Orphan

Galing kay The_Alice_Killer

Mitake Ran was found abandoned one day as a baby. She was taken to an orphanage to find a new home. It's been... Higit pa

Fire
Home
Nightmares
Found Out
Taken
Stuck
Reunited
Runaway
You Can't Hide Forever
Safe?
Choice
Free at Last?
Finally Normal?
Let's Start a Band
Triggers
The Truth
What is Going on?
What Should We Do?
Outing
Bullying No More
What To Do? Go On A Date Apparently

Friends

377 9 0
Galing kay The_Alice_Killer

Ran's POV:

I was able to walk again after a week. Granted, I was pretty slow. Tomoe or Ako tended to always be beside me whenever I was walking. I guess they just want to make sure that I don't fall and hurt myself.

Once I proved that I was stable on my feet, Tomoe and I were allowed to go outside together. I haven't ever seen a town before. This is going to be really cool and really scary. What if people don't like me?

"You ready to go see the town?" Tomoe asked.

She was bouncing with excitement. I guess she's been looking forward to this day for a while now. I wonder what she wants to show me.

"Um... I guess... I've never been in a town before, though." I said, "Is it big?"

"Yeah. But, not too big. I promise you won't get lost easily. And it's not really that crowded on the streets either." Tomoe replied.

"Where are we gonna go?" I asked.

"I wanna introduce you to my friends." Tomle said, "I bet they'll like you a lot."

I'm kind of scared to meet them. I've never really had friends before. And what if they don't like me? Then what? I'll probably be on my own again. I doubt she'd abandon her friends for me.

"Stay safe, girls!" Dad called as opened the front door.

"We will!" Tomoe called back.

We went outside and started walking down a street. I was glancing around at the nee surroundings. So this is what a town looks like. It's not that bad. At least, for now.

Tomoe and I walked at a slow pace. Even if I could walk, I still was told to take it easy. They didn't want me hurting myself again. I don't want that either. I hope soon I'll be all better so I can be normal. I want to be able to run again.

"This is the first friend. I'll go see if she can come out and play." Tomoe stopped in front of a house.

I nodded and waited back for her. I wasn't ready to go and talk to complete strangers. Especially not adults. I don't trust adults that much. Not after the caretakers at the orphanage. I really only trust mom and dad.

I watched as Tomoe started talking to a woman. The woman had pink hair. I had never seen someone with that hair color before. Everyone at the orphanage had black or brown hair. Except when one kid came in with blond.

The woman looked over at me. I gulped and stood as still as a statue. Please just leave me alone. I don't trust you.

Unfortunately, Tomoe called me closer. I nervously walked over to her. I hid behind her back and looked up at the woman. She smiled at me.

"Would you two like to come in? She'll be done in a few minutes." The woman asked.

Please say no. Say we'll just wait out here. I don't wanna go inside. Please, Tomoe. I'm begging you.

"Sure." Tomoe said. Great. Now I'm stuck going inside this house.

The woman led us inside. We sat down in the living room. I kept myself pressed up beside Tomoe. I don't like being in here. I hope this friend comes out really soon. I want to go back outside.

We ended up having to wait for a while. The woman was talking to Tomoe. She was asking some questions about me. She tried asking me, but I refused to talk to her. Tomow just told her that I was shy.

Finally, a girl our age came into the room. She waved excitedly at Tomoe. Tomoe stood up. The two of them hugged. I watched them from the side. Should I do anything?

"Who's this?" The girl looked at me.

"This is Ran. She's the girl I was telling you guys about." Tomoe replied, "Ran, this is Himari."

"Nice to finally meet you, Ran!" Himari smiled at me.

I couldn't find my voice. I just offered her a shakey smile.

"She's shy." Tomoe said.

"Oh. I'm sure you'll warm up to me soon. I promise I'm really nice." Himari said.

"Ready to go out then?" Tomoe asked.

Himari nodded. She put on her shoes and then we left. I relaxed a little bit since we were outside again. Himari doesn't seem that bad. I think I could trust her.

We only had a short walk before we reached the next house. Like before, I hung back. Tomoe and Himari went to the door and asked for their friend. I waited silently. I kept glancing around me. I don't feel 100% safe here yet.

It didn't take them too long to get the next one. This one had short brown hair. That hair color I was used to. I had never seen anyone with Tomoe, Ako, or Himari's hair colors before.

"This is Tsugumi. Tsugu, this is Ran. She's pretty shy like you." Tomoe introduced us to each other.

"N-nice to meet you, Ran." Tsugumi said.

I just waved at her. I still couldn't get the courage to speak. My throat felt dry. Why am I so scared? These are kids my age. And they've been really nice to me. Why am I afraid to talk to them? I shouldn't be. I know that much.

"There's one more of us. Then we can go to the park and talk." Tomoe said.

"Think Moca's even awake yet?" Himari asked.

"Maybe. She'll wake up once she hears the news." Tomoe replied.

"Yeah, Ran~ Moca's been dying to meet you." Himari hummed as she smiled at me.

"Why?" I finally managed to find my voice.

"Because, you're so mysterious. No one's ever had someone like you around here before." Himari replied. She didn't react to me speaking. I'm glad about that.

"How am I mysterious?" I questioned. I feel a little braver now.

"Because you just kinda showed up one day with no real identity." Himari explained, "You're the cool new kid around."

"I don't want to be..." I mumbled.

"Come on, Ran~ It'll help you make friends really easily." Himari protested.

"I don't care..." I said.

"Aww..." Himari pouted.

"We're here. I'll get her." Tomoe said and then she walked up to the door.

I glanced between Himari and Tsugumi. They were both watching Tomoe. I eventually looked at her as well. She was talking to someone. I guess that must be this Moca they were talking about.

After a few minutes, the two of them came back to us. As I stared at Moca, I had this feeling that I knew her. I don't know from where though. She can't be from the orphanage. There's no way. I'd have remembered someone like her there.

"You guys ready to go to the park?" Tomoe asked.

"Yeah!" Everyone else but me said.

I just nodded to say I was fine with it. I still don't really feel like talking that much. I don't know if I'll talk to them for a while. I have issues finding my voice still.

"So, you're Ran, huh?" Moca eyed me up.

I nodded. It doesn't seem like she recognizes me. Then again, if she does know me, it wouldn't be under that name. So, maybe she won't know me anyway. That's fine by me. I don't need anyone to know me here. I want to start over if I can.

The walk to the park didn't take too long. We went to an empty part of the park and sat down. All of them were looking at me. I don't really want to talk.

"So, Ran. Um... can you tell us about yourself?" Himari took the lead.

I stared down at my legs. I started fiddling with my fingers. I'm nervous. What am I supposed to say? Do they know I'm an orphan? I don't know what Tomoe's told them.

"What do you know?" I asked.

"That Tomoe found you in the woods and that you don't know where your parents are." Moca was the one who answered, "Unless Tomo-chin was lying to us."

"Moca... come on, why would I lie to you guys." Tomoe chuckled.

She lied to them. She actually made sure they didn't know I'm from an orphanage. She listened to me. I'm really happy. So, I don't have to tell them the truth then. That's good.

"Well... um... I don't really know what to say..." I mumbled.

"What do you like to do?" Tsugumi asked.

"Uh... read, I guess..." I said. I really didn't have much to do in the orphanage so I don't have much to say.

"What about games? What do you like to play?" Himari asked.

"I... I never played any games..." I mumbled. I was never included in any games.

"How didn't you?" Everyone seemed shocked.

"I just was never included." I didn't see a point in lying.

"You didn't have any friends?" Moca questioned.

I nodded. I never had friends. No one liked me. I was always the weird kid.

They continued to ask me questions for a while. I tried to answer them, but it was hard. I can't let them know the truth about my life. They think I have parents who are looking for me. I don't think that's the case at all. They're probably dead.

We stopped when it was the afternoon. Everyone was supposed to go home for lunch. But, Moca asked to talk to me alone. I wonder what she could want.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.8K 56 10
[ONLY AVAILABLE ON WATTPAD, MY OWN ORIGINAL CREATION] I've always loved you, so do you love me too? That's been wandering through two boys' minds for...
8.4K 233 15
(This is a spin off of my book Wrong Body (FTM Deku), so there will be references from that book. But anyways. ) Katsuki, Hitoshi, Eijiro, and Denki...
7.4K 224 17
Dear Readers, I am not good with these two but please enjoy this is my favorite Genshin ship right now so also appreciate it if you like it. Kuki Shi...
1.3K 45 10
( Shinbakudeku) The inspection for this book come from that i really like the ship. But there rarely are any books. So i take it upon myself to writ...