Just a Kiss Series

By somebody1994

It all began with a kiss... *** "Now I'm going to tell you something and I want you to listen. I don't want e... More

Losing Her
Part One: Just a Kiss
Chapter One: The Party and the Kiss
Chapter Two: The Aftermath
Chapter Three: Telling Lukas
Chapter Four: Learning the Truth
Chapter Five: The Baby and a Happy Ending
Part Two: More Than a Kiss
Chapter Two: Getting to Know Ryan
Chapter Three: One Drunken Night
Chapter Four: Not Again
Chapter Five: The Past, the Present and the Future
Chapter Six: Returning Home
Chapter Seven: Charlotte
Chapter Eight: Making the Right Choice
Part Three: Beyond a Kiss
Chapter One: New School, New Bully
Chapter Two: After school Kiss
Chapter Three: His Dirty Secret
Chapter Four: One Simple Question
Chapter Five: Not His Secret Anymore
Chapter Six: He Should Have Listened
Chapter Seven: Now What?
Chapter Eight: Early Delivery Causes Fear
Chapter Nine: A Simple Mistake
Chapter Ten: Where Do We Go From Here?
Part Four: No Where To Hide
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter One: First Impressions

124 4 0
By somebody1994

I open the door of the two bedroom apartment I've been living in since I was eighteen shutting the door behind me. "Honey, I'm home!" I shout through the empty apartment placing my keys down on the stand to my right.

I sigh loudly as I walk to the couch on the left to sit down all alone wishing June didn't decide to move out last week so I wouldn't be so lonely right now. She's so uncaring sometimes not once thinking how I would feel being stuck here in the apartment living by myself. I know she moved out because she wanted to get a place with her boyfriend but come on she could have at least gave me more than a week's notice. Now I'm the one here having to find a roommate to split the rent with or else I'll be stuck with all the bills. I could probably afford it but I would have to drastically change my living expenses when I really don't want to at the moment.

Besides me having to change my spending habits I would still be left alone in this apartment. I already know I hate being alone even for an hour which makes living by myself out of the question. I need some sort of human contact every day at home or else I'll never want to be home in the first place.

A boyfriend would make up for me being lonely but right now I'm not seeing anyone and quite honestly I'm not interested in dating. I already learned all my relationships end horribly and I'm not about to get my heart broken again so soon.

I pull my phone out of my front jean's pocket swiping the screen to unlock noticing the missed call and voicemail on the top left corner of the phone. I click to check the voicemail knowing it's probably another potential roommate I will have to show the apartment to and probably reject. It seems like most of the people that have been asking about the room end up being total creeps.

"You have one new voicemail. Sent at 5:43pm" the annoying computerized woman's voice says.

"Hi, I'm Ryan I was calling about the room for rent. I saw the posting online and I'm definitely interested. I just moved here from out of state for a job and I'm looking for a place desperately. If it's still available please get back to me at this number thanks." I hear a male voice say sounding too desperate for my liking.

I hang up looking back at my call history wondering if I should give him a call. What if he's just like the other people I've gone through and it's a big waste of time? First impressions give everything away which is why all the other ten people I never got back to.

I know I have no right to be picky but I do have to live with the other person. I know for sure I don't want a slop living with me that I have to clean up after or some weirdo that I can't trust alone. I guess I'll call him what's the worst that could happen after all since he's just going to look at the place?

I hit call feeling nervous as I do which makes no sense. Why am I nervous? Maybe it's because talking to guys have always made me nervous since I was a teenager. Hopefully he doesn't answer and I can just leave a voicemail. Talking on the phone isn't something I like doing with people I don't know.

The phone continues ringing for what seems like forever when someone finally answers. "Hello?" I hear the same guy's voice from the voicemail.

"Hi, this is Lukas you called about the room for rent and I'm getting back to you." I say a little nervous.

"Oh yeah hi, is it still available?" he replies.

"Yeah would you like to check it out?" I ask not sure what I should expect of Ryan. So far he doesn't sound like a bad guy but that's just over the phone.

"Sure how about tomorrow if that's fine with you?" he asks waiting for an answer.

"Yeah that's fine whatever time works for you is great." I reply.

"Okay I'll be there at one tomorrow. See you then." he says.

"Okay," I say before ending the call relieved he didn't ask tons questions about the apartment over the phone like other people have. I mean come on why do people feel the need to ask so much on the phone when they can just come and see the place for themselves? I'm not the best describer on the phone when it comes to things like this anyway. It's a two bedroom apartment not much to describe over the phone. It's pretty nice for my first apartment I have to admit.

A big cozy living room on the right as you enter the front door that has a descend size flat screen tv, a grey couch sits only feet away, a coffee table in front, bookshelves on both sides of the tv stand that contain a collection of books I've gotten over the years along with movies, a computer desk where my laptop rests along with a chair against the wall. A washer and dryer can be found in the closet to the left where you walk in. A kitchen with plenty of room past the closet with an opening in the middle to look into the living room, granite counter tops with dark wooden cabinets up above. Against the wall farther to the left is a table to sit at to eat that sits four. Then there are two bedrooms in the hallway. The master bedroom is to the right which belongs to me and there is another bedroom to the left. There are bathrooms in both rooms which is nice not having to share.

It's a pretty good place except for the fact that I live in an apartment complex and have to walk up the stairs to get to the third floor when the elevator is out of order. Don't ask me about the other people that live here because I don't know anything about them. A great place but lonely when you have no roommate to talk to when I have a two bedroom apartment to myself. This is why tomorrow at one I hope this Ryan isn't that bad or judgmental about me being gay because I need someone to keep me company.

***

The next day...

I look at my phone checking the time for the hundredth time today. It's already 12:55 and I just want to get this over with already. How much longer do I have to wait until he arrives? I'm not in the mood to sit around waiting for him even though I know already he isn't late yet I'm just being impatient like I always am. Just as I think about calling him I hear a knock at the door.

I walk over to the door sliding my phone back into my pocket hoping more than anything he's better than the last guy I let see the room. I open the door seeing a guy standing in front of me with the most beautiful sea blue eyes I've ever seen with dark black hair. A crimson smile on his face making me want to blush. He looks older than I thought on the phone probably in his late twenties but everything about him seems perfect. Age is but a number right?

"Uh come in," I finally force myself to say turning and looking away so he won't see me blush. God I'm so stupid sometimes I was practically drooling as I was looking at him. Come on Lukas he's here to look at the room not to go out with you.

"Thanks for letting me see the place today. I was a little nervous when I called thinking you probably found someone already since it was posted two weeks ago." he says closing the door behind him

"No, it's still available." I say not going to admit the reason why it's still available is because I've been picky about finding a new roommate.

"Well that's better for me since I'm definitely interested. I get access to the kitchen and living room right?" he says as he walks inside looking around.

"Yeah and you get your own bedroom and bathroom. Cable and internet is included too. Do you want to check out the room?" I reply as I think to myself that he's definitely my type.

"Sure but I think I'm pretty sure I want it," he says.

"We split the rent." I say trying to distract myself from looking at him even more and saying something I might regret.

"That's no problem I can afford it I start my new job on Monday and can pay for the rest of this month remaining to move in tomorrow that's if you say I can have it. You don't have to worry I'm not loud or going to bring people over. To be truthful you're the first person I've talked to since I moved here." he says as we stop in front of the bedroom and I open the door for him to look inside.

"Where are you from?" I ask curious to find out more about him.

"Iowa, I finally decided to leave and move here." he says taking a brief look at the room then his eyes returning to me.

"That's where I used to live until I moved away about two and a half years ago." I say glad that I left and moved to California.

"Really? Well maybe that's why I was destined to find you. We have things in common already?" he replies.

"I guess so. So how about tomorrow you move in and I'll give you the key?" I say hoping I don't regret this.

"Tomorrow it is I'll see you then and thanks by the way." he says with a smile as he starts walking to leave.

"You're welcome thanks for finally letting me not have to look for a roommate anymore." I say wishing I came up with something better to say.

"That wasn't what I was talking about but thanks for this too." he says giving me a bigger smile as he turns around making me confused.

"What were you talking about?" I ask.

"For you not hitting on me. See you tomorrow and just so you know I'm single." he says walking out the door leaving me frozen as I'm left standing there by the door shocked at what he just said.

Is he that into himself to think everyone will hit on him or was it that obvious I was checking him out? Whatever it was now I feel completely embarrassed and to make it worse I'm going to have to be living with him.

"I can't have him he'll probably just end up hurting me like the others." I tell myself out loud knowing it's probably the truth.

I really wish I could though because he's probably good in bed. I guess I'm just going to have to dream about being with him because I know sleeping with my new roommate I hardly know probably isn't a good idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 565 34
We weren't sure if this was love or not. But, the kiss we shared was something I never felt before in my entire life... Something I never felt with h...
6.1K 0 4
"I really.. really want to kiss you..." He leaned in even closer. I wouldn't want anything more right now either.. "So then kiss me..." My heartbe...
2.1M 82.3K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
567K 26.1K 80
"All I wanted for my birthday was a new car or maybe a few new pairs of shoes," I shake my head as I look at the thing they call a 'gift', "But no. Y...