A F T E R D A R K | PAUL LAH...

By laurenperry9

Sophia and Isabella Swan were polar opposites, fraternal twins with little in common. Born to Renée and Charl... More

C A S T
T W I L I G H T
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
N E W | M O O N
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
E C L I P S E
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
B R E A K I N G | D A W N | P A R T 1
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
B R E A K I N G | D A W N | P A R T 2
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
A/N
A/N 2
59 - BC.2
60 - BC.3
61 - BC.4
A/N 3
62 - BC.5
Little update
Announcement
Coming soon..
Sequel

58 - BC.1

25.7K 829 239
By laurenperry9

You ask, I deliver.

Here we are.. bonus chapter no.1.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD — Reuben and the dark.

• • •

"Doesn't it freak you out that you're gonna a be pushing a human out of you soon?"

With my eyes narrowed in utter disbelief and annoyance, Emily and I looked sideways to Quil. He was sat at the table with his chin resting in his hand and upon seeing my angry glare he shrugged his shoulders simply in response.

My husband widened his eyes somewhat at him, as if he was warning him to carry on.

I ignored my friend completely, returning my attention back to the plate of chocolate cake that rested on the top of my large stomach. The perks of Emily being the best cook there was, she made almost everything I was craving for me. I cut another piece of the cake away with the fork while I rubbed my bump in soothing circles with my other hand.

"You're such an idiot, Quil." Jared insulted with a low groan.

"I only asked a question."

I rolled my eyes.

"You know she's freaking out." I heard Paul seethe under his breath to his pack mate, "So stop trying to get her to talk about it."

"Seems like she's not the only one freaking out about bringing a child into the world." Quil mused.

"He's not the one pushing it out of his vagina, is he?" I shot, "I may be nine months pregnant Quil but that doesn't mean I won't try and put you on your ass."

I was due three days ago and with each passing day my anxiety about giving birth grew. It felt real now and with that it made me scared. I'm not sure why my child wanted to sit in my womb and I didn't care how cosy he or she was, I was not comfortable anymore.

"I'd pay to see that." Jacob quipped in amusement as he returned from the fridge with a slice of Emily's cake on a plate.

"Shouldn't you be with my niece?" I rounded on him.

"Yeah Jake, shouldn't you be with Renesmee?" Embry mocked.

Jake narrowed his eyes, "Where's Alia, huh?"

I growled in annoyance as they bickered like kids and from besides me Emily's eyes widened. She turned to the pack, "I think you guys should ease up." She suggested, "Sophia's growling again."

Quil laughed, "I know we're awesome and all Sophia but you don't have to growl to pretend—"

I turned quicker than I've ever moved in the past four months and launched my fork at him, throwing it without a second thought. I watched as he dived out of his chair sideways to avoid the kitchen utensil that would've hit him had he not moved.

The house was silent, everyone either looking at Quil's empty chair or me.

Slowly, he put his hands on the table and rose up from the floor, "That would've hit me!" He exasperated.

"She told you to shut up." Paul told him, still in his seat, "You should've listened."

"I didn't think she'd throw a fork at me." He argued, sitting back down.

"You brought it upon yourself Ateara." I told him. I inched forwards on the sofa and used my free hand to push myself up.

"Whoa, Soph where you going?" Jake asked me quickly.

I arched a brow, half stood up, "To put my plate away."

"You don't have to get up." Emily said to me, standing up, "I'll put it away for you."

"Nah, it's fine. My ass is numb anyways."

I got to my feet fully and tried to stretch my back but all I got was an intense throbbing in my feet — feet I couldn't even see. I groaned loudly, I don't think I'd ever felt so uncomfortable in my own body before.

Slowly I padded towards the sink, getting stuck by the dining table. I looked down to Embry who had his eyes on playing cards as he played with Jared.

"Embry." I said to him.

He didn't take his eyes off the cards and in the seat next to him I saw Paul looking at us in my peripheral vision.

"What?"

I pressed my lips together, "Can you move your seat in please?"

He continued to stare at the cards, "You can get through there."

"Either you're blind or you haven't seen the size of my stomach lately." I pressed, "Maybe when I was a size 8 and I wasn't pregnant I could've but now I'm literally a 14 and carrying either a very big or a very fat child.. now move."

He scooted the tiniest bit in and I flared my nostrils in irritation. My eyes flickered up to Paul as he watched me apprehensively. My pregnancy-induced hormones and mood swings really were shocking. I could go from laughing one second to wanting to strangle someone the next.

It was always either Edward or Embry that I wanted to strangle too.

"Soph." Paul whined somewhat, trying to coax me out of whatever he thought I was going to do. His words were nothing to me as I grabbed the back of Embry's chair with my free hand and shoved him forwards against the table.

He groaned in pain as his stomach hit the table as he became sandwiched between it and the chair. The entire table shuffled with the force of Embry hitting it and knocked into Quil who was sat opposite him.

Paul cringed as I let go of the chair and stepped behind Embry and his chair, now able to fully fit through.

"Jeeez Paul, control your wife." Embry complained after I passed him, throwing me a snide glare as I put my plate in the sink.

"If you'd of moved your chair when she'd asked you Embry she wouldn't of pushed you out of the way." Sam said as he returned to the living room. He pressed a kiss to Emily's head.

"Did she go down all right?" Emily asked. Sam had been gone trying to put their daughter to bed for a good hour.

Sam pulled a face, "She twisted for a bit but I think she knew she wasn't going to win." He responded.

Embry continued his conversation regarding me pushing him, "She shouldn't be able to push me that hard." He grumbled.

I placed both my hands on the kitchen counter and leaned forwards trying to relieve the pressure building up in the bottom of my back. No one told me just how bad the back pain was during the last few weeks of pregnancy, "I'm still half vampire you idiot." I responded, "Pregnancy doesn't suppress supernatural abilities."

"No." Jacob snorted, "It just hinders them."

I stood up again and looked at him, "I don't know what you're going on about Black." I said, "I beat you in an arm wrestling competition last week."

"Yeah." Quil laughed, hitting his friends arm, "A heavily pregnant woman is stronger than you, Jake."

Jake glared silently at Quil.

"It doesn't hinder her abilities, does it Soph?" Paul said, "She's trying not to use them."

I nodded in agreement with Paul as my stomach cramped. I closed my eyes and inhaled slowly before exhaling, leaning forwards on my arms and rocking back and forth in pain.

"I can't believe you're actually still pregnant." Jared said.

I opened my eyes to look at him, both my eyes narrowed, "Everyone is pregnant for nine months you idiot."

"Bella wasn't."

I rolled my eyes, "Bella was carrying a half vampire." I told him, "I'm obviously carrying a human."

"Or a shapeshifter." Quil interjected, "Still betting on it being one of us."

"One. My unborn child isn't an it and two, for my own sake I hope they aren't one of you." I responded, "You guys are disgusting."

"Aw, thanks love." Paul smiled at me sarcastically.

My stomach cramped again and I leaned forwards to relieve myself of the pain. I stuck my thumb up, "Welcome, shitbag."

"Shitbag?" Jacob asked in amusement.

"It's her new name for me isn't it, darling?"

I seethed, "Ooooo I'm gonna chuck you out the window in a minute you big asshole." I told my husband through breaths.

Emily got up from the sofa and came over to me, "I'll come and make sure you're all right, Sophia, don't worry." She said obviously, rubbing my lower back once she reached me.

I exhaled heavily, "Thanks, Em."

Someone's phone rang somewhere, the shrill tone echoing through the house shortly before the call was accepted, "Hello?" I heard Jacob say.

"Who is it?" Embry asked.

"It's Alice." I responded, hearing her voice through Jacob's phone speaker.

I still had impeccable hearing that was for sure.

"Not like it's any of your business." Paul retorted to Embry.

"Nope." Jacob said, "Still pregnant."

I heard a disappointed 'Oh' echo and I looked up, "Why has she seen me give birth to this devil yet?"

"He isn't a devil." Paul said to me.

The both of us, like Bella had been when she was pregnant, were convinced that we were having a boy. As convinced as we were though we decided on not finding out the gender, purely because if we were wrong we wanted a surprise.

"The pain he's putting my body in proves otherwise." I fired.

Jacob nodded and looked over to me, "Renesmee said hi."

"What did Alice say?!" Emily and I asked in unison.

"Oh, she said yes."

My jaw dropped, "What?" I echoed, "When?"

He shrugged innocently.

"Well ask her then." Jared snapped.

"When is Sophia gonna give birth?" Jake asked, "For our sakes." He muttered under his breath.

"I heard that!" I grumbled as Emily continued to rub my back. I exhaled deeply as the pain grew worse and pushed further down into the bottom of my stomach.

"Really?" Jacob's voice rose in surprise.. or excitement — the whole pregnancy thing was really throwing my senses off at the minute.

"What?" Paul asked quickly, "What did she say?"

Whatever words Jacob uttered went unnoticed in my mind as my knees turned into jelly and gave in. A gush of water ran down my legs and created a big puddle on the floor.

My mouth dropped and I felt all the colour wash from my face. Wordlessly — and somewhat shell shocked — I glanced over to Emily besides me. She stopped rubbing my back slowly met my eyes as everyone rose from their seats.

"Oh, god." I muttered to her.

"Yeah." Jacob said high pitched, "See you at the hospital."

"Aw shit." I exhaled, looking back down to the clear fluid on the floor, "I can't be assed to do this now."

The pack started buzzing around for whatever reason, it wasn't like they had anything to get. Paul walked calmly over to Emily and I and took my hand, wrapping his other arm around my back to support me, "You ready?" He asked me.

I puffed out my cheeks as what I now realised to be contractions happened again. I closed my eyes and nodded, "Yeah, I think so."

Paul nodded and he broke out into a large grin, "We're gonna have a baby."

"Uhuh." I responded with a grin of my own.

He kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too."

• • •

Everything about pregnancy was not for me. Everything about childbirth was not for me.

I couldn't handle the morning sickness, the hormones, the wicked mood swings, the stretch marks, the swollen feet, the back pain, the discomfort.

I couldn't handle the contractions, the sweating, the pushing, the exhaustion, the screaming, swearing and the yelling, the hours.

I was in a love-hate relationship with my pregnancy.. and because of it a love-hate relationship with most people I was around. It all depended on how my mood swings were that day.

But one thing I knew for sure was that I wouldn't of changed any of it for the world.

Everything I went through was worth it. All the changes to my body was worth it.. because in the end I got to call myself a mother, and Paul got to be a father. It had been by far one of the most surreal experiences we'd shared together.

Lying here, exhausted and sweaty in a hospital bed after eight hours of labour was absolutely worth it. My family here, my husband by my side and my son in my arms.

My son.

God, how crazy was that?

I was in love. Completely and utterly in love with my son. He was his father all over. They shared the same tanned skin, the same chocolate eyes and the same black hair. He was a replica of his father.

Paul had lost a piece of my heart to his son and I had to him as well and we were completely okay with that.

I could genuinely speak for the both of us when I said we were in awe. We couldn't say much, do much, except look at the newborn we'd managed to bring into this world.

Who'd of thought it huh? Paul and I.. parents.

We had our worries of raising a child, doubts that we couldn't do it. I was even a little scared but seeing him I knew we were going to be just fine.

That first skin to skin contact we had was indescribable as I cried in a mixture of relief and happiness. Hearing his own little cries, looking into his eyes for the first time. It was all so amazing.

The door opened slowly and the nurse poked her head through gently, "How about some visitors?" She asked quietly, looking to my husband and I.

I nodded in response briefly taking my eyes away from my son who was sleeping soundly in my arms. The door opened fully and Charlie stepped in, Sue behind him with an excited smile on her face.

The door closed behind them as they stood at the bottom of the bed. My dad rubbed his hands together, "So?"

I glanced up at Paul who nodded at me once, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

I looked back to my dad with a smile, "Dad, Sue.. this is your new grandson." Charlie's eyes lit up at the mention of a boy and I looked back down to my baby, "This is Carter.. Carter Lahote."

• • •

So now I've wrote this I don't wanna stop again. I've got ideas bouncing about all over.

On a separate note, I hope you guys liked the first bonus chapter. Fingers crossed I did it justice!

Anyone want a second one???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 1.7K 16
Kokichi is hiding under his mask. But what would happen if his mask breaks? (Warning!) Contains: Spoilers for danganronpa v3 Boy x boy Self harm Suic...
733K 25.9K 41
Seventeen year old Hope has lived alone since she was nine. After the brutal murder of her Mother, she's forced to live in an abandoned cabin in the...
37.5K 721 65
Stella Verstappen, the sister of the renowned Max Verstappen, made a life-altering decision to relocate to the United States, driven by her passion f...
767K 20.2K 25
𝑬𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 || ❝Now that he was seeing her face to face, she was an angel in his perspective. She was the epitome of innocence in his mind, an...