I'll Keep This Secret For You

By bucky_star

As an eighteen year old girl in Brooklyn, New York in the 1930's, falling pregnant unplanned is not on your a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Author's Note
Chapter 65
Sneak Peak
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Surprise!
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Author's Note
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Important Authors Note!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Authors Note
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Author's Note
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Author's Note
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Epilogue
Author's Note

MISSING CHAPTER

1.7K 37 7
By bucky_star

Author's Note: Hey guys, apologies if this is confusing but I have realised that when I moved this story into its own book I accidentally missed one of the chapters that I had already written! This part is supposed to go in between chapter 26 and chapter 27, so give it a read now! Sorry again.

You've never actually seen Bucky's new skills and abilities in action. Especially considering he's been doing all this training at the moment. You can see the benefits and how it is changing him physically but you've just never seen him put it to use. It's not that he hides them, you're sure he'd use them if he had to but it's just that around the house you generally don't need to run fast or lift heavy things or fight bad guys. Lately especially you've been particularly curious to see what he can do.

Well, today you get the chance to see, just not in the training centre like you wanted it to be.

                              ~~~~

You wake up fairly early feeling a strange butterfly-like sensation in your tummy. You gasp and place a hand over your small bump, the baby kicked. It hasn't done that yet.

Just as you turn over to Bucky all excited to show him you see that he's still asleep and don't want to wake him since it's his day off. He's really tired and probably needs it, especially considering he didn't sleep the whole way through last night.

You remember how much he loved to feel Luke kick, he didn't get to experience that with Isla so you're sure he'll love it with this one. You've still got a whole five and a half months to go so you get up to make yourself a cup of tea, figuring that there will be plenty more chances for Bucky to feel it and leave him to sleep.

Gradually throughout the morning Luke gets himself up and you get Isla up soon after. You go check on Bucky when it's starting to get late but find that he's still out to it, the covers drawn up to his nose. You have never seen something so adorable and you leave him to it.

Eventually it starts getting rather late and you actually start to get worried. He never sleeps this long, maybe he's sick? Can he even get sick? However, finally he emerges from the room wearing just his boxers, looking still half asleep and stretching, letting out a big groan.

"Oh good you're still breathing," you joke.

"Mm, what time is it?" He mumbles as he rubs his eyes.

"10am," you state.

"Oh crap," he says shocked as he shuffles over to you. "Sorry about that."

"No it's okay, you deserve it." You smile as you get up to meet him halfway. "I was awake early anyway. The baby was kicking."

"Aw really? I missed it? You should've woken me," he exclaims disappointedly. "It was the first time."

"You needed your sleep, and besides, they only did it once anyway, which was what woke me up so you probably wouldn't have got to feel it anyway," you explain.

"Okay," he pouts as he encircles you with his arms. "Good morning doll." He grins down at you, pecking your lips.

"Morning." You sigh, running a hand through his clean, silky hair.

"Daddy!" The kids squeal as they come running out and jump on him when they here that he's up.

"Ah! Good morning!" He cheers as he squats down and embraces them. "So, what do we want to do today?"

"Oh are we doing something?" you ask surprised.

"If you want to." He shrugs.

"Yes!" The kids screech and then a huge mixture of suggestions start getting thrown around the place.

"Can we go to the park?" Isla asks eagerly.

"Can we go bowling?" Luke suggests keenly.

"No I want to go swimming!" Isla exclaims.

"But I want to-"

"Mummy pleeeease?!"

"Daaaaaad-"

"Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into." Bucky huffs.

                             ~~~~

You walk along the footpath with Bucky and your two children on your way home from the theatre. That was what you all finally managed to agree on. It's one of the first afternoons you've all been able to spend together in a while so you're making the most of it.

Subconsciously you run a hand over your little forming bump and support it underneath while holding Luke's hand. On your other side is Bucky holding Isla on his hip with his hand around your waist. You can see Isla staring down at your growing tummy in amazement and can't help but find her fascination amusing. Ever since it started to become a bit obvious she's been obsessed with it.

"Mummy..." she says in an innocent voice eventually.

"Yeah baby?" you ask her.

"Luke was right, your getting fat," she blurts out.

"Oh! Isla!" You exclaim but can't help but laugh.

Bucky nearly falls over in a fit of laughter and Luke let's out a little giggle too.

"Excuse me missy, I'm growing your little brother or sister in here that you're so excited about. The least you can do is not tell me I'm fat." You gasp, pretending to be offended.

She just giggles and gives you a big cheeky grin, looking just the way Bucky does when he's like this.

"And you just wait, it's gonna get a whole lot bigger too," you add.

This only makes her laugh harder, meanwhile Bucky isn't helping either with the way he is practically bent over clutching his chest with his eyes watering.

"I hope it's a boy," Luke says hopefully.

"No I want a girl!" Isla exclaims.

"Well, we will just have to wait and see." You sigh and pat your bump. "But clearly someone isn't going to be pleased."

"I'll love them no matter what." Luke grins. "But you are getting big again," he adds with a naughty chuckle.

You roll your eyes. "You guys are so mean to me."

"Make it hurry up please!" Isla wines. "I wanna play with them."

"Yeah, come on fatty, hurry it up," Bucky teases before laughing so hard again that he can barely breath.

"Hey!" You exclaim and shove him playfully before resting your hand back on your belly.

It was definitely a mummy's boy and daddy's girl situation.

"Luke, they're being mean to me." You pout. "You were there last time and saw what it was like. Back me up."

"Yeah!" He starts, joining in on the fun. "Leave mum alo-"

Suddenly you feel his hand ripped from your grasp.

"What? Luke?" You frown, turning around thinking he's just gone to look at something in a shop window.

But instead you hear the most awful sound you've ever heard that makes your blood run cold and your heart shatter. Your child screaming.

"Ah! Mummy!" Luke cries out and you whip around just in time to see your son flailing about as a strange man runs off with him in his arms.

"Luke! Oh my god!" You shriek, completely loosing it.

You don't know what to do. You look around frantically to see Bucky transform from a goofy mess into complete seriousness just like that. His face goes hard and his brow creases in concentration. There is desperation in his eyes but he's not frantic, he's calm. Unlike you.

"Luke!" You cry, tears already streaming down your face. "Somebody help!"

You want to run after him, you start to run after him but your knees feel weak. Just then, you feel a cold, metallic hand around your wrist. You look back frightened and not fully registering that it's Bucky in your state.

"Stay here and hold her," he says sternly and hands Isla to you before taking off sprinting without another word, his jaw set and his eyes narrow and focussed in concentration.

She's crying now too, confused and worried about what's going on. People all around are gasping and shouting, looking and pointing at Bucky - the local war hero - but all too shocked to do anything. You crouch down on the pavement and wrap your arms around her little body, clutching onto her for dear life in case someone tries to take her too. All you can do is watch and hope and pray that Luke will be okay.

But as soon as you see Bucky running you know he will catch the man, although that doesn't make you feel any better. Someone took your son.

The man got a decent head start but Bucky seems to be covering three times as much ground as any normal human would with each step, he dodges through the crowd with impressive agility, brushing past strangers and practically jumping over little kids, waving people out of the way.

Your jaw drops open in amazement and shock.

"Mummy!" Isla wails. "What's happening to Luke?"

You can't find the words for a reply.

The kidnapper looks back and panics when he sees Bucky gaining on him so he crosses the road. Instinctively Bucky does the same thing but then a car cones around a nearby corner and doesn't see Bucky until there isn't enough time to slow down.

"Bucky look out!" You scream in terror.

But he simply slides over the cars bonnet while it is still moving and carries on. Up ahead the man falters at a corner, unsure of where to go.

You can hear Luke crying. "Daddy help me!"

This gives Bucky just enough time to make up the last bit of ground between them and he literally leaps and dives at the man before he can even see how close he is, snatches Luke out of his grip and falls to the ground, rolling to break the falls, shielding Luke with his metal arm and then pushing him out of the way before rushing to his feet, advancing on the man.

You can see the glare he has going from all the way back where you are and it makes even you feel uncomfortable. You've never seen him look or do things like this before. As Bucky charges at him, the man scrambles backwards towards the curb knowing that he's in trouble.

You don't know what Bucky's going to do but you are filled with dread. All of a sudden he reaches out and grabs the man by the throat with his metal hand, slamming him down into the concrete.

"How dare you!" Bucky shouts, a growling edge to his voice as the man claws at his throat, clearly struggling to breath.

You gasp. It's terrifying to see your husband being so violent. Hearing Isla whimper, you press her head into your chest and shield her eyes so that she can't see it. And good thing you do. It's like your so shocked now that you've stopped crying and all your attention is just on what Bucky is doing to this man. His normally clean cut, slicked back hair is now unruly with a few curls hanging in his face.

Next thing you know, Bucky is punching the guy hard in the face, multiple times, relentlessly until all of a sudden it becomes clear that the man is unconscious.

It's like this is all it takes for Bucky to snap back to reality out of that scary trance he was just in. He sits back on his heals, panting heavily, his face contorting into something resembling confusion and lifts his hands up in front of him. They're shaking as if he can't believe he just did that. Slowly he stumbles backwards and crawls so that he can sit at the base of a wall and lean against it for support, sitting there shocked.

Nearby, Luke sits in a ball, rocking back and forth, balling his eyes out. To be honest your not sure if either you or him is more scared of what happened to him or how Bucky reacted. Judging by the fact that Luke doesn't go near Bucky and just watches him wearily you think it's a bit of both.

Finally you come to your senses, scoop up Isla and rush over to Luke, pulling him straight into your arms and bursting out crying again.

"Oh Luke, oh my god baby I'm so sorry." You sob.

"Mummy," he whimpers and clings onto you for dear life, crying. "Mummy."

"It's okay, you're okay, you're safe," you hush him.

"Lukey! You're okay!" Isla exclaims and gives him a big hug.

You turn around to look at Bucky who is still hunched over, his head in his hands which are covered in the other mans blood, his chest heaving and a wild look in his eyes.

"Buck?" you ask softly. "Are you okay?"

"I-I, I ah, didn't mean to do that," he stutters breathlessly.

"I know, it's okay. You were just protecting Luke," you say as you reach out a hand for him.

You can tell that something isn't right and that you need to be strong for him right now. Luke is safe. You're all okay. That man deserved what he got.

He shuffles forward to you and instead of grabbing your hand completely envelopes you in a hug. He holds you so tight and you can feel his whole body shaking.

Now that the kids can see that he's okay and normal again they both come over to you guys and squeeze in between you to join in the hug. You let out a laugh, thick with tears as you see Isla cute, beaming little face pop up in front of yours.

"Thank you so much dad," Luke mumbles as he wraps his arms around his neck. "You saved me, I love you."

Bucky rests his chin on his shoulder and closes his eyes relieved.

"I love you too." He sighs.

You can tell that he's just happy that the kids aren't too freaked out.

                               ~~~~

You quickly make your way home and the rest of the afternoon pretty much consists of the four of you cuddling up together on the couch, not really talking. The kids sleep in your bed tonight. But even with the kids in between you, Luke cuddling into your side like a koala in a tree and Isla blissfully stretching out in her own content little bubble taking up the most room even though she's the smallest, you can tell Bucky isn't right. He faces away from you and keeps to himself, not hugging you guys back. The kids probably think he's asleep but you know that he isn't.

He probably won't sleep at all tonight and neither will you. Too much is going through your mind. You can't help but be aware that when Hydra had Bucky they did things to him, you don't know what, but they did. And super soldier serum or not, you saw a dark streak in him today. Something that no amount of training could cause. It makes you wonder even more what really happened to him in there and what they did to him or more importantly, put into him.

You just hope that he doesn't close off from you after today like he does have a tendency to do when he feels guilty. Not that he should do because he really was just protecting his son, like any normal father would. It's just that he's got some enhancements.

By the time the morning comes you have one question on your mind that you think might help this situation. The kids are up and out of bed jumping around before you or Bucky, the events of yesterday seemingly forgotten.

When you have managed to shoo them out of the room you move over and snuggle up next to Bucky. He's awake but still dozing lazily, lying on his stomach with his head facing you and his eyes closed.

"What do you want to do today?" You ask lightheartedly.

"I probably need to go for a run and get a workout in at some point or else Steve will be on my case," he murmurs huskily.

Or you just want some time alone to think. You think to yourself.

"Buck," you whisper hopefully.

"Mhm," he mumbles croakily.

"Can I come watch you train some time?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 19K 180
‼️The story is in 2 parts, Enjoy!! Self-insert‼️ You are a former Black Widow who has been in hiding for years. You have made amends and have dealt w...
256K 5.9K 57
Your whole life you had been picked on, along with your twin brother Steve. You both were born very small and had multiple health problems. But the b...
1.3K 84 19
"𝙸 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš πšŠπš—πš—πšŠ 𝚜𝚊𝚒 πšπš˜πš˜πšπš‹πš’πšŽ '𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ πšπš˜πš›πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›." ───── β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ───── Born November 11th 1917, Ele...
1.4K 82 54
'𝐈 π–πˆπ’π‡ 𝐈 π‚πŽπ”π‹πƒ 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 πŒπ„, π…πŽπ‘ π˜πŽπ”.' ††† Even if every memory from 1917 comes roaring back to you, being a former Hy...