Royal Soulmates

By ElizabethAnneBlacke

The Princess who is also next in line for the throne, finally is twenty and she has to marry before her twent... More

1: Get Hitched or Lose the Throne
2: A Daring Escape
3: Going Back Eight Years
4: The Royal Ball Begins
5: Our Song
6: Masked Stranger
7: A Decision is Made
8: Slip of Paper
9: Two Choices & Ten Days
10: Royal Drama & A Dead Phone
11: Little Time to Grow Love
12: Gown Fit for A Princess
13: Best Man is Always Tardy
14: Finding the Right Girl
15: Already Found The One...Twice
16: Family Jewels
17: Strip Poker & The Hot Tub
18: A Spider Part One & Part Two
19: Wedding Plans
20: An Annoying Waitress
21: A Bachelorette Party
23: A Royal Wedding
24: Truth, Lies & A Runaway
25: Soul Mate from Diapers to Death
Epilogue: Royal Soul Mates Finally

22: A Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

1.2K 12 4
By ElizabethAnneBlacke

Chapter 22

It was not long before I did close my eyes but when I finally was shaken awake quite rudely by Sarah, it felt like a blink of an eye. It was five pm and the wedding rehearsal started in just an hour.

I had to get ready, yet I wanted to go back to a wonderful dream I was having. I was walking along the beach just holding hands with a man, I was truly in love with him, but when I looked up to see his face or kiss him, I would just see a blank face.

It disturbed me deeply because it was almost like a fill in the blank, I had to choose the man. Why does my life revolve around so many complicated decisions? Why can't they be as simple as which socks do I wear today? Alternatively, should I wear my hair in a ponytail or a braid? I envy the normal teenage girls who have simple problems such as acne or getting the popular boy to like the nerdy girl.

I was just sitting on my bed when I came to the realization that Sarah was snapping her fingers in front of my face. I looked at my phone, she had left me a half hour ago to shower, and get ready and I had spent that time in deep thought. I knew it was way too late to back out now, the show must go on.

I raced to get dressed and was slowly descending the stairs now, to be driven to the church for the wedding rehearsal. Alex and I were riding together, since this evening would be the last time I see him before the big "I do."

"Wow, Anne, you look beautiful," Alex said as I walked down the stairs. Luckily, I got out of my head enough to concentrate on the stairs and not fall. We were the last two to leave, everyone was already at the church.

"Thank you, Alex. You are looking quite handsome yourself." I said pulling a smile from I don't even know.

"Thank you, we should be going," Alex said leading me to the door and helping me put my coat on. I saw myself three years from now, doing the same thing and ten years from now the same but with little ones tugging on my coat and looking tired. Even thirty years from now, with Alex always at my side, and grandchildren now. I thought about and I am surprised I was able to keep a smile on my face, I felt like running back upstairs and crying myself to sleep.

He opened the door and helped me into the car before I had the chance. I stepped in daintily, and slide to the seat closest to the other side, and Alex slide in next to me. He put his arm around me and pulled me to him. He looked depressed, our facial expressions were both strained smiles.

"Anne, are you sure?" Alex asked thinking on the same way length as me.

"It's too late anyways isn't it?" I said as Alex just nodded his head.

"Do you love me?" I asked Alex.

"No. Do you love me?" Alex said grimly looking away.

"No, I believe I can grow to love you though." I said trying to be cheerful.

"I hope to just be a wonderful husband, a King to be remembered and a supporting father someday, “Alex said looking into my eyes.

"I have the same hopes and dreams." I said.

"Good let's make our dreams come true for each other, no cold feet now." Alex said as he leaned in for a kiss, I felt him pause and his breath on my face. Our lips met and I let him open my mouth. We kissed for a few moments before pulling apart and I opened my eyes and was met with beautiful brown eyes. I smiled and it was almost a genuine one.

"Let's go get this rehearsal over and get married already." Alex said leading me out of the car into the church. We slowly walked into the church just holding hands. I thought that if I had to marry at least it was to a decent guy who would support me in all my endeavors.

Two men slowly opened the doors to the church and we were met with many applauds from all of the people gathered near the altar. My parents, Alex's parents (even his creepy dad), Ashton, Sarah, my friend Madeline and his husband, and tons more family relatives. They even played the bridal music as we took our time walking up the aisle.

We went through all the procedures and the quick run through ended up lasting over two hours before we all went back out to the parking lot to get into our cars before going out to dinner at a nearby restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. The restaurant was not very crowded but we were shown to a private dining room, where everyone chatted before taking their seats.

I ended up sitting at a table with my father at the end, my mother next to him, then Sarah was next to her and Alex's mother Cleopatra next to her and Alex's father at the end. Ashton was on the other side of the table, and I was next to him and Alex was next to me.

Later on, the waiters came out and took drink orders, my father immediately ordered a bottle of white wine for the table. We had our beautiful tulips glasses filled with 1996 Coche-Dury Mersault Les Perrieres, my father tested it first and nodded the waiters to fill after he gave it his approval.

Of course, Sarah had to pip up and start a toast for Alex and Anne, to have a long and fulfilling marriage, and she winked at me as she said fulfilling. I started blushing like a crazy person.

"Alright, alright settle down, there will plenty of time for toasts tomorrow night." I said as I blushed like crazy. Everyone finally took a sip from their glass and there were murmurs of approval. The wine seems to be a popular hit with everyone, Sarah and Ashton both got a refill before their meals even arrived. Then again, they will drink anything with an alcohol content higher than 0.5%.

We were all chatting merrily about the wedding, and Alex held my hand the whole time while throwing me small smiles. Finally, our meals arrived, everyone was a little tipsy, except for Sarah who was close to drunk. Everyone began to eat their meals so the chatter died down a bit. My meal was delicious, I was practically shoveling it down. Alex kept telling me to slow down where as Ashton just chuckled.

After everyone else had finished eating, which was like twenty minute after I did, we were served dessert, which was a beautifully decorated red velvet cupcakes. I ate mine right up and Alex slide me his when he saw me eyeing his cupcake. I always believed that dessert should be eaten first, because you are supposed to enjoy the good things in life, well unless the dessert is bad. 

It was starting to get late, my father paid the bill, and everyone said their thank yous and goodnight's. We all did have a very early morning tomorrow. I left with Alex, to ride with him and Sarah and Ashton rode with us instead of my parents. I immediately went to my room, to change out of these horrid heels that were now killing my feet. I first said goodnight to Alex and kissed him goodnight because he was to stay with his parents in their hotel, because it's bad luck to have the bride and groom stay in the same house before the wedding.

I thought that was quite silly for Alex to drive twenty minutes tonight just to drive back here early tomorrow to get dressed and ready but Alex insisted saying that he was fine with it. Always a gentleman. 

After I changed, I went looking for aspirin and water, so my head would not hurt tomorrow, off to the kitchen. I guess someone else had the same idea, Ashton. I walked in with just my short black and white polka a dot shorts and matching camisole pajamas and robe. I got a glass of water for Ashton and one for myself, as he got the aspirin out for me. 

"Cheers," Ashton said and banging his glass against mine.

"You know you are really funny," I said, as Ashton laughed remembering Sarah's speech.

"Yes, I am aware of that small fact." Ashton said putting his glass in the sink and taking a beer out of the fridge.

"Why are drinking now, that's counterproductive to the fact that you just took aspirin to kill a hangover but yet you are drinking more." I asked annoyed.

"Exactly." 

"Whatever, if you are drunk at my wedding, and wreck my wedding, you won't make it out of the church alive, let alone the altar." I said showing him I am serious by grabbing his collar. 

"Oh, I like it when you get feisty." Ashton said grabbing the ribbon that ties my robe and pulling it. He looked quite sexy still in his black dress pants, his white dress shirt with the first three buttons undone and his tie hanging from his neck. His hair was messed up like he had run his fingers through it a few times.

"I like it when you don't touch me, I have a fiancé, yah know." I said knowing that was a complete lie, I had never felt like this before, I wanted him to do dirty things to me right on this kitchen counter. I wanted to rip open his shirt as the buttons fly across the kitchen and lick from his chest all the way down his abs. 

"Oh, you know that's a lie, I can practically hear your thoughts of the great $ex we would have together." Ashton said with a wink.

"Yeah, right. I hate to admit it to you buddy but I had a first love that I still love, Peter." I said averting my eyes from Ashton. In my mind, I knew that no matter how long I live, or who else I meet, I will always love Ashton. Peter was no longer on my mind, he plagued my every waking thought for over five years and now, he's finally out and someone is just going to replace him. Ashton will plaque my thoughts now for eternity.

When Ashton finally meets a girl he likes that will stand up to him and put up with him, he will marry her and it will add to the large crack in my heart up until the day, my heart just breaks. 

"You're lying, plus you have to be in love with Alex to be marrying him." Ashton says cocking an eyebrow.

"No, honestly on the last night of the ball, I actually met someone else who I found a lot more fascinating but he disappeared before I made my decision and I had to choose, so I chose Alex." I said a little depressed now.

"He is a good guy, but you can't marry him if you have any doubt in your mind." Ashton said," I will not let you hurt Alex."

"Ashton, I promise not to hurt him. Once I am married, I am married. If I get a divorce then I forfeit the throne."

"Okay, well if it makes you feel better, I made Alex promise not to hurt you."

"Yeah, I hope one day to love him." I said.

I turned around and began to make some tea, Ashton got me a cup as I set the water to boil.

"So who was this other guy at the ball?" Ashton asked curiously.

"I am not quite sure, he just gave me his number and I called a few times but I never really found out, I know his name is Ashton," I said watching Ashton's face for any emotion that it could have been him as the Ashton from the ball.

"Oh, I understand." Ashton said and leaned back and drank his beer. I pulled out my phone and pretended to send a text message but I really was debating on calling or not. I decided to call. I pressed send. I listened really close to see if Ashton's phone would ring.

"Did you think I was the Ashton from the ball?" Ashton said almost laughing.

"Yeah," I said just as I was about to press end, Ashton walked over and pulled out his cell phone from his back pocket. It was vibrating and it said Anne. That could only mean two things, he knew another Anne that was calling him, or he really was the Ashton from the ball. The tea began to whistle, Ashton took it off the stove. 

"So, you are the Ashton from the ball?" I asked curious and shocked. Ashton did not even bother to answer, he scooped me up and placed me on the counter and stood in between my legs. He bent down to kiss me and when he kissed me, sparks ignited like that night of the ball. This feeling could never get old, it feels like I am kissing him for the first time again. I wrapped my legs around him and ran my fingers through his hair. 

I began to unbutton his shirt and finally got that off. Next, I began to unzip his pants. We were still kissing and only broke once to heavily breathe in some much needed oxygen before resuming our make out. Ashton took my robe off and that's when it snapped in me, that I was a bride to be and could not have $ex with the best man, the night before the wedding.

I pushed Ashton away and he took a step back and unlocked our lips.

"Sorry, but I am getting married tomorrow." I said to Ashton pulling my robe back on and throwing him his shirt. He caught his shirt before resuming his pacing in front of me.

"No, no I understand but Anne, don't get married tomorrow, call the wedding off, please." Ashton said stopping to lock eyes with me.

"It's too late Ashton," I said averting my eyes.

"It's never too late, especially because of Alex..." Ashton said stopping.

"It really is too late and what to do with Alex?" I asked arching an eyebrow.

"Never mind, but Anne, if you change your mind and really will call it off, then I will stand by you forever." Ashton said.

"Thank you and I am going to go to sleep now, utterly confused." I said hopping off the counter and walking out of the kitchen. Just before the door closed, I heard," Anne, I love you. Ashton why are you so stupid, just tell her you like you should have done two weeks ago in the bakery before all this happened."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 63K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
17.2K 445 38
I am going to make my new story After 5 years of separating. I know you might love them. Meet Athena James She is talented girl. She is expert in de...
16.8K 1.5K 50
Raven Mells, a sweet and spirited girl will always do what makes others happy. Especially for her parents... When her parents introduce her to Ryder...
37.9K 1.2K 22
Book1 Marrying my Bossβœ… Book2 His Amaryllis βœ… Dila had to move on, She never forgot what happened, she tried but he only pushed her away. She had he...