Path to Destiny

By lovely-lights

A country divided by two. Lamia Sphinx The two countries have lived in peace till they both faced a dilemma... More

intro
Lamia [1]
Sphnix [1]
Lamia[2]
Sphnix [2]
Sphnix [3]
Lamia [2]
Sphnix [3]
Lamia [3]
Sphnix [4]
Sphnix [5]
Lamia [5]
Sphnix [6]
Lamia [6]
Sphnix [7]
Lamia [7]
Sphnix[8]
Lamia [8]
Sphnix [9]
Lamia [9]
Sphnix [10]
Lamia [10]
Sphnix [11]
Lamia [11]
Sphnix [12]
Lamia [12]
Sphnix [13]
Lamia [13]
Sphnix [14]
Lamia [14]
Sphnix [15]
Sphnix [15.5]
Lamia [15]
Sphnix [16]
Lamia [16]
Sphnix [17]
Lamia [18]
Sphnix [18]
Author's Note
Sphnix [19]
Lamia [19]
Sphnix [20]
Lamia [20]
Sphnix[21]
Lamia [21]
Not an update but....
Sphnix [22]
Lamia[22]
Endymion
Authors Note

Lamia [4]

4.3K 219 25
By lovely-lights

Queen Lalisa was in the room that the Sphinx gave her. She was pacing back and forth of the room in confusion. The man that raise his voice to her was the king.

She remember his mysterious eyes gazing into her, they were dark and cold.

Her skin crawled with disgust and anger. She remember Jimin's and V's words that their king and her were different. She never thought how different till she actually met him.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Queen Lalisa calls out.

The door opens and she see Jin coming in with Jimin.

"Jimin." She greets him.

"Queen Lalisa." He bows. "The king would like to speak with you in his studies."

Queen Lalisa went rigid when Jimin mentioned the king. Jimin noticed her change of mood.

"I am sorry that you had to meet him like that. He really does feel awful." Jimin apologizes.

Queen Lalisa felt bad that Jimin is apologizing for the king.

"I will believe it when I hear it from him. I'll be there in a second." She said.

Jimin smiles widely, then walk out the room.

Queen Lalisa went to the mirror and check her appearance. She had her long gray wool skirt with long sleeve turtle neck shirt. She fix her hair and when she was please with her appearance, she was ready she step out her room.

Jin was there waiting for her with Jimin by his side. Jimin starts to walk toward the stairway going down one set of stairs, then a hallway.

The hallway were filled with so much history and she was amazed how much they take pride in being a Sphinx.

When they were in front of a door, Jimin knocks. After a moment, there was a voice letting them in.

When they enter the room, the man, suppose King was sitting on the chair behind his desk. He was looking down at paperwork with a brows knitted together in confusion.

She heard Jimin clearing his throat to get the king's attention. When King Jungkook eyes lifted to Queen Lalisa, he immediately stood up.

"Queen Lalisa."he said. He gestures to the chair in front of his desk. "Please have a seat."

Lisa nods her head and walks to the chair to sit down.

King Jungkook sat down once she was seated. "I would like to apologize for my behavior at our first encounter. I did not plan our first time meeting to be in such a misunderstanding."

"It's okay, I say we forget it and move on." She said.

King Jungkook smiles at the lady. "Thank you for understanding. How was your travels?"

"It was nice, thank you."

"And the room, was everything well equipped to your likings?"

Queen Lalisa chuckles, "Everything was perfect, thank you for your kind hospitality."

"My pleasure, if you need anything, please let me know."

"I will." It was quiet for a moment, "You have me here at the Sphinx. Jimin informed me you wanted to have an understanding about the shipments and such."

"Yes, but before we start business. I was hoping that we all can have dinner, get to know one another." King Jungkook smile never left his face.

Queen Lalisa was confuse with the man she first met and the one that is sitting in front of her. How can a person have two split personality.

Queen Lalisa shrug off the weird feeling and went back to what King Jungkook said.

"I think that will be a lovely idea."

King Jungkook claps his hand in enthusiasm. "Great, dinner tonight."

Queen Lalisa got up from her seat and walks towards the door but a movement startled her. King Jungkook ran to the door to open it for her.

She raises an brow in questioning. "You open all doors?" Queen Lalisa question.

A smirk appears on his face, "Only for a queen."

Queen Lalisa walks out of the room holding a breath, once she was out, she breath out. A man's presence never effected her but his mood swings are really something else.

Princess Rose and Princess Jennie we're walking together in the garden that the previous queen started. The garden had many different flowers planted and it was a beautiful view.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Princess Jennie question as Princess Rose was looking around in awe.

"It is, who tends to it?" Princess Rose ask.

"Some staff members, mostly the elderly ones. They knew how important it was for the previous Queen. They care for it in her honor." Jennie explains.

Rose walks around the beautiful garden, "Does the king come out often?" Jennie furrow her brows in confusion, "Since it's his mother..." Rose explained why she ask.

"Unfortunately no, it's too much is reminder of his mother." Jennie frowns knowing her cousin doesn't come out to the garden often.

"Lisa is the same but instead a garden, it's the library. Her mother and father both read a lot of books. And they would read a book to her every night. On each of their death bed, she read to them."

Princess Jennie smiles at the bittersweet story of the queen. "Your Queen seems very nice."

Rose smile, "She is." She looks at Princess Jennie, "and your king is... very... king like."

Jennie laughs at Princess Rose, "If you mean he seems rude and very authoritative. Then yes. He is."

"Jimin and V pointed out our leaders were different, I didn't know what they meant till we met your king."

"Yeah, I noticed that when I met your cousin." Jennie smiles at the memory of the gentle kindness the queens  showed her.

"But your king still does well to lead your people?" Princess Rose ask.

"He does, it may be different than the way you Lamia do things but he is well respected." Jennie answer. "And your Queen?"

"Everyone loves her. She is sweet and kind to the people. There are some still very arrogant but overall she lead the people very well."

Jennie question when Rose mentioned some people arrogant, "Arrogant? How so?"

Princess Rose shrugs her shoulders, "it's nothing but they prefer a king."

Jennie mouth widens in shock of what Rose said. "They prefer a king? What kind crap is that?"

Rose nods her head and chuckles, "I know, it's like they are still living the 1800's."

"Well, at least they aren't forcing for an heir." Jennie jokes.

Princess Rose looks over at Jennie in confusion. "Why do you say that?"

"Oh the city councilmen are wondering when my cousin will provide an heir."  Princess Jennie explains.

This peaked Princess Rose's attention, how ironic is it that both highness in the Lamia and Sphinx are in need something. Something that threaten or in need to claim to secure their throne.

The thought of Queen Lalisa marrying King Jungkook and for them to have a children was laughable. Sure it sound convenient, but Rose knows that Lisa isn't easily swoon, especially with a man who yelled at her at their first encounter.

"Princess Jennie, we need to head in." Jennie's royal guard Suga spoke out interrupting Rose's thought.

Princess Rose saw the change in Jennie's eyes when she saw and hears Suga. The little subtle change in her eyes was clear to Rose.

The two walk away leaving Rose with J hope in the garden. J hope follows princess Rose around the garden.

"Hope, isn't it beautiful?" She ask her guard.

"It is Princess. But we must go in soon." J hope answers.

"I know." Princess Rose sign in sadness. "This place is beautiful."

"Thank you princess." A familiar voice spoke up.

Princess Rose turns and see Jimin standing with a white Rose in his hand with a smirk on his face. Jimin radiate confidence with every stance and move he does, Princess Rose seems to be enchanted by him from the first moment.

"Do you not have business that you need to tend to?" Princess Rose ask with a grin on her face as the she and Jimin walk in a circle.

"I did, but I wanted to make sure you are enjoying your stay." Jimin replies as he watches Rose move.

"You are exceeding my expectation of hospitality." Rose said.

"Didn't I tell you, you'll learn that I don't disappoint." Jimin give Rose a wink.

Rose tucks a piece of behind her hair while she blushes at his words.

"You do have a way to swoon a girl, don't you. It seems like you have plenty of practice."

Jimin froze and took a step close to her.

"Uh hmm" J hope clear his throat which caught both Jimin and Rose's attention.

Jimin raise both hand like we surrendering and take a step back away from Rose.

"I have to go, but I'll see you tonight at dinner." Jimin said the princess. "But I hope we see each other like this again." As he said that he extended the white Rose in his hand to give to the princess

Princess Rose hung her head with a subtle bow and she receive the Rose. "May we meet again in alone."

Princess Rose watches Jimin figure slowest disappear. And again Park Jimin has left Princess Rose with chills throughout her body and a funny feeling in her chest.

The Queen was in her room organizing her clothes when Jisoo knocks on her door. When Jisoo walk in, she ran to the Queen side to get the clothing out of her hand.

"I could have done that, why didn't you call me?" Jisoo ask.

Queen Lalisa shrugs Jisoo off of her, "I can do it Jisoo. Don't worry I got it."

Jisoo grabs the clothes out of the Queen grasp, "but you shouldn't have to."

Queen Lalisa laughs at Jisoo, "Would you stop! I can do it myself." She shoo Jisoo off of her.

Jisoo gave up knowing the Queen prefers to do it. "Okay."

Lisa has a grin on her face, "Are you settled?"

"I am." Jisoo nods her head.

"And my cousin?"

Jisoo hesitantly answer, "The princess went to look around with the guide of Princess Jennie."

"Ahh I see, and did they have fun?" She ask.

"I believe so." Jisoo answer warily.

"That's good, that Princess seems like she need friends. And we are to be at peace with the Sphinx." Queen Lalisa explains.

Jisoo nods her head in agreement with the Queen. Jisoo wasn't worry particularly worry about the friendship here. She was more worry about the peace relationship with the Queen and King. There is no doubt they both started off on the wrong foot.

"How was your little chit chat with the king?" Jisoo wondered.

Queen Lalisa froze as she was hanging up her last dress. She didn't know how to really describe it. The king was very unique and you can tell by his personality that he really is a king. He was confident in every way.

"It was interesting. Why do you ask?" Queen Lalisa questions.

Jisoo fudges with her fingers, "Well, with RM and I will be busy with trying to get an understanding of what is going on. And if you and the king need to discuss anything and I can not be there, it will be just you and the king."

Lisa was a little surprise but overall it made sense, and she wants Jisoo main focus on that. She was more nervous when they actually have to discuss business. There are going to be ways that they do differently, will they argue and have another war?

But if she expecting the two princess to be at peace as well as the two advisor, should the two leaders try the hardest? But she had the weird feeling that the king would be hard to handle, he seems like he can play a person personality. She is afraid she will be another pawn in his game.

The queen wanted to prove to her people she can do something that other King couldn't do, which was to bring peace with Sphinx. And maybe,just maybe, they will forget the whole "we need a king" crap.

Queen Lalisa shrug off a the doubt and overthinking. She gave Jisoo a confident smile, "The king and I will be fine. Focus on getting our people the supplies they need at reasonable prices."

With that Jisoo was glad to hear that she and king would try to get along. Jisoo had a feeling that this will be the start of a new path and it will hopefully  bring everyone together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...
2.8K 135 16
Kim Taehyung and Kim Jennie were so inlove with eachother but because of some reason they got separated but never able to get over from eachother but...
43K 2.1K 41
A girl named kim jisoo fell in love with a badboy who has a cold heart named min yoongi, they fall in love and they became together, yoongi change wh...