Being Bad

By kathleenf4

| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Free
Chapter 2: New Changes
Chapter 3: The Gang
Chapter 4: I Challenge You
Chapter 5: Too Many Rich Kids
Chapter 6: Cat Got Your Tongue?
Chapter 7: Detention Is For Losers
Chapter 8: Fo Shizzle
Chapter 9: Just A Loner
Chapter 10: Your Cherry
Chapter 11: Playing The Game
Chapter 12: Just Hanging Around
Chapter 13: How You Get The Girl
Chapter 14: The Player
Chapter 15: Punches From Hell
Chapter 16: What I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 17: I'm A Sunflower
Chapter 18: Run!
Chapter 19: Forgiveness
Chapter 20: Meet The Parents
Chapter 21: Escaping Reality
Chapter 22: Okie Dokie Karaoke
Chapter 23: A Secret Is Revealed [Part 1]
Chapter 24: A Secret Is Revealed [Part 2]
Chapter 25: A New Friend
Chapter 26: Friday Night Lights
Chapter 27: Dancing Like Kanye
Chapter 28: Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire
Chapter 29: Friend Of A Friend
Chapter 30: Dramatic Halloween Bash
Chapter 31: Thank You Next Bitch!
Chapter 32: The Price To Pay
Chapter 33: An Unexpected Occurence
Chapter 34: A Question
Chapter 35: It's Not A Party Without Any Drama
Chapter 36: The Ultimate Betrayal
Chapter 37: My Answer Is Yes
Chapter 38: Andrew Is M.I.A.
Chapter 39: The Guitar Keychain
Chapter 40: More Than Friends?
Chapter 41: Lost But Not Found
Chapter 42: Always Come Back
Chapter 43: On The Right Side Of Rock Bottom
Chapter 44: Ruin My Life
Chapter 45: A Price Family Reunion
Chapter 46: Simm Records
Chapter 47: Amateur Night
Chapter 48: Sing!
Chapter 49: I'm Not Gonna Give All My Secrets Away
Chapter 50: A Strain In The Relationship
Chapter 51: Battle Wounds
Chapter 52: There's Something Really Wrong
Chapter 53: The Plan
Chapter 54: He's A Monster
Chapter 55: It's A Showdown
Chapter 56: Come With Me
Chapter 57: The Different Side of Andrew
Chapter 58: Andrew's Dark Past
Chapter 59: When Everything Changes
Chapter 61: You Can Either Peel The Mango Or Do The Tango
Chapter 62: Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 63: First Official Date
Chapter 64: Just A Glimpse
Chapter 65: I Want It All
Chapter 66: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 67: Congratulations!
Chapter 68: Can You Get Me A Pregnancy Test?
Chapter 69: City Of Angels
Chapter 70: You Can Never Be Forgiven
Chapter 71: Dahlia.
Chapter 72: Things End Badly
Chapter 73: Broken
Chapter 74: The Inevitable
Chapter 75: The Aftermath
Chapter 76: A Glimpse Of The Future
Chapter 77: Prom Night At Hater High [Part 1]
Chapter 78: Prom Night At Hater High [Part 2]
Chapter 79: Prom Night At Hater High [Part 3]
Chapter 80: The Five Stages Of Grief
Chapter 81: You're In My Veins But I Have To Let Go
Chapter 82: Beginning Of The End
Chapter 83: Fairytale Wedding
Epilogue
Author's Note
BEING BAD IS GETTING A SEQUEL???
BEING BAD SEQUEL: FINDING BAD IS PUBLISHED!!!

Chapter 60: The Business Gala

86 6 4
By kathleenf4

Lia James

"You know, I'm really glad you asked me if you could come dress shopping with me," Mrs. Price stated, taking a sharp turn. She had picked me up at my house when I had called her. "Jeremy was too much of a guy to come with me. He insisted he needed to spend more time with our boys, but I knew he was just making excuses to get out of it."

"Yeah, especially since Andrew told me he was getting fitted today for his suit." I had informed her, and she turned her head with a peculiar look.

"That stupid, stupid man. Thinks he can fool someone like me." She shakes her head. I laugh silently, watching the cars beside us pass by.

"They underestimate us too much Mrs. Price. We always find out everything." I agree with her, and she laughs as we take yet another turn.

"Indeed we do." She said. "It's Natalia, by the way. I don't understand why you always make things so formal. It's not like that for us."

"I totally understand, but I just want to be respectful." I reasoned with her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Well, being respectful means calling me by Natalia." She sighs. "Lia, we've known each other for months and you're basically a daughter to me. Andrew adores you, and so do I. So...please."

"Alright. I will respect your wishes."

Awkward.

"So," Natalia breaks the silence. It last about a few moments. We seem to be almost nearing our destination as we come down a strip of a road lined with all different kinds of shops. Restaurants, Ice Cream, Pizza, Shoes, Clothing.

It was a cute little area that I had no idea about.

"How's you and my son?"

I was quite prepared for that, so I jolt my head towards her. "What?"

"How are things with you and Andrew? I presume pretty well considering he doesn't have this dark cloud over his head recently."

"We're doing okay. We had a bit of a bump in the road these past couple of weeks, but we're fine now." I sigh with satisfaction. It's weird to say that Andrew and I's relationship is steady, a clear path.

Even if we're not official yet.

"Yeah, I heard about that. I was there." I looked at her with concern. "After you left. I was there after you left."

"Did he say anything about me?" I asked a bit sheepishly. I wanted to know if he said anything bad about me, if he said hateful words that he didn't mean just to make himself feel better.

That's what Andrew does. He plays the victim and insists in his mind that he is always right. He won't admit that for once he's wrong.

Except for now.

That's how I know for sure Andrew is changing. He's evolving as a person, and truest encompassing someone who fights passionately, but also feels. He recognizes his emotions and embraces them, whether flawed or not.

He's maturing into the man I always knew he could be. Sure, he's got a bit more growing to do but...baby steps.

We're just getting started.

"He was...frustrated." I frowned, and she caught my negative look. "But don't be discouraged. It's been hard for him, I hope you know that."

"I do."

"Good. Because despite what's happening with you guys, you have to know that he's never gotten closure with Bellamy. He still...loves her. Always have, always will. That feeling never faded, because when Andrew loves, he loves with his whole heart...eternally."

I was completely taken aback. Natalias words were comforting, and definitely eased the unsteadiness between Andrew and I regarding his past relationship. I could tell just by his facial expressions how much he's been through and how he never got the closure he needed.

He can never completely move on, and that's okay.

To be broken is to be human.

"I don't think we're quite there yet." I tried lightening the mood, which was semi-successful judging by the look on Natalias face. She grinned brightly, her face glistening from the rays of sun peeking into the car.

"Yeah, but I know you are." She told me. "Look, I know you love him. You told me...and I believe you. You care about him. Over these past couple of months, I was quite hesitant about a girl coming into Andrew's life, but I've come to enjoy your company. It's soothing and something I definitely needed in my life. I like you, Lia. So....just don't....break his heart."

"I won't." I placed my hand on her forearm gracefully. Her skin was warm to the touch.

I wouldn't dare put him through the heartbreak he was put through all those years ago.

Andrew's like a window (as weird as that sounds), he only lets somethings through to him, but there are things that completely shatter him and rip him apart. But from there, he's left to pick himself up and put himself back together again.

That's just the type of person he is.

After all the pondering, Natalia pulled into the small parking lot of a brick building. It had a fire escape with black stairs, and above the white door was the boutique sign.

It read Glamorous.

We both got out of the car in unison. "I used to come here for my prom dresses when I was your age. Then, from there I got my wedding dress here, and now I just get event dresses designed for me all the time. The owner and I are old friends."

I was nervous. This place was intimidating.

As soon as we walked in, I became overwhelmed. The floor was so clean that you could see your reflection through it. Glass chandeliers hung from the ceiling, and there were hundreds of dresses on display, all in a big circle.

The amount of mirrors in this place was absolutely insane. I could never understand how people could work here and be okay with looking at themselves for the whole day.

"Meredith!" Natalia squeals as she approaches a women, who seemed to be relatively her age. She wore a pantsuit, and definitely rocked it. Her pumps clanked against the tile floor, giving the place an aesthetic that was pleasing. This place was calming, despite the exaggerated decor.

"Natalia Simmons, holy crap. I haven't seen you in a year! How've you been?" They both hugged each other while I stood idly.

Awkward.

"I've been alright. Business has been fast lately. I think it's because junior prom for the high schools is approaching soon. They have it early, in April. It's shocking, really."

"Wow. It must be cold around that time."

"For sure." Meredith nodded. "But it's Cali. The weather is always unpredictable."

"Indeed it is." Natalia smiled, looking at her friend. "Well, I have a job for you."

"Nat, we already have your gown ready and tailored." She gestured behind her, and there sat a black ball gown, with a sequined corset, with no straps, and the bottom half of it poofed out.

Even on the mannequin it looked stunning.

"That's not what I'm here for." Natalia grabbed my arm. "This is Lia, and she's attending the Business Gala in a few days. Can you help her find a dress?"

Meredith looks over at me, who was awkwardly standing next to Natalia. She eyes my figure, with a contemplative look on her face.

I mean, I'm not really sure what she's looking at. There's nothing really to special about me.

"Is this you're niece?" Meredith asked Natalia while pointing to me.

Natalia shakes her head with a smile. "No, this is Andrew's friend."

I hold an awkward smile at the lady, as she grins from what Natalia had said. She got the memo.

Technically, Andrew and I being friends is true. We haven't made our relationship official yet, and we haven't even gone on one date.

Not even one.

"I see, I see." She grabs my arm, leading me to the display of gowns on the wall.

She was looking at the wall for a second, in deep thought, and then shook her head.

"I've got something special for you, hun." She said, obviously trying so hard to contain her excitement.

She brought me over to the back of the shop, where the dresses seemed to be a bit more expensive. The detailing on them were exquisite, each sequin was lined perfectly. And the lace of some of the dresses were impeccable.

Not the average prom dresses, but something tells me Meredith doesn't sell these dresses to just anybody.

She lets go of my hand. "Stay here."

She goes behind the curtain, for what seems to be where she makes all the dresses (which are all sewn by her and her crew by the way, according to Natalia). She comes out, almost squealing with excitement.

"This will sure catch everyone's eyes at that gala. I was actually going to save it for my future daughter but...."

"But...what?" I asked hesitantly.

"Unfortunately, children don't seem to be in the cards for me." She frowns. "But it's okay! Natalia's kids feel like my own. I love them all to death."

"I'm so sorry, Meredith." I placed my hand on her shoulder with care.

"Don't worry about it. Plus, this dress will be absolutely stunning on you. Andrew, and basically everyone, is going to love it."

Natalia comes around the corner of the shop. "Did you find anything yet?"

"Yes I did. I told you I always come through with the best dresses." She tells Natalia, and she agreed.

"Alright, let's see it!"

Meredith walks over to the curtain for the 'big reveal', and she counted down from three.

After she said one, she pushed the curtain to the side and unveiled the dress.

.......

I never gasped so hard.

***

It was finally the day of the business gala, and let me tell you it was stressful.

Natalia picked me up early in the morning, which had everyone in my household dazed and in question, and then she brought me to her hairstylist.

The stylist spent about two hours doing my hair. It was a beautiful updo, with little tiny braids entangled into the mix of hair. There was two dutch braids on each side of my head that brought together by the updo. Topping it off with lots of hair spray and hair gel, I could hear the crinkling in my hair with every move I made.

Our next stop, was Natalia's makeup artist. She was a very talented woman, and I told her what I wanted. I showed her my dress (which Natalia insisted that she pay for) as well as my hair, and she suddenly felt a burst of inspiration.

My makeup was very simple, yet elegant and bold. She put nude eyeshadow on my eyelids, blending it in with a little bit of black, to make my blue eyes pop. She put on some winged eye liner, some bronzer and highlighter to give more definition to my cheekbones. Lastly, she plumped my lips up with some bright red lipstick, and then I was on my way.

Fast forward to present, I am sitting in a limo, in line for the Business Gala, outside of a very prestigious banquet hall. It looks like a castle.

Someone had gotten out before me, wearing a white sparkly dress, with a train that seemed miles long. Her hair was put up in a polished bun, and she carried a Louis Vuitton clutch.

"Are you ready, miss?" My limo driver had asked from in front of me.

I gulped, feeling my throat become irritably dry and coarse. I was so nervous. I've never been to any upper class events, especially by myself.

Social Anxiety: On.

Andrew has to be there early to set up, and he had to greet everyone at the bottom of the staircase. Yes, the ballroom that the Gala is taking place is about two floors below ground.

He explained this to me. He said that I had to walk in, and give my name to the 'Scary Man in Black' and from there I had to walk to the gold doors, were two people would be standing side by side to open the door for you. Then, I would descend down the staircase to be greeted by Andrew's father, mother, Nick, and then Andrew. Celina couldn't be here because she has finals for her first semester classes and needed to study.

When it was my turn, the chauffeur opened the door for me, with his hand out. I took it, the white gloves on my hands turning instantly cold from the chilly night breeze. He helped me out of the car and I made my way.

When the guard asked for my name, I told him. I specified saying I was a plus one to Andrew Price, but he said that my name was on the list.

That's weird.

He let me in, and I walked into the big line of men and women in suits and gowns all chatting waiting for the door to open. The security guards in front of the gold door opened for each individual couple, as the line became smaller with every minute.

I was becoming even more anxious than before. I don't like the idea of having all the spotlight on me, even if it's only for a few seconds.

This better be the only time I'm going to this place. I hate getting all this attention.

There's men and women, all about Natalia and Jeremy's age, looking at me with a peculiar stare, probably wondering what I'm doing all alone in a line filled with individuals twice my age.

I waited about ten more minutes in line before I was the next person in line for the gold doors to be opened. My heart was pounding a mile a minute just thinking about what could be on the other side.

"Name and Company please." The guard has asked me.

"Uh...Lia James and...I'm by myself tonight."

He gave me a confused look. "Alright."

He opened the door, and I walked in hesitantly. Heat had swarmed my face, and the only sound in this very large place was the sound of my heels making contact with the tile floor.

I stood above the ballroom, where a grand staircase was before me, and people who had been here before me all stopped what they were doing to look at who the next person who was being presented.

I heard gasps and whispers from everyone who was standing below me. I heard some like "who was she?" or "why is she so young?".

I stood awkwardly at the top of the staircase, waiting for the security guards to announce my name so I could walk down the stairs and blend with the crowd. But even then, I wouldn't blend.

My gown just stood out too much.

It was a bright red dress with a lace corset, decorated with a few sequins here and there, and the bottom flowed out with ruffles, poofing
the gown out. The corset plunged a bit, but it wasn't too much that would make me seem indecent to others. My heels were black, but were hidden by the bottom half of my gown.

And that...was enough to make me stand out like a sour thumb.

"Now presenting Lia James!"

I smiled sheepishly, walking down the millions of steps that led down to the banquet hall. Circle tables lined the border of the room, and the middle was dedicated to waltzing. Mozart was playing by the pianist on the grand piano that was on a platform at the back of the room.

When I reached the floor, Jeremy and Natalia stood to greet me.

"You look absolutely stunning, Lia. A vision." Jeremy had said, and I blushed from his compliment.

"Yes, oh my goodness. Meredith did a wonderful job, you look amazing." Natalia had added, and I blushed even more.

"Thank you both." I smiled. "I'll talk to you guys later, I'm sure I'm holding up the line."

I walked past the Price parents, looking down at the number I was given by the security guard when I checked in. He said my number corresponds with a number on a table. That's where I will be eating dinner.

I searched for the number 22, and with much investigation, I found it situated in the far corner. I didn't mind, anything to keep me away from all this madness.

People were too prim and proper around here. And I'm just...me.

I placed my clutch on my seat, as well as my jacket.

I turned around, seeing all the commotion of the people chattering and gossiping around me. It was an elegant aroma, filled to brim with people all over California. And not just anyone. The wealthiest people.

That is what intimidates me the most.

But I'm here for Andrew.

I scan the hall for a handsome, tall guy with brown wavy hair and dreamy eyes, but he seemed to be nowhere. And judging by the clusters of people scattered around the room, finding him would be nearly impossible.

I continue to scan the perimeter, finding even the slightest clue of his whereabouts. That is, until I make eye contact with someone.

And not just someone.

Him.

The man of my dreams.

He eyes me from afar, drowning himself in my dress, and analyzing every detail of it. He stare was intense, but it intrigued me.

I've never seen him look at me like that in such a long time. Not since his birthday party.

And this time was different. Because we didn't know how we felt about each other.

His feelings were hard to detect, but he was searching my eyes. Searching for longing, and something else I couldn't quite make out.

I approached him slowly, the pathway between us becoming more and more clear as I came closer. His expression remained, and it seemed as though his eyes were dilated.

His eyes were filled with what seemed like lust.

We searched each other's eyes for quite some time.

"Wow." Was all he managed to say.

I admired the way he looked in a suit. He looked crisp and clean. It was different from his usual ripped black jeans and leather jacket look.

I liked it.

"Wow to you too. You look different. I like it." I smiled at him.

"Beautiful." He smiled. "I mean you are beautiful."

How cute was he. He was speechless.

"Thanks."

"S-So...uhhh....do you wanna dance?" He gestured to the empty dance floor.

"You know I would, Andrew. But I have two left feet and would rather spare myself from the embarrassment of breaking your toes from stepping on you with my heels." I joked, and he chuckled lightly.

"You could never break my toes. I'm made of steel."

"Sure." I replied sarcastically, feeling his muscles. He smiles confidently, knowing full well that was just an excuse to feel his hard muscles.

His muscles were amazing.

He looks around toward the guests that were coming. He gives me a frustrated look.

"What?" I asked him.

"I have to go and greet the newcomers." He sighs. "Can you give me a kiss before I go?" He points toward his cheek.

I laugh, taking his hand off his cheek. Instead, I replace his hand with mine, putting both of my hands either side of his face. He leaned down slightly, since the height difference wasn't as dramatic with my heels on.

We come together with a passionate kiss. He placed his hands at my waist, gripping them tightly. I then wrapped my arms around his neck, and suck on his bottom lip.

I particularly wasn't a fan of PDA, and never have been, but with Andrew I've definitely changed. I've been slightly okay with PDA, because I wanted the world to know that he was mine. That he belonged to me.

Even if we haven't made anything official, I like the pace we've been going at. It's slow, but not painstakingly slow. We're young, and unsure of what the world has to offer us yet, so taking it slow is good. It'll make us ready for the whirlwinds after high school and when we go to college.

I release his lip, and we pull apart. I take in a deep breath, having lost some oxygen from our intoxicating kiss. He smothered me in all forms: physically, mentally, and emotionally. And that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I smile at the way he looked at me after our kiss. His cheeks were rosy, and his lips....

Well.....

They were stained bright red, similar to my lipstick.

I giggle. "I'm sorry. I got lipstick all over you."

I attempt to wipe the lipstick from his lips, and he tries shrugging my hands off of him.

"Stop." He laughs. "Let me go to the bathroom. If you see my parents tell them I'm freshening up."

"You got it. Sorry."

He smiles. "It's alright."

He rushes off to the bathroom, and I laugh. It was hysterical seeing him struggle to get his red-stained lips back to normal.

There was no way he was getting it off anytime soon.

I heard an evil snicker from behind me, almost sinister.

Was it a ghost? No.

I turned around and saw who it was.

The mean-spirited, over-obsessive, insecure Shelby Burns.

I forgot she was all Daddy's money.

I glared at her, my expressing changing in a mere millisecond from her sickening presence.

"Well, well, well. Look at what the cat dragged in." She looked at my gown and scoffed.

I looked at hers. She was wearing an olive green gown.

She looked like a piece of lettuce.

"Shelby. What a putrid surprise."

"Come on, Lia. Give up the fucking act. You're a nobody."

"You're wrong, Shelby. You're just jealous that the good girl got the guy for once. Stop trying to be someone of a higher authority than me. You're just a washed up upper class teenager who thinks she has her whole life figured out. Well, guess what? She doesn't. So stop making everyone else feel bad for your own benefit."

She was almost surprised at how fast I snapped at her. But then she gave me the most devilish look the world has ever seen.

"Wow, Lia. You really have changed. You've changed into a bully, a loser. Making other feels bad so that you look good in front of Andrew? That's pathetic, even from you. Besides, we all know he just wants you for your body, and then after he'll dump you and move onto the next girl. That's how he survives. He can't settle for someone to love, so stop envisioning it in your head. He just wants to use you...that's it. Take me for example, I thought we loved each other and the next thing I know he uses me and dumps me for you."

"You're wrong."

"No, I'm not. And you know what? How would your mom feel about this that you're with someone who knows is going to break your heart. She would ashamed of you for finding someone who's going to use you. You're a worthless piece of trash and you don't belong here. Your mother would be ashamed of the person you've come to be. I'm sure she's looking down on you and cursing at you."

I was in tears at this point. "H-How do you know about my mother?"

"I did some digging. I'm very good at investigating people and finding out who they really are." She paused. "After your Mom died, your father knew you were a lost cause. I mean, depression and anorexic? That's so pathetic. Even I know not to let myself go down those dark paths. You're incapable of being fixed. Don't you think about Andrew? Don't you think if you guys dated you would rub off on him, and then he would become the person you are?"

"Fuck you." I said as I stormed off into a random hallway.

With much struggle, I managed to find the outside.

There was a pond, with a gazebo right next to it. I ran over to it, picking up my dress. I sat down on the bench under the gazebo, processing everything that had happened in the past five minutes.

And...

I cried my heart out.

***

I sat, inside the gazebo, crying until my head hurt. The black on my hands from wiping my face was enough to tell me how much that whole conversation had affected me.

It wasn't just the fact that she doubts Andrew and I's relationship, it was because she brought up wounds that were still being healed.

I've been trying for so long to become accustomed to my new reality. My mother died just a few months ago in a tragic car accident, and because of that I suffered from depression and anxiety. I would even starve myself for days because I couldn't look at food without vomiting my guts out.

Then, I had to face the facts and quite abruptly. My father suggested that I move to California with my two best friends to at least bring some light in my life. It was successful. I found friendship, love, and happiness. All the things I had deprived from for so long.

And now it was just thrown in my face. The fact that I had turned into a zombie for months because I had lost someone dear to me. I had never told a soul about my depression or my anxiety because that was my business. Not Shelby's, not Mason's, MINE.

I feel robbed of my privacy. I feel like I was just stripped of my very soul, and the only thing left was the skin on my body holding itself together.

I was struggling to breathe. There was a sliver of me that hoped that maybe I wouldn't breathe anymore. There was a part of me that hoped I could go with my mother.

My vision was blurred from the piles of tears pouring out of my face. I was so focused on sound of my whimpers and my cries, that I didn't even notice a pair of feet in front of me.

I look up, the tears sliding down my cheeks, and find the mystery person.

Who else would it be?

It was Andrew, and he looked hurt. He sat down at my side, cradling my body to his as I trembled. I cried silently on his shoulder, my sniffles becoming more and more prominent. His hands make way to my back, and he rubs in circles to soothe me.

I needed this.

"What's going on?" He whispered in my ear. My breathing was uneven, and I couldn't even muster up the confidence to say anything.

I was too ashamed. Ashamed of what I had become before I left for Cali. Ashamed that I could even put myself through all that trauma and expect something good out of it.

"S-Shelb-by. She-e knows a-about my m-mom."

Andrew drew quiet when I had announced the cause of my episode. I couldn't quite tell what he was thinking or feeling.

"How did she find out?"

I took a deep breath. "After you went to go to the bathroom, she cornered me and basically said my mom deserved to die because I was a horrible child to her."

"But, how?"

"I don't know, Andrew! She's rich, she could hire a bunch of private investigators and then in a few days my whole life story is just right in front of her!"

He shushes me, as a way to calm me down. My emotions were all over the place.

"I hope you know it's not true, right? Your mother loved you. I know that I don't know her, but how could someone not love you? You're smart, beautiful, kind-hearted, brave, and talented. You've got it all." He kissed my forehead. "Girls like Shelby are jealous of who you are as a person because they know they can never be as good as you."

I made a sad-smile. "She was also saying how I don't deserve you, and how you're just going to use me."

He chuckles. "Pure bullshit, Lia. I would never use you. You're too important to me. I've changed as a person and it's all because of you, because I want to be good for you. I've liked you for the longest time, as soon as I laid my eyes on you, I knew in my heart that something great could come out of this. But, I was a dick back then and used my emotions as a means of hurting others. Now, I've learned how to make myself become vulnerable and recognize my feelings and own up to them. And it's all because of you. Because of the man you've made me want to be."

He wasn't finished. "So, you know what? Let's prove Shelby wrong. Let's go get you cleaned up, and let's have the time of our lives, okay? Because nobody else should care about our relationship other than you and me. Who cares what other people think about us? We know how we feel about each other. So, what do you say? Let's go show the world that you're mine."

My heart warmed at the fact of him calling me 'his'. Though I'm not his property, I know he means well.

"What are you saying?" I asked him, wanting him to go on. I had a feeling I knew where he was going.

He smiles brightly. "Lia James, Will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart fluttered, I was surprise it didn't explode out of my chest. I looked at him with so much love and happiness.

He mirrored that look right back.

"Yes."

He gets up from the bench, extending out a hand to me. His smile was brighter than all the stars in the sky combined.

I take it and we walk back to the banquet hall to get me cleaned up, and to have the time of our lives.

~*~
Don't forget to tap the star at the bottom of the screen to vote for this story!

YAYYY! They're finally dating! It's about time, am I right?

What do you think will happen next? Things are about to get complicated real fast.

And the sad part is,

We only have about 20 more chapters to go. But it's okay! There's so much more coming, I don't think you will be ready.

Much love.

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
20.7K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
31.3K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
112K 2.4K 24
He loved me, He loved me not He loved me, but not, in the way I needed him to say. "When you lose someone who use to be your everything it's like...