Rejection and Rogues

Door CompleteDelirium

Violet Wolffe, an ordinary she-wolf...right? Her story starts out with a kidnapping and confused mate. What s... Meer

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 1: Mate
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 2: Take me away
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 3: Introduce us
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 4: Heartbroken
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 5: New
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 6: Improve
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 7: Training
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 8: Different
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 9: Axel's Story
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 10: Bad News
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 11: Returning
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 12: Face to Face
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 13: Explanation
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 14: Just Friends
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 15: Confrontation
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 16: Jealous
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 17: Fighting
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 18: Sorting It Out
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 19: Sorry
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 20: Bowling Encounter
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 21: Explanations
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 22: Talk To Me
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 23: Your Motives
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 24: Mommy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 25: Daddy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 26: Plan
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 27: Plan B
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 28: Out of control
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 29: Hate is such a strong word
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 30: Ace
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 31: Axel
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 32: Blake
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 33: Ace's Ingenious Plan
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 34: Losing An Enemy
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 35: Our Moment In The Bathroom
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 36: Brianna's Leave
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 37: The Moons
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 38: Familiarity
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 39: Hugs
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 40: Say What?
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 41: Say Bye
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 42: Wolf's Acceptance
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 43: Change Of Heart
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 44: Danger
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 45: Escape
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 46: Warning
Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 48: Finale

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 47: Alpha Female

3.6K 123 12
Door CompleteDelirium

Imma thinkin' this'll be the second to last chappie and also, I'll be writing it in third person because I find it easier to write battle scenes like that, so yeah... :) And, I would've made the book longer, butttt I've kinda lost readers and it's not very popular anymore, so I'm just gonna hurry and finish it already X) You don't have to vote or anything, just enjoy. Warning: this contains graphic and violent descriptions.

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 47: Alpha Female

She felt the ground vibrate. They were coming. Violet knew it was too good to be true - escaping so easily and then not getting caught? She was naive to think that that would be the end of it. As the people of her pack lined up on the field at their border, she felt tears prick her eyes. This was all her fault. She was selfish. All she had to do was leave, but she couldn't even do that. All because of her own interest in mind. Feeling bitter and angry at herself, she sucked the tears back in and quietly made her way to the group of people she cared the most for, more than anything. When she reached them, they all gave her a small smile and looks of reassurance, only increasing her guilt. Mackenzie stepped forward and pulled Violet into a hug, soon followed by Celeste, then Jayden, then Dante and before long, the whole group had engulfed her. That's when the tears fell. Violet's own selfishness had returned and bit her in the behind.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." She whispered, unable to manage anything louder.

She was hushed. With shaking heads, her friends let go and stepped back.

"No, it's not." Mumbled Celeste, a small smile on her face.

"Yeah," Brett chimed in, "besides, with me on your side, there's no way we'll lose."

Violet cracked a smile, albeit tiny and barely noticeable. Strong arms wrapped around her waist and she was pulled into a warm embrace. A light kiss was placed on her forehead.

"It'll be alright." Violet peeked up at Axel. He looked stressed, although just as handsome as always.

She nodded, squeezing him before letting go. The vibrations in the ground had long turned into full blown ground-shaking tremors. If she listened hard enough, she'd be able to hear the pants and pounding footsteps. Her friends excused themselves and went to get into position, leaving Violet alone.

"Everyone, positions!" Axel yelled, clapping his hands and striding to the front, easily noticeable in his dark red shirt.

With her eyes on the ground, Violet wrapped her arms around herself, hugging her torso. There was only a light breeze in the air and she was surrounded by pack members, yet she had never felt more cold and alone in her life. Someone brushed past her and she lifted her head. Blake walked past, heading for the front, alongside the rest of the pack's strongest fighters. He was clad in a navy blue shirt, the design matching Axel's. The guilt returned, but with it this time, came heartache. He was hurting. And, just like this battle, it was all her fault. Violet could only feel anger towards herself. Balling her hands into fists, she opened her mouth.

"Blake!" She called out and he stopped, muscles tense. He stayed put, neither continuing onwards nor returning to her side.

Mustering up some well needed courage, Violet approached him. Once a foot away, she bent her head forwards, even though he couldn't see.

"I'm so sorry." She said loudly, eyes squeezed shut, "I know you're fed up of hearing it. But I truly mean it. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for dragging your pack into my problems. I'm sorry for not trusting you before. I'm sorry for being the worst mate alive. I'm sorry-"

"It's fine."

Her head shot up. Blowing out a breath, he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'll have to force myself to get over it," his eyes met hers, "to get over you. Besides, it's my fault for choosing to bring back Karmen in the first place, thinking the plan would go smoothly. I should've known you'd block me. I regret it, but there's no point in me moping anymore. You chose Axel and I'm probably just being an annoying whiny mat- Alpha to you now."

Violet frowned, shaking her head, "don't blame yourself. Please."

He stifled a smile, "Alright. In return, I won't hurt anymore."

Although as he turned his head, Violet spotted the flash of pain in his eyes. Without realizing she'd done it, she'd shot forward and had her lips pressed to his. Wide eyed, Blake froze. His heart thumped widely, his wolf howling. Her warmth seeped into him and his eyelids closed.

The two stood wrapped in each other's arms, like mates should. Their bodies fit like a puzzle and Violet's heart ached. She was letting this go, to be with another. Eyes still shut, she rested her forehead on his chest. Blake tilted his head to place it ontop of hers.

"Atleast I'll have this memory." He mumbled, squeezing her tightly.

Violet opened her eyes, a lone tear running down her face. Quickly swiping it away, she willed the rest to stay put. Blake gulped, memorising the way she felt in his arms, before pulling away. He glanced down at her, a small smile on his face.

"You remember the promise I made? No matter what, if I had a way to make you completely happy, I'd do it? Well, here's me finally taking that promise into action."

He leaned down and, after placing a light kiss on her forehead, gave her a mock salute before turning around and heading to where Axel stood, barking orders. Violet watched his retreating back, a weight lifting off her shoulders. They were back on good terms, and hopefully it would stay that way. Unfortunately, her happiness was short lived as large threatening wolves emerged from the trees. Like ants, they filed out. Violet's eyes widened and dread filled her. There had to be atleast two hundred. Although her pack had over six hundred members, more than half were either elders or children. From her place near the edge of the forest, she could easily see how big her pack and the Moon pack was. She hated to admit how close the sizes were to each other.

Paxton broke through the army of wolves, in human form with a smirk on his face. Clapping his hands, he shook his head.

"I have to say, the size of your pack is pretty impressive." His eyes scanned my pack, stopping on Blake and Axel, "but so is your stupidity."

Axel growled, but Blake remained emotionless. Paxton's mood abruptly changed, pure malice in his eyes. His top lip curled over his teeth as he growled, "if our Evangeline hadn't been taken away, none of this would have happened."

Blake eyed Paxton, shrugging.

"You're right." He said and Violet was surprised at how calm he was, "none of this would've happened. I wouldn't have met all these amazing people, nor would I have had the chance to be paired with such an amazing mate."

Paxton reeled back in disgust, "save your sappy stories for someone who cares."

The temperature seemed to drop as time passed. Paxton and Blake held each other's stare, neither daring to break eye contact. Violet held her breath, catching sight of Karmen amongst the enemy pack. Instantly, she filled with fury. How could she stand there with a smug smile on her face when two pack's were about to fight? Chewing her lip, Violet brought her attention back to the two dominating Alphas. Paxton's eyes were gold, his canines extended. Blake, on the other hand, still hadn't broken his poker face. There was doubt he was born to be Alpha. No one of any other position could keep such a calm demeanour in a situation as dangerous as this. Paxton's eye twitched. Blake didn't blink.

"Go."

Barely a second had passed after the order had left Paxton's lips before all hell broke loose. Clothes shredded, bodies collided, jaws clamped and tore. It was like everything was in slow motion. Violet watched her pack members fight. Boys and girls as young as sixteen were tearing and thrashing, becoming murderers even before they became adults. Her friends, who had done nothing to deserve this, were fighting for their lives. And all because of who? Violet felt something bubble up inside her. A pressure built up inside her. Her vision blurred and she stumbled, narrowly missing two wolves entangled in each other. Her. Her fault. She should be the one being punished, not the ones who cared for her.

"Not them." She mumbled, hands gripping her hair.

"Not their fault." Again, she stumbled, except this time, she got snagged in a tumble between a wolf and a teenager no older than fifteen. Violet caught sight of the kid's face, bruised and bloody, with eyes filled with complete and utter terror.

She cracked. All of Violet's self control flew out the window. Screw them. Screw the Moons. Screw all those who made her loved ones hurt. Teeth bared and eyes crazed, she threw herself at the wolf attacking the kid. Not their fault. Her fist rammed deep inside. Not their fault. The wolf howled in pain. Not their fault. One life taken.

Violet had finally snapped. With raw emotion flowing through her, she raged into battle, leaving corpses and chaos in her wake. It was as if the blood on the ground and the screams were fuelling her. Eyes pure gold, she wondered, was this bloodlust? Insanity? She revelled in the power she felt, in the feel of her claws sinking, in the pain of others. This was so wrong, yet she felt no ounce of guilt.

These monsters deserved it.

It wasn't enough. She needed more. Tension coiled inside her. Her stomach tightened and, with a roar, her wolf burst from within her. Wolves from all around paused in their movements, feeling the wave of power. Today was the day an Alpha female was born. Violet had kept it inside for too long. Her timid nature had hidden it. The Alpha blood running though her veins made itself known. A wolf as dark as night emerged in the centre of the battlefield, it's eyes blood red and blade-like teeth bared. Violet had always been the damsel in distress, but it was her turn to do the saving. She was born to protect those around her. It had just taken so long for her to realize it. A chilling howl sounded and everyone, even Paxton, froze. It was the sound of a girl letting go. The sound of an Alpha female in distress. A battle cry. Now the fight had begun.

Violet surged forwards, nothing but a blur even to werewolves. She tore through jugulars and sank her teeth into flesh. Her coat became matted, caked in blood and dirt. More. Her claws sliced through skin and punctured lungs. More. She launched herself left and right, ramming into hard bodies, soaking the ground in a deep red. In her hazy and crazed state, she paid no mind to those around her. Once she'd zeroed in on a target, that was it. They'd meet their end.

The once peaceful meadow had turned into a warzone with corpses from both packs lining the grounds. Howls were sent. Tears were shed. Lives were lost. All the fighters continued, panting and pushing themselves to their limits. However, deep in the shadows, a soft click sounded. The safety of a gun removed. Paxton had fled the main battlefield unnoticed, taking the route of a coward. He aimed the sniper at the wolf he knew would make Violet hurt the most. She'd learn what real pain felt like. A gunshot went off, this time stopping every wolf in their tracks. Guns were foul play. Everyone was filled with disbelief and shock. It was as if someone had pressed pause. Every wolf stopped to watch the bullet.

The bullet pierced through the air, heading directly towards it's target's heart.

He had no time to react. He could do nothing but send one final message through the pack link.

I love you, Violet.

:( Hopefully longer than usual. Any thoughts on who it was?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

573K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...
1.4K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
1.3M 17.5K 10
When Violet's mateless status designated her to serve as a breeder, she marked the very detainee she was assigned to seduce, giving him his life back...
1.1M 30.4K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...