[34:] Haircut

Focus on the hair, not the fact that it's Selena Gomez.

Maddie's P.O.V.

That same day, I was taken to a professional hair stylist. My damaged hair needed lots of help and attention.

On the way to the salon, I looked up different celebrities that had short hairstyles, because I knew for a fact that my locks needed to be chopped off; they were practically ruined.

Once we got there, the stylist's eyes widened at my horrible hair, but no questions were asked. Surprisingly.

I sat in a salon chair, the stylist draped over me, and my transformation begins.

●════════●♥●════════●

The stylist spun the chair around when she was finished, and asked "What do you think?"

Surely I wasn't used to the length, for the fact that it's up to my shoulders, but I told her I loved it anyway.

I wonder what people at school are going to think.

●════════●♥●════════●

"Woah," Crystal said to me as soon as I walked in on Monday. "You got a hair cut?"

I bothers me sometimes that people ask dumb questions.

"Yeah," I replied. I was in no mood to argue. "I had a long weekend."

"Didn't you celebrate your birthday on Friday?" she asked. I would've said that me and my brother celebrated it, but I soon realize that I never told my best friend I had a twin brother.

Should I tell her?

"Um, Crystal. . ." I start off. I have to say, I'm a bit nervous telling her this kind of news, but she would have found out anyways, right? "You see, I did celebrate my birthday on Friday, but. . ."

"But what? Maddie, you can tell me. I'm your best friend!"

I exhaled deeply while continuing on my horrific looking clay project. We are in Ceramics class.

Crystal wiped a bit of sweat from her forehead.

"I have a twin brother," I blurted out.

She gasped. "I didn't know you had a twin brother! Is he cute?"

"Eww, gross. Why would anyone think he's cute?" I pretend to gag. "You know this is my brother we're talking about."

"Well, sorry for asking," she mumbled. "I still can't believe you have a twin brother and never told me about him. Does he go to school here?"

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes. "So, how's your sister, Chelsea?"

"She's in college right now. Wants to be a forensic scientist or something like that."

"Right."

"What's his name?" Crystal presses further. Why won't she leave this alone?

"Jason. . . Look, for the longest time, I didn't even know I had a twin. I found out recently."

"What do you mean 'you didn't know you had a twin'? That's crazy, Maddie. You and I both know that."

"It's a long story and I don't want to explain right now. I just want to finish this project and go home."

●════════●♥●════════●

That night, after dinner and homework, I knocked on Jason's door to see him playing one of those Grand Theft Auto games.