Easton |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Easton Raven, born into the mafia world and next in line to take the seat handed down from generation to gene... More

[1] The takeover
[2] Her
[3] - Player
[4] Hire me
[5] Boss
[6] 7PM
[7] Dance
[8] Anxiety
[9] Daylight
[10] Office
[11] Avoiding me
[12] Party
[13] When the parties over
[14] Morning
[15] We're friends
[16] Grandad
[17] Dinner
[18] Breakfast
[19] Caleb
[20] Cryin' in the club
[21] Death
[22] Angie
[23] Goodbye
[24] New Beginnings
[25] News
[26] Hot and Cold
[27] Together
[28] Cars and Clubs
[29] Office
[30] Trouble
[31] Everything
[32] I love you
[33] Shots fired
[34] 1 week
[35] Leader
[36] Back for good
[37] Baby
[38] Baby Mamma
[39] Girls
[40] pregnant
[41] Guilt
[42] It all makes sense now
[43] Make up
[44] Family
[45] Gut feeling
[46] Alone
[48] Letter
[49] Goodbye
[50] Alena
[51] Home
[52] Easton
[53] Alive
[54] Old friends
[55] Forever
[56] Time travel
[57] Wedding planer
[58] Wedding day
[59] Five years [Epilogue]
[60] Alena

[47] Gone

32.3K 813 112
By KatCWrites

Easton's POV: 

"Aubrey" my voice breaks softly "Never forget how much I love you and our baby girl. I promise you I will come back to you."

"Easton, I feel like you're trying to say goodbye to me, is something wrong?" She responds worry filling her voice

"Just listen carefully, I will come back to you," I promise

"Okay." she all but whispers "I love you East."

"I love you, sweetheart." I respond before hanging up the phone.

This could be the last time I ever speak to her, but I couldn't tell her that. I promised her I'll return home, but was I really promising her that or am I trying to convince myself?

The truth is what we're doing tonight is dangerous, and it could very well be the last time any of us see each other alive, but we have to do what we have to do.

"Feeling okay Easton?" Don Lorenzo questions as he steps into the room

"Yeah, just making a quick call to the wife." I sigh softly

"You're doing this for her, for all of them. I'm sure one day she'll forgive you."

"She won't forgive me if I come home in a body bag will she." I shake it off quickly "Alright let's get this over with, are your boys ready?"

"Always."

"Good, let's move out."

We set out at dusk and by the time we make it to the holding cells that belong to the Colombians, it's dark.

Leo and Reid go in first making silent shots thanks to our gun silencers, killing off the unexpecting guards one by one

We enter the back door, and search the cells looking for anyone who looks like they need help, and of course taking out as many Colombian members as we can.

Everything is running smoothly so far but I have no doubt it'll amp up a few notches when the boss realizes what's happening.

I make my way to the end of the hall and open a small door leading to more cells. That's when I see them, young girls, who look to be between 18 and 30 all being held against their will in minimal clothing. "Leo, Reid, Dad, in here" I call.

The boys soon join me in the room, and I bust the lock on the gate. "Leo, Dad get the girls out of here," I order.

"Reid cover me, I'm going to see if there are more." I keep making my way down the hall.

I reach the end when I hear gunshots ringing out from behind me

"Easton, turn around," Reid yells as he ducks for cover from shots flying through the air, standing up and firing when he has a chance

I turn quickly only to come face to have with the leader of the Colombians

"Easton." He smirks, his gun pointed to my head. "I was hoping we'd be able to lure you out one way or another and here you are. How's that beautiful girlfriend of yours?"

"I wouldn't know, we're not together anymore." I lie

"You and I both know that's not true, your firstborn is due in a month, you must want to get home"

"Stop playing games asshole and just tell me what you want, you want me dead? Kill me, But you'll leave my family alone."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying? I can take your life in order to protect your family?"

"If that's what it takes."

"Easton fucking shoot him." Reid yells

"I have conditions," I tell him

"Ha!" He laughs "talk fast your time is running out."

"My family takes my body, and I get buried here in Italy"

"Very well, is that the last request?"

"And you leave my family alone, you don't go near them, especially not Aubrey or the baby." I ramble, trying to save time so one of the men can come in and take him out before he takes me out.

"Very well." He raises his gun once more.

"I have a feeling we could have been good friends if you weren't so invested in the Russians." I press on, trying to save time

"And I have a feeling you're trying to save yourself." He smirks

That's when it sounds, the sound of not one shot but two. One hitting the leader of the Colombians in the back of the head, and the other hitting me in the chest.

Everything goes black as I fall to the ground. My mind is filled with images of Aubrey, and my life flashes quickly before my eyes.

"Easton." Reid yells, his body is over mine and he shakes me "No, no, no open your eyes come on, Aubrey needs you, the baby needs you, Easton" he begins to sob over the top of my body and that's the last thing I'll ever hear.

Reid's POV:

"Easton come on man, come on," I beg

A moment later Lorenzo enters the room. He gets down next to me and checks for breathing. "He's gone." The Don speaks as he removes his hand from Easton and places a hand on my shoulder.

A moment later all of the boys run into the room including Lane who looks at his son laying on the ground in a pool of blood and the look on his face is pure heartbreak

"I'll deal with the body, all of you leave," Lorenzo speaks once more as he stands up.

Following orders we make our way out of the building. Yes, we defeated the Colombians but at what cost? Now we've lost our leader, Aubrey has lost the love of her life and the baby is going to grow up without a dad.

None of us were able to control our emotions on the drive back to the house. Yes we did what we needed to do and now we can go back to America, but we'll be coming home with a few less men.

"I've booked us on the next flight," Lane says as he makes his way into living room, a total mess.

"Has anyone called the girls yet?" I question

"I've spoken to Evie but only to let her know I'm okay, I didn't mention anything else," Leo speaks sadly

"I'll have to call Shay and Aubrey." Lane speaks once more, tears staining his face "she'll never forgive me for not protecting him, her and Aubrey both."

"I can make the call to Aubrey if you need?" Lorenzo questions

"If you would?" Lane questions

Aubrey's POV: (Present time)

He's gone.....

Aubrey, I'm sorry darling, I just wanted you to be the first call I made.

He loves you so much and I know that for a fact, he couldn't wait to meet his baby girl.

These words play over and over and over in my head.

I haven't been able to sleep since my wake up call at 2 AM this morning and the news that the love of my life has lost his life while protecting his friends and family.

Somehow I knew this was coming, that knot in my stomach that just wouldn't go away, that voice in the back of my head telling me something is wrong.

It's currently 3 PM and I haven't left my spot in Easton's bed. This is where I've sat for the last fourteen hours most of the time crying, but some of the time thinking. Thinking about all the things I'd say to him if I could see him just one more time, does he know how much I love him? Did he think about me in his final moments? Was he in pain or was it quick? Did he even see it coming? 

"Aubrey." Amara says softly as she makes her way into the room. She sits down on the bed next to me and places her hand on my shoulder "Would you like something to eat."

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Maybe a drink or something?" She offers

"No." I shake my head

"Maybe later? For the baby if nothing else."

I look down at my bump and nod my head as I begin to cry once more "Maybe just water."

"I'll be right back." She stands up and exits the room

"Is she okay?" I hear Nate questions as she steps outside the door

"No, and I don't think she will be again," Amara responds sadly

Buzzz buzzz buzz

I look down at the number calling and my heart is filled with joy, it's Easton I knew this was all some kind of misunderstanding

"Easton, baby are you okay?"

"Aubrey, it's Lorenzo."

"Oh." My energy drops instantly

"I know this is all a lot to take in right now but Easton needed me to inform you there is a letter in his office drawer at home and he needs you to read it."

"Why would he tell you of all people this information?"

"Easton and I had a heart to heart before we left to do what needed to be done, my wife has recently given birth to our third child, so father to father we spoke and he told me to tell you if anything were to happen to him, top drawer of his office."

"Father to father?" I ask with an amused tone in my voice "Have you forgotten that Easton never actually gets the opportunity to be a father? That our baby girl is due in just one month and her daddy isn't going to get to meet her, or hold her or have anything at all to do with her?" I begin to cry angry tears. "That was taken away from him and from her and I don't think I'll ever move past it." I wipe my tears "and for fuck sake stop calling me off his phone, it's hard enough." I hang up the phone and sit it down next to me before placing my head in my hands sobbing softly

What now? What do I do without him?

Clue 4 is out now! check my Instagram and piece it all together for what's coming after Easton!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 84K 55
Amity Logan's life is turned outside down when she is forced to leave her family behind and move to a new town for her own protection. At just twent...
1.2M 42.2K 67
* Book 1 in the Viper series. Living in Mexico with her Mexican father Gabriella 'Ella' Vargas is fresh out of college and searching for a career in...
23.6K 457 49
(Book 2 of the 'To Be His' series.) (Can be read as a stand alone.) Aurora de Luca is the daughter of a once ruthless mafia leader. Her mom and dad...
2.5M 69.5K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...