The Harlem Way

By CHOCstories

If I tell you, you belong to me. Would you be mine in reality? And not just in my mind. I'm so tired of being... More

01. A Day In The Life Of...
02. Do I Know You?
03. Damn...The Weekend.
04. Reaching Out.
05. Get To Know Me {Part 1}
06. Get To Know Me {Part 2}
07. To New Beginnings
Drive-In Movies & Red Velvet Cupcakes (Short)
08. A Different Side.
09. What Friends Are For
10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}
11. Feelings & Truths {Part 2}
12. The Proof
13. Street Cred
14. Consequences
15.
16. My Side Of Town {Part 1}
17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}
Meeting Lexington (Short)
18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}
19. A Little More Of Me {Part 2}
Fellow Readers/Followers!
Girl Talk (Short)
20. Bad News
21. In The Name Of Crazy
22. My Dirty Little Secret
23. All Of Me
24. Back On Track {Part 1}
25. Back On Track {Part 2}
Boo'd Up|Ella Mai Style (Not So Short)
26. Take You There {Part 1}
27. Take You There {Part 2}
28. This Is Reality
( Short)
29. Congratulations
Birthday Boy (Short)
30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}
31. Thanks Greetings {Part 2}
Breakfast With Friends (Short)
32. Civilized Conversations
33. Caught
34. Moment Of Truth
Here's A Little Advice (Not So Short)
35. Letting Go
36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}
37. It's Your Birthday {Part 2}
Author Questions
It's Still Your Birthday {Short}
It's Still Your Birthday {Not So Short}
38. Back At Home
{Short}
39. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons{Part 1}
40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}
Breakfast With New Friends {Short}
42. {Part One}
43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)
44.
๐ŸŒน

41. New Years Cheers

7.7K 333 283
By CHOCstories

New Years Eve| 2016

Sarai' Morgan

"Yeah, they're done." I let Evan know when he re-entered the lab. "Good, it's break time anyway. What are you having for lunch?" He asked. "I don't know...something from the café though." I replied as I cleaned up my work area. I needed a break because I had pulled a double and hadn't eaten since this morning. Today was extremely busy and I couldn't wait to get off and go home. I needed food, a nice hot bubble bath and booty rubs. My initial plan was to go to the gym but the way I was feeling right now, I knew that I wouldn't make it.

"What are you having?" I asked Evan. "Not sure but I'll treat. Have any plans for tonight?" He wondered. "Times Square to watch the ball drop, maybe." Jah and I hadn't actually made plans to bring in the New Year. Manny usually threw a party but he was going out of town. Dub went back home and Mel was bringing in the New Year with her family, so I had no plans. I would be fine with just sleeping in my bed next to my baby, honestly.

"What about you?" I asked in return. "Samantha invited me to a party..." I frowned in disapproval upon hearing that. "Samantha...as in your ex Samantha?" She had a damn nerve after she cheated on him. "Am I crazy for wanting to go?" He asked hesitantly. "Yes! You know what...no." I changed my mind, thinking of something for him to do. "You should go and take a date! Get really dressed up and make sure she's stunting too, so you can make her jealous." I smiled pettily.

That's what I would do.

"Can't take you, huh?" He chuckled. "My boyfriend would kill you." He chuckled but little did he know, I was serious. I wouldn't want to put Evan's life at risk, so he'd better find someone else to go with him. "He does look a little scary but don't tell him I said that." He laughed. "Your secret is safe with me." I promised. "I do have one friend but she annoys me after a while. On the plus side, she looks better than Sam." Now it was my turn to laugh as we exited the lab together, heading to the elevators. He hit the down button and allowed me to walk on first before entering.

"That's a start. She needs a dress! Something tight but not skanky, just enough to give her a little poke." I advised. "Well...she really doesn't have an ass. Maybe a slit up the thigh to show a little more leg than usual?" He suggested making me laugh. "I think I'm rubbing off on you." I giggled. "You give really good advice, I'm just listening." He joked. "I want to hear all about it too!" I stated as we entered the cafe. We walked in the same direction, checking out the self service stations to see what was on the menu.

In the midst of looking, my phone vibrated in my pocket, notifying me of a call. An instant smile lit up my face as Jah's name came across the screen. "Hey baby." I answered. "Wassup mama?" His smile matched mine as we looked at each other through the camera. "Finally getting something to eat." I sighed. The only thing I had for breakfast was a wrap and a little bit of fruit. I haven't been keeping up with my morning smoothies, either. My whole morning routine had been put on the back burner for sleep and sex.

Who would have thought...

"Whatchu getting to eat?" He leaned back in his chair, resting his hand on his head. "Steak caesar salad." I responded, slipping my phone back into my pocket to dress up my salad. "Take me off pause." He fussed. "Can I finish making my salad first? What did you eat?" I returned the question. "I had fish from the fish spot." Quickly, I unpaused him so that he could see the look on my face. "Oh, so we keeping secrets? Not feeding girlfriends? Cute." I sneered with an eye roll. A low chuckle left his lips before he yawned.

"You dramatic. I was supposed to come all the way to you when I had shit to do?" He argued. "Don't worry about it...somebody else can bring me some real food." I 'hmph'd' him as he sucked his teeth. "Go head. I'ma be waiting for his ass right in the parking lot." He claimed, causing me to snicker. "Shoot his ass up and eat ya food." I laughed. "You're so violent, it's not healthy." I shook my head at him in fake shame.

"You not healthy." He shot back quickly, licking over his lips. "Whatchu tryna do tonight?" He switched the conversation. "Take a bath and have you rub my booty." He laughed but I was serious. "Babe, I'm forreal. I'm cranky and sleepy. I just want to lay up." I told him. "That ain't fun." I shrugged. "Now it's not fun? It's fun when you getting some though." I called him out. "Chill on me." He laughed. "It's always too much going on around this time anyway. Safer to be indoors." The amount of GSW's that came in from last night was ridiculous. I didn't even work in that department but the code reds and blues could be heard over the intercom.

"If you have plans babe, that's fine." He sounded as if he did, so I didn't want to ruin them. "Reem having a party at his club but I ain't been there since I got shot." He revealed which surprised me. Talking about it wasn't something he did but it was mentioned every now and then. "Are you...worried?" I asked in concern. "Nah, not really. Just a lil hesitant, that all." He confessed. "Well...you know..." I trailed off, not finishing my sentence. I couldn't say what I wanted to out loud but he caught my drift.

"Yeah, I know." He shrugged. "PTSD is normal baby, it's okay." I assured him. Lately, he's been more accepting of the fact that he struggles with it. He decided to give therapy a real try, now he was seeing Mrs. Teylor twice a week. We didn't discuss his sessions too much because I thought that would be something he'd want to keep to himself. However, he did share things that were comfortable to him. "Do you want me to go with you?" I asked. "I thought I was on booty rub duty?" He laughed, making me smile. "You still are but if you wanna go out, we can do that too." I shrugged. I always had a fit ready, plans or not.

"You sure?" He asked for reassurance. "Yes." I replied. "Aight then. You bouta get off, right?" Nodding again, I put the lid on my salad bowl and walked over to the cashier. Flashing my badge, I grabbed a water and thanked him before leaving out. "Yes. In 2 hours, thank God. I think I'm gonna go get my hair done then head home." I was used to my hair being either straight or curly but I wanted a new look. Maybe braids, I thought. "You should dye it." He suggested. "I might a little later. Oh! Don't forget about my appointment next week and you need to get tailored for your suit." I cheesed happily, thinking about Dub's big day.

I feel like we've been waiting for forever, now it's finally happening.

"Nigga ain't wearing no suit, Rai'." He grumbled. "I wish the hell you would pull up to my sister's wedding in some Gucci, Balenciaga bullshit." I dared him. Like most guys, Jah thought he could wear that hood boy drip to any function. That shit wasn't flying with me. "Besides, I already had Manny make something for you." I revealed. "Aight, mama." He brushed me off. "Don't get cute, Jabri." I warned. "Ay, Sarai'...stop fucking playing with me." God, I loved when he said that.

"How's the studio coming along?" I laughed off his threat. He wanted to have a mini opening once he got everything together, so he hadn't let me see it since Christmas. "I keep switching the art work. I really like the splattered paint look but I want to add more to it without making it look crazy." He sighed as he rubbed his face. When I made it to the lounge, I put my salad on the table and went over to the sink to wash my hands.

"You'll figure it out, just let your mind work. Don't overthink it." I advised. "I might'a found some stools though. I can get the easels from Office Depot." He said to me. "Well, that's good. It's coming together for you and I can't wait to see it!" I smiled. "I wanna have it done at least by next month, so I can have this opening." He hoped. "I'm sure you'll have it together by then." I encouraged. "You gotta study today?" When he asked, I palmed my forehead, because I had totally forgot.

When Jah and I were at odds a little while back, I received some good news. I was given the opportunity to graduate from my program early. March; to be exact, which was like right around the corner. Although I was excited, the amount of anxiety I felt was tremendous. Since grade school, I had always been at the top of my class and that hasn't changed. Even with all the studying I did, I still hoped that I passed this final exam with flying colors.

"I forgot I was supposed to go to the library." I muttered. "Bae, you study all the damn time. You can take one night off." He tried to persuade me. "You can go without me, this is more important." Exams would be here in no time so I had to get as much studying in as I could. "It's not even January 1st yet, Rai'. You can pull up for a couple hours, get a drink. Relax. You already work too much." He went on and on as I smiled before letting out a yawn.

"Maybe, I'll let you know. I'm gonna finish my salad and call you before I leave, okay?" I told him as he nodded.  "Aight mama, I love you." He loudly blew me a kiss before hanging up. While I finished my salad, I went ahead and booked an appointment to get my hair braided after work. I never kept a style for long, so I hoped that I liked these braids.

As I exited the elevator on my floor, a dozen of roses caught my eye. They were in a vase placed in front of my door. Jah rarely bought me roses because he knew I loved tulips, but they were still special. I smiled, thinking of how thoughtful my baby could be as I approached them.

Picking them up, I closed my eyes to give them a sniff. Unlocking my door, I let myself inside and proceeded to the kitchen. Sliding out of my coat, I put my keys on the table, placing the vase down next. I was all smiles until I flipped open the card, spotting a name I hadn't seen or heard in a while.

Dear Lay,

I know you don't wanna hear from me but it's been so long. I miss you more than you'll ever know. The way things went down the last time we saw each other was crazy. I want to apologize for that. I wasn't in the right state of mind, I should have gotten better before approaching you. I never meant to hurt you.

We have too much history to just end it like this, you know that. No one will ever know you the way I do and the same for me. No one will ever love you the way that I do. I would die for you. Hell, I almost did. I don't regret it either. No one can keep me from you, not even your father.

I know he doesn't want me to see you again but I don't care. I just need to have a conversation with you, see your face. You were the best part of my day and the only person that made me feel anything. I just need a chance to make things right again. I know roses won't fix it but it's just a reminder of what you mean to me.

Love, Q.

A feeling of uneasiness came over me after reading causing many emotions to flood through my mind. Snatching up the roses, I took them over to the trash and tossed them in with force. Why was he back? Why was he still trying to explain himself to me? I wasn't in his life anymore, he didn't owe me an explanation. I didn't need it nor did I want it. I just wanted to be free of him.

Free from him.

When Dre mentioned that he was back the other day, I spaced out. I had no intentions of hearing him out or going to see him. And I prayed that he didn't pop up here again. After the first incident, I got the locks changed and my security system upgraded. But even still, I couldn't sleep at home because I was shaken up bad. Just knowing that he was back in town with the same mindset gave me that feeling all over again.

His return was something I didn't expect considering the condition he was in the last time I saw him. Part of me thought that my father had lied about not killing him because he had just vanished. Not to say that I wanted him dead, I just wanted him out of my life for good. And the only way that would happen is if I told my father that he was back.

--

Jabri Hampton

"Whatchu think Ma? You like it?" Turning around in the empty space, I looked at her. "I do baby. It's big...spacious." A big smile lit up her face, making me smile too. "How soon can you get in here?" She wondered. "I told her after I get back from Atlanta. Rai' ain't seen this one yet, so I think I'ma take her out and we come see it together." I thought about it. Since this was the one I was going with, I wanted her approval on it.

"So...she's moving in with you?" Moms asked. I shrugged. The one time I told her to come stay with me, she looked at me crazy. I ain't mean for good but just for a couple days. The apartment was too small and I understood her not wanting to invade me and Corey's space. But now, I was getting a house, which meant more room for us. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a patio and a basement.

That was more than enough space.

"Nah...we ain't talked about that. Rai' comfortable in her own space. She gon' be over here most of the time anyway, so it'a be like she live here." I chuckled. Honestly? I ain't wanna ask her cus' I think she gon' say no. We only been rocking for almost 8 months and that might be too soon to be moving in with me. And I'm sure she would want to buy our first home together, when we started a family. I wouldn't be mad at that, but if she moved in now, I would be happy as a muthafucka.

"So this means I don't have to drop in with groceries or cook?" She laughed. "You still gotta pull up with the plates Ma. But, Rai' gon' hold the cooking down. If she don't, I'ma have to call you anyway." I laughed. "You need to learn how to cook." She shook her head. "I can cook me breakfast, that's it." I chuckled. The sound of Lex's laugh caught my attention, causing me to turn around. Soon she came running to me with my father walking behind.

I placed a kiss on her cheek once she jumped in my arms. "You have a big house, Daddy!" She giggled. "I know. Now you can have ya own room when you come over here." I told her. "A hello kitty room?!" She shouted. "That's what you want?" She nodded with a smile. "You got it mama." I told her before placing her down. "This is nice, I like it. You gotta get you some furniture in here now." Pops said. "Only thing I'ma bring from the crib is the furniture in the living room. I'ma get new shit for the room." I told him.

"I gotta get Corey and Lex a bed too." I sighed. The fancy decorating could wait, I just needed a few things to get by for now. "Where is he anyway?" Pops wondered. "At his lil girlfriend spot." Myah was still rocking with him after they had their lil argument. He told me that they broke up before he left for Louisiana but then I came home one day and they was on FaceTime. "That lil boy don't know nothing about having a girlfriend, shit neither do you. Lexi baby, c'mon." Pops played me before he took her hand and led her outside. 

"Why ya mans always coming at me?" I laughed. "He's your father." Moms shook her head. I'on know what Pops was talking about, I knew how to treat a lady. I wouldn't still have Rai' if I didn't. We had been a lot better since our last argument though and I was happy about that. I started seeing Mrs. Teylor twice a week and occasionally called up Mrs. Reid to holla at her. Just tryna keep my anger in check and my communication open.

So far, so good I guess.

"Aight, we gotta get outta here so I can drop these keys back off. Ash finna meet me at my spot." I told Moms. "She's coming to get her today?" Nodding, I twirled the keys in my hand and hit the lights before we exited. "Yeah." I answered with a light sigh. Having Lex these past few weeks have been good for me. She kept me busy and in a goofy mood. And she was good company for Corey while I was pulling mad hours at the art studio. Between working on pieces and the new designs, I was coming home late.

Corey still had a few more weeks on his crutches before he got the screws removed from his leg. He would be down for a lil while after that too, so I had to be there for that. However, I did have to find somewhere for him to stay while I went to Atlanta. I ain't trust him to stay home alone while I was gone. Before it was no problem but he lied to me once, so I wasn't putting shit past him.

Handicapped or not, he was a sneaky lil nigga.

"She found something that quick?" Moms sounded skeptical but I could care less about what Ashlee' had going on in Atlanta. She didn't give a fuck either, she was just being shady. "Guess so." I responded dryly. When we got to the truck, Lex was already strapped in and Pops was sitting in the back with her. Opening the passenger door for Moms, I helped her inside before going around to the driver's side.

--

"Hey." Ash spoke as she stepped into the crib. "Wassup." Moving back from the door, I let her by me. "She sleep." I told her. "She can go back in the car, we're not leaving until tomorrow morning." I walked away to go grab Lex and her things as she talked. "I know you ain't staying back with that nigga?" I looked at her like she was stupid. What would be the point of her running if she was gon' go right back to him. "No. I have somewhere to stay, thank you." She rolled her eyes as she took Lex from me, resting her on her shoulder.

"Thank you for keeping her for me." She spoke quietly as I checked Lex bag again. "Ain't no thing." I replied, handing her the bag. "I'ma be in Atlanta in a couple weeks, so I'ma slide by to see her." I let her know. Maybe I could squeeze in a lil date with Lex on my free time. Swizz was kinda brief with the info so I'm not sure what the workload was looking like. But I could make time for my lil boo. "Just let me know when you get in town." I was already heading toward the door to let her out.

"...Have you seen Alex?" Her question made my face twist in confusion and annoyance.

"Nah...why?" I replied slowly. Why was she asking about him all of a sudden? "I just wanted to know...he hasn't tried to find me. It's just weird because that's not like him." I scoffed, shaking my head at this girl. "Why you asking me?" I wondered. Like before, I felt like it was something she wasn't telling me but I didn't go off. I just knew to be on point when stepping out tonight. "Nothing Jah." She seemed to catch an attitude, so I showed her the door. "I'a hit you when I get in town." I dismissed her before shutting and locking my front door.

I ain't have time for her bullshit.

Later That Night.

"He showed up?" My jaw clenched as I glanced at Rai'. We were headed out to Reem's club to bring in the new year. My whole mood was just blown cus' she just told me some shit that I ain't wanna hear. "No...they were just left there. But, I'm fine baby, see?" She smiled and stepped in front of me. Her fingers played in my beard as she tried to relax me. "You look like a grizzly bear." Her finger poked my nose, making me crack a quick smile.

This Q nigga was back which meant that I had a reason to look at his file again. I thought his ass was gone after Kofi dealt with him but apparently not. The only reason I left him alone was cus' I expected him to get hit. Kofi was a reckless dude so I couldn't understand why this nigga body wasn't in an abadoned building already.

"Fix your face babe, I'm fine." I heard her talking but I wasn't listening. I wasn't fine. This nigga had major issues and it wasn't on no street shit. I couldn't handle him like I would handle a beef on the block. "You're messing up my pictures Bear. Can I get a smile, a kiss, ass grab or something." Rai' kept tryna get me to fix the scowl on my face. I was fucked up when I couldn't be there the first time he popped up, but I was here now. I wish the fuck that nigga would roll up after he violated.

Hopping outta my thoughts for a minute, I grabbed her ass and let her take a picture. She snapped another one as we shared a brief kiss. "I should have told you when we got back, I didn't want this to ruin our night." She said quietly as I helped her in the truck. "I'm good Rai', you ain't ruin nothing." My mind was in another place but I wasn't gon' let that kill our vibes. A new year was coming in and we both had a lot to celebrate. "I'm good mama." Leaning over, I placed a soft kiss to her lips and flashed her a smile. She returned the smile and clicked on her seatbelt before I pulled off.
--
Narrator's POV

Like any other popping night, hundreds of bodies filled up Club Supreme. The latest hits from 2016 were blasting through the speakers as people continued to flood the dance floor. Crisp one dollar bills fell from the sky, falling at the feet of the dancers. New Year's Eve always brought in a lot of money for Kareem.

"It's really almost a whole new year." Tez stated the obvious as he sipped from his glass. "No shit nigga." Reem retorted with a low chuckle followed by Jah's. "Nigga bout to be a father out here." Jah commented as Tez shook his head. He still couldn't believe it. Before, he didn't see him and Tati making it this far. His infidelities and her physical abuse being the reason for their end.

Looking back at how they started to where they are now, it still came as a shock. "I can't wait to meet my lil man." A proud smile painted his face as he looked down at his phone. "Babymama?" Jah joked. "Yeah man. She sent me out by myself cuz she ain't feel like coming but clocking every move." They all laughed. "Women." Reem scoffed playfully. "Nah, that's me though." Jah confessed. "If Rai' went out, I would blow her up too. Manny be having her feeling herself in them custom made fits." He took a glance over at Sarai', who danced with Monae on the floor.

As soon as they entered the club, she went straight to the bar and hit the dance floor. He hadn't seen her since. "Her sister getting married right?" Tez questioned. "Yeah, next weekend. Told ya boy he can't wear the drip to the wedding, so I gotta get suited up." He laughed. "Damn. You really whipped." Tez joked. "Nah he in love, he tried to trap her." Reem commented. "Oh yeah, how's the studio? House hunting? You found something?" Nodding, Jah reached forward to pour more Hennessy and Pineapple in his glass.

He was playing it safe tonight by having a chaser.

Every few minutes or so he would scope out the club, making sure to have eyes on the exits and Sarai'. "I did. I'ma take Rai' to see it when I get back from Atlanta. The studio coming along a lil bit, still got some things to get in order." He told them. "Congrats on the Swizz collab my nigga! He got some fire too." Simultaneously, Reem and Tez raised their glasses to prepare a toast. "Good looking, my nigga. Congrats to you too, on the baby boy. He gon' be the flyest lil nigga in BK." Jah hyped. "What can I say? It's only one person that provide the drip on this side." Tez cockily popped his collar with a crooked smirk.

"I'm proud of my young boys...finally stepping into men. I remember y'all coming over the crib raiding my shit." Reem reminisced. "Fighting mad niggas..." Jah added. "Fucking crazy hoes...dusty hoes." Tez reminded with a weird look on his face. "Wild staircase sessions." Jah remembered. "A bunch of young dumb shit but we off that now. Now, we grown men building families and businesses, coming into our own. Cheers to that." Reem cut memory lane short to announce more important accomplishments as they toasted.

"Cheers." Their glasses clinked together before they downed the shot. "Baby!" Sarai' yelled as she appeared, throwing her arms around Jabri's shoulders. Her hands ran up his chest as she giggled into his neck. "J, I think she's had too much to drink." Monae inquired as she slid into Reem's lap. "Yeah, she look like it." Tez laughed. "II-I have to peeeee." Rai' slurred a little. "Oh hell no! Nae, walk her to the bathroom." Reem responded quickly. "J don't know how to stay out the women's bathroom. Sarai', I'm surprised at you." Giggles left her lips again as she smiled, pulling Jah up from his seat.

"I'll apologize a million t-times if I have to, okay? Babe, c'mon." She tugged at his arm. "No quickies in my bathroom nigga! It's a new year, I'ma start putting y'all asses out!"Reem yelled after them as they made their way upstairs. "You bent, huh? Thought you ain't wanna come out?" Jah teased into Sarai's ear. "I didn't but the drinks and music changed that. Babe-" "Jabri, right? Long time no see." The half naked woman spoke before Rai' could finish her sentence.

The expression on Sarai's face screamed hot. Her adrenaline was already rushing due to the nonstop dancing and shots. The slightly blurry vision she had cleared up in a matter of seconds as she eyed this vaguely familiar person. Jah went to speak but Rai' intervened with a hand up to his face. "I'm sorry, do we know you?" Her tone was rhetorical of course. Clearly offended, the familiar woman drew her head back. "Excuse y-" "No. Excuse the fuck out of you for approaching my man like you fucking know him! And for mistaking me for a bitch because clearly you got me fucked up! Who the fuck-" Sarai' began to go off, stepping into the woman's face, causing her to step back. "Hol' up, hol' up." Jah pulled Rai' back, urging her to calm down before they drew too much attention. "Look shorty, stop speaking to me. I saw you like once, you don't know me." He retorted with a mug as he pulled Rai' along to step around her. 

"I see you want to get cute because your bitch is here. You weren't all that anyway." The woman flipped up the bird before she switched off into the other direction. "But yet you're on his nuts, you cum swallowing bitch! Don't forget the balls!" Rai' shouted before Jah snatched her up and proceeded to the bathroom. Countless cuss words continued to spew from her mouth as she pushed open the door. "That's the same bitch from your job, thirsty ass hoe! She didn't get it the first time? I don't even show my ass in public but I'm sick of her!" She paced a bit before she went into the stall. "Hoes gon' be hoes Rai, you need to calm ya drunk ass down." He chuckled a bit. "Oh so something is funny?" Pulling open the stall door, she cut her eyes at him. "You can't even squat right." Jah laughed, walking forward to help her. "Get off of me! You should've invited her up here so she could watch me fuck you, mad ass. When did she even start working here?! How does Reem even know her?" She went on and on as Jah contiued to laugh. 

"You drunk." He stated knowingly. "You don't let bitches get to you but that liquor got you wylin'. Chill out." He grabbed her arm to help her stand and flush. "You know me." She went over to the sink to wash her hands while Jah wrapped his arms around her waist. "I do. That's how I know you feeling yaself right now.  You ain't gotta do allat, we know wassup. Don't need you out here beating nobody ass." A laugh escaped her lips as they shared a kiss. "Sometimes people need to be reminded, okay?" She patted his face. "She just ruined my mood, I'm ready to go home." She took his hand in hers as they exited the bathroom together. "We can dip then, I'on want you in here passed out." He joked. "Oh I won't be, I really do want some dick. And you owe me booty rubs, so that's still happening." Rai' sassed as they made it back downstairs. The music was shut off as Reem and the DJ led everyone into the countdown.

"...7 6 5 4 3 2 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone yelled together as the DJ sounded his horn and confetti sprayed from the air. Future's Mask Off beat dropped making everybody in the club jump in excitement. "We made it to a new year! Yay!" Rai' tilted her head up to meet Jah's lips as they shared a passionate kiss. "Feel like we been together a long ass time." He said. "We've been through a lot in a short period of time. Everything moved kind of fast but we'll be alright." She assured him with another peck. "It's only up from here." He added with a smile. He would talk to her later about things moving fast. There was no such thing as 'fast' when he was in love. He was either all in or all out. "Yo, yo! Happy New Year!" Reem came over to them to give daps and hugs. "Wishing y'all nothing but good vibes and good energy this year!" He smiled. "Thank you, Reem." Sarai' smiled. "You good? Need some food?" He asked. "I'm fine. We were just about to head out." She informed. 

"It just hit 12...y'all out already?" He laughed. "Yeah. We ain't wanna keep the bathroom too occupied, so we rolling." Jah joked. "Starting 17' with smart decisions, I can dig it. Anyway, y'all be safe." They said their goodbyes. "Oh babe wait, I have to grab my coat and say goodbye to Monae." Rai' stopped her stride, scanning the club for her new dance partner. "Aight. I'ma go warm the truck." He let her know before he made his way to the exit. He started his Range and went back inside to wait for her. He took a few more shots while he stood around, keeping his eyes on the entire scene. 

--

Tez's New Year wasn't starting out so great as he paced outside in a panic. "Where you at, you home?!" Tez yelled into his phone. Pushing through the club doors, he removed himself from all the noise. "GET HERE NOW CORTEZ!" Tati screamed at him. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! It broke! MY FUCKING WATER BROKE!" She shrieked as she burst into tears. "Fuck. I'm on my way! Shit." His hands shook as he ended the call. His heart was beating out of his chest right now as the wind sent chills through his body.

"Yo...what the fuck." He muttered to himself in disbelief. "Yo, you good?" Jah came out of the club, looking at his homie in concern. "Nah man, Tati water just broke, I gotta go." He patted his pockets for his keys. "Forreal?" Jah's eyes grew big at the news. "Yeah. It's too fucking early man, she not due until March. She screaming and crying on the phone, I just hope everything good." Worry washed over his face as he half jogged to his car.

"They gon' be straight man. I'a ride with you." Jah offered as he followed him to the car. "She ain't sound straight on the phone. Bro, I been so hype...I'on know what I'ma do if he don't make it." The fear could be heard in voice as he spoke. "We ain't even thinking like that man, everything gon' be straight." Jah tried to get him to think in a more positive manner. "Shit like this happen all the time, Tati got it." He patted his back as Tez zipped through traffic. His mind traveled in a million different places as he silently prayed to himself. There was nothing he wanted more than to be a father to his son, he just hoped that God gave him the opportunity to do so.

After they disappeared, an all black Infiniti pulled up on the other side of the club. Two male figures occupied the vehicle, scoping out the activity of the club. "Got the tags?" One asked. "Yeah...both of them. You want me to follow?" The driver asked. "No...I got a better idea." The guy in the passenger seat spoke with a devious smirk. 

Getting the location on where his target hung out was just the first step... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 1.2K 31
Tell me why I can't seem to face the truth. I'm just a little too not over you. copyright @bootlegrayson
27.1K 1.1K 64
"I am yours. Don't give myself back to me."
726K 30.7K 61
Your marriage was failing but you weren't at fault and you weren't blind to the signs of faded love. When you found him cheating, you didn't give a s...
Hoe By ๐ŸŒš

General Fiction

340K 20.4K 32
Don't judge a book by its cover.