= Living in infamy = (Infamou...

By Cosmic_Nobody

In a world where 80% of the population has genetic powers or mutations called "quirks", it rare but not impos... More

(Y/N)'s Bio
Chapter 1: Unwanted, yet needed
Chapter 2: Welcome home, (Y/N).
Chapter 3: Oh boy, entrance exams...yay.
A Note From Cosmic_Nobody.
Chapter 4: In Class 1-A, Where all your dreams come true! (Not really.)
Chapter 5: Combat training and wombat maiming
Chapter 5.5: Where There's Smoke...
Chapter 6: Light 'Em Up
Chapter 7: Ghost of Criminals past
(Y/N)'s Bio: Now with 100% more Eyes glow memes!
Chapter 8: Recovery and Experimentaion
Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch
Chapter 9: A Weight off Your Chest
Chapter 10: The UA Sports Festival! (Yay.)
Chapter 11: Lots of pain, and...well, that's it.
Chapter 12: Explosions, Explosions, and More Explosions
Chapter 13: You're Hot Then You're Cold, You're Yes Then You're No...
Chapter 14: Date With The Nerd
Chapter 14.5: The Calm...
Chapter 15: The Name Game
Psssst. Hey.
Chapter 16: Painful Painful Training
Chapter 17: You Can't Save Everyone
Chapter 17.5: ...Before the storm
Chapter 18: Investigation
Chapter 19: Final Exams
Chapter 20: Summer Camp
Chapter 22: Let The Sparks Fly
(Y/N)'s Bio 3: Zip-Zapping Jubilee
Chapter 23: The Taken King
Chapter 24: The End Of An Era
I was tagged for a thing by a guy.
Chapter 25: A Moment of Peace
Chapter 26: He Who Dwells
Chapter 27: Ultimate moves
Chapter 28: Face to Face
Chapter 29: Deep Dark
Chapter 30: Homesick
Chapter 31: Old "Friends"
Chapter 32: The Escapee of Curdun Cay
Chapter 33: Prayer of the Refugee
Chapter 34: What We Leave Behind
Chapter 35: Come As You Are

Chapter 21: Brothers in Arms

3K 72 146
By Cosmic_Nobody

My sources get a little spotty from here on out, so if the koala tea of my story also gets spotty...Well, at least I have an excuse.

And I know exactly what I said.
————————————————————

(Y/N) POV

Everyone is sleeping. That's to be expected. They had a hard day today, and it'll only get harder from here. They need rest, but what I need is something to do. I can't do any vigilante stuff right now, I'm not in the city! I'm in the middle of a forest camp!

Why did I have to take a nap? Now I can't sleep! And I can't even cuddle with Izumi because the Girls and boys sleep separate!

So, as I sit here on this roof alone, all I can really do right now is play with a butterfly knife that I stole. And yes, I am admitting to stealing something. It's called character growth.

???: "So..."

I'd recognize that gravelly voice anywhere. I'm almost getting used to him being here again, but what I wanna know is-

(Y/N): "How did you get here?"

Cole: "Why aren't you asleep?"

(Y/N): "answer my question first."

Cole climbs up to the roof, sitting next to me. I stow my knife away in my jacket.

Cole: "I walked here."

(Y/N): "Really?"

Cole: "Yeah. I just got here."

(Y/N): "Well then...I can't sleep. Got some...Uh...Things on my mind."

Cole: "Like the need to be on patrol?"

(Y/N): "Since when do you have telepathy? Other than that time with the tar which I am...Still confused about."

Cole: "Does your class know what you are?"

(Y/N): "Only 3 of them, not counting the teachers."

I Readjust my beanie out of nervousness of where this conversation could be heading.

Cole: "You should tell them."

God damn it, it's heading where I thought it was.

(Y/N): "I can't, Cole. Most of these guys are rule abiding and follow the law. You know, super lame. If I were tell them that I was a vigilante, they'd probably assume the worst. Sure I'm a thief, I'll admit that much, but I'm not a murderer."

Cole: "...*Sigh*, Maybe that's why you survived the historic district and I was buried. You've only truly tried to kill one person in your entire life."

(Y/N): "Don't remind me of that. You may be back, but you're still different. After all, you did kill two guys and plant a message on their bodies."

Cole: "I was emotional."

(Y/N): "Emotions? You? That's how you know you've changed."

Cole: "Just be glad I've only been killing criminals and not innocent people."

(Y/N): "I don't really see killing criminals as too bad of an act. Still not, you know, great, but I'm not gonna try that hard to stop you. As long as you aren't batshit insane, at least..."

Cole: "I know. After all, you freed that Fetch girl after you learned what she was doing."

(Y/N): "And how do you know that?"

Cole: "Because she told me."

(Y/N): "You talked to her?"

Cole: "Yeah, In a bar. I asked about you and she told me that someone attacked the transport truck she was on and freed her. Told her to go to America. That could only be you."

(Y/N): "What happened to her after that?"

Cole: "Don't know. What I do know is that she owes you one. Her words, not mine."

(Y/N): "Huh...Well then."

Me and Cole then just sorta stared at the horizon in silence for a while. There wasn't anything that needed to be said. I didn't need to ask him where his loyalties lie. Just the fact that we can talk like this, hang out like this...that's enough to convince me that he's at the very least questioning what he's doing. Who knows. Maybe he'll even be one of the good guys again one day.

...

Nah, that's crazy.

Cole: "Hey. Catch."

I feel something hit me, but not something weapon-like. Something more... Mildly heavy clothing-like? Taking whatever Cole just threw at me off my head, I realize what he just gave me. His jacket.

(Y/N): "Cole?"

Cole: "That's the actual reason I came over here. After all, we never did get you any new clothes."

(Y/N): "...Heh."

I put the jacket on over my hoodie. It fits surprisingly well.

(Y/N): "I guess we didn't."

Cole: "I'd better go. Don't want your teachers to know I'm here. Just don't expect me to look how you expect next time you see me."

He then jumped off the roof and off the cliff, into the forest below. Well...I guess I have a new jacket, now. Technically it's not new, but...Eh, semantics.

But, wait. What'd he mean by "look who you expect"?

—————
Meanwhile, In the gay dimension:

Tomura: "(Y/N)..."

(Y/N): "Shigaraki Tomura..."

Tomura: "...Lets get some tea!"

(Y/N): "Wait, What?"

Tomura: "And then afterwords, we can FUCK."

(Y/N): "WAIT WHAT."
—————

Everyone is working on improving their quirks in some way, be it endurance, strength, Range, efficiency, ETC. And what am I doing?

Nothing. I'm doing absolutely fucking nothing. I mean, I am doing something. I'm contemplating what Cole said last night.

: "Does your class know what you are?...You should tell them."

I mean, what's the worst that'll happen if they do find out? Bakugo attacks me? Kaminari and Mina stop talking to me? Shoji stares at me with, like, 3 more than what is generally considered a normal amount of eyes?

Mandalay: "Hey. What's wrong (Y/N)? Why aren't you training like everyone else?"

I turn to my side to see Mandalay sitting down next to me.

(Y/N): "I'd ask where you came from, but I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings. I just...got some stuff on my mind right now, that's all."

Mandalay: "Like?"

(Y/N): "You know how I'm a vigilante?"

Mandalay: "Yes?"

(Y/N): "And you know how thats Illegal?"

Mandalay: "Yes?"

(Y/N): "And you know how my class doesn't know about what I am?"

Mandalay: "So you're thinking about telling them?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. What's the worst that'll happen? The people I actually like already know about my...Lets call it a Work situation."

Except for one, but that's more a love-hate relationship.

Mandalay: "Well, from what I've seen your class is pretty friendly. I'm sure that if you told them, they wouldn't encourage you, but they wouldn't actively try to stop you."

Pretty friendly, huh? Does she not hear Bakugo screaming "damn it" over and over every time she explodantes at the sky?

(Y/N): "Maybe not. Then again, you wouldn't really get it. You've never operated outside the law."

Mandalay: "I guess you're right. Still, your friends are probably gonna find out one way or another."

I pet Mandalay, shaking my head.

(Y/N): "...I'll tell them later. After training."

I don't know if I actually will, but hey. I'll at least think about it.

—————
Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.
—————

After the days training, I had changed into my usual clothes (now with Coles jacket) and joined everyone as they started to make their own curry. Actually, a better way to say that is that they're trying to make their own curry. Bakugo blew up one of the grills.

(Y/N): "Good job."

Bakugo: "Shut up or you're next."

(Y/N): "Hey, at least I don't blow up grills."

Bakugo: "SHUT UP."

(Y/N): "YOU'RE EASY TO TEASE."

Other than that little incident, the whole curry making process went off pretty ok. I wasn't really hungry to be honest. I was more tired than anything, which was weird considering I actually did the least amount of work all things considered. I think the term is "emotionally drained" or something like that. Maybe it's the lack of being able to patrol. Seriously, it's nice being out here and all, but damn does it feel weird.

I caught Izumi staring at me while I was just poking at my food. I assume she's going to ask about the jacket.

Izumi: "What's wrong?"

...I assumed incorrectly.

(Y/N): "Hm?"

Izumi: "You've barely touched your food."

(Y/N): "I've just had a lot on my mind lately. Don't worry about me."

Izumi: "I can't help it."

Smiling, I give her a little kiss on the forehead.

(Y/N): "Like I said, it's just some stuff. More specifically, it's vigilante stuff. You'll understand at least a tiny bit better when you're a pro hero."

I then look around, but something catches my attention. Or rather, something would be catching my attention if they were here. The fact that they aren't is what catches my attention.

Did I mention my attention was caught?

(Y/N): "I'm going to go look for Kota. He's not here and I don't trust a little kid to be alone at night."

After giving Izumi another quick kiss, I pass by a jealous Bakugo and for some reason a seemingly jealous Pixie Bob (I say that because they were both glaring at me and Izumi)(what's with me and blondes?), grab a plate of food for Kota in case he's hungry, and run into the forest. I don't really remember this forests paths that much, but I do remember where a nice cliff is.

Don't ask why I know where a cliff is. It's a long story that I don't feel like telling that culminates in me smacking mandalay with a half thawed chicken and Tiger hitting a high note.

Thankfully, I manage to find Kota on the cliff that overlooks the forest. I was right on one thing today, at least.

(Y/N): "Howdy do da, Amigo."

Kota: "What are you doing here?"

(Y/N): "I brought you food."

Kota: "I don't want your food so Go away! I don't wanna be friends with some hero wannabe."

(Y/N): "I didn't say anything about being friends."

I sit down next to him, his plate of food in between us.

(Y/N): "I'm not gonna ask why you don't like pro heroes. Honestly? A lot of them I don't either."

Kota doesn't respond.

(Y/N): "A lot of them are only in it for the fame and fortune. Hell, I can name a couple right now that aren't as nice as they appear. But let me tell you a secret, Kota."

Kota: "...What?"

(Y/N): "I don't wanna be a pro hero."

Kota: "What?"

(Y/N): "I'm a vigilante, which I'm sure you know is illegal. One day, I was caught after saving a girl from being...attacked, and I was given an ultimatum; Go to UA and become a pro hero, or go to prison. You can see which one I chose."

Kota: "Is that why All the adults treat you like one too?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. Believe it or not, I've worked with Aizawa and the Cats multiple times. They just didn't try to catch me afterwards because it wasn't worth the trouble."

Kota: "Really?"

(Y/N): "That and I kicked tiger in the balls. I'm sure he doesn't wanna relive that."

After sharing a bit of a laugh, Kota and I sat silent for moment before he spoke up again.

Kota: "Can I be a vigilante like you?"

That question caught me off guard, but I need to tell him the truth.

(Y/N): "No."

Kota: "Why not? It went well for you."

Heheheheh...Went well for me, huh?

(Y/N): "Kota...I've lost So...So much. I've lost my family, my friends. I lost my home. When I finally got one thing back, it was distorted, turned into something almost unrecognizable..."

I take off my beanie, and just stare at it for a while, reminiscing about when my mother gave it to me. It was the last present she ever gave me.

(Y/N): "When you're a vigilante, it's not...a happy feeling. It's you against almost everyone, even civilians...Pros hate you, Villains hate you and want you dead, the police hate you. Even those you save, no matter what they say in the moment, no matter how many 'thank you's and 'you're my hero's they say, they hate you. They're afraid of you. You can see it in their eyes."

"When you're a vigilante, the whole world hates you. The whole world couldn't care less about you, no matter what you do for them. The whole world just wants you dead. So tell me kid...can you handle that kind of burden?"

Kota didn't answer. I didn't expect him to. He seems pretty mature for his age, and speaking from my own experience, that's not a good thing since I'm pretty sure this maturity stems from past trauma, but I'm sure he can understand what I'm getting at. I made it pretty clear.

Kota: "N-No..."

(Y/N): "And I don't want you to have to."

Putting my beanie back on, I got up and started to walk away. He's not too far from the camp, and I'm sure he knows the forest much better than me, so I'll trust him to be alone.

Izumi: "There you two are!"

Or maybe he won't be alone.

(Y/N): "I was just heading back. You should Stay with him for a bit. Seems like he needs the comfort."

Izumi: "Alright. I'll see you later."

—————
Hshdisuwjnsjxyxjskisksoapdyxnwoqh.

And that's a fact.
—————

Tests of courage. I mean, I guess it is sorta summer camp standard that we eventually have one, but I just think this is kinda stupid. The 1-B students are trying to scare the 1-A students while the 1-A students search for tags with their names of them. I doubt that 1-B'll actually be able really scare any of us except for grape boy, but Then again, almost nobody here has been traumatized by the loss of family and physical hardship.

I am aware that Todoroki exists.

We drew to see who our partners were, well, those who remained at least. Sero, Sato, Mina, Kaminari, and Kirishima were dragged off by Aizawa for supplementary lessons. The fact that he's able to do it with one arm is just cementing how easy he takes it on me whenever me and him bump into each other during patrols and that makes me feel very upset.

Going back to the draws, I got paired with, as luck would have it, Izumi. That just makes it easier, considering...well, push comes to shove, she's scary power-wise. Personality wise not so much. I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure I could hold a big spider up to her and she'd be freaked out. Villains though, villains are no biggie. Probably. I don't know, I haven't really seen her fight very much.

(Y/N): "So, We just gotta Find our names, huh?"

Izumi: "Yes."

(Y/N): "Sounds easy enough. Don't worry about 1-B. I have a plan."

Izumi: "You can't attack anybody."

(Y/N): "I no longer have a plan."

Izumi: "Hey, before this begins, can I ask you a question?"

(Y/N): "What is it?"

Izumi: "Where'd you get that jacket from?"

FRICK.

See, I'm mild mannered today.

(Y/N): "Space."

Izumi: "13?"

(Y/N): "What? No. I just...Lets just say, I got it from a friend. Had it in my bag and just didn't want to wear it."

Izumi: "Is it...Coles?"

(Y/N): "Yeah."

Izumi: "I'm sorry. I'm sure talking about him is a sensitive subject..."

(Y/N): "Not as much as you might think."

Just then, a muffled gurgling, almost like someone choking on molasses, could be heard echoing through the forest along with the smell of...

Smoke?

Pixie: "Is that you, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "It's not me...There!"

I pointed to a rising cloud of smoke in the distance, coming from blue flames. Then...gunshots. Instinctively, I shielded Izumi As bullets started to zip past me, some landing in my arms and legs. That gurgling from before seems to turn into a screech before whatever fired at me ran off back into the forest.

Izumi: "ARE YOU OKAY?!"

(Y/N): "I'm...I'm fine...Find Kota. He's probably back at the cliff..."

I'm not fine, Bullets hurt. Pixie and mandalay Are both about to chase whatever just attacked me when a lizard guy and someone carrying a some giant wrapped up rectangle appear.

Why does that lizard look familiar? Looks kinda like stain...Only worse. And not in the good way of worse, as in more intimidating, I mean the bad way, as in kinda stupid and I wanna punch him after I go punch whatever just shot me. Before anyone can try to stop me, I'm already running after the shooter, turning to smoke so the bullets just fall out of me or miss.

Whoever or whatever shot me, it's either extremely fast, or able to teleport. I can barely keep up with it, whatever it is being nothing but a glowing white blur through the trees and especially since it KEEPS FUCKING SHOOTING AT ME and SCREECHING. When I finally do manage to catch the damned thing with a punch to the face I pull away to find...

TAR?!

Finally getting a look at what I'm chasing is as if regains it's wobbly footing, my stomach drops at what I thought I would never see again. Then again...

If Cole is back, then why not a reaper conduit?

It it's face was dripping with tar, no facial features being able to be seen as it let out another screech and opened firer again. Unlike last time I fought these things however, I got something on my side.

Smoke powers.

The bullets went through my body as if it weren't even there, me using the same trick I did back at the USJ and with the Todoroki's. What I forgot about however was the fact that these things have a shockwave attack.

I was reminded by being knocked back into a tree.

Lining up a shot with my head, the reaper was suddenly hit by a blast of red lightning in the shoulder, causing it so spasm, panicking and running away. I manage to pry myself away from the tree to see...another massive shock. No pun intended.

???: "'Sup?"

(Y/N): "Holy Shit..."

"Cole?!"

————————————————————

Holy FUCK is it hard to find pictures for the reaper conduit. I mean, I know the first infamous game old but hot damn, I had to into DEVIANTART to find stuff

There is...a surprising amount of R63 reaper conduits on there.

Praise be to me for my commitment to this damn story.

Also, thing:

K bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.1K 64
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
342K 6.4K 16
In a world where 80% of the population has a superpower called "quirk".Midoriya Izuku belongs to the other 20%,because of this he has been bullied by...
137K 3.6K 47
When U.A. High opened its doors for the first time, everyone wanted to go there. With the entire staff being made of top heroes, both retired ones an...
2.1M 101K 75
A germaphode with an extremely powerful quirk refuses to be a hero, which results in a family friend who works at UA to take her under his wing and t...