour early on Monday's and Wednesdays to study or finish up projects etc.  I was doing SAT prep but couldn't focus. The library was quiet and had only me and Gina Francisco. She barely spoke a word to me but I wasn't really bothered by it she was a a quiet person who kept to herself.

I was so into my thoughts I didn't hear anyone enter the library. 

Not five seconds later Nathan casually but his arm around me. "Hello beautiful." He planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. My heart jumped at the quick but small gesture. He was already to comfortable with our little arrangement. I notice a few girls looking my way through the library window. I didn't even realize school was starting.

"Nathan stop playing," I attempted to make things cordial but I think his gesture left a impression. I started gathering my books.

"So I talked to Britney and told her that I would no longer be in contact with her or Chelsea." He smiled. I removed my self from the table and headed out the library, but Nathan was close behind me.

I shrugged. "Good for you?" I say confused.

"This is my first step on taking the role of a boyfriend, cutting ties with all my flings." he explains. He grabs my hand. "I know your hoping I fail but I'm telling you I won't."

"Please, you won't last a week Boyfriend. I'll be dumping you by Friday." I snatch my hand away.

"Sure, sure. But I was telling you so you know you probably now have a target on your back." He brings his hand to the side of his face trying to cover his words from those around us.

I laughed. "You think I'm worried about Chelsea? Or Britney?" I asked. He shrugged. "They can be brutal Nia."

"Trust me, I highly doubt I have anything to worry about." I say rolling my eyes. He smirked. "Your so feisty, its Turing me on."

I couldn't help but smile at his remark. "Your so goofy," I say shaking my head. "I could sneeze and you be turned on." I finally made it to my locker and opened it up.

"I wouldn't go that far, though maybe a cough."

I chuckled.

"Whatever. If you don't mind I have to get to class." I grabbed my text books and closed my locker.

"Alright girlfriend." He grabbed my chin and kissed my cheek. I smacked his arm instantly. "Don't do that!" I immediately looked around, checking if anyone notice.

"Whatever you say girlfriend." He smiled waking his self down the hall.

It was as if Nathan could see the future because in Art class, Chelsea side eyed me the whole time, literally. Usually I would go up to her and ask her what her problem was but I already knew and knowing that she thinks me and Nathan are together, she's just boiling up inside. And that's a automatic win if you ask me. I thought Maybe she would confront me but she didn't nor did Brittney the whole day I just got glares by almost every girl I saw. Whispers and side eye all day.

Miranda kept reminding me how dumb it was to even consider a relationship with Nathan and how I was gonna end up heartbroken and how weird it was we got together so quickly. Which we're all valid points in which I had a rebuttal.

"Nathan isn't the guy you think he is, the other day after work we starting talking  about our family's and how we both feel like the odd man out then boom instant connection, couldn't fight it."

She obviously didn't buy it but left it alone after that. Crazy how fast words spread.

Even at work, everybody seemed to know already.

"I think I'll work the cotton candy machine with Amelia." I say, starting to write my name on the schedule. Nathan grabbed my hand.

"No let's work the Ravens Claw together," he smiled taking the pen out my hand.

"I think we should put some space between us," I pointed back and forth between me and him. He looked confused. "Why?" He asked. I chuckled. "Why?" I repeat. "Because we haven't been "Together" a full 24 hours and I've gotten death glares and side eye all damn day." I explain.

He rolls his eyes. "So what? Let them stare, there just jealous. I made you the most envied girl in the school. Your welcome." He says with a proud smile. I immediately scoffed. This dickhead thought he did me service. I almost smacked that grin off his face.

"Listen boyfriend respect my wishes and give me space." I swipe the pen outta his hand and put my name next to Amelia's. "Thanks sweetie." I say in a fake smile walking past him, turning the corner out of the office I bump into someone. "Sorry," I say looking up.

"Boyfriend?" I hear a familiar voice say. It was Liam.

"Liam!" I say as my throat closed and the blood drained from my face. "Hey...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 2.1K 74
'Why are you staring at me like that?' 'I haven't seen you in a while. I was curious to see if you've changed.' 'So what do you think? Did I get old...
828K 27.9K 33
Alexander walker and Dylan Ross. Two inseparable and most importantly 'straight' best friends who just like to mess around. What could go wrong betwe...
20.3K 480 9
Your best friends with Susan Gardner. After a new kid joins the school your life begins to change, for better or worst? You start to feel feelings fo...
1.2M 23.6K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...