Dead Eye

By shachiseth

What happens when you wake up some day and find out that there is no resemblance to yourself in your own head... More

Chapter 1 Beginning Or Semicolon
Chapter 2 Clues Or Puzzles
Chapter 3 Mistaken Identity
Chapter 4 Puzzles And Troubles
Chapter 5 Gratitude And Attack
Chapter 6 Merry Christmas
Chapter 7 Dream Or Memory Relapse
Chapter 8 Shocks n Surprises
Chapter 9 Messing Present
Chapter 10 To Believe Or Not To Believe
Chapter 11 First Mission
Chapter 12 Skeptical Decisions
Chapter 13 Big Bad Day
Chapter 14 Jealousy And Spying
Chapter 15 Betrayal?
Chapter 16 Fight For Freedom
Chapter 17 Fast N Furious or Speed
Chapter 18 Help From Friends?
Chapter 19 Funeral
Chapter 20 Alive And Breathing
Chapter 21 Wrong Side Of Bed
Chapter 22 Who Are You?
Chapter 23 Open Up
Chapter 24 Shelter Home
Chapter 25 Troubled Memories
Chapter 26 Plan To Avenge
Chapter 27 Being Played!
Chapter 28 Fighting Rink
Chapter 29 Eiffel Tower Attack
Chapter 31 Friends With Benefits
Chapter 32 I Am Married
Chapter 33 Evidences in Bag
Chapter 34 Badass Cynthia!
Chapter 35 Tattoo And Its Mystery
Chapter 36 Peru Again!
Chapter 37 Dead or Alive?
Chapter 38 Get Set For Some Ass kicking
Chapter 39 The Big Attack
Chapter 40 Terrorist Attack
Chapter 41 Messenger Of Death
Chapter 42
Untitled Part 43 Not THE END

Chapter 30 Different Person

14 3 2
By shachiseth

Chapter 30

Different Person

John woke up to a very cheery atmosphere , jingles of laughter floating in the room.

"Oh you are up and awake. Oops!" John did not have to turn around to confirm it was clumsy Kathie.

"I am so sorry." She apologized "I did not intend to..."

'Hey Buddy" Danny slapped John on his shoulder as he sat on the bed the comforter still covering him below the hips.

He did not remember last time when he slept so leisurely. He could have slept the whole day but it was about time.

"Can I .. um.." Kathie was embarrassed 'use the rest room."

John held his lips glued to each other tightly. Only Kathie could do such a blunder. Both her boobs were drenched in some chocolate sauce exactly like she was wearing coffee colored bra.

John might have stared too long

"Its actually chocolate and caramel sauce we bought for you" Kathie was rambling. "This looks like super hero or super heroine wearing undergarments over dress, like superman wearing his underpants over pants except its not red but it is not.. I am so.." she flushed "Its inappropriate what I am talking. Actually I am happy to see you. So happy" she drooled

John furrowed his brows.

"Kathie " Danny called and John knew he too was holding his laughter "restroom is right there."

"OH O" Kathie blushed looking at herself and actually sprinted towards the rest room as if it was some race that she had to win.

Danny stared at John for a long time "you two really?" he nodded his head. "Are you ever going to act upon it?" he asked.

"No I don't think I will." John denied sadly.

"Why?" Danny asked.

"Because it was same with Natasha, mom, Dad. I liked all of them, loved them a lot." He paused, lost in his memories "We were together too but I know how tough it is to loose someone. I don't want myself or them to go through the pain that..." John stopped, his memories haunting him.

"What are you talking about?" Danny asked.

"Who's' losing who?" Kathie entered into the conversation.

"These Doughnuts are delicious" John complimented as he munched into a huge jumbo sized patisserie that Kathie had baked for him, actually changing the subject.

He'd realized it was too painful to talk about his family.

"Thanks" she blushed "actually I was supposed to dip them first and then come to you but in hurry I brought the doughnuts and the dips and look what I have done." She gestured towards her wet white tunic that had clung to her body and was transparent now.

John gulped his saliva looking at her, Danny simply smiled unaffected.

"You are right you prepared for the dips and doughnuts and then were supposed to use them together." John assessed the situation in his head.

While Danny and Kathie thought he'd lost his mind John pulled Kathie " Oh my God!" he said and kissed her on her forehead "you are amazing" and without uttering a word he left out of the room.

D where are you. " john shouted "D:

"Do you realize I am married and I need some family time too." D whined as he put on his dress suit following John to the room.

You had facts that *certain people were abducted right.

· Illegal immigrants were arrested and they had fake passports

· One of them had Olymics pass too, a hard copy

· Another resource mentions abduction of different people from different part of globe. All of them had Olympic passes

· According to statistics around 600,000 overseas visitors are expected at the inauguration and I clarify this is only the overseas visitors number; the number of people attending the ceremony is going to be still very huge.

So he circled Olympic, Tokyo in the map "this is their target, much bigger than Twin tower.

"Holy shit!" D was stunned "but don't you think Japan has and has always been a very safe country. The security system and procedures are flawless there?"

"That's what is bugging me." John accepted the glitch in his findings "attacking strong and they freaking have used AI for security." He moved his fingers into his hair "they have facial recognition system and also they have Robots for patrolling. How? I mean how?"

"I am up for the challenge D" John smirked adrenaline rushing in him for another challenge.

"And you think you are fit enough to solve and face the challenge head on." This was Dr. Markle ready with his dairy and other wires and stickers that he uses on John for treatment.

"Oh no" John made a sulking face.

"how did you know that all the abducted people were related to Tokyo Olympics in one way or another? We do not have any such data." D enquired.

"I don't know how. But I do." John answered.

"Is it a hunch?" D asked "a guess probably?"

"No I ma not guessing." He pressed his fingers to his head; the burning pain was back "I know it D. I am sure this is true but I don't remember how"

"No problems. I'll start the investigation right away."

"Are you alright?" Katherine asked "why are you plugged with so many wires ?.. "Aaahhaouch!" she fell on the couch which further hit the center table which further led to misbalancing of the crystal vase and it falling on the floor and shredding into pieces.

"Oh I am so sorry" Katherine immediately bent to pick the broken glasses and accidentally hurt herself.

"What the fuck" John yelled "Katherine" his voice loaded with concern as he immediately removed all his stimulators and reached Kathie to asses her hand licking her finger to stop the blood.

"I... I.." Katherine gulped her own saliva "a.mmm fine John' Katherine managed to speak.

John removed her finger from his mouth "You sure?"

Katherine licked her lip and nodded simply.

"Are YOU alright?" Danny asked looking at Dr. Markle and his first Aid kit."

John eased into the sofa offering his hand to Dr. Markle to continue his treatment.

"Danny this Dr. Markle is my pshychiatrist, Dr. this is Danny and she is.."

Before John could finish Dr. Markle answered "Katherine. I heard smiling mischievously at John"

Danny shook his hand with Doctor and Kathie followed too.

But before she could shake her hand Dr Markle applied a small bandage on he injured finger.

"Better?" John asked staring at Kathie oblivion of all the observing eyes at them.

Kathie too blushed "yes" letting the curtain of hair fallen her face to hide her blush.

"How's your dad keeping up?" John asked.

"He's civil" Danny chuckled "And I try not to murder him in his sleep."

"You can't even use a mosquito repellent spray Dan" John pointed out.

Danny turned scarlet looking at his shoes "Jokes part ' he said, "he's trying to accept me as I am. And whenever some shirtless guy turns up on TV, he stares at me to see my reaction. Its weird sometimes" Danny shrugged making others laugh. Nevertheless he punched JOHn "Did you forgetth fight I had with Jabber?"

"oh yes remember" John smirked "I had to jump into the rink to save your ass." He laughed making others laugh too.

"Its not funny" Danny said irritated "the other day at gym he did not let me go to jaccuzi because there were three other men in the tub. He needs to have serious awareness about the subject." Danny finished sadly.

"So you talk to him" Dr. Markle advised "It will be uncomfortable for him in the beginning. But he is your father after all, I am sure he'll understand"

"Will do" Danny said truly "thanks"

"And he might not show it but he loves you" John added "like you love him Dan."

"Yeah whatever" Danny smiled feeling awkward with all the attention.

"I want to help you John" Danny looked at John "last coupe of days when I tried to help those people from shelter home it felt great" Danny paused to collet the words from his head and heart "I realized that this is what I wanted to do. It felt blissful"

"You were a great help Danny" D intervened "but you cannot join the agency just like this abruptly. You need proper education and training for that. So for now I'd advice you to finish your studies and then apply for your services. I'd provide with all the help."

"You will help me?" Danny asked expectantly.

"Of course I will." D answered instantaneously and glad "we are always looking forward for young blood who are enthusiastic and determined to do something for the country."

Danny had the biggest ear to ear smile on his face.

"How did you dad get okay with umm.." not able to word it out loud Katherine simply made hand gestures.

"You mean gay" Danny was shocked at his bold acceptance of the fact that he was guy.

"Actually he was proud that I was smart and manly as if only men can save the world" Danny reminisced as he narrated the day "he said 'only real men do what you have done and hugged me for the first time since mom left"he looked at D "thanks D"

John realized that this was the first time there was no bitterness in Danny's voice when he mentioned about his mother. Probably he'll forgive her soon.

"Now I have to be with my patient alone" Dr. Markle announced.

"we.. we'll leave" Kathie stood up awkwardly from the couch but not without her trademark tripping.

Both John and Danny released the long breath they were holding when they realized that she did not harm herself.

"Bye man" Danny shook his hands with John, D and doctor.

They were about to leave when John stood up "wait I'll escort you till outside.

"no problem John" Danny denied "Dr. Markle is waiting.

John looked at Dr. asking for permission, which he nodded immediately.

"You love her. You know that?" D commented when John stood waving at the motorbike even when Danny and Kathie were out of sight.

John furrowed his brows

"You always said that Natasha could be the one but you did not want to hurt her if you died doing one of the tasks." D stated "but I have never seen you this crazy about Natasha like you are about Kathie."

John waved him off "why do you all think that I am attracted to Kathie?"

"You are not." D was shocked "why?"

"What do you mean why" John laughed "How can I love her. She is so clumsy, sweet, polite, too homely and she bakes such amazing patisseries, her pastries are so yumm and her smiles , they are so beautiful and so innocent one forgets that there is even evil in the world at all."

"You indeed love her John" Dr. Markle said "come I have a great idea to revive your memory."

"Idea?' John was perplexed.

"We have been trying to insinuate all the negative memories. Let us focus on your love life today." Dr. Markle stated.

"And how will that help us in solving this mystery about the terror attack?" Johnw as irriatted.

"Its not about work always "Dr Markle scolded "a healthy mind is a relaxed mind or loved mind and that will help you to revive your memory. And our target at the moment is to get your memory back."

"But.." John tried to argue

D however shut him down "John Markle knows his best and we trust him. Let him do his work. You just relax and follow his instructions.

"Whatever" John said half heartedly and slumped defeated on the sofa.

Dr. Markle pasted all the stimulators on his body and stated asking question

"who was Natasha?" he asked.

'Natasha was my colleague.' John answered instantly.

"How was she like, her qualities?" Dr. asked again.

"She was sharp and very professional, she could think widely in all perspectives."

"Did you like her?" Dr asked

"Yes I did. Actually everyone liked her except Georgia."

"Who is Georgia?" Dr noted down his answers with a brief comment and his findings.

"Georgia worked in AI department. I used to flirt a lot with her. But once Natasha and I started hooking up, I kind of stopped paying attention to her.

" So she was jealous?"

"Well maybe."

"And you liked it?" Dr Markle asked.

John opened his eyes "And that means?"

"Just kidding" Dr. Markle chuckled "you have always loved attention especially when it was from other sex"

"Whatever" John shrugged thinking 'I am a different person now'

Dr dismissed the conversation and asked another one

"Who was your first girlfriend?"

'My first girlfriend.. umm...I do not remember." John's breathing started getting shallow.

Dr Markle chose to change the topic "Do you love Katherine?"

"Katherine is a very sweet gir.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
Passion By Cookies2210

Mystery / Thriller

105 12 14
Lust is something I never felt towards anyone. Except in certain situations... I didn't know what was a greater sin, the act itself, or the lust that...
69 3 11
Suddenly waking up in a forest with no recollection would baffle you right? Well that's exactly what happened to Xander. Xander Danvie. A pretty norm...
57.3K 2.8K 9
In a world where you're born with the first name of your soulmate on your wrist, some people spend their whole lives waiting, while others know too m...