let there be light | kimetsu...

By emioku

โ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. โž ... More

๐ข. ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ข๐ข. ๐š ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฃ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ
๐ข๐ข๐ข. ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐ข๐ฏ. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฏ. ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐ฏ๐ข. ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ง ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ก๐ž๐š๐
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ข๐ฑ. ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐š ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐ฑ. ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ?
๐ฑ๐ข. ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ข๐ง๐๐ž๐ฑ
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐œ๐ญ
๐ฑ๐ข๐ฏ. ๐ค๐ข๐ณ๐ฎ๐ค๐ข
๐ฑ๐ฏ. ๐ฌ๐š๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ž
๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข. ๐š ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ฏ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ
๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ๐ซ๐š. ๐š ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. ๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ
๐ฑ๐ข๐ฑ. ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ฎ๐ค๐จ
๐ฑ๐ฑ. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข. ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ฐ
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. ๐š๐ค๐š๐ณ๐š
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ฏ. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐š
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ. ๐ข ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข. ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ ๐จ
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž. ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐
๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž

๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. ๐ฐ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฎ๐ฉ, ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž

2.1K 111 60
By emioku

An extremely worried Giyū Tomioka made his way to the Butterfly Estate. His palms were sweaty, his thoughts cloudy, and his attention only focused on getting to Airi.

He bursted into the infirmary...silently, where Shinobu Kocho was present, sitting next to Airi's bed. Airi was still asleep, scarred, and in pain. Even though she was still in a deep slumber, her furrowed eyebrows indicated that there was still pain that remained internally.

Giyū approached Shinobu, looking down at her, a worried look plastered on his face. She had not noticed his presence, surprisingly.

"I want to watch Airi under my roof until she awakens. Please." Giyū begged Shinobu, his voice low. Shinobu was slightly startled by his presence, but she knew he would arrive sooner or later.

"That's a lot of time wasted, Tomioka-san. Why would you want to go through that?" Shinobu questioned, looking up at him, her glare focused on him alone.

"I— I just feel like I should." Giyū replied, breaking his gaze from Airi and looking down.

Shinobu hummed, contemplating his request. She looked at Airi's sleeping figure.
She then realized that she knew something about him that he did not, and so she granted him what he wanted.

"Alright, Tomioka-san. You better take the best care of her or else I will make everyone hate you more than they already do." Shinobu commented, completely serious. Her face was no longer in a typical warm smile.

"I will, I promise." Giyū vowed, bowing to Shinobu gratefully.

Thus, Airi (in a severe coma) was then transferred from the Butterfly infirmary to the Tomioka estate. She was gently placed in Giyū's bedroom, still sleeping soundly without any stirring. Hanata was a fighter.

Airi's physical wounds were slightly healing, but she was still nearly paralyzed from using her tenth form in battle. Her physical strength and life were nearly diminished in seconds, but her mental strength defied the odds of human life. Thanks to Nezuko's Demon Art, her injuries could have been much worse than they are now. The poisons in her body were no longer present.

Once Shinobu had left Giyū with all the instructions needed to take care of the light pillar, Giyū stayed by her side. He hesitated thinking about his morals, wondering why he was so keen on being by her side at this time. He should be fighting demons right now, not watching Airi heal. She would be better off in the Butterfly Mansion. This conflict within him was at a homeostasis.

He couldn't figure out entirely why he was doing this, but nonetheless he was motivated to be with her while she was in such a critical state.

He sat by her bedside, looking at her and letting a deep sigh escape his lungs.

His hand grazed over hers. He held it gently, rubbing is thumbs over her soft, cream colored skin. He took in the details of her fingers and her slightly chipped painted nails, as if he was memorizing them.

He prayed nonstop for her to awaken after she was transferred into his own home. Even if she had awakened the first day, he would have been the first to see her. He would have made sure of that.

One week, and he hasn't left her bedside. Oyakata-sama made sure that Giyū didn't have to depart on missions as often. It was almost as if the blind man knew something Giyū did not, just like Shinobu. To make arrangements for him to take a break and watch over his childhood best friend was something Giyū was extremely grateful for.

People would come and go, especially Tanjiro. Tanjiro would come nearly everyday, talking to Giyū and keeping him company before running off on another mission. Giyū was grateful for Tanjiro.

Another person that would come and go frequently was a young girl that claimed she met Airi at the Red Light District. She introduced herself as Emi Murakami, and even gave him a gift as thanks for taking care of the woman who saved her life. Emi confessed that she had been taking care of Airi's home in her absence. She was finally happy with her older sister who had been found after being trapped in Daki's sashes for so long.

Surprisingly, Giyū appreciated Emi's kindness and pitied her for her current situation given how young she was.

The man would sleep on the floor next to the unmoving girl, his hand never letting go of hers. He slept lightly every night, and if she moved he would know.

One night, her hand twitched in his own, and he made sure to write down what the date and time it was. According to Shinobu, writing down her trace of movements would indicate Airi's progress in beating her slumber.

"7th of April, about when the moon is at its highest. Midnight." He wrote, biting his lip, simply hoping that it was a good sign.

He looked over at Airi's sleeping figure. He watched as she breathed, her chest slowly increasing and decreasing smoothly. He took her hand is his own once more, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Wake up soon, please." He whispered, his dark blue eyes deeply saddened as he gazed at her. It was almost as if a piece of his life was taken away from him.

——•——

"Oneechan!" A young voice called out, shaking his sister awake.

The girl groaned before rising, her hair an absolute mess.

She rubbed her eyes, "Ah, I'm surprised Daichi wasn't the one jumping on me this morning. Good morning, little Atsushi." A young Airi smiled, her amber yellow eyes glistening against the early morning sun peaking through the room.

"I'm not little anymore! Come chop some trees with us, Airi! Mother wants more wood today for house repairs." Atsushi pouted before giving his sister a toothy grin.

Airi ruffled her hair before ruffling her brother's in response, "Alright, give me a moment to stretch and I'll be out there."

"Yay!" The boy giggled before sprinting out of the house into the spring daylight.

The girl braided her hair into a single loose braid, sitting on the front of her shoulder. She changed into a long green kimono with floral patterns woven onto it.

The young girl ran outside and found her brothers chopping down small trees with hatchets and helped them. Her physical strength was abnormal for a girl, but nonetheless the mountain child was a perfect asset for survival.

Her family didn't like the traditional rules for women that much, so Airi's mother raised her daughter to be a fighter. She also had raised a sympathetic and merciful individual. Her mother prized her children's kindness toward others the most.

She hoped some day that her daughter would grow up and raise a family of courageous warriors.

The three chopped down trees religiously in the morning sun, taking a few short breaks in between.

"Airi! Airi! Can you put me on your back so I can pick that flower bloom right there?" Daichi asked ecstatically, tugging on the sleeve of her kimono.

The girl slung her hatchet on her shoulder, letting it rest there for a few moments, "Why? The cherry blossoms are just starting to bloom."

Airi admired the tree that moment, taking in the details of each bloom on that tree.

"I want to use it for something. Pretty please?" The boy pouted, his eyes large and twinkling as if he was convincing her.

She was already convinced, no question. How could one resist those cute eyes?

"Alright, you little butt. Hop on." Airi chuckled before squatting down, "You're almost taller than me anyway."

"But not tall enough yet!" The young boy giggled before hopping onto her back. The girl stood up as high as she could, going on her toes.

The boy reached into the tree and grabbed the newborn blossom. It was beautiful and alive, indicating that spring was finally here.

"Perfect! Thank you!" The boy smiled before hopping off his sister's back. She smiled in response.

"Come on, guys. Let's go have lunch. Mama is probably waiting for us." The girl said before walking towards the house. Her brothers followed suit quickly, taking her hands on both sides.

Since their father was on a trip, the four Hanata family members sat together at the table, thanking God for their meal, and proceeding to dig into a delicious lunch.

"Airi, honey. Your father should be home tomorrow morning, make sure you greet him kindly. I believe he has something for you." Fae Hanata commented to her daughter, taking both of her sons' finished dishes.

"I will, Mama. I love father more than anything." Airi smiled, thinking of her precious father and his hardy laugh.

"Airi, come here!" Daichi yelled from his bedroom. Her mother nodded, and Airi excused herself to see her brother.

"What is it?" Airi questioned, looking at her beloved sibling.

"Here." He simply said.

The boy took the cherry blossom he had picked and wrapped it in her hair on top of her tie. He had took the blossom and woven it into a new hair tie just for her.

"Oh my, Daichi, you shouldn't have." She grazed her hands down her long raven hair and down to the hair tie.

"Anything for my pretty sis!" Daichi grinned before she embraced him lovingly.

"I love you!" Airi enthused.

"I love you too! Now, wake up for me, okay?" He replied, releasing the hug.

"What?" Airi asked, her eyes slightly growing bigger and her eyebrows furrowing.

"Wake up. He's waiting for you."

——•——

The woman gasped, her eyes fluttering open. She hummed very softly before adjusting her eyesight. Immediately, she felt pain in her lower abdomen. She lifted part of the loose long sleeve that she had on, unveiling her torso. She was met with a large scar strung across her abdomen, and she grimaced at the sight.

It was night. She looked around as much as she could, observing the room. Airi had no idea where she was, but she concluded that she was being taken good care of judging by how neatly wrapped her waist was.

She then looked down her forearm, feeling a warmth that was in her right hand. She shifted her head, ignoring the pain that went with it, and saw a sleeping Giyū Tomioka, with his hand in hers.

In that moment, something inside her sparked.

"Tomioka." She whispered, her voice hoarse and raspy.

The man shot up from where he was sleeping. His eyes were extremely fatigued, with the bags under them very visible. However, there was a twinkle in his eyes that Airi had never seen before.

He clasped both of his hands over her right hand, not saying a single word, and putting them gently on his forehead.

He sighed softly, holding her hand in his own, as if he had been waiting for her warmth for a long time. She could feel tears trailing down her arm.

"You are such a crybaby, Giyū." Airi told him softly, before attempting to wipe a single tear with her left hand.

It was too painful, so she limply dropped her left arm, fighting the pain that had erupted within.

"Don't," Giyū told her before letting go of her right hand and placing it gently by her side again, "I'm just really happy you're awake."

"You didn't have to stay by my bedside," She told him, "Shouldn't you be slaying demons? Your talent is being wasted right now."

"Not if you're in this state. One minute, I need to get you something and send a message to Shinobu that you're awake." Giyū stood up, approaching the door.

"Wait," Airi said weakly as Giyū turned around, "Thank you...Tomioka-san."

Giyū's lips creased into a warm smile back before leaving the room. Airi breathed in, lifting her hand and looking at it. It looked completely untouched. There was no scar from her tight grip on her sword or anything.

She opened and closed her hand for a few moments, adjusting to the feeling of being in control of her body again.

She was stunned at how much she's healed since...

"Wait... How long have I been asleep?" She whispered to herself, the thought dawning on her.

"Almost one month, probably?" Giyū responded, carrying a tray of water and a small bowl of rice. That was fast.

"Shit. I've been idle for..." She coughed heavily, trying to clutch her abdomen, the pain from her torso overwhelming.

Giyū hushed her before sitting and handing her water. She drank it, feeling better that the immaculate taste of water reached her taste buds. It was like she hadn't hydrated in centuries.

Airi used much of her regained strength to sit upright, her back sinking against the soft pillow.

"Shinobu has been delivering me medicines to heal you. She gave me some instructions on how to take care of you, and they were detailed as hell." Giyū said dryly before taking Airi's empty cup and placing it back on the tray. He fed her some rice as she gave him a blank look.

It was a "are you actually spoon feeding me right now?" type of look. Giyū didn't really care.

After a few moments of explaining and eating, Airi felt a little strength come back to her limbs. She patted the side of the bed that was empty.

Giyū cocked an eyebrow, looking at her quizzically.

"You can sleep here," Airi commented, "I'm in your bed and you've been sleeping on the floor for weeks because of your traditional values."

"No," Giyū denied nonchalantly, "You're injured. I can't."

"The bed is big enough. I won't die, Tomioka. Sleep here. I've been asleep for a month, I'm fine." Airi demanded, giving him permission to rest comfortably.

Giyū felt heat rise to his cheeks before giving into her death stare. Even if she had just awakened, the girl can regain strength fast.

"You forget that I'm the Light Hashira, dummy. You know, healing focused breath? I'll be fine in a few days, I guarantee it." Airi flashed him a smile. She was somehow so charming after waking up a few moments ago.

Giyū went around the bed and hopped next to her, feeling slightly uncomfortable for invading a lady's space. He let his hair fully down, letting his fingers run through his silky locks as if he was brushing it.

Airi felt heat on her cheeks before turning her head away from him, but she assumed it was because she had just woken up.

"You know, Tomioka." Airi spoke softly before slowly flipping over to her other side so she could face Giyū again, who was looking at the wall. The man hummed quizzically in response, shifting his eyes toward her figure.

"Does this mean I'm weak if I cannot hold my own against an Upper Moon? Let alone the lowest Upper Moon?" Her voice was raspy, as if it was as fragile as glass.

"Who said you were ever weak?" Giyū responded, his voice somewhat empathetic toward her. He lied down, his body facing hers.

"I nearly died during that fight, and I was essentially saved by my lower ranked companions. I don't deserve the pillar title if I can't even hold my own." Airi doubted herself, looking down at her hand that was lying aimlessly on the bed comforter, observing Sabito's pattern wrapped on her wrist. After all these years, that tie never unraveled from her wrist.

Silence filled the room. Giyū was indifferent; he wanted to hold her close to him and tell her that she was the strongest (and prettiest) person he knew, but his own foolishness blocked that path. He finally sighed, coming to a conclusion on what he was going to tell her.

He faced his body towards the ceiling, gazing away from Airi and towards the rooftop.

"You are one of the strongest people I know," He said to her, his voice as soft as velvet, "Having the courage to face an Upper Moon demon alone and surviving is something I would basically fear against. You don't give yourself enough credit, Hanata. I definitely can see the blade that slays Kibutsuji being yours."

Airi inhaled deeply, taking in the words of slight encouragement.

"I hope I'm strong enough to keep going. I shouldn't be stuck in a coma the rest of my career," She chuckled softly, reaching her hand up and ruffling Giyū's long hair lightly, "I appreciate it a lot, Giyū."

Giyū hummed in response, feeling more comfortable now with Airi's presence so close to his own. Even though Airi was resting soundly next to him, he subconsciously wished the reason she was next to him in one bed wasn't because she was injured.

"I just feel weak, I guess." Airi said softly, her lips forming into a thin line.

Giyū grew silent for a few moments.

"Do you remember when we were kids after Final Selection, when you told me to 'stay alive'?" Giyū asked her, breaking the silence.

"What about it?" She replied, furrowing her eyebrows slightly.

"I think you forget that I shouldn't be the only one to stay alive in this world. You told me that you wanted to avenge your family and Sabito. Airi, you can't do that when you have this mentality. You aren't weak, and you will avenge those you've lost. That's the Airi that I know would do." Giyū poured out his current thoughts, sighing heavily shortly after.

Airi pondered at his words. She had truly forgotten her goal. Her whole childhood she wanted to take revenge on the demon who ultimately possessed her father. And over time, stronger people have intimated her. She felt weak after her fight against Daki; so much so that she had forgotten about her self worth.

"I guess I totally forgot about my goal," Airi whispered, "I'm sorry, Giyū."

"You don't have to apologize to me. Just remember your place in this world." He responded, looking up at the ceiling and releasing a deep exhale.

"You're right. Thank you." She smiled, her eyes regaining their normal shine. He gave her a warm smile back. Airi could get very used to his smiles; they were pretty.

Airi yawned, her eyes slowly drooping and closing, "I'm...gonna sleep. These scars won't heal on their own without some shut eye."

"Yeah, you need rest." He responded, turning his head to look at her again.

"Goodnight, Giyū. Sweet dreams." Airi spoke, her voice sweet and intoxicating.

"Goodnight, Airi." Giyū responded, closing his eyes.

Before Airi entered the depths of her slumber, she thought about how Giyū took his own time to take care of her, and she vowed to return the favor.
More importantly, she wondered how her brother communicated with her so sharply in her sleep, like Rengoku, when he has been dead for years. As a novice light breather, was she more talented than she thought?

Before Giyū succumbed into his own deep sleep, he finally realized the reason behind why he wanted Airi around so much more often and how he desired to take care of her.

He really was in love with her.

——•——
Author's Note:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEHEEEHEHEEEEEEEE
THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FUN TO WRITE OMG CHANGE MY MIND

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 2K 19
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฅ...๐„๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก...๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐จ...
245K 3.2K 22
โ€ขDemon slayer oneshots: character X readerโ€ข Characters included: -Tanjiro Kamado -Zenitsu Agatsuma -Inosuke Hashibira -Giyu Tomioka -Obanai Iguro -S...
1.8K 36 9
[DISCONTINUED] "Everything about her reminds you of winter." Her touch was light and gentle like falling snow with a touch of warmth that opened up h...
56.5K 1.9K 36
โ๐—œ ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜. ๐—จ๐—ป๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—น๐˜†, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป...