Why not ?

Af CissyItsMe

Why not ? Two simple words that got out of Cora McKall's mouth and caused a dramatic change in her life. T... Mere

Why Not ?
•Chapter 1
•Chapter 2
•Chapter 3
•Chapter 4
•Chapter 5
•Chapter 6
•Chapter 7
•Chapter 8
•Chapter 10
•Chapter 11
•Chapter 12
•Chapter 13
•Chapter 14
•Chapter 15
•Chapter 16
•Chapter 17
•Chapter 18
•Chapter 19
•Chapter 20
•Chapter 21
•Chapter 22
•Chapter 23
•Chapter 24
•Chapter 25
•Chapter 26
•Chapter 27
•Chapter 28
•Chapter 29
•Chapter 30
•Chapter 31 #Part.1
•Chapter 31 #Part.2
•Chapter 31 #Part.3
•Chapter 32
•Chapter 33
•Chapter 34
•Chapter 35
•Chapter 36 #Part.1
•Chapter 36 #Part.2
•Chapter 36 #Part.3
•Chapter 37
•Chapter 38
•Chapter 39
•Chapter 40
•Chapter 41 #Part.1
•Chapter 41 #Part.2
•Chapter 42
•Chapter 43
•Chapter 44
•Chapter 45
•Chapter 46
•Chapter 47
•Chapter 48
•Chapter 49
•Chapter 50
•Chapter 51
•Chapter 52
•Chapter 53
•Chapter 54
•Chapter 55
•Chapter 56 #Part.1
•Chapter 56 #Part.2
•Chapter 57
•Chapter 58
•Chapter 59
•Epilogue
•A/N

•Chapter 9

12.2K 575 100
Af CissyItsMe

≈Miami, FL...

{ One Week Later | (8:30 a.m) }

Kalvin stopped the ignition and got out of his car, then went to help Cora. Today, they had the doctor appointment to see how the pregnancy was going. It was a first for Kalvin. It had never been in this position before, but he had to get used to it, since it was going to be one of his new activities for the next months. He knew it was real, but there was still a little part of his brain that didn't want to believe that he was going to be a father in a couple of months. He really wasn't ready and he didn't know if he will be one day. Well before the baby comes at least. Fortunately his father raised him to become a responsible man and had had an example of what a father is. A good father. He just had to do what his own father did with him, his sister and brother.

Xavier Ryans loved his kids and showed them every day. He was authoritarian, but definitely knew how to have fun. He taught so much to Kaldrick, Kalia and Kalvin, that's why they became so independent within the years. He taught them the difference between the bad and the good, how you should act and in what type of situations, to always be careful with whom you decided to hang out, to not give time to stupid people, the politeness, to always think before to act-

Kalvin shook his head to that thought. He didn't think before to act ! He didn't use his brain, he didn't listen to his daddy, he didn't follow his dad's advice and now he was in this predicament.

Though, his grandma said one day that children are the best blessing you can have in your life and anybody who has the chance to have some or at least one, should simply thank God and promise to take care of the present he gave them. Then she said that people are always thinking negative and complaining instead of just being grateful and appreciate what they already have. Then she had said that happiness is not always what you wished for. Kalvin couldn't remember why and when these words got out of her mouth, but they never quited his mind. He looked up at the sky and smiled.

"So, how are you feeling ? " He asked Cora as opening the door for her.

"Thanks. Hmmm...I don't know. I think everything is alright, so I'm not worrying." She answered as they walked towards the reception.

The old lady beamed warmly at the two, "Good morning ! How can I help you ? " Her voice was joyful and friendly. Cora definitely liked her vibe.

"Good morning ! We have an appointment with Dr. Gregoirs at 8:45 a.m." Cora answered smiling back. Kalvin was looking around feeling uncomfortable being there. 

The receptionist typed on her keyboard, "Yes, you must be miss Cora McKall. The doctor will be there in ten minutes. Can you please go in the waiting room ? I'll call you as soon as Dr.Gregoirs is done with her other patient." She said nicely and Cora nodded.

The two went in the waiting room where there were others pregnant women and kids playing around. Two chairs were free, so they sat down. Cora took a magazine and started to look through it, while Kalvin was busy with his phone. She knew he was a bit nervous about all this. It was new for him. He reminded her of herself when she was carrying the twins.

She didn't know what was going to happen to her and how everything will go. She had never had a baby before and wasn't ready to enter the parenthood, but she had too. Then her mother's words echoed in her mind. She wasn't sure if she should tell him about Acacia and Almar now or later. She didn't want to scare him, but they were going to spend a lot of time together from now and she needed to get this weight off her shoulders, but she didn't know how to do it. 

And plus, the baby she had in her stomach was going to be the twins' little brother or sister. She couldn't wait until the birth to let them know and anyways they'll find out by their own since she was going to gain weight. And Kalvin being around her much more, he will meet them one day. Cora was lost and afraid. What should I do ? 

.

.

.

"I'm glad to see you. It's been awhile ! " Dr. Gregoirs said grinning. 

Cora smiled uncomfortably, "Uh...yeah. How are you ? " She asked politely.

"I'm fine ! Just came back from vacation." The doctor answered with stars in her eyes. 

"Oh ! Seems like you had fun, huh ? Mr. Gregoirs must have treated you good." And Cora's nosey side was coming out again. She couldn't help herself though. She had always loved hearing Dr. Gregoirs' stories with her husband. It was cool to know that people found true love. Cora was such a romantic woman !

"Very well ! When you'll get married, for your honeymoon, I suggest you to go to the Bahamas. It's so beautiful and magic ! You won't regret it."

Cora was not crazy. She knew the marriage was not a thing for her. She would love to find her a husband, but she was a realistic too, "Yeah or I'll go by myself."

Kalvin suddenly cleared his throat for them to know he was there also and mainly didn't care about the doctor's vacation. He wasn't there to chit chat, but to know if his baby was good. He had always been grumpy in the morning.

"Oh sorry ! I'm Dr. Vanessa Gregoirs, nice to meet you."

They shook hands, "Hi. I'm Kalvin Ryans, nice to meet you too."

"So...you're the father ? " She asked looking at him and Cora smirking.

"Yeah." Kalvin answered in a duh tone. Like why would he be at that appointment if it wasn't his baby ?

Seeing he was a bit annoyed, Dr. Gregoirs decided to start the checkup. She gave Cora a gown, so she could change, and then she asked some questions to Cora to know how the pregnancy was going. After that she took her weight, assessed the size of her uterus, took her blood pressure, checked her hands, face, and ankles for swelling to be sure there was any sign of preeclampsia and finally did some medical tests. Once the checkup was done, Dr. Gregoirs told them that everything was alright and filled the future parents with some information. Kalvin was attentive all the time. After one hour and thirty minutes, Cora could finally changed back into her own clothes, that were a simple 1980s polkadot vintage rockabilly dress with black Carvela Gosh faux-suede sandals. She wanted to enjoy the heels until the time she couldn't wear them anymore. 

"Well, I see you two again in one month. If you have questions, yall have my number, so don't hesitate to call me." They nodded their heads and thanked her, "And Cora, I forgot to ask you about Acacia and Almar. How are they ? I still feel like I got them out of you just yesterday. Last time I saw them I think it was about a year ago."

Cora stopped moving as Kalvin looked at her frowning, "Shit ! " She cursed under her breath, "Uh...they are good. Thanks for asking. Uh...we have to go. We'll talk later." She said following Kalvin that was walking away angrily.

"Kalvin, wait ! Wait ! Kalvin ! I'm pregnant, I can't run after you around like that ! "

He shook his head and turned around to face her. He couldn't believe that. He replayed the doctor's words in his head. It can't be possible, he thought, "Who are Acacia and Almar ? And what was she talking about when she said that she got them out of you ? " He questioned still taken by surprise.

Cora sighed and passed her hand through her hair, "I was about to tell you. I swear ! But I didn't know how. I didn't want you to react like...that." She tried to explain.

"Who the fuck are they ? " He asked raising his voice.

"My children ! " She answered in the same tone of voice.

Kalvin felt like his heart stopped beating for a minute. Her children. She has children. Not one, but two. Two children. Two kids. She already is a mother ! Fucking two ! He didn't know if he could do it. He didn't see that coming. He was definitely NOT ready. He was getting himself prepared for his own kid. He didn't know he will have to deal with two others and that were not his own.

"Oh my ! I'm not about that shit. I don't want all that baby daddy drama or whatever it is. How could you lie to me ? "

"I didn't lie ! I was just waiting for the perfect time. I didn't want you to find out like that. So what now ? Are you going to run away ? " Cora could feel the tears coming. She didn't know if it was the hormones or the mad look Klavin was giving her, like she had betrayed him in the most horrible way possible.

"I don't know. I...Urg ! " He wiped his face in frustration not knowing what to say next. All was new to him and he didn't know what to do. He was so confused.

A single tear fall on Cora's cheek, "Well, I...I'll do it by my own...again." And with that said she started to walk. Where was she going ? No idea, but she needed to be alone at this moment. For a second, she thought he was different and not like the others. She thought he was not going to be another man to abandon her. The only man she could trust was her father. He was the only one that was always there for her. But now he was gone. She didn't necessary wanted a love relationship with Kalvin, but at least she believed this child was going to have his or her father in his or her life. But it seemed like it wasn't happening. Again.

She wiped the tears, but then others were already running on both of her cheeks, "You need nobody anyways. And there are mom, Sancy, Latoya, Halley, Roger, Franscesca and my two big babies. They'll be there for me. They'll be there for us." She mumbled to herself and her angel rubbing her stomach.

She was out of breath, so she decided to sit down somewhere. Fortunately, there was a bench not too far. Suddenly her stomach began to groan, what meant that she was hungry. She sighed and continued to cry. For some reason she couldn't stop.

"Cora, I'm sorry. I should've not reacted like I did." She looked up to see Kalvin standing just before her. She looked away not wanting to make eye contact with him, "Cora, please ! I...I didn't see that shit coming."

She raised her eyebrow and turned her head to shoot him a dead glare. If look could kill, "That shit ? Are you saying that my children are shit ?! "

He sat next to her shaking his head, "No, no, no. I never said that."

"What did that meant then ?! You better watch your mouth when you're talking about my kids ! " She warned pissed off pointing her finger at him.

He raised his hands in surrender, "Hey, cool Cora. I didn't mean to disrespect you or your family. What I wanted to say is that I...I wasn't ready to hear this. I thought it was going to be our first child and not only together, but like...your first child and my first child and we were about to enter in parenthood together, but...you're already in it."

"Yeah...And it won't change." She said folding her arms.

"I know...Uh...How old are they ? " He asked to smooth the conversation and her mood also. 

A smiled instantly appeared on her beautiful face, "They're ten years old. They're really cute ! The best kids of the world ! " 

Kalvin chuckled, "That's what all the mothers say about their children." He said referring to his own mom. She loved throwing her kids' success to everybody face. 

"No, they really are ! You're going to love them." 

His heart jumped in his chest, "Wow ! Uh...Do they know about the pregnancy ? " Cora looked down at her fingers and shook her head slowly, "And when are you gonna let them know ? " He asked curiously.

She shrugged, "I don't know..."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: I hope you're enjoying this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it. Who is your favourite between Cora and Kalvin ? And why ? 

Thanks for reading !

And sorry for the mistakes.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.4K 47 37
I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell him trying to hold back the single tear t...
244K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
565 0 19
January 21st since it's my anniversary, I wanted to do something special never wrote a book before let's start with that those in the outside world w...
1.6M 48.7K 51
After five years and a thousand regrets, two old lovers meet again.. "What kind of stunt are you pulling out this time?" I see his eyes blaze in blue...