Camp Camp X Counselor! Reader

By ItsyBittySpider01

When (Y/n) gets hired as a camp counselor she wasn't expecting much. She just wanted a summer job to get away... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
The Best Script Reading, Ft. (Y/n)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Hey Guys
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
115 Follower Special
Chapter 28
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
this will only be up until the next update!
Chapter 35

Chapter 10

12.2K 282 781
By ItsyBittySpider01

Hey guys, I hope you are all safe! I've been posting as much as I can while doing social distancing.

Again, this is tough times but remember to keep your heads high.

Wash your hands!

~~~

(Y/n) woke up with the sound of her cellphone going off. She opened her eyes and turned the alarm off then stretched her arms across the bed. She tried to get up but seemed to forget she sleeps on the top bunk.

Almost instantly (y/n) hit her head and rolled off the bed. She fell onto the floor, the sudden impact caused her to groan out in pain.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?!"

(Y/n) lifted her head to see Gwen. Gwen sleeps in the bed underneath her, but she wasn't expecting to see Gwen awake at this time.

Gwen isn't a morning person, nor is she the type to agree to be in costume. So it surprised (y/n) to see Gwen with paint on her face, and wearing a stereotypical Native American head accessory.

"Should I ask you if your okay?" (Y/n) asked Gwen back.

She let out a sigh and placed her hand on (y/n)'s shoulder. Gwen looked into her eyes and in the most defeated tone said,

"It's David, he seems to be genuinely excited about this activity. Something about this is what's going to turn the camp around for everyone,"

"But I thought-"

"I know (y/n)," Gwen looked down at her shoes. She looked back up to see (y/n) with worry across her face.

"If you want, none of the campers are awake yet, you can go and try to talk to him. I'm afraid he's going to take things too far,"

"Your right, I'll go and talk to him right now," (y/n) said and turned to walk out the door. But was pulled back instantly by Gwen.

"Not before you change, I can't let someone see you like that,"

(Y/n) looked down to see her PJ's from her favorite Fandom. (Y/n) nodded as she gave Gwen a smile,

"This is why your my best friend Gwen," (y/n) said as she turned to her dresser. She pulled out her Camp t-shirt and one of her blue hoodies.

"Honestly, besides David, I think I'm your only friend,"

~~~

After changing into her uniform, with her white shoes and blue hoodie, (y/n) rushed over to the mess hall. Knowing full well that David would be there eating his breakfast.

She walked in to see David with Quartermaster talking, although she couldn't hear much. (Y/n) just saw David hand Quartermaster another headband similar to Gwen's.

(Y/n) tapped her shoes in nervous fashion. She looked over to see David, giving her one of his smiles.

"(Y/n)!" He shouted as he walked over to her, "just the one I wanted to see!"

He quickly turned to hand her another headband, hers seems to be more matching to his compared to Gwen's and quartermaster.

"David-" (y/n) was cut off

"And here's the best part!" David exclaimed as he pulled out a stick. (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she recognized the staff.

"It's that's the Order of The Sparrow staff?" She asked in confusion

"So you remember!" David gleefully asked her. (Y/n) nodded back.

"It's passed down to one camper who leads the next generation of sparrows," (Y/n) remembered with a small smile. She grabbed onto the yellow friendship bracelet. (Y/n) remembered how Jasper gave her the bracelet after she lost it on the island all those years ago.

"Mr. Campbell was very proud of you two Davey," (Y/n) immediately slapped her mouth. She didn't mean to call him that nickname.

Not after all those years.

"So you do remember me," David smile sadly at her. He grabbed her hand and saw the yellow bracelet, "I was afraid you didn't remember me after all these years,"

"No, I just," (Y/n) sighed sadly at the memories, "it's just...been a while?"

"Yeah if has been (Y/n/n)," David held her hand.

In his other hand he was still holding onto the staff. The two of them stayed in a comfortable silence. They both look into their eyes before (Y/n) coughed awkwardly.

"But Davey," her face was full of concern. "Are you sure this is going to work?"

~~~

The campers all stood outside, tired from waking up as early as they had too. But was quickly woken up as QM shot a lit arrow towards the fireplace.

"Camp Campbell Campers!" David shouted while standing shirtless, however he still had his yellow bandana, "How,"

"Why?" Max asked while rubbing his eyes.

(Y/n) stood next to David, but she was wearing the head piece he had given her. Gwen stood next to her as they both watched David.

"I'm sure you must be wondering who we are! But have no fear, I've-" David was quickly cut off by Max.

"David, what the fuck are you doing?"

"I am not David, though if he were here he would say mind your language. I am Chief Squatting Bear!" David explained.

"Gwen, (Y/n)? Why is David dressed like a turkey?" Nikki asked them. Gwen only facepalm and responded back,

"Because he's fucking David, Nikki. You've been here long enough to figure that out."

"Gwen don't break character!" David said as he moved over towards the campers, "and I'm not a turkey! I'm an Indian Chief!"

"Like Max?" Neil asked. Max's face of confusion caused (Y/n) to giggle.

"What no! Like the Cherokee's," before David could continue, (Y/n) grabbed his free hand.

"I'm going to stop you right there Davey, because I feel like what you were about to do is going to be extremely racist," (Y/n) told him. She held onto his hand, ingoring the blush that was now in his face.

"Seriously, are you offended?" Neil asked while looking over at Max. He had a face of frustration as he saw how close the two counslers were becoming.

Before Max could say anything QM shot another arrow towards the kids. He yelled out "Silence!"

As he turned towards (Y/n) and David, who had faces of shock, he simply just said, "do your thing"

"Uh, right," (Y/n) managed to mumble out as David continued.

"We are the Order of the Sparrow! A secret society that gathers only to honer the most worthy campers,"

"So then what are you doing here?" Nikki asked.

"Look guys, the order has been around since we were kids," David set the staff down. He raised both his and (Y/n)'s hand, "it's a huge honer, and it's really cool!"

"I'll believe that when I see it," Max rolled his eyes. David let go of (Y/n) as he quickly squatted down next to Max.

"Oh, you will," he stood up with a large smile, "because today you will have a chance to prove your worth!"

"Do we have to?" Harrison asked (Y/n).

"No but," she started. The other campers decided to leave when she gave her answer.

David's eyes widen in worry before he yelled out, "waIt NEVERMIND, IT'S MANDATORY!"

"But those of you who are accepted into the order will receive the ultimate prize" David concluded his speech.

The campers instantly got interested when they heard about a prize. However it left Gwen and (Y/n) confused at what he meant.

"Yeah wait, what prize?" Gwen asked as David patted her head.

"All will be revealed at the setting of the sun sister Gwen. So shall we begin?"

The campers cheered out. They all made there way towards the front of the mess hall. As QM started setting up the sign, the kids began to read it out loud. Although they questioned the rules, they all wanted to prove they were the nicest.

"Good! Because you all have until sundown to convince me!" David smiled, before he was tackled down by Nikki.

"DAVID! You know I love nature! YOU KNOW IF I COULD I WOULD HAVE BABIES WITH NATURE!" She then smiled down sweetly, "so can I have my prize?"

"Calm down Nikki,"

They watched as Nurf pushed her out of the way. Although David was slowly becoming worried about the campers intentions, the wasn't showing it. He slowly moved backwards until he hit someone's legs. David looked up to see a worried (Y/n) looking down at him and asking him a second time.

"Davey, are you sure this will work?"

He saw as Gwen walked next to (Y/n). She crossed her arms and looked down at him waiting for his response.

"Uh...yes?"

(Y/n) and Gwen made eye contact before walking off.

(Y/n) made her way towards the cabin, she took off the headpiece and walked over to the bathroom. She began to wash her face to get rid of the makeup, before Max walked inside the cabin.

"(Y/n), tell me you're seeing through this stupid facade that everyone is putting on!"

"Max, why don't we go and grab some lunch," (Y/n) said, pushing the issue aside.

She walked over and picked up Max and began to make her way over to the mess hall. He wiggled his way out of her grasp and landed next to the door. (Y/n) only sighed and entered the mess hall, leaving Max outside.

(Y/n) walked in to see David about to eat a sandwich, before Dolf decided to help. She watched in discust as Dolf chewed up the sandwich and spat it out. David rushed out in a hurry when Dolf tried to feed him. He saw (Y/n) standing at the door, pushing her out with him.

As they both stumbled outside, their eyes widen at the site of the camp. Preston stood proudly as they manage to get rid of the dirt off the ground.

"What in the..." (Y/n) whispered out as Preston asked David if he liked it.

"What did you do to the camp?" David looked around in worry. Preston only smiled,

"I cleaned it! The floors were covered in dirt!"

"That's because it's the forest!" David yelled out, which Preston only shrugged off.

"I know! I really did some good today! So for my prize I was thinking about a Broadway deal!"

"Preston put it all back, now! Please!" David pleaded.

They all watched as a large truck arrived with dirt. The trunk unloaded the dirt onto Preston. Erid skated off and high five Preston's hand that was sticking out.

"Um, I'll take my hover boots now," she demanded.

(Y/n) watched as David began to slowly grow more and more frustrated. She tried to grab his attention before Neil stepped in.

"David, witness me," Neil looked up at David as he was holding the platypus, "witness my love for nature,"

As Neil brought the platypus closer to kiss it, it bit Neil's lips. He yelled out, "Ow, you whore! LET ME LOVE YOU,"

David looked at (Y/n) in worry as the scene played out infront of him. (Y/n)'s face confirm him that the idea wasn't working out as he hoped. Suddenly David was pulled from his thoughts as Max caught his attention.

"This doesn't count David,"

(Y/n) looked over and saw Max standing where she last left him. He was leaning against the wall looking at David.

"They don't actually care,"

"What do you mean? Of course they do!" David denied Max, before he spoke again.

"No! There just doing this because they think they'll get something awesome!"

"A little motivation doesn't hurt anyone," David smiled at him.

Max glared back at him before he said, "until they find out there is no prize!"

Everyone began to gather around as David claimed there was a prize. (Y/n) looked over towards Gwen and QM as they all had the same look of worry.

"Money?" Max started while walking up towards David.

"No,"

"A new pony, a motorcycle, an electron microscope?" He shouted up at David. David growing more and more frustrated yelled back,

"No! It's better than all of that! It's symbolic and beautiful!" David's voice began to slowly grow more louder as the feelings began to break through.

(Y/n) walked over towards David and grabbed him arm. Although David just shoved her off as Max continued to press on.

"Is it a job well done? Because that's a fucking cop out David!"

"ITS A BONFIRE!" David shouted back. Finally letting free of his emotions.

They both turned around to see the group of campers angrily staring back at David. He quickly led them over towards the large area where David had gather large sticks to make a large fire place.

"A bonfire!" David repeated, this time with a fake smile.

(Y/n) felt herself grow in worry as Neil only repeated back what David said.

"Yes! It's the highest honor! The fire is lit with a flaming arrow which signifies-" David was cut by Nikki.

"Wait, we don't actually win anything?" She asked.

David let out a nervous chuckled, "I mean of course you do, everyone gets their own sash,"

"But it's so ugly!" Preston rejected the idea.

David looked down at the sash sadly as he heard Gwen ask, "David is this seriously it?"

"Yeah David," Max said through a sarcastic smile

"Ok, you guys just aren't seeing it! I'm telling you this is amazing!" David made eye contact to (Y/n) and pulled her over next to him. He grabbed her hand tightly as he quickly tried his hardest to explain, "there's a big fire, there's music, a ceremony- Oh! And the passing of the staff! The Chief decides on a new member to carry his staff and lead the new generation of sparrows!"

(Y/n) winced at how hard David was holding onto her hand. She whispered out, "Davey your hurting my hand,"

"So one of us get a stick?" Neil pushed until David snapped at him.

"It's an ancient STAFF!" David grabbed (Y/n)'s hand harder, which caused (Y/n) to yelp in pain. David's grip on the staff caused it to break in half. His eyes widen as he realized what's he's done towards the staff and (Y/n)'s hand.

"Welp, this is a train wreak," QM loudly proclaim as he began to walk off.

"No wait, I'll show you! Let me just get it lit," David said in a desperate attempt to keep them. He took out two rocks and began to try and light the firewood.

(Y/n) watched, holding her hand in pain. She looked down at her hand, the yellow friendship bracelet seemed duller now compared to her red skin. Rain began to pour down as David continued to try his hardest to start the fire.

"David, let it go," Gwen told him as she walked over.

She stood next to (Y/n) as he continued to try and light the firewood. Both of them made eye contact, as (Y/n) nodded her head. Gwen sighed out and turned to the kids, pushing them to go inside.

(Y/n) walked over next to David as he tried his hardest. She squatted down and sat next to David, she grabbed one of his arms and leaned against him. David felt tears coming in in the corner of his eyes as Max spoke up.

"Your right David! You were right, this is amazing,"

"If I can just show you," David said as he continued to try and light the firewood. (Y/n) stayed next to David, not saying a word as Max pressed on,

"You really think a big campfire and some outdated, honestly kind of racist tradition is going to make anyone care about anything?"

David continued, his eyebrows knitting together in anger.

"No one gives a shit David, no one wants to be here,"

Davids eyes were blurred with tears as his actions became more violent. Max saw (Y/n) as she didn't move. His patience wearing thin as he saw her just sitting there.

"God it's like you two live in this make believe world where everything is perfect! The universe doesn't work like that way idiots, just look around. It's what I've been trying to show you since day 1!"

Max walked closer as David stopped. He looked next to (Y/n) who was still there, sitting in the mud with tears running down her face as she held her hand.

"The world sucks, we live in a world with desensitized assholes. Why don't you two just get with the program and stop giving a shit."

David stayed looking at (Y/n), who didn't move. He looked back at the bonfire and whispered out, "You're right,"

"What?"

"Times have changed," David stood up, keeping his attention towards (Y/n) who didn't make eye contact, "the campers don't care, Gwen doesn't care. Even the founder has better things to do. It seems like at times the only person who's genuine is (Y/n) but I can't let her do everything alone,"

David face stayed stone cold as he turned around. His eyes locked with Max's, "but that's why I'll never stop trying. Because someone fucking has to."

Lighting could he heard in the distance as they both stared at each other. David turned back around, squatting next to (Y/n) and began to try again.

Max looked onto (Y/n), who hasn't said a word to him. He looked back at the broken staff, then back to her.

"(Y/n)-"

"Go back to your tent Max, you'll catch a cold" (Y/n)'s horse voice manage to say. She didn't look at him, her eyes staring ahead.

David continued to try to light the fire wood until his Flint broke. He growled in fury before he shouted, "Oh give me a break!"

"David! (Y/n)!"

He threw it against the wood. Both of them looked up in fear as the wood came crashing down onto them.

Max ran over and pulled out David. His head was bleeding from the impact. Max felt himself run cold and he began to pull out (Y/n). The rain began to stop as the pulled her out. His tears ran down his face and fell onto (Y/n).

She began to stir awake, which caused Max to calm down.

~'•~'•~

David woke up, rubbing his head in pain. He look to see the campers all dressed in Native American outfits. All with large smiles, said at the same time

"Campe Diem brother David!"

"Oh my gosh! You all look perfect!" He shouted with glee. Suddenly QM and Gwen walked next to him.

"And it's all thanks to your guidance David!" Gwen gave him a large smile. David gave her one back, before he noticed someone missing.

"Wait where (Y/n)?"

"Davey!"

He turned around to see (Y/n) jump into his arms. They both spun around with laughter. As they stopped spinning, he noticed (Y/n) was also wearing a headband similar to Gwen's, with a large smile. (Y/n) grabbed his face and kissed his cheek, which caused David to turn red.

"Let us rejoice," Quarter master said in a monotone voice. He shot the flaming arrow towards the bonfire, causing smoke to appear.

"David I am the spirit of the Sparrow, thank you for teaching the kids the joy of camping, nature and life! And hey, I'm your real father!"

"Oh thank you spirit," David said gratefully as he hugged (Y/n) closer to him, "I feel like I'm dreaming!"

"That's because you are idiot,"

"What?"

~'•~'•~

"David, David, can you hear me?" (Y/n) asked.

She watched as he began to slowly wake up. When (Y/n) woke up, she immediately rushed to the cabin to get his head wrapped up.

David fully woke up when Nikki shot an arrow towards him. They both looked over and saw Gwen shouting at her to stop. David looked around before he saw the campers.

"You're all dressed up as," David began before Neil interrupted,

"Indians just like you said!"

"Do you like them! I love them!" Preston shouted in happiness.

"But why?" David asked as (Y/n) helped him up. He looked down to see her hand all bandage up. David felt his head, feeling the fabric of the bandages.

"Alright I've fix it, everyone hurry up and," Max saw David awake and groaned while holding the staff, "aw shit he's awake"

"Max did you?"

"Do not look too deeply into this!" Max pointed the staff at David. He could see the duck tape holding both pieces together. "You suck, this world sucks. But if we didn't do this, I'm pretty sure you'll kill yourself or something,"

"Aw Max," David said happily before Max added,

"Or shoot up the camp, I don't know it's a possibility,"

(Y/n) smiled as Max tried to give back the staff to David. However the staff broke again, but David pushed back the other half to Max.

They all turned as QM began to strum the guitar, Gwen looked at the campers as she quietly began to sing.

"There's a place I know that's tucked away, a place where you and I can stay."

(Y/n) and David walked next to the fire place. Both smiling softly at each other.

"Where we can go to laugh and play, and have adventures everyday."

(Y/n) felt as someone pulled at the end of her hoodie that's tied around her waist. She looked down to see Max looking up at her, giving her a genuine smile. (Y/n) gave him a small smile and picked him up, holding him close.

"I know it's sounds hard to believe,"

David pulled (Y/n) into a side hug. The three of them enjoying the warmth of the fire.

"but guys and gals it's true,"

"Hey Max how did you start a fire with wet wood anyway?" David asked softly, still holding onto (Y/n).

"I'm not an idiot David, I used gasoline," Max glared up at David while holding onto (Y/n). Both of their eyes widen when they heard what Max said.

"Wait what?"

Suddenly a large explosion happen, causing Nikki to yell out in excitement.

"Camp Campbell is the place for me and you,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.1K 34
She/her pronouns! This is y/n (you,readers) adventures with all the campers and adults at Camp Cambell. Y/n's a bored 23 year old with a work at ho...
9.8K 176 16
I will try to update this book as much as possible. Hopefully 1-2 chapters a day. If you don't like this book, then that's okay! I hope everyone else...
228K 5K 60
BEST RANKING: 1 in #max (against 10.4K other stories, 9.1.20 and on 2.4.22), 1 in #nikki, 1 in #maxxreader, & 20 in #campcamp (out of over 1,000 othe...
536K 15.1K 31
(She pronouns, if male or whatever ignore the pronouns I guess) (This also turns into a David x Reader.) A beautiful and crazy camp, with laughs, go...