𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

"Airi

     "Airi. Giyū. I have a favor to ask both of you." Ubuyashiki Kagaya spoke smoothly. His voice was intoxicating. The two Hashira sat next to each other behind him, waiting for their master's proposal in the midst of the night.

Airi was slightly annoyed that her beauty sleep was interrupted. Giyū was determined, but tired as well.

"Anything you ask, I will do." Airi responded firmly.

The master smiled, "Good. Traces of Kibutsuji were sensed in a nearby village by some of my messengers a few lengths from Mt. Sagiri. The other Hashira are unavailable, so I would like you two to go scope it out. If Kibutsuji is spotted, I will know as soon as possible."

"As you wish." The pillars replied together. Airi cocked an eyebrow toward her partner jokingly after they jinxed each other. Giyū responded with a blank stare at her.

Thus, the Light Hashira, Hanata Airi, and the Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyū, were immediately out of sight once they were dismissed.

"I'm surprised Oyakata-sama called upon us to track down Kibutsuji. I would have expected Himejima-san or Uzui-san to have been selected for this since they're so talented." Airi commented as the two pillars swiftly ran on the outskirts of a nearby village.

"Agreed. But we have to carry out our duties if this is really Kibutsuji we're talking about. None of us have seen him." Giyū responded nonchalantly.

Airi hummed in response. She was worried, extremely worried. If Kibutsuji Muzan is nearby ravaging on innocent human beings, and she runs into him, who knows what fight could spring out. She kept her guard on high alert.

Tomioka's hands felt sweaty as he ran through many landscapes with Airi. He was just as nervous as her. The man didn't show it, but deep inside him, he was as fearful as ever. He didn't want to scare the beautiful girl more if he displayed fear in front of her.

Airi grew hungry, "Tomioka-san, I'm gonna buy some soba real quick. You want any?"

"No." He responded bluntly. Although his stomach would occasionally grumble.

"I'll get you some anyway." She smiled, causing the young nineteen year old to feel as if he should smile at her too.

Within the minute, Airi had found a shop at the outskirts of a town and bought soba for the two of them.

"We should walk for a little, don't wanna waste our energy." Airi commented with her mouth full of the delicious food.

Giyū cocked a brow towards her before he took a bite, "Don't talk with your mouth full."

"Okay, father. Whatever you say." Airi giggled, her amber eyes dazzling with the moonlight as she looked at the water pillar.