Path to Destiny

By lovely-lights

A country divided by two. Lamia Sphinx The two countries have lived in peace till they both faced a dilemma... More

intro
Lamia [1]
Sphnix [1]
Lamia[2]
Sphnix [2]
Lamia [2]
Sphnix [3]
Lamia [3]
Sphnix [4]
Lamia [4]
Sphnix [5]
Lamia [5]
Sphnix [6]
Lamia [6]
Sphnix [7]
Lamia [7]
Sphnix[8]
Lamia [8]
Sphnix [9]
Lamia [9]
Sphnix [10]
Lamia [10]
Sphnix [11]
Lamia [11]
Sphnix [12]
Lamia [12]
Sphnix [13]
Lamia [13]
Sphnix [14]
Lamia [14]
Sphnix [15]
Sphnix [15.5]
Lamia [15]
Sphnix [16]
Lamia [16]
Sphnix [17]
Lamia [18]
Sphnix [18]
Author's Note
Sphnix [19]
Lamia [19]
Sphnix [20]
Lamia [20]
Sphnix[21]
Lamia [21]
Not an update but....
Sphnix [22]
Lamia[22]
Endymion
Authors Note

Sphnix [3]

4.2K 231 64
By lovely-lights

Jimin was in his room getting ready for his assignment that his king is making him do. Jimin woke up in a horrible mood since he was tossing and turning the whole night.

I'm not just his second in command, I'm his best friend. And he making me go to the other side to invite the Queen here. He just killed me.

Jimin was lost in his thought when RM walks in his room. RM can see by Jimin expression that he was not happy about this, but they know to not go against the king.

"Hey Jimin, how do you feel?"

Jimin then to RM with annoyed expression. "At my funeral, do not invite the king."

RM chuckles, "You aren't going to die."

"He is making me break a law that was set by our ancestors." Jimin shriek out. "I'm dead."

RM smiles at Jimin. "But you have an advisor that stayed up all night getting a hold of the Queen advisor. And they guaranteed a safe arrival and back."

Jimin gave RM a curious look. "Can we trust them?"

RM took a deep breathe. "I don't know but I think we're are going to find out."

"That's what you have for me?" Jimin said in defense .. He hung his head low. "I'm going to die aren't I?"

King Jungkook came in and sat down on a chair in Jimin's room.

"You aren't going to die. You are being dramatic."

Both Jimin and RM turned when they heard his voice.

"You." He points at Jungkook. "Why couldn't you sentence me to death like any normal way."

King Jungkook shakes his at his friend behavior with a smirk. "Don't call me an idiot next time."

Jimin scoffs, "Asshole."

King Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, "I'm okay with that."

"Oh yeah, that doesn't ruffle your feathers but calling an idiot does." Jimin argues.

King Jungkook rolls his eyes, "Are you done crying yet?"

"But I don't wanna go." Jimin whines.

RM laughs at his friend. "I'm going to make sure V is ready for everything."

RM walks out the room. The two remaining men in the room eye each other, challenging one another.

"It's not bad. RM is making sure you come back safe." King Jungkook assures his second in command.

Jimin pouts a little. "I'm not questioning your loyalty, I'm questioning her's." He points to the window.

"Look, if you come back fine, you eat the head of the table for a week. And if you die, you have my permission to haunt me for  two weeks." The king wavier.

Jimin face scrunch up in confusion, "How is sitting at the head of the table a reward?"

"It's not. Your life is your reward, the placement of the table is a bonus." King Jungkook explains.

"Seriously, how can you treat your best friend like this?"

"I trust my second in command, so I wouldn't put this responsibility on anybody. It just happens to be that second in command is my best friend." The king tells him.

Jimin looks at his friend and put down his guard. Jimin knew the king was right and hated it. But doing something hasn't been done in forever will take someone who has a name and someone the king trust.

"Well if you put it like that." Jimin grumbles.

King Jungkook nods his head in thankfulness. He knew that this was a semi suicide mission but he knew his friend will do good.

When he walks out of the room, he saw his cousin, Princess Jennie, eyeing him as if he was crazy. He doesn't know if his cousin is well aware of what is going and he hope she doesn't find out soon.

Princess Jennie can feel the palace vibe has shifted but no one is telling her anything. Even Suga refuse to give her any news. She knew the only way to get answers was to go the King directly.

"What is going on?" She ask her cousin.

"What do you mean?" King Jungkook throws back to her.

She stood up straighter, "Why is everyone acting weird. RM has his speed walking shoes on and you haven't been in your study's all day."

"Are you speculating something?"

"I am, but I don't know what I'm really speculating." She pouts.

King Jungkook walks towards his cousin with a gently sincere expression. "Don't worry too much. Everything is okay. Something unexpected came up but you know it will be nothing in a couple of days."

Princess Jennie looks her cousin in the eye, he doesn't know this but she can when he is lying. But she decides to make him believe she believes him. But she knew deep down, she wasn't going to let it go.

She puts a smile on her face. "If you say so."

"I say so." King Jungkook said.

"Do you think the you will reconsider the royal ball?" The princess ask bashing her eyelashes.

King Jungkook chuckles, "Sorry cousin, not this year. I'll consider it next year."

King Jungkook walks away without giving his cousin a chance to fight.

Princess Jennie knows something is up and she hates the fact the king always shield her away from the responsibility.

Suga saw Jennie in the hallway pouting. He knew she wasn't happy and was determined to find out what is happening.

Suga signed and stood in front Jennie. "What ever you are thinking about, I'm begging for you to not."

Jennie eyes glared are Suga, "You know something. You just won't tell."

"He is my king, I- "

"You are my royal guard!" Princess Jennie cuts him off. Her eyes sadden, "You are suppose to be with me."

Suga hung his head low in sadden. This is one of the struggles he had. Choosing his King side or the love of his life. Both royalty.

"Princess -"

"Jennie." She cuts him again. "You know when we are alone, you call me Jennie. Not Princess Jennie."

Suga gave a small smile to her. "Jennie... let things cool down a little. There is something bigger happening bigger than the royal ball."

Jennie rolls her eyes but Suga can see that she was slowly easing up. And internally he sign out in relief.

Princess Jennie looks around and saw the hall empty. She got on her tippy toes and gave a peck on his cheeks , then runs away.

Suga doesn't blush but his heart skip a beat. Because of his role, Jennie and Suga can not fully be in a relationship but they slip up on some moments. Those little moments keep him up all night.

Jimin walks out of his room and stared at Suga with a smirk. "You know, you two should be a little more careful."

Suga turns to Jimin and bows. "Seriously bro? Stand up." He tells Suga.

Suga stood up straight. "I forget sometime."

Jimin scoff, "No shit, and we feel like assholes when we tell you what to do."

Suga feels grateful for his friends but he always been the stern preserve side and with his tittle, he is more preserve than before.

Suga cleat his throat to move on. "Are you leaving soon?"

Jimin nod his head. "Yeah."

"Be safe my friend."Suga tells him.

"I will." Jimin nods his head.

"Be good. I was told there are a lot of pretty ladies there. So be very good." Suga warns him.

Jimin chuckles. "No promises but I will do my best."

Jimin and Suga heard footsteps coming down the hallway and V stood there with a straight posture.

The curly hair guard was worried but he knew the King wouldn't risk his second in command life if it was a a suicide mission. That's was the hope he was hanging on with.

"The car is ready sir." V announces to Jimin.

Jimin took a deep breath before he starts to walk off. When he was at the step, V follows.

They made it to the door and the guards open the door for both Jimin and V. When they got in the car, the two men relax and as they sat down. Jimin felt a gaze and he looked around and saw the King watching him from the window on the third floor.

The King gave Jimin a subtle nod for a good luck and Jimin did the same. Jimin relaxed a little bit then turn to V.

V hasn't said a word and knew his guard wasn't happy either.

"We are going to be okay." Jimin tells V.

V looks over to his friend. He felt bad that Jimin was trying to consult him when he was his guard. V ignore the worrisome in his chest and nod his head.

Jimin reach his right arm in a fist and V saw the gesture and laughs. V did the same and gave each other a fist bump.

"Sir it's going to be a couple of hours, so please sit back and relax." The driver tells Jimin.

Jimin leans his head back and close his eyes hoping a short nap will make the time go faster.

V stayed up making sure the ride was safe.

After two and half hours they made it to the Lamia side and V stared out the window to see the difference. Oddly enough it wasn't much different than the Sphinx.

"Are you sure we are in the Lamia side?" V ask the driver.

"Yes sir. You see those houses?" He points to small set of houses.

V squints his and saw the houses, "Yeah?"

"Next to the houses on the wall, the painting." The driver continues to point out.

And he see the dark background with constellation in the back with a picture of a naked girl in water with a cloud covering her too face. It was beautiful. And on top the word "Lamia" was on it.

"I guess we are here." Jimin's voice started V.

"Yeah I guess we are." V agrees.

After another twenty minute drive, they made it to palace just as big as the Sphinx's castle. There were guards all out in the front. And they look well alert.

V saw a two beautiful ladies on top of the stairs. One women radiate out power and kindness at the same time. One women stood out the most for V, a beautiful black hair girl. Her smile was bright as the sun and V became speechless.

Jimin saw his guard with his mouth wide open staring at the a women next to the Queen. Jimin pinch the bridge of his nose.

V is friend but why did he had to get the most distracted person as his royal guard.

"V" Jimin call his name, when he didn't hear a response he loo up at his friend. And sure enough V was still awestruck by the women. "V!" Jimin call his name a little louder.

V finally shut his dry mouth. "Yeah?"

"Let's not forget this is business not pleasure." Jimin reminds him.

"Yeah. Sorry." V apologizes.

The door opens us and V was the first to get out and bow the guards, then Jimin was next.

They saw the queen at the top of the stairs smiling at the two.

Here goes nothing, Jimin tells himself.

They start to walk up the stairs self consciously but alert at the same time. They made it to the top about three steps down from the Queen.

"Queen Lalisa, my name is Jimin the second of command of the Sphinx. It is an honor to meet you. I thank you for your trust of my safety." Jimin greet the Queen.

"The pleasure is all mine. And I hope you travel well here."

"It was." He gestures to V. "This is my royal guard,V." He introduces the him to the two ladies.

V eyes glued to the dark hair girl. She must have not notice his gaze on her or if she did, she hid it well.

"His name is V?" The Queen question.

"It's Kim Taehyung. But we call him V because it was his name as he was growing up." Jimin explains.

"I see. And this is Jisoo, the royal advisor of the Lamia." The Queen introduces the dark hair girl.

Jisoo bows as she greet the two men.

"Umm my cousin is here, she is running a little late but will -"

"I'm here!" A beautiful long blonde hair girl with round beautiful face girl came to Jimin's view.

All of a sudden he became mute.

"I am so sorry I am late. It is nice to meet you. I'm Princess Rose." Rose bows to the men.

V bows waited for Jimin to regreet them but nothing. V look up confused and saw Jimin staring at the princess.

V clear his throat getting his attention.

Jimin dragged his off of Rose and question V silently. V gesture with his eye and body toward the three ladies. They were silently arguing about the confusion.

"I believe, he is asking you to introduce yourselves again due to my tardiness." Rose voice brought his eyes back to hers.

He smile of embarrassment. "I am sorry. Yes, my name is Jimin. The second of command of the Sphinx and this is V my royal guard." Jimin said again as he look into the princess eyes.

He can see the faint tint of pink on her cheeks and his smile widen at the cute shyness of the beautiful princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 135 16
Kim Taehyung and Kim Jennie were so inlove with eachother but because of some reason they got separated but never able to get over from eachother but...
133K 2.7K 29
"I still love you, Kim Taehyung" "Jennie, forever may not be for us, but I will still love you until my last breath" Taehyung cheated on Jennie wit...
66K 2.1K 21
When Jennie Kim only wants to live her own life, Jisoo, her bestfriend forces her to get a new job as a cook in a big company where the CEO is unknow...
638K 14K 35
Liskook: Lisa and Jungkook's friendship was lost when Lisa had enough of being Jealous because of Jungkook and Tzuyu. Jirosé: Jimin uses Rosé just t...