[92:] Melanie

Maddie

I had a hard time fitting into the desks at school.

At first, I would sit at an angle, trying to breathe, and eventually, it became too much of a hassle. My teachers were nice enough to let me sit in the back of the class with a chair and table that weren't connected.

The baby should arrive before I have to go back to school in August, but it'll definitely be a challenge, having to continue with my education and raise a baby at the same time.

I decided to take a year off so I could be with my baby. Jen wasn't too thrilled that I wasn't going to college right away, but she understood why I made the decision that I did. In the end, she wasn't upset.

I wrote about that experience to my baby that I haven't named yet.

Dear Baby,

Only a few months until you're here! Saying I'm excited would be an understatement.

After everything that's happened, I didn't think about college so much. I had other things to worry about. I talked with my mama and she wasn't thrilled at my decision to take a year off. A lot of people who say that end up not going to college. But don't you worry, I'll go. I promise to do whatever to make your life easier. I'm thinking about becoming a veterinarian because I love animals! Instead of being a crazy cat lady, I want to be a crazy dog lady. I'm totally okay with owning twenty dogs.

I also just realized that you don't officially have a name yet, and I don't know what I should call you! I was thinking of waiting until you were born to come up with something, but I changed my mind. I want to really think about it.

Before, I told you that my room was a mess. I hadn't organized anything yet, but my parents help me set everything up. Part of the room is mine, and the other part is yours. You have a cute crib, and I bought a mobile to hang above you, so you could have something to look at. There's a rocking chair right next to the crib, where we'll spend lots of time together. I'll feed you, and burp you, and put you to sleep. The "baby's library" box is by the rocking chair, and I'll read to you every night. There's a lot of books to choose from.

I reorganized my dresser and stored your clothes in there. You're gonna be the cutest baby ever, I just know it! I even bought us some matching outfits, so we can be adorable together.

Austin is excited to meet you, too. He isn't here right now, he's in Japan, but he loves it when I talk about you. When he gets back, he said he would buy you more things. He wants to spoil you rotten. You'll have everything you need.

Love, Mom

***

By the time I made it home, I began to search up baby name ideas. I figured it was about time to do so. I kept the same outfit and makeup on, because I didn't feel like taking them off. I looked ahead, and saw her side of the room all set up, and yet she had no name.

 I looked ahead, and saw her side of the room all set up, and yet she had no name