Buttons {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

"Nothing's changed. You'll go home. You'll be bored. You'll be ignored. No one will listen to you, really lis... More

Character List
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter Twenty-Two

19.9K 1.4K 1.6K
By TaeTae_lyfe

You were completely silent as you stared at the man in front of you, hands trembling as they gripped the sharp object in your hands.

Taehyung sat in front of you, eyes closed shut as he swallowed hard, waiting for you to do the deed and get it over with.

With a deep breath, you leaned forward, knuckles white as you carefully brought the scissors up to Taehyung's mouth, positioning them around the thick leather-like threat.

"Are you ready?" You whispered.

Taehyung opened his eyes slowly, giving you a small nod of approval.

You took a deep breath, clamp the scissors shut and cutting the first piece of thread.

You couldn't stop yourself from growing angry as you continued to cut away at the thick threading that kept his mouth shut.

What kind of person would do this? What kind of sick mind would be jealous enough to sew his own brother's mouth shut?

Taehyung frowned at your angry expression, his hands moving to cover your own fondly.

You shook your head, brushing him off as you finally finished your task. The thread was cut, now all you had to do was pull it out.

Your hands were surprisingly steady as you pulled the thread through the holes Jimin had made, the dried blood only causing minimal difficulty.

A sigh of relief left your lips once the last piece of thread was out, leaving Taehyung's mouth free to move freely.

The blond haired man opened his mouth to speak, but you were quick to silence him, hands reaching for the small bowl of warm water that you had fetched from the bathroom earlier.

Taehyung watched silently as you dipped a clean washcloth into the hot liquid, making sure it was nice and damp before you ever-so-gently began to clean his wounds, eyebrows furrowed in frustration as you wiped off the dried blood.

Taehyung allowed you to help him, which surprised him. He had never wanted or needed help from anyone else...and if it had been anyone else trying to help him, he would have refused. He'd rather never be able to talk again than allow himself to become weak and vulnerable.

But you were different, weren't you?

Maybe it was because he had grownup in a place where trust was rare-stupid even...but the light you possessed was something that drew him to you...You were special...and he could see it, even if no one else could.

You placed the washcloth down into the now reddish colored water, fingers gently stroking over the bruised skin of his lips, eyes making sure you hadn't missed a single piece of that cursed thread.

It was an innocent enough gesture.

Taehyung knew that you were merely checking him for more injuries or wounds, but that didn't stop his heart from racing...

"There." You breathed, leaning back from the tall man. "It's all gone."

Taehyung raised a finger to his lips, lightly tapping at the broken skin.

"Th-Thank you." He said.

You smiled sadly at the sound of his voice, head nodding as you stood to your feet, grabbing the bowl of water and walking towards the en-suite bathroom.

Taehyung followed your actions, raising to his feet and watching you pour the blood-soiled liquid down the drain.

"I suppose I have to get married now." You whispered as you hung the washcloth up to dry. "J-Jimin will be angry if I'm late to my own..."

You couldn't even bring yourself to say that wretched word.

Wedding.

The word made you sick to your stomach.

It seemed as though Taehyung took instant notice of your emotions, his body moving towards your own.

"I-I won't let him hurt you."

Those words were enough to cause your head to snap up, shock written over you expression.

Was he being serious? This was the man who swore he'd stay out of it. He vowed never to betray his brother and yet...here he was, making promises that you didn't know he could keep.

"Taehyung, I don't-"

"I have been afraid of my brother for too long." He interrupted, hands gripping yours. "I thought he loved you. I thought he wanted the best for you...but now...after everything he's done, I can see how much he's been hurting you. You deserve to be happy...and you can't be happy in this place."

Your eyes softened on the man, head nodding in agreement.

"So what do you suggest we do?" You asked. "He won't let me leave...I think we both know that much."

Taehyung took a deep breath, his eyes never leaving yours as he grabbed your uninjured hand.

"I'm getting you out of here."

You didn't even get the chance to question him as he pulled you towards the bedroom door, opening it quietly and pulling you towards the staircase.

"What are you doing?" You whispered. "They'll see us."

Taehyung shook his head.

"They are resting." He explained. "Jimin's power is weakening. You don't love him and it's literally killing him."

Your eyes grew slightly bigger at the explanation, mind fully processing the information as the two of you reached the bottom of the staircase.

You tip-toed against the hardwood floors, hand interlocked with Taehyung's as he pulled you into the living room and towards the familiar door.

"It's locked." You stated. "I tried earlier, but-"

Taehyung smiled as he pulled the small door open.

"It was only locked for you." He said. "I can come and go as I please, remember?"

Relief washed over you as you fell to your knees, arms wrapping around the blond man that you were proud to call friend.

Taehyung was taken aback by your sudden show of affection, but that didn't stop him from wrapping you in his own embrace, nose burying in your hair as he held you so delicately.

"Sweetheart?"

Both of your bodies stiffened up as Jimin's tired voice floated down the stairs, alerting both of you to the eminent danger.

You pulled away from the blond man, hands motioning towards the tunnel.

"Let's go."

You crawled into the little space, brows furrowing as Taehyung remained completely still.

"Y/n!"

You jumped as Jimin's voice began to sound frantic, eyes pleading with the man before you as you grabbed his hand.

"Come on." You said. "He'll hurt you again."

Taehyung shook his head, a soft smile forming on his features.

"This is my world," He started. "I can't leave..Jimin would know where to find me. You'd never be safe."

You shook your head in response.

"I don't care." You deadpanned. "I won't leave you alone with him."

Taehyung cupped your cheek with his hand.

"It's better this way."

"Y/n!" Jimin roared, throwing open your bedroom door. "How dare you disobey me!?"

Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at Taehyung.

"You're insane if you think I'm leaving you here."

Taehyung let out a sound of shock as you gripped his wrist, using all of your strength to pull him into the tunnel with you, your free hand slamming the small door shut behind the two of you.

"You-"

"You can yell at me later." You stated.

Your head snapped up as an inhumane scream filled your ears, the sound pouring in from the other side of the door.

Your body shot into motion, crawling on your hands and knees as you struggled to reach the other side of the seemingly never-ending tunnel.

Taehyung was right behind you, eyes scanning over your figure to make sure you were alright.

The sound of loud banging was heard from behind you as another cry of pain filled the air.

"NO!"

You recognized the voice as Jimin.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!"

Panic shot through you as the banging continued, growing louder and louder as the door seemed to chase after you, forcing you both to crawl faster, your freedom just in reach.

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!"

Your body jerked around as the tunnel began to tremble violently.

"COME BACK PLEASE! I'LL DIE WITHOUT YOU!"

Your chest heaved as you pushed through the other side of the door, Taehyung following directly behind you.

"I NEED YOU! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!"

You slammed the door shut, hands grabbing the key and locking the door.

Your body fell backwards as your breathing finally began to resemble a normal pace, heart still pounding in your chest.

Taehyung sat right beside of you, his eyes wide as he stared at the small door.

One part of him was upset with you for putting your life in danger to save him....the other part simply couldn't believe that he was finally free of his brother's hold.

You struggled to catch your breath as a small chuckle ripped through you, eyes taking in the familiar surroundings of your home. Your real home.

Taehyung watched as you shot to your feet eagerly, eyes scanning over every inch of the room you were in before you ran throughout the house.

"Jimin!" You called. "Namjoon!"

Your yells received no answers, causing Taehyung's brows to shoot up in confusion, his own body moving to stand up, following after your own.

"Jimin!" You yelled. "I'm back! I'm safe now. We-"

Your voice trailed off as you walked into the hallway, eyes falling on the mirror that you had once been trapped in while in the other world.

Taehyung shook his head in disbelief.

"Oh god."

Jimin and Namjoon were both present on the other side of the glass, their bodies trembling in the ice and snow as they stared down at you.

Jimin's shaky hand moved to press against the glass. You followed suit, placing your hand over his slowly as a tear ran down your cheek.

The vision slowly began to dissipate from the mirror until the image of them was completely nonexistent and all that was left was your own reflection.

And just like that...They were gone.

A/N,

I am on a roll with these updates. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row and finish this book up.

I may give out a hint for my new book, but it depends...HeHe.

I love you and hope you enjoyed this book!

Don't worry, we will be getting some more Jungkook, Hoseok, Jin and Yoongi action. I would have given the reader more time with the Other!versions, but I didn't think it fit well into the storyline...maybe next time.

Who do you want to reader to end up with and why?

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 464 36
[ "Help me," I whispered, still oblivious of who the person with me is. And finally I felt something I never felt before. Warmth. ] •Reader x Kim Tae...
28.8K 1.2K 81
"Even ignorance can't hide the fact that you reek of death." - Sometimes, a little teamwork is all it takes to rupture an empire. - BTS AU BTS JU...
11.4K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...
147 15 10
"𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝗇𝗈 𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀. 𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗆𝖾, 𝗂'𝗆 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗄𝖺𝗋𝗆𝖺." 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗒/𝗇 𝗅/𝗇 𝗂...