Our Destiny

By that_basicbitch_

Destiny is a funny thing... It will bring two together and just so happen to be the same thing that rips and... More

forword
THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
THE GOLDEN AGE
one
two
three
four
five
PRINCE CASPIAN
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
narnia: without the kings and queens of old
one
two
three
After Narnia
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
THE END

eleven

6.7K 144 27
By that_basicbitch_

{ chapter eleven ~ for my father }

The beautiful, Princess Mila was already awake long before the sun had risen that morning. She watched as the stunning orange orb cast shadows across the lands she had grown to cherish. Her mind often thought of the previous night. Her first kiss. A genuine kiss with someone that actually seemed to be interested in her. She couldn't stop the pastel pink blush that cascaded across her cheeks every time she thought of the boy. Peter Pevensie was like a drug. She couldn't get him out of her mind. And she didn't want him to...

The harsh gaze from the sunlight woke Peter Pevensie up bright and early that morning. A grin from the previous night was still etched on his face. No girl had ever shown interest in him. He had never really felt anything for a girl either, but Mila was special. He couldn't get her out of his head. He was beginning to catch feelings. And he didn't bother to stop them.

The reflection of the sun onto the little lake was beautiful at such an early hour in the morning. Mila watched as the water rippled when she threw stones into the unknown depths of the beautiful pool. She hadn't seen water move like that in a long time, it satisfied her. That morning was quite peaceful, and although Mila loved the hustle and bustle of camp, she also enjoyed the peace and quiet the little lake and the surrounding area gave. The almost silent morning was like music to her ears. The sound of the wild gave an almost rhythmic tone as it blew through the dancing trees. The sound of the running waterfall in the distance was heard clearly due to the silence, Mila loved the sound, it calmed her.

The voices of two girls soon joined with the singing wind and gushing waterfall. Mila lay quietly against a tree. "Beautiful day, isn't it?" She spoke up as Susan and Lucy rounded the corner. The two girls jumped, not realising the girl was there until she had spoken. "It is." Lucy smiled. "Have you been here long?" Mila shook her head, "Just since sunrise." She pointed to the lake, "The way the sun reflects on the water is picturesque and mesmerising." The two sisters glanced at the water. "Do you want to take a dip? It's quite hot, don't you think?" Lucy didn't wait for an answer before slightly lifting the hem of her blue dress and running to the shallows of the water. "Peter went to find you last night. He was gone quite a while." Susan said to Mila as the two made their way slowly to Lucy. "He found me if that's what you're asking," Mila responded before kicking of her shoes. "You two were gone quiet a while then. What did you two get up to?" Susan asked, a playful smile on her face. "We walked and talked. That's all." Susan raised an eyebrow. "Peter likes you."  She blurted. Mila chuckled. "I know." The eldest Pevensie girl's eyes widened, "You knew?" Mila nodded. "Princesses know a lot of things, especially when boys like them." She giggled. "Luckily for Peter, I like him too. Now, that's all I'm saying." She told her as she patted her shoulder. "Now come on Su! The water should be warm! The sun has been laying on it all morning!"

The three girls giggled and splashed each other as they stood in the shallows of the warmth of the water. Playful shrieks often escaped their perky pink lips as the water hit their faces. "I haven't had this much fun in forever!" Mila told the two girls as each of them splashed one another (mainly Lucy and Mila ganging up on Susan). "You don't find snow fun?" Lucy asked. Mila shook her head. "Snow is amazing! I just didn't get much time to be a child when I was a child. Running from the White Witch kind of became my main priority." She sighed. The looks of sadness and sympathy from the two girls were enough to depress her. "Now enough of that!" She told them before throwing water at each of them, causing their play fight to start up again.

A few squeals and splashes later, the three decided to take their leave. Susan was out first, she grabbed her towel from the tree, and Lucy and Mila remained in the shallow waters. The Princess pointed out small species that lived in the shallows to the younger girl and she named everyone. A growl and a scream from Susan was enough for Mila to turn around. "Please don't try to run. We're tired and we'd prefer to kill you quickly." Maugrim the Wolf snarled as he stepped toward the three girls.

Mila's eyes darted to her sword that lay next to Susan's horn. Her brown orbs then glanced at the other wolves that began to surround the area. Luckily Susan acted quickly, she threw the towel at the wolf before darting for her horn, and she also grabbed Mila's sword. During this, Mila and Lucy had run to a tree further from the wolves, who were slowly prowling towards them, as if they knew the three would be an easy catch. As soon as Susan returned, Mila helped her into the tree also. "Blow your horn!" Mila told her, "They'll hear it from camp!"

The Princess turned, her sword pointed toward the three wolves that had begun to surround the tree. "We meet again, Princess." Maugrim snarled. "I was once in a situation like this with your father, and it didn't end well," Mila grunted, she knew it didn't end well, she had witnessed the whole thing. Mila turned in multiple directions as Maurgrim circled her. "You don't want to end the same way do you?" He taunted her as he circled her. Mila followed his movements with her sword.

The wind had seemed to pick up, causing her hair to blow all over her face, she couldn't see. She jumped back slightly as she caught glimpse of Maugrim jumping at her. Her sword remained perfectly still. Mila gasped, the impact of her hitting the pebbles floor beneath her causing a temporary pain to shoot up her back. She glanced at the two wolves jumping at Susan and Lucy as they screamed from the tree. They were helpless. "Are you ready to die, Princess?" He questioned. "Like you should have alongside your family?" Mila sighed before struggling to stand up. "Get back!"

She turned to see Peter running towards her. "Susan and Lucy!" She told him. She watched as his bright blue eyes looked at his sisters and then back at the girl he had begun to feel for. "I'll be fine." He told him, but she didn't really know the answer. As he ran to help his sisters Mila turned back to the wolf, a sudden urge of strength hitting her, "Not yet." She replied before slashing her sword toward the wolf. Mila could see the struggle in his eyes, she turned out to be quite a good swordswoman. She smirked as Maurgrim darted, she followed him, knowing he was probably going to tackle Peter, with his accomplices.

"Come on!" One wolf said as they began to circle Peter, "We've already been through this before! We all know you haven't got it in ya!" Mila joined the boy's side, "I know you've got it, Peter." She whispered, "It's the person that makes the warrior, not the blade they hold." The two wolves continuously bared their teeth toward the two teens. Maurgrim grinned, "Isn't this nice?" He chucked, "The Princess and the Son of Adam. A beautiful, but tragic love story!" He bared his teeth once more, "And it hasn't even begun!" Mila would have said something sarcastically back if it wasn't for the yelp that came from one of the wolves.

Mila grinned as Aslan and a few of the army met their side. Orius smiled at the girl, probably proud of her showing her sword skills, and he unsheathed his own. "Stand your weapons. This is Peter's battle." Mila smiled at the boy. "You may think you're a King, but you're going to die, like a Dog!" He pounced so fast toward the boy, Mila didn't even have time to react. "Peter!" She gasped as she watched him fall to the ground. She fell to her knees as Susan and Lucy jumped from the tree. The three girls heaved the heavy and injured dog from the fallen boy.

Peter sat up, his eyes bloodshot from slight fear, he smiled as he saw his two younger sisters. Without hesitation, he hugged them. He probably didn't want to let go, after all, their safety lay in his hands.

Mila walked towards Maugrim a light frown on her face, she poked his wound slightly with her own sword. It caused him pain, but it caused her a lot of satisfaction. He jumped up almost instantly and dashed away. "Follow him," Aslan told the warriors that stood behind. "He'll lead you to Edmund." She told Orius, who rushed off almost instantly.

Peter made eye contact with Mila who stood a little away from Aslan and the siblings. She watched as he whispered something to the girls before he made his way over to the Princess. "Are you alright?" He asked her, a look of worry in his pretty blue eyes. She smiled as she hugged him. He stood at least half a foot taller than her, so to return the hug he had to bend slightly. The two teenagers remained in each other's arms for a small amount of time, it seemed right. Like they were just supposed to be, like two matching socks. "Peter?" Aslan spoke, breaking the small moment between the two, "Bring your sword."

Mila stood with Susan and Lucy as Peter bowed before his sword. Susan wore a grin on her face, she knew Peter and Mila had done more than talk and walk the previous night. Lucy wore a smile, she didn't quite understand what was going on but she had read fairytales and this seemed like one. Aslan placed a huge paw on Peter's shoulder, "Now Rise, Sir Peter Wolfsbane, Knight of Narnia." The boy was astonished as he turned to the three girls. Mila nodded, a smile on her face. He deserved it, and much more. "Mila," Aslan spoke, causing the girl to glance toward the lion. He beckoned her forward. He placed a paw on her shoulder, just like had done for Peter. "Rise, Mila Jones, Warrior of Narnia." She smiled as she looked at the lion. "Your father would be very proud Mila, I know he and your mother will be looking down and be very pleased with how far you've come." She nodded. "I hope so." It came across as a whisper before she joined Peter and the Girls. "What's next Knight of Narnia?" Lucy grinned at her brother. "Ask the Warrior of Narnia. She knows the place better." Mila chuckled. "Well, I'm quite hungry. How does lunch sound?" The Pevensies' siblings nodded eagerly. "Lunch sounds great."

Edited - 19/04/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 34.2K 63
What is Destiny? Does something like destiny exists in 21 century? When life has turn all modern. Where people believe that soulmates, true love are...
24.7K 421 14
Being brought back into the world of Narnia because of a train is totally normal... right? ~~~~~ Previously named 'The Prince' Started: May 1st 2020 ...
15.9K 1.8K 148
366 days, 366 one shots
5.6K 163 14
☪︎ℬℴℴ𝓀 𝒯𝓌ℴ☪︎ Odette Pevensie is ready to go back to Narnia. She knows her and her siblings are not done and she's starting to become impatient. Ho...