Ethereal Shadows (Bts x reade...

By Starstarcheers

"What are you hiding?" "It's nothing." ~ "Where is she?" "She was right beh... More

Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
🎉Extra【1】Christmas Special🎄
31
32
33 [Yoongi]
34 [Jimin]
35 [Jin]
36 [Hoseok]
37 [Jungkook]
38 [Namjoon]
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
🎉Extra【2】100k♡
72
73
74
75
76
🎉Extra【3】Christmas Special☃️
🎉Extra【4】 New Year's Special✨
77
78
79
80
81
Diary Entry #1
82

39 [Taehyung]

1K 44 7
By Starstarcheers

Third person's POV
Name: Kim Taehyung
Known as: V
Family members: Father, Mother
Gang: BTS

-

Age: 4

At the age of merely preschool, Taehyung was given a phone. But it wasn't just any type of phone. It was the newest and latest, limited edition smartphone. Costing over 990,000₩. Yet this was nothing. That was just a very small fraction.

You would like to think that Taehyung is extremely pampered. But to a certain extent, yes he was.

He lived in a huge mansion and there were many- too many for Taehyung to count, workers. Every time Taehyung enters the house they bow calling him 'Young Master'.

Taehyung is a smart kid however in preschool he plays a fool. Drawing on walls and all, just for one particular reason.

-

Age: 7

As Taehyung got older, the more he realized that maybe everything was a curse. Being born with a silver spoon is not exactly the best thing. Depending.

His childhood was plain and sad consisting of studying and pure loneliness. No one wants to be his friend. Each finding Taehyung weird and sometimes even feeling as if Taehyung is on a whole new level, a totally different league from them.

Taehyung started to feel confined and he craved his parents' attention, and love.

"Mummy, mummy! Play with me!", Taehyung shouted as he saw his mother returning home.

"Taehyung, I'm busy. Go to your room or something." Taehyung's mother brushed off.

"B-but you never ever play with me...", Taehyung pouted.

"I brought you toys, didn't I? Play with those."

"But-!"

Before Taehyung could finish his protest, his mother spoke up, "Bring him to his room!"

"Yes madam!" One of the maid's replied as they guided -or more so of pulling a struggling Taehyung back to his room.

-

Age: 9

'What's so good about being rich?' Taehyung thought to himself as he sat alone in his room with his legs curled up close to his body.

There, Taehyung sat. It was around 2.50 AM in the morning. Taehyung couldn't sleep. He was wide awake and yet, he didn't turn on the lights.
He wasn't afraid of his parents finding out he isn't asleep. In fact, they probably wouldn't even notice it anyway. However, today he just felt extra moody.

Taehyung was lonely. His eyes were like an empty pit, deep and dark. He felt like a dead tree stump. The night brings him comfort as it envelopes him in an almost warm hug.

He sat there for who knows how long, his mind turning and turning like gears, wondering if his life would have been better if they weren't rich or if his parents didn't see money as so important.

He didn't have the care of his parents. He longed for human interaction and affection. He wanted someone to be with him. He wanted someone to talk to, to play with. Someone who he could rely on ,and promise that they would be there to help him, and each other, regardless.

Taehyung's parents come home late at night to sleep before waking up early in the morning, leaving for work. It wasn't even considered as sleep. In fact, they can't even be classified as coming home.

Taehyung didn't like the calls from the maids either. He detested it.
He hated to be treated so well, so tenderly yet feel so neglected and empty at the same time.

'Young Master!'

Oh, how he abhorred that word.
He couldn't stay still. It's not in his nature to follow rules and stick to this insane routined life.

He grew up with so much care yet his heart was filled with resentment by the lack of love. He was affable and sociable. He needed to voice himself out and craved to be surrounded by other people.

However, he was soon taken out of school by his parents. Taehyung's dreams were shattered. Being homeschooled was not fun.
He was unhappy.
His last strand of hope and sanity was just taken away. Cut like a piece of withered string.

-

Age: 13

Today, Taehyung snuck out of the house like he had a couple of times before. To live in such a tamed environment would have crushed him already if it weren't for his midday escapades.

Taehyung had long memorized his parents' work plan, and even when his maids would call for him to eat, etc.
His household was so systematic that he was always right and that everything seemed so rigid.

Dashing out of his house, Taehyung ran like a madman. He was like a fish who had finally found water. His whole being swelled with excitement as adrenaline was pumped into his veins.
He was free.
Even if it was temporary or just for a second, he would take it.
He would take anything and everything he could get.

Who knew that today, would be different. Differing in how his heart felt and his first stepping stone to his eventual final.

~

Taehyung met a boy on this very day.

"Friends."

His very first friend.
His name sounded so angelic. Meeting him was as if he brought the sun down to earth giving Taehyung a sense of hope. Hoseok rained a golden aura down upon Taehyung despite his own predicament. Allowing Taehyung to finally feel the warmth of the sunlight and to be able to bask in those rays of fondness.

He caught Hoseok going to steal. When Taehyung first saw him, it was as if he could see the intangible string that was connecting him to that stranger. He could feel a tug at the bottom of his stomach, drawing him towards that boy in a hoodie.

Taking his chances Taehyung stopped the boy from making a huge mistake. Taehyung knew that he may have already done it before but he wasn't caught in the past so he would naturally be fine. However, who knew if lady luck wasn't shining upon him and he would be apprehended today.

Taehyung stepped up making his swift decision in seconds. He had never felt this sure of himself as he dragged the mystery boy out of the store before proceeding to grab random food items. Taehyung obviously didn't know what he liked so he just took a little of everything.

Taehyung had money so it didn't really matter much to him. Exiting the store, he threw the bag filled with snacks to that boy's arms. Hoseok looked in and gasped. Hoseok eyes shone with gratefulness and disbelief.

As they conversed, Taehyung could finally feel at ease. For the very first time in thirteen years, he perceived love. He felt doted.

Hoseok didn't do much. But just by viewing him as no less than any individual, treating him the same and not prying annoyingly into his privacy, Taehyung got something that he yearned for, for so long. Something that was expected to be given by parents and felt by the kids.
Sweet endearment and solicitude.

Hoseok was like wine. Once Taehyung had tasted the first sip, he was hooked. Hoseok was like a drug and Taehyung was addicted.

Taehyung went home that day all warm and fuzzy on the inside. His face beaming, with a wide and genuine smile etched to his lips.
His first real friend.

-

Age: 16

Taehyung couldn't find him.
He has never seen his sun for a long time. He wondered if the sun had orbited away from him or was it Taehyung who had flown off course.

Taehyung looked all around, looking and desperately wanting for a glimpse of his friend. He searched and he searched and he searched. He left no rock unturned and yet it was like Hoseok had completely disappeared off the map. Hoseok was nowhere to be found and similarly, Taehyung's heart was nowhere to be found either. With no one around to help him cope with the trapped feeling he experiences daily at home, he spiraled out of control, falling off the deep end as he became increasingly distraught.

Till the day came when his parents found out...

"Why have you been sneaking out of the house?!", Taehyung's father screamed.

"We wouldn't have known if we didn't catch you in the process!"

"Will you ever tell us?!", Taehyung's mother yelled.

"Have we not given you enough? You enjoy good food daily, have a good education and whatever you want we can give. What is it that you don't have?!"

At that moment Taehyung's inner balloon where he kept all his darkest and deepest pent up anger burst. Like a volcano eruption, his everything flew out, his words like lava. Hot and deadly.

"You have never given me attention. In my years of life, I have never felt love from either one of you! I was deprived of my childhood just because you thought homeschooling was better. Have you ever thought of my opinions, my feelings?! I do not need wads of cash to be happy. And to be frank I don't really give any shits as to how much money you earn. I wanted freedom and I wanted to experience the joy that I never knew I could feel. I hate everything! I really wish I wasn't your kid!", Taehyung spat out as he breathed heavily after finishing his rant.

In a long while, there was silence as the weight of what Taehyung said sank in.

"What do you mean?! We work so hard to ensure that you can have the happiest life possible! And you say that we don't care? Ridiculous!", Taehyung's father bellowed.

"If you don't like this place so much then feel free to leave!", Taehyung's mother hottered.

"Fine! Maybe I will. I'm so done with this!", Taehyung snapped.

-

Age: 17

It has been approximately a year since he had left his house and somehow he had been holding up rather fine.

He has never felt this free in his whole entire life. However, he still felt s if something was missing. No matter how much thought he put into it, he still couldn't figure out what it was.

Taehyung worked as a cashier at the very store he had met Hoseok at. Maybe, just maybe unconsciously, he hoped to meet him again.

~

And that day had finally arrived. The bell jingled signaling someone's presence into the store. However, to Taehyung, this ring sounded oddly different from the ones he has heard many times on repeat. The chime of the bell sounded much lighter, peppier in a way, strangely bringing a hint of happiness to his soul.

That's when he saw him.
Hoseok.
He had waited for him and fate really doesn't disappoint, does it?

"Taehyung?!", Hoseok called out as he recognizes the cashier of the store.

Taehyung beamed and his eyes sparkled as he turned to face Hoseok.

~

"Welcome Taehyung. You are the last member of BTS"

"We are all family here."

___________________________

Taehyung's POV
I eyed the casual mosquito that was flying around my room as if it owned it.

I wondered if it was the very same one that told me about Namjoon hyung's plans for Y/N.

Shouldn't it be dead by now?
Did mosquitoes even live this long?

Looking at it darting around the room like no one's business brings a sense of nostalgia to me.
It's kind of weird as to how an unrestrained insect would remind me of anything, but it's nothing short of the truth.

It was unrestrained. Just like me.
Yet trapped in this room like how I was trapped in this vast world.

We both longed to be free. But what was the definition of freedom?

Everything on this earth seemed so intractable.
Destiny is so otherworldly yet so bound to our blood.
Fate is so cruel and kind at the same time. And the heart of feelings is so serendipitous but too, so disquieting.

To meet Hoseok hyung was fate.
To join BTS was destiny.
And to fall for Y/N was the kismet of both my heart and the stars in my soul.

I was lucky to have met all that are with me now. They all brought light and purpose into my dull life.

.

"We don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our paths for a reason"
_________________________

Author's note:
This is the last of the background information of the members. I'm not sure if you could see any link between them, but they are undeniably present.
(I think?)

Anyways, if you like this story, please do add it to your reading list, comment, and vote!

As usual, don't mind any errors and

Stay happy readers! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945K 28.9K 168
💜COMPLETED💜 ~Social Media Based Story~ (This is gonna be a long ass story but the chapters don't take very long to read) Being the twin sister of B...
3.9K 260 38
"...No one makes me feel like this except you. Without you I feel nothing. You are everything to me, Kyung Ji." [Started September 2018] • A Min Yoon...
3.1K 146 22
He was cold and restricted, but she made it through, became his close friend. Does she have feelings for him? Her boss? Maybe... Does he have feelin...
272K 11.1K 43
[BTS x Reader] « COMPLETED » She was cornered. Once her back hit her locker with a thud, both of them knew she was trapped. "I won't let you escape...