𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞

An extremely worried Giyū Tomioka made his way to the Butterfly Estate

An extremely worried Giyū Tomioka made his way to the Butterfly Estate. His palms were sweaty, his thoughts cloudy, and his attention only focused on getting to Airi.

He bursted into the infirmary...silently, where Shinobu Kocho was present, sitting next to Airi's bed. Airi was still asleep, scarred, and in pain. Even though she was still in a deep slumber, her furrowed eyebrows indicated that there was still pain that remained internally.

Giyū approached Shinobu, looking down at her, a worried look plastered on his face. She had not noticed his presence, surprisingly.

"I want to watch Airi under my roof until she awakens. Please." Giyū begged Shinobu, his voice low. Shinobu was slightly startled by his presence, but she knew he would arrive sooner or later.

"That's a lot of time wasted, Tomioka-san. Why would you want to go through that?" Shinobu questioned, looking up at him, her glare focused on him alone.

"I— I just feel like I should." Giyū replied, breaking his gaze from Airi and looking down.

Shinobu hummed, contemplating his request. She looked at Airi's sleeping figure.
She then realized that she knew something about him that he did not, and so she granted him what he wanted.

"Alright, Tomioka-san. You better take the best care of her or else I will make everyone hate you more than they already do." Shinobu commented, completely serious. Her face was no longer in a typical warm smile.

"I will, I promise." Giyū vowed, bowing to Shinobu gratefully.

Thus, Airi (in a severe coma) was then transferred from the Butterfly infirmary to the Tomioka estate. She was gently placed in Giyū's bedroom, still sleeping soundly without any stirring. Hanata was a fighter.

Airi's physical wounds were slightly healing, but she was still nearly paralyzed from using her tenth form in battle. Her physical strength and life were nearly diminished in seconds, but her mental strength defied the odds of human life. Thanks to Nezuko's Demon Art, her injuries could have been much worse than they are now. The poisons in her body were no longer present.

Once Shinobu had left Giyū with all the instructions needed to take care of the light pillar, Giyū stayed by her side. He hesitated thinking about his morals, wondering why he was so keen on being by her side at this time. He should be fighting demons right now, not watching Airi heal. She would be better off in the Butterfly Mansion. This conflict within him was at a homeostasis.

He couldn't figure out entirely why he was doing this, but nonetheless he was motivated to be with her while she was in such a critical state.

He sat by her bedside, looking at her and letting a deep sigh escape his lungs.

His hand grazed over hers. He held it gently, rubbing is thumbs over her soft, cream colored skin. He took in the details of her fingers and her slightly chipped painted nails, as if he was memorizing them.