Arknights: Dr.(Y/N)'s Riposte

Door VioAndBio

A story about an independent doctor named (Y/N), who is well known for his reputation earned from his career... Meer

2. Meanwhile...
3. Back to Conscious
4. The Aconite & Lilies
5. Hostile or Friendly?
6. The Haste
7. Chernobog (No Crownslayer bullies)
8. The Movement
9. Different Polars Attracts (Part 1)
10. Just Like Before
11. Burning Skies, Fallen Heart
12. Elafia & Demoness
13. Modern Problems, Modern Solutions
14. She, The Elafia
15. Old Bonds
16. W's Zorn
17. A Survivor's Will
18. Hands From LGD
19. Different Poles Attracts (Part II)
20. The Last Agent
21. Behind the Curtains
22. W
23. The Initial Insanity
24. Turn Coat
25. Lovely Elafia
End of 1st Ark
2nd Arc: 0th Stasis
26. Atonement
27. The Pinky Promise (Part 1)
28. The Pinky Promise (Part 2)
29. The Other Side
30. Filia and Mio, The Anti-hero and The Agent
31. The Truth
32. Lungmen Arrival

1. Clinic is closed... Permanently

28.8K 383 692
Door VioAndBio

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

[Are you sure that you want to close your clinic?] - ???

[For the tenth time today, the answer is yes, Wiya....] - (Y/N)

A girl kept questioning me as I packed up the essentials into my bag. If not for the fact that she was my best friend, I would already be annoyed right now. She is such a sweet girl for always visiting me and thinking about my health.

Her eyes were pleading for me to stay in her hometown which I have lived in for no longer than 4 years after getting my qualification as a doctor. Extra info, I am now 22 years old and still single, just to let the others know that I'm available. It is not that I am thirsty for some action but more like a passionate relationship with a lover.

I found Wiya heavily injured in front of my clinic a few days after it was recently open. I patched her up with surgery and let her stay in my home for two weeks for recovery. Suspicions did ponder me before why would she be in that state, but she had told me the reason.

[Then, how about you live in my house from now on?] - Wiya

[Wiya...] - (Y/N)

A bit of stern leaked out of my mouth as I call out her name. Her body tenses up and looks at me straight in the eyes while pouting.

Honestly, she is always playful that I got dragged into her cheeky activities for laughs and giggles. What a time to be alive.

[I decided to venture out and will not step back on my own decision until it is done] - (Y/N)

[You know my style right? 'Once starting it, no backing down'] - (Y/N)

[That is soo like you (Y/N). Oh! The white knight is making the princess fall in love again!] - Wiya

She sarcastically responded and act out a little play in front of me, as she was the typical princess being in love with the white knight.

Applause for her acting skill, the entertainment industry might found the best actress this year but too bad that girl is lazy.

[Shut up you little tease, go apply to become an actress and actually do something productive once in a while] - (Y/N)

[But I hate doing something productive....] - Wiya

Her hands intertwined with each one at the back of her waist while leaning her upper body towards me with her eyes looking up staring into mine.

I could say that posture was cute but disappointment made me sigh.

[Then how would you become rich and make profits if you don't work hard?] - (Y/N)

My hand opened the entrance of the clinic as Wiya and I walked out to the streets.

The clinic was like home to me but sadly if I want to achieve something, I have to make sacrifices, such fact is real but some people refuse to accept reality... like how I reacted before.

I could feel my manly tears flowing down mentally as I locked the main doors and pulled out my phone from my pants pocket.

[Working hard is only for the dummies... I mean like come on, work smart! Even right now I'm making money without doing anything!] - Wiya

[Yea... right...] - (Y/N)

Of course, I would not believe what she has said because she always visits my clinic to 'hangout' every afternoon as if she doesn't have anything to do. Near 6 pm, then she would go back home or be called by someone. I bet it is her parents were worried about her...

Maybe her parents spoil her too much...

[Are you doubting me hmmm?] - Wiya

Her narrowed towards me as I avoided her eye contact and whistled a bit trying to put up a comedic atmosphere.

[Maybe I am... maybe I am not?] - (Y/N)

[Nn... jerk] - Wiya

She playfully slams her fist on my right shoulder causing me to chuckled after seeing her cuteness.

[Ou! Oui! Stop it Wiya, I am trying to make a call here] - (Y/N)

Surprisingly, she listened and stopped but still pouting. I let out a satisfying huff after dialling some numbers and waited for my call to reach. From the corners of my eyes, I could see Wiya being curious while tilting her head.

*Ring!*
*Ring!*

After a few minutes of waiting, my call did not reach until the voice call bot to respond. I closed my phone before stuffing it back into my pants.

[Who are you trying to call?] - Wiya

[Carren, my neighbour] - (Y/N)

A frown formed on her face as she grins.

That is the face she always makes before spouting out incel jokes.

[Who the fuck calls Karen!] - Wiya

[Her name is Carren! And not Karen, Clean out your ear wax after this] - (Y/N)

She laughs wholeheartedly after seeing my annoyed expression.

I can proudly say that I, respect women but to some extent. Hearing an incel joke is kind of uncomfortable to me, especially when it came from a man.

But if it comes from a woman then.... that will be a different case and I will leave this predicament to be judged by the female's community.

[It's pretty weird that she didn't pick up my call...] - (Y/N)

[Maybe she went out for a holiday?] - Wiya

I shrug my shoulders and took a different approach by going to her house instead, which is right beside my clinic anyways.

Some would ask 'Why to bother to call her when her house is near?'. I do not want to take much of her time and zoom out of this town to get a head start in this long journey of mine.

My fist was about to knock on the door but the small note on it stopped me.

There were a few scribbles on the note that reads 'Away for holiday, going to be back after a few days'.

[How the hell sometimes your assumptions are always right?] - (Y/N)

[Educated guess~] - Wiya

She said while showing me a peace sign with her small tongue stuck out. I pinch both of her cheeks as I got close to her face.

[Educated guess my ass] - (Y/N)

[(Y/N) the big meany] - Wiya

I let go of my hands and she rubs the red spots where I had pinched.

Oops, looks like I did it too hard - (Y/N)

[Let's see... Where do you want to go Wiya?] - (Y/N)

[Huh?] - Wiya

She was surprised by me giving her the right to decide for our last hangout together.

Both of us were still outside of the clinic, and I assumed that I have some time to spare for Wiya before my planned departure time. One cannot leave a best friend without any last moments together or, regrets will come along.

[Ummmm] - Wiya

She placed one of the index fingers on her chin and looked up to the sunny sky trying to think of something. To me, she looks kind of adorable with that pose.

As if she has found an idea, her eyes closed with a wide smile on her face as she energetically points her finger to me.

[I know! Let's see go to our old hideout!] - Wiya

It is pretty surprising that she stills remember that place, meanwhile, I only have some vague memories about it. Her great memory proves that she is fond of the past.

[I don't remember much about the path to go there, lead me and I'll follow] - (Y/N)

[You sure?] - Wiya

[Of course, come on let's go already] - (Y/N)

In a sudden, I felt warmth in my hand as I looked down and saw my hand was grabbed by Wiya. It caught me into a small trance as I saw her beauty after gazing back at Wiya.

Cheerful, cute and energetic... these three traits she owns have charmed me after all the years we have been knowing each other. Even though she is kind of slothful carefree and playful, I do not care because that is what makes her the Wiya I know.

[Onwards (N/N)!] - Wiya (A/N: (N/N) means nickname)

Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I unconsciously felt sanguine.

[Be a little patient will you?] - (Y/N)

[Nu!] - Wiya

My body stumbled forward as she drags me towards my motorcycle. Wiya hopped onto it and I sat behind her warping my arms right above her waists.

I could feel her body shivered a bit because of my touch. Personal spaces... personal spaces...

I unwrapped my arms but Wiya's stopped me.

[It's alright if it is you doing it...] - Wiya

At that moment, (Y/N)'s exe stopped working.

She didn't turn to look at me but, I think she is blushing judging from her sentence. I could say the same for me as well. The only thing to do is... COUNTERATTACK!

[Won't people thought that we looked like couples?] - (Y/N)

I am kind of inexperienced in love so, I can assume only that much. Is Wiya inexperienced as well?

A few breaths have passed and still no reply from her. She sat there motionless and started up the motorcycle. Is this the mythical awkward moment that could only be seen in dramas? Nah, It might be possible that this already happens to quite a number of people already.

[It will be nice if we are...] - Wiya

Those few words caught me off guard, even though she just mumbled it but the gods have bestowed me good ears, I could hear what she whispered to herself.

Before I could ask her to repeat, the motorcycle starts to speed up.

........................................................................

[See? Ice cream with a cone is better than using a cup right?] - (Y/N)

[.......I still want to use cup] - Wiya

Both us were sitting at the top edge of an abandoned building. Before I was afraid of high places but, from time to time I got used to it because Wiya invited me to this place most of the time.

But then 2 years ago, she stopped going to this building and started hangout at my clinic.

[Using cones is a more appetizing plus, you can even eat it] - (Y/N)

[Hhmm... I'll consider choosing either cup or cone next time, but for now... don't let your ice cream melt!] - Wiya

She happily licked the top of the vanilla ice-cream while enjoying the breeze. Instead of licking, I just bite on the ice cream and let it slowly melt inside my mouth to savour the taste longer.

Wiya hummed happily as both of us were digging on our ice-cream. Her humming was beautiful as if like a natural-born singer trying to find the right tone to sing a song which caught my attention as well.

I glanced at her and noticed how much she had grown. The first time we met, she was 14 years old while I just got into the age of 18, and now she is a beautiful woman brimming with energy. Compared to me, I...

[(Y/N)?] - Wiya

[Y-yea?] - (Y/N)

She scooted closer to me that there was no space between us... causing me to blush, including her. Her hand approached my face and gently pressed against my cheek.

Her thump brushed against a part of my cheek as something came off. She retracted her hand revealing a speck of ice-cream to me.

[You caught a bit of ice cream on your face...] - Wiya

[Oh, I d-didn't notice that] - (Y/N)

Then, she licked the vanilla off her thump.

Any normal man can certainly feel 'something' after seeing a scene straight out from an erotic game, and I could feel mine on the way rising.

Calm down junior... calm down...

I advert my eyes away from her, trying to hide away my red face. A pair of hands turned my attention back to her as she gazes into my eyes with her golden-orange orbs.

[I don't mind you seeing me closer...] - Wiya

Actually, I know she has romantic feelings for me but yet again, I was not so sure but now it really felt real.

[I lo-] - Wiya

Within reflex, she grabbed my upper body and a loud sound of concrete crack came after. I was thrown a few foot away by Wiya as pain riled up on my shoulders.

I pushed myself up and saw a .50 cal bullet sunk deep into the concrete where I have sat on. There was nothing but shock filled my heart.

In the next moment, my gut was telling me to look at my left.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a small glint under sunlight heading towards me. Without any time to think, I quickly hopped to the back and realized my mistake...

I accidentally hopped off the edge of the building.

Fear flooded my mind as I looked at Wiya who has her eyes widen with a grim expression. I reached out my hands towards the sky feeling desperate to grab on something but, there was only air.

[(Y/N)!] - Wiya

My body went into a free fall as I felt gales passing by. Besides fear, I felt numb from this sudden development... a few seconds ago was a heart-throbbing moment between me and Wiya but now it became a desperate situation.

My thoughts and feelings became conflicted as I could see Wiya jumping down towards me.

She closed her arms with her head down and legs above coming like a human bullet. Her method cause to fall down faster than me as she stuck out both of her hands.

I weakly stretch my hands towards her and she quickly grabbed them.

In a few motions, she tightly hugged my body and pointed her wrist towards one of the gaps in the building.

*Tac!*

A small rusty metal hook came out of her sleeve. It accurately hooked onto the bars of a stair causing both of us to swing into one of the building's old window.

*SPLASH!*

The glass broke as some of the broken pieces scratch against my forehead and cheek. Both of us landed on the floor and rolled to a stop.

[(Y/N)! Don't worry, I will bring you back to the clinic!] - Wiya

Through the gaps between my eyelids, I saw Wiya's worried face before I became unconscious...

____________________________________

(A/N: What do you think? I felt kind of satisfied by this chapter since it felt more build up instead of my Azurlane rush-ish story. Good luck to you all with the Grani event, Big Bob is a cool guy and have a nice good day. Anyways, Au Revoir)

(2296 words excluding Author's Note)

Picture sources: -

1. W's (Wiya) default art: https://www.zerochan.net/2584316
Entry by SubaruSemuragi

2. W's (Wiya) fanart, on building: https://www.zerochan.net/2694197
Entry by SubaruSumeragi

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

137K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
242K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
606K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
425K 17.3K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...