Living with Jennifer Lawrence

By GirlyDramaqueen

❝It all began and ended with her.❞ Book Two of Two: Being adopted isn't as great as it seems. And to think... More

[1:] Right Place, Right Time
[2:] I'm Sorry
[3:] Discovery
[4:] Begin Again
[5:] Key Events
[6:] Girl's Night In
[7:] Chaz Bono
[8:] High School
[9:] Lost but Found
[10:] Over-Reaction
[12:] Rescue Me
[13:] Annoying
[14:] Worth a Shot
[15:] We Won't Forget
[16:] Catfish
[17:] Monday Madness
[18:] Flying
[19:] To Paris
[20:] France
[21:] Proposal
[22:] Answer
[23:] One Long Day
[24:] Memories
[25:] Halloween Party
[26:] L.A. Premiere
[27:] Children?
[28:] Louisville Game
[29:] Planning
[30:] Wedding
[31:] Good News
[32:] Thoughts
[33:] Girl on Fire
[34:] Haircut
[35:] Punished
[36:] Talking
[37:] Fake
[38:] Revenge is Sweet
[39:] Jailbreak Part 1
[40:] Jailbreak Part 2
[41:] Guess what?
[42:] Snitch
[43:] Dinner Disaster
[44:] Helping Him Out
[45:] Bad News
[46:] Sharing the News
[47:] The Dress
[48:] Second Chances
[49:] Caught
[50:] Punishment
[51:] Wanted
[52:] Runaway Love
[53:] Worth Dying For
Quick Question...
[54:] Meeting New People
[55:] Hell Breaks Loose
[56:] Confrontation
[57:] Why?
[58:] Appointment
[59:] Conan
[60:] Unfair
[61:] Surprise!
[62:] Bundle of Joy
[63:] Break
[64:] Rainbow Baby
[65:] Sweet Sixteen
[66:] Big Fight
[67:] Letters
[68:] Homecoming
[69:] First Birthday
[70:] Remember Me?
[71:] Grateful
[72:] Forgiveness
[73:] See You Again
[74:] New Man
[75:] College Party
[76:] Forever Changed
[77:] Happy Place
[78:] Bubble Boy
[79:] Exposed
[80:] Results
[81:] Clinic
[82:] Big Reveal
[83:] Mistakes
[84:] Coming Out
[85:] Movie Stars
[86:] Last Day
[87:] Dear Baby
[88:] Eighteen
[89:] Japan
[90:] Gender Reveal
[91:] Oh Baby
[92:] Melanie
[93:] Prom
[94:] Yale
[95:] Labor
[96:] Funeral
[97:] Epilogue
Thank you!
Q & A

[11:] Helpless

1.7K 107 80
By GirlyDramaqueen

I told myself I wouldn't do this, but too many people have wanted it to happen... so, here you go.

Maddie's P.O.V.

Throughout the day I've been wondering about Jason. Trying so hard to remember him, but I can't.

We were only four when we were separated, and to think I would remember something. But no, my mind is a blank space. Hardly any memory of him whatsoever.

When the final bell rung, I exited Spanish class. So far, it's hard. Miss Perez, or should I say, Señora Perez doesn't make the class any easier. This week I had to have the entire spanish alphabet memorized, and then recite it to the class. Why do the weird letters such as ñ, even exist?

Sure enough, Jason was waiting for me in our usual spot in the back, his head resting against the window.

“A few minutes, remember?” I remind him. “Then I'm going home and hopefully won't speak of this again. I'm happy where I'm living at, and you should be too.”

He nods in response.

“I think Macy is excited to see you, she hasn't seen you since we were four, and our mother gave me away, and you got to stay.”

“You know, I don't get that,” I say. “Why did you get to stay with our aunt? Why didn't she take both of us?”

“Easy. She couldn't afford it.”

“So for all of these years, you've been in Chicago?”

“Pretty much,” he sits back. “You didn't tell your legal guardian about this, did you?”

“Why? Would that be a problem?”

I was testing his limits. I didn't tell Jen yet but am planning on to this afternoon.

“N--No, not at all.”

“Good.”

***

Their house isn't as nice as our place.

It's two stories tall, and had a small palm tree in the front yard. Paint was chipping in some spots, the windows a tad dirty. The flowers, dead and wilted.

The grass could use a trimming, that's for sure. And to think Jason being a boy and all, he'd help out with the yard work.

My phone was in my pocket, in case of emergencies.

I felt uncomfortable being here. It wouldn't be too late to turn back. . .

Jason knocked on the door and a woman answered.

Tears welled up into her eyes. “Madison, is that really you?”

She looked like my mother, just a tiny bit. Other than the pale blue eyes and light complexion, she made little resemblance to my mother. Her hair was dyed brown, I could tell, her eyebrows were fairly light. She wore a plain white tee with baggy, ripped jeans.

The house wasn't so bad, could've been a little more clean, but whatever.

The hissing of a kettle startled me a bit.

“Oh, that must be the tea!” Macy said. “Sit down, Madison, make yourself at home.”

Home? Home is where the people I love is. Home is where Jen is, waiting for me.

I sat on a chair in the kitchen, just as Macy poured some tea into a mug.

She placed the cup in front of me, and I was hesitant to drink it.

“It's all right. It's just tea, drink up, it'll calm you down.”

Jason sat across from me, looking through his backpack.

Macy sat between us. On my right, on Jason's left. We were sitting on a circular shaped table.

While Macy wasn't looking, I took a quick whiff of the dark liquid, for all I knew, she'd added something to it.

I took a small sip, and Macy smiled widely at me, creeping me out.

“Hi, Madison,” Macy started. “I'm your mother's sister, your aunt.”

I rolled my eyes, could she possibly think I was that stupid?

“You probably don't remember me, you were too young. I invited you other so we. . .could catch up,” she smiled wickedly at me, making me more uncomfortable.

“Okay,” I tell her.

“Your mother and I weren't as close as I'd liked, but that's fine,” Macy started. Where was she going with this? “Let's talk about the present, shall we. What matters most is that we've united once again. Over the years, we've missed you dearly. Tell me, Madison, do you remember me?

“I can't say I do.”

“Such a shame, your mother never wanted you to see me, thought I was crazy. But I'm not crazy, you hear me?” she shouted at the end.

Macy took a deep breath. “Sorry about that, that is no way to treat a guest.” She got up to get a tin box filled with fancy cookies. “Cookie?”

I politely declined although she insisted. I grabbed one and took a bite.

“Jason, how about you do you homework in your room, give us some space, will you?”

“But I always do my homework---”

“Go!” Macy snapped at him and off he went.

Him leaving made me more nervous.

“Again, excuse my behavior, as I was saying. . .”

My vision began to feel fuzzy, and I couldn't understand why. Macy's words became mashed together, I was unable to comprehend anything she was saying.

I felt the cold, hard, tile floor along with Jason's shouts and screams.

Everything was blurring together and the easiest thing to do was to give in.

***

The freezing cold was what woke me.

The feeling, being hopeless, reminded me of living with the Smith's, and you remember how that turned out.

I was unfamiliar of this place. This, what you'd call a basement. My head was pounding as I tried to sit up.

This isn't home, I thought to myself.
I'm not laying in my warm and cozy bed, tucked beneath the sheets. And Jen, she was nowhere to be seen.

The house was filled with a silence that drove me crazy. Surely this wasn't a dream, Mrs. Smith is gone, she just had to be!

When Macy came in, I wasn't sure how to react. I wasn't sure if I felt more relieved or terrified.

“Madison, I'm sorry it had to be this way, it had to be done.”

What was she talking about?

“You see, I can't afford to pay for this house anymore. Let alone take care of it. But, I know someone who can.”

I tried to move, but my leg was hand-cuffed to a pipe. “Really?”

“I'm sorry, dear. It's just that if I let you in here alone, I knew you'd scurry off and tell your. . .legal guardian.

“That's my mother you're talking about,” I muttered through gritted teeth.

“Mother? Ha! You wish,” Macy spat.

“Your mother isn't here.”

“What do you want from me?” I say weakly.

“Nothing. It's just that I can't afford to lose this place. I can't keep up with the payments, you know? We can only stretch government money so far.”

She continued before I could speak.

“You'll go back home. . .after I get some money. I handcuffed, or should I say, leg-cuffed,” she chuckles to herself, “you because if not, you'd escape. And I need you Madison to bring Jennifer here. Once Jennifer finds out about your sudden disappearance, she'll go looking for you, trust me. When she hands over some cash, then I'll give you back. Like I said, I don't need you, I need some of this,” she presses her fingers together and rubs them, as if to indicate money.

Really, Macy? You kidnapped me for ransom? You're pathetic.

I checked my pockets in search of my phone.

“Looking for this?” Macy taunts me as she holds my precious phone in her hands.

Then she drops it, causing it to crack.

“Oops, guess I got butterfingers.”

She leaves the phone there, knowing I'm unable to reach it.

“Dinner will be served later.”

“Once Jason finds out, you'll get caught. He'll call the cops!” I snarl at her.

“Oh, sure. He doesn't know about this.”

“But, I heard his screams---”

“That's what you think. I'm not stupid, you know. Never underestimate me. Right now he's in school. For all he knows, you went home. I told him you left when he came downstairs.”

I try to wiggle free, but this only causes the handcuffs to dig into my skin, and I wince.

“Have fun.”

“Wait!” I call out before she leaves.

“What if I have to pee?”

“Hadn't thought about that. Sounds like a personal problem. That'll be funny, you'll be found in a pool of your own urine.”

Once she closes the door, I scream until my lungs hurt. I thrash and kick to attempt an escape, but nothing works.

So I'm left all alone here.

Helpless.

^~^
Did I do okay on this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 2.1K 38
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK THIS BOOK ISNT EDIT ‼️ "I'm broken but I ain't done yet " Lily Gray a broken girl yet she don't show it her beautiful eyes be...
66.1K 2.4K 38
❝ what the fuck is that?❞ ❝ it's a lizard emma. ❞ She adopted her girlfriend, kinda weird.... ∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇∇...
598K 14K 100
❝She has no idea, the effect she can have.❞ -Suzanne Collins Book One of Two: Madison has been living from foster home to foster home ever since her...
679 99 18
I'm not here to write a romance with a happy ending, I'm writing to prove life isn't always perfect, in most cases it never is, especially when it co...