Ethereal Shadows (Bts x reade...

By Starstarcheers

"What are you hiding?" "It's nothing." ~ "Where is she?" "She was right beh... More

Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
🎉Extra【1】Christmas Special🎄
31
32
33 [Yoongi]
34 [Jimin]
35 [Jin]
37 [Jungkook]
38 [Namjoon]
39 [Taehyung]
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
🎉Extra【2】100k♡
72
73
74
75
76
🎉Extra【3】Christmas Special☃️
🎉Extra【4】 New Year's Special✨
77
78
79
80
81
Diary Entry #1
82

36 [Hoseok]

1.1K 43 11
By Starstarcheers

Third person's POV
Name: Jung Hoseok
Known as: Jhope
Family members: Father{Mr L/N} (deceased), mother{Ms Jung} (deceased)
Gang: BTS

-

Age: 4

"Mummy where is daddy?", Hoseok asked his mother as she was cradling him at home.

"He's busy at work hun.", Hoseok's mother replied as she smiled warmly at her son.

"Why is he always at work? Does he not love us anymore? Was I a bad boy? I'm sorry if I was, I'll try to be better", Hoseok whimpered.

"No, no sweetie it's not your fault. It's just that daddy has to work to support us. He loves you very much." she answered as she brushed her fingers gently through Hoseok's hair.

Hoseok relaxed into his mother's touch as he gave a small yawn.

"Is my little baby tired? Come let's get you to bed."

Tucking Hoseok into bed, she was about to leave when Hoseok tugged his mother's sleeve. "Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?"

"Of course my child. Would you like mummy to sing you a song?"

"Yes please mummy!" Hoseok exclaimed, feeling excited.

"Alright, just relax.", his mother breathed as she started to sing.

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the music gone, gone

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Slowly but surely, Hoseok was lulled to sleep by his mother's melodic tune.

-

Age: 6

*Crash*
Sounds of glass shattering was heard coming from downstairs shaking Hoseok up from his dreamless sleep.

In his sleepy state, he hobbled to the edge of the staircase curious as to what was happening.
With the staircase hiding his small frame, he peeked at what was happening below.

"Why do you smell like a women's perfume?!" he saw his mother scream as tears were falling from her face.

"It's none of your business!", his father pushed her away roughly.

"What do you mean it isn't?! I'm your wife!", she screeched.

"And so what?! You don't work, all you do is laze around all day!"

"Excuse me?! You were the one who wanted me to stay at home so that I can take care of Hoseok and now you blame it on me?! Ridiculous! Do you think it's easy to manage the house? When have you ever did the chores? Where do you think the cooked food comes from? Or the clean clothes? The laundry doesn't wash itself and nor does the food magically cook themselves!"

"And? To do all that you need money right? Money for the food and the water. Who do you think pays the house bills?!", he yelled back.

"It doesn't seem that way to me. Recently I've been getting calls for overdue payment, saying that we haven't paid our bills?! You coming home smelling like alcohol! What the heck is happening?!"

"That's my problem, just fuck off!", he shouted.

"No! I am your wife and I deserve to know what is going on!", Hoseok's mother insisted.

"SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME BE!", Hoseok's dad hollered as he stomped out of the house and swinging the door hard, causing it to slam shut with a loud bang.

Hoseok stood there frozen still. His whole body shivering from head to toe. He couldn't believe it. He can't seem to make sense to it.
Where did his father go? Why did he change? And what was to happen to him?

-

Age: 8

"Why are you here drinking alone?", a slender woman asked Hoseok's father as she sat onto the seat beside him.

"I lost my job and is seriously in debt. I just wanted to drown my sorrows." he replied curtly while downing another shot.

"What about your family? Can't they help you?"

"My family? Pfft. Yeah right. Except for my son crying tears and my wife scolding me for drinking so much, they are practically useless." he scoffed.

"How about I cut you a deal? You come with me and I assure you that all your worries will disappear.", she proposed.

"What's in it for you? There must be something. Isn't there?" Hoseok's father's eyes narrowed suspiciously at the woman before him.

She smiled as she used her finger and pooping up Hoseok's father's chin as she stared into his eyes. She leans in and whispered, "You don't recognize me any more bub?"

His eyes still held confusion until he understood. "Angel?"

"Oh, so you recognize me? Good job." she spoke sarcastically.

"W-why?"

"Don't you want to meet our daughter?"

"What do you mean by our daughter?", the man was stunned.

"You didn't use protection did you?"

"Holy shit!", he swore.

"Come. Join me"

-

Age: 13

A few years ago, Hoseok's father left. He left Hoseok, his mother and most importantly a load full of debt.

Hoseok's mother worked day and night, trying to pay off his stupid debt including Hoseok's school fees. While Hoseok was still a student, after school he would look for jobs, doing part-time. Though finding a job was difficult and the pay was low due to his age, he made do with anything. They were both struggling, barely holding on, but they were surviving.

Of course, that was until Hoseok's mother fell ill. And everything fell through. Hoseok's part-time job couldn't support the both of them. He dropped out of school to work and take care of his mother. But with no money, it means the lack of healthcare and medication. His mother wasn't left with a lot of time.

-

Age: 14

*Huff* *Huff*

Hoseok was breathing heavily as he ran swiftly and quickly. He wore a jacket and behind the jacket hid a few packets of crackers that he stole.

Picking up his footsteps and making a sharp turn, he lost the people chasing him and he dashed home.

"Here mother, have something to eat.", Hoseok tenderly shook her, waking her frail body up.

"Hoseok ah, you shouldn't steal you know."

"I know but what choice do we have? It's all that douche bag's fault.", Hoseok fumed slightly.

~

It was another day and Hoseok stood in the convenience store with his hands in his hoodie pocket.
The bells of the door jingled once again signaling that someone has entered, yet Hoseok paid it no mind.

Casually walking down the aisle, Hoseok was about to grab a packet of biscuits and hide it into his hoodie when a hand grabbed his wrist stopping him from what he was about to do.

Hoseok feared the worst until he turned to face the person. Much to his chagrin and relief, it was just a boy. He looked even younger than him in fact.

The boy shook his head before motioning Hoseok to go outside.
Hoseok still confused did as he was told and stood outside. A moment later the familiar jingle of the bell sounders and the boy walked out, tossing him a bag.

Opening the bag Hoseok's jaws nearly dropped. There was a little of everything. He glanced at the young boy as he spoke, "Thank you"

"No problem. Just don't steal again" the boy spoke, his voice slightly startling Hoseok.

"No promises.", Hoseok joked lightly.

The boy laughed as he introduced himself "I'm Kim Taehyung, age 13"

"L/N Hoseok, age 14. So you're only a year younger than me. Gosh, you look so young." Hoseok exclaimed, slightly shocked.

"Thank you I guess"

"But Taehyung, why did you help me?"

"You seem like you needed one. You really shouldn't steal. Plus money isn't very important to me.", Taehyung shrugged.

As they conversed, they walked. And without realizing the ended up together in a park. Both of them sat down on the bench as they continued their conversation.

"Why are you out here? And without anyone to look after you?", Hoseok asked Taehyung. Feeling rather curious as to why someone like him would be wandering alone out instead of being at home.

"I-I snuck out of the house." Taehyung muttered as he looked to the ground.

"What?! You really should go back." Hoseok stated.

"I know, and I will. So, why were you trying to steal anyways?"

Hoseok hesitated for a while and a silence settled between them.

"Hey, it's okay if you don't want to tell me." Taehyung assured.

"No, no, it's quite alright. Well, my father ran away with another woman leaving my mother and I to carry his debts. I was still quite young at that time and my mother had to support my education while paying off the debts. She worked extremely hard to earn enough money to get by. I even tried working part-time to lighten her load. But alas it wasn't enough. She fell ill as her body couldn't take the stress anymore. I dropped out of school to work and try and support her but with the debt and everything, I'm just really tight on money. So to even feed ourselves, I have to steal.", Hoseok explained as a drop of tear fell from his eyes.

Swiftly wiping the tears away, he gave Taehyung a smile. "Well, at least I met you. Friends?"

"Friends."

-

Age: 16

"Live life to the fullest Hoseok.", his mother uttered her last words before breathing her final breath.

Choked sobs were heard from Hoseok as the tears continuously streamed down his face like a waterfall. He knew his mother was probably at a better place, but his heart still hurts. Feeling as if someone had taken Hoseok's soul out and ripped it to shreds.

Hoseok without interruptions continued to fruitlessly shake his mother hoping that she would awake and that all this was just a sick cruel joke. But at the back of his mind, he knew that it wasn't. He just isn't ready to accept the death of his mother just yet. He swore that he would change his surname to honor his mother. His name would be Jung Hoseok.

But even so, that was the day when Hoseok truly felt alone.

-

Age: 18

Wandering the streets alone like a lost soul, Hoseok felt empty. Like he had no purpose in life. He had lost everything. With his mother's passing, he was left with nothing but the shell of his former self.

That was until Hoseok met a guy named Namjoon. Namjoon took him in and there, Hoseok met another guy named Yoongi.
Shockingly, not even a few days later Hoseok was told by Namjoon that he had gotten him a job. As a waiter at a café.

"Welcome home"

It was at that moment he knew that he had found his new family.

_________________________

Hoseok's POV
I still remembered when I realized that I had a family. The members of BTS are my family and I love them all very much.

It made me realize at that time that I wasn't alone. And that I am very much loved by each one of them.
I knew Y/N saw us as family and I did too. I really didn't want to lose her but no matter what, I will always put my brothers first. After all, we spent 4 years together.
I love them all dearly as I know that they will always stand by me.
Forever and ever.

.

"Family is more than blood and a name. It's the people who stood by you when you needed them, and who made you laugh when you felt like you couldn't."
________________

Author's note:
Happy Lunar New Year of the Rat!
新年快乐,万事如意。

Thank you all for reading this story(I really appreciate it) and I hope that everyone will have a great lunar new year.

Take care of yourselves!

And remember if you like this story please do add it to your reading list, comment and vote!

Stay happy readers! 'v'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 379 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
714K 30.2K 72
"I follow her everywhere. She is the only light in my life. But she doesn't notice me. Well, that's what I think. The way she laughs, smiles, cries...
3.9K 260 38
"...No one makes me feel like this except you. Without you I feel nothing. You are everything to me, Kyung Ji." [Started September 2018] • A Min Yoon...
5.6K 408 33
He was young, but he knew pain beyond his years. She was innocent, but she didn't shy away from darkness. They grew up together. Separate hopes and...